PDA

View Full Version : The Stewards could police the game

Standpoint
23-06-2001, 08:21 PM
So we miss out on a possible 18000+ crowd on a hot sunny Bank holiday and will end up with a dire 12000 dull midweek game with about 150 away fans, no atmosphere and will probaly lose 0-1.

Why not have the game policed by Stewards like Pompy tried a few seasons ago? There wont be any trouble and I think Selhurst is well over policed anyway. The police just get bored and throw some 13 year olds out for swearing.

If it worked then the club could save a bundle on at least 6 or 7 other low risk fixtures, Grimsby, Barnsley, Walsall, Crewe, 2nd round Worth cup midweek etc.

Brett
23-06-2001, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Standpoint
The police just get bored and throw some 13 year olds out for swearing.

If it worked then the club could save a bundle on other low risk fixtures... Barnsley

:D :p :o

bald-eagle
28-06-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Standpoint

Why not have the game policed by Stewards like Pompy tried a few seasons ago? There wont be any trouble and I think Selhurst is well over policed anyway. The police just get bored and throw some 13 year olds out for swearing.

If it worked then the club could save a bundle on at least 6 or 7 other low risk fixtures, Grimsby, Barnsley, Walsall, Crewe, 2nd round Worth cup midweek etc.

Presumably the pompey "experiment" didn't work since they don't do it any more?

I think the police cancelled the game since, as you say, it could be a good crowd on a sunny bank holiday all fuelled up with alcohol.......the last thing anyone needs is a bit of fisticuffs before or after the game with no police there. The stewards won't have any authority outside the ground, at the stations for example.

Barnsley will never be a low key game again as long as the fat lard arse ******* is playing for them.