PDA

View Full Version : away tickets

ukwhitevanman
24-06-2001, 02:50 AM
Anyone got any idea when the tickets for Orient, Rotherham, and the friendly against Foolham, are due to go on sale? Obviously the Os ground doesn't hold many, so we probably wont get much of an allocation.

Eagle
24-06-2001, 03:23 AM
I think that when we go to grounds with only a limited allocation that's when people who upgraded to Eagle Gold will get first refusal.

PeterH
24-06-2001, 03:47 PM
Orients ground is a fair size. I reckon we will get 2,000 tickets, 1,600 at least.

BaldEagle69
25-06-2001, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
Orients ground is a fair size. I reckon we will get 2,000 tickets, 1,600 at least.

Which will be nore than enough for the first round of the Worthless Cup. I would bet that there will not be more than 2,500 in the ground that night in total!!!

CK
25-06-2001, 05:45 PM
As there are more than a few of us in the city, will there be a meeting point before the Orient game???

Hamilton, Woodins, Plough, Podium etc...

From memory of the last time it's a bit like clowntown in that you're better off drinking before you travel.

PeterH
25-06-2001, 07:54 PM
Woodin Shades for Liverpool Street or a sneeky suggestion. The beer garden of the Jamaican Inn, very near Bank, as is Deacons. You can stand out in the sunshine.

CK
25-06-2001, 08:04 PM
Would that be the old Jamaica in the alleyways? I've only ever drunk in the basement bar.

I think Deacons is a bit of a leg to liv st as, by habit, we of the cherries pursuasion tend to leave at the last minute.

Working on the sunshine principle though, if you are prepared to walk 5 mins to Liv st the pubs on the London Wall high walk, Plough/Podium) get more than their share of sun and the area to stand in is fairly unlimited.

PeterH
25-06-2001, 08:13 PM
You are right about Jamaicas.

Don't need to be near Liverpool Street, Bank is just as good still on Central Line one stop down.

CK
25-06-2001, 08:31 PM
Good point well made.
My natural disaffinity with the tube system.
Still think that Deacons is a sh't hole though.

As an extra point, anybody else in there circa '76/77 when some tw#t took in a shotgun to shut down the lunchtime disco.
That sent me back to work on time.

Sandowneagle
26-06-2001, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Eagle
I think that when we go to grounds with only a limited allocation that's when people who upgraded to Eagle Gold will get first refusal.

And what about Golden Eagles!!!!!!! Paying 100+ a year must be ahead of Eagle Gold.

Dorking .Eagle
28-06-2001, 12:27 PM
Golden Eagles is virtually forgotten by CPFC now, except once a year when they have a show at the Fairfield Halls, and nowadays with 2 tickets each, it is never any more than half full.
I would struggle to think of a benefit that Golden Eagles get over someone who is a season ticket holder and eagle gold

Oisin
28-06-2001, 05:17 PM
The Podium is my girlfriends after work local.