PDA

View Full Version : Relegation certainties


old git
27-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Not anymore, for the first time this season the bookies have 3 teams more likely to go down
West Brom 1/33
Norwich 1/16
Southampton 4/7
Palace 10/11
:p

Louis
27-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by old git
Not anymore, for the first time this season the bookies have 3 teams more likely to go down
West Brom 1/33
Norwich 1/16
Southampton 4/7
Palace 10/11
:p

Anyone giving those odds must think that West Brom and Norwich are relegation certainties.

CPFC Town
27-02-2005, 05:36 PM
no one tempt fate and put money or Norwich or West Brom however tempting it may be!!!!

27-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Deffo i would bet on WB on going down good odds.

Webb
27-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by gull_palace1
Deffo i would bet on WB on going down good odds.

Except you can't, being 13 and all.:rolleyes:

Plus at odds of 1.03 it's really worth the 3p profit from a pound.....

eddieskyclad
27-02-2005, 06:45 PM
how's about a couple of quid on West Brom staying up ;)

Jimbo ?
27-02-2005, 06:47 PM
we have got a good chance now - 4pts clear, a couple of wins should do it. still worry about the lack of other goal scorers if AJ is injured suspended - for me that is still the key

Ebeneezer
27-02-2005, 07:27 PM
There's still far too much football to be played to be evenly remotely certain about anything. The only thing the bookies' odds show is how remarkably tight they are.

TN16_Eagle
27-02-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm putting a ton on Saints staying up. ;)

celery stick
27-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Its going to go to the wire.

Hailsham Eagle
27-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
still worry about the lack of other goal scorers if AJ is suspended
Is that likely? I honestly don't know how many bookings he has - anyone?

Think Ventola maybe like a fresh breath of air when he finally gets back!

muswell eagle
27-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Palace 35 points
Soton 32 points
Norwich 29 points
WBA 27 points

daz_eagle
27-02-2005, 08:49 PM
i can see pompey, fulham or blackburn being done by southampton AND palace if they're not careful.

kezza
27-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I agree Daz, Pompey look to be a definite team sliding down the table.

3rd_Lion
27-02-2005, 11:52 PM
could be anyone.....anything can happen id say its one of the bottom four though and id be more than happy if its us that stays up on goal difference! :p

maestro
27-02-2005, 11:57 PM
If we did somehow beat man u then i think pompey would be in big trouble only 2 points above us

Shipp Ahoy!
28-02-2005, 12:05 AM
If we win something like 2/3 games and the 4 or 5 teams above us lose we go something silly like 14th :eek:

Gary O
28-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by celery stick
Its going to go to the wire. ITS NOT !!!! WE WILL BE VERY COMFORTABLE SOON AND WONT GIVE A ABOUT THE CHARLTON GAME COS WE'LL BE HALF WAY UP THE TABLE !!!!

Gary O
28-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Nicola Ventola WAS and probably still is one of the best strikers Italy Has right now !! WE JUST HAVEN'T SEEN HIM YET !!!!! SORONDO was supposedly the lesser of the two talents we received !!!! ENOUGH SAID !!!! HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF A SONG FOR NICOLA YET !!!!! HE WILL BE OUR ICING ON THIS SEASONS WONDERFUL CAKE !!!!! COME ON THE PALACE !!!!

simplex
28-02-2005, 12:27 AM
Ventola whoa
Ventola whoaa
He's not yet a first team reg
He sneezed and broke his leg...



Poor but an attempt

palacedeano
28-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Would be interested to know the odds on Fulham, Blackburn, Brum and Pompee if anyone knows

daz_eagle
28-02-2005, 07:50 AM
www.oddschecker.com

GanbareWashi
28-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Ventola whoao
Ventola whoao
Wrapped in cotton wool
In case he takes a fall

Adlerhorst
28-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by palacedeano
Would be interested to know the odds on Fulham, Blackburn, Brum and Pompee if anyone knows

Blackburn are about 10-1 as are Portsmouth. Fulham are a little longer and it goes up from there. Couple of places are offering 100-1 for Newcastle to go down - any Mackems out there?

Trolley
28-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by old git
Not anymore, for the first time this season the bookies have 3 teams more likely to go down
:p

Of course this is merely a 'Snapshot' and the odds could alter dramatically after our beloved team's next two games.

eagles #1
28-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Trolley
Of course this is merely a 'Snapshot' and the odds could alter dramatically after our beloved team's next two games. I bet you're gutted we beat Birmingham eh Trolley? :rolleyes:

Trolley
28-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by eagles #1
I bet you're gutted we beat Birmingham eh Trolley? :rolleyes:

What a bizarre assertion.

Most certainly the 'Liturgical' chant of an accusatory rhetorical question.

:confused:

Sussex Eagle
28-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Gary O
Nicola Ventola WAS and probably still is one of the best strikers Italy Has right now !! WE JUST HAVEN'T SEEN HIM YET !!!!! SORONDO was supposedly the lesser of the two talents we received !!!! ENOUGH SAID !!!! HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF A SONG FOR NICOLA YET !!!!! HE WILL BE OUR ICING ON THIS SEASONS WONDERFUL CAKE !!!!! COME ON THE PALACE !!!!

Oh dear...expectations for Ventola are so over-the-top and I doubt he'll live up to them. I had a little thought on Saturday though - I wouldn't put it past Palace and our sense of dramatic timing for his only goal in red 'n blue to be the one that keeps us up - and then never play for us again.

sydney eagle
28-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Trolley
Of course this is merely a 'Snapshot' and the odds could alter dramatically after our beloved team's next two games. you really are a miserable git:rolleyes:

Selhurst300
28-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Trolley
What a bizarre assertion.

Most certainly the 'Liturgical' chant of an accusatory rhetorical question.

:confused:

Liturgical!!!!!!!!!

jazman
28-02-2005, 12:53 PM
a long way to go yet...............

LeeH
28-02-2005, 12:59 PM
you can be sure that Robson, Redknapp and Worthington will use figures like that to tell their teams to go out and prove the bookies wrong. It could also make the teams think, well what have we got to lose (like a lower league club in the FA cup).

Dowie's policy of concentrating on Palace and not the teams around us is the only way for Palace and we definitely still have to watch our backs, big time.

Oddjob
28-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by LeeH
you can be sure that Robson, Redknapp and Worthington will use figures like that to tell their teams to go out and prove the bookies wrong. It could also make the teams think, well what have we got to lose (like a lower league club in the FA cup).

Dowie's policy of concentrating on Palace and not the teams around us is the only way for Palace and we definitely still have to watch our backs, big time.

Exactly, as long as we win the games we need to win we will be fine - Anything gained from Man Utd/Chelsea is just a bonus. We dont need to do anything spectacular, just keep working hard