PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United Team News- Ruud to start...

cpfcben
04-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Ruud To Start, But Neville Misses Out

Ruud van Nistelrooy will start against Crystal Palace as Sir Alex Ferguson attempts to boost the striker's match sharpness ahead of the trip to the San Siro on Tuesday.

United resume their Champions League last 16 tie with the Italian champions next week, but first face the possibility of closing the gap on Chelsea in the Premiership to just three points - if only temporarily.

"Absolutely. Ruud will start," Sir Alex told us.

But the United boss was dealt a defensive blow with the news that Gary Neville misses the trip to Selhurst Park and with his starting place at the San Siro uncertain.

"I would rule Gary Neville out against Crystal Palace," said the United boss. "And we're fighting hard to get him ready for Milan.

"It was a real blow he got on his leg against Portsmouth. Fortunately there was no break. That is the blessing to come out of it.

"Nonetheless, he'll miss Saturday's game and leaves us pushing to get him ready for Tuesday."

Lewes Eagle
04-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Any mention of Rooney or Ronaldo?

orpington pisshead
04-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Who cares we are expected to lose lol, get stuck in from start and they will bottle it due to milan game. wheres darren patterson

Ian Dowie
Lets be honest guys... They will field the best team possible... and they will ooooze class all over the field..

but we've got Dowie and Johnson!!!!

eagles #1
or Giggs and Keane?

Micky Droy
04-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Great - Neville's not playing! We've got a great chance now!

I just got my first tingle of nerves about tomorrow - they really have some players!

BUNGLE
04-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Damn was looking forward to giving neville abit of stick, perhaps his even worse and dumb brother will play instead?

Young Trolley
04-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Wouldn't you just love to see Aki stick a neck high tackle on Keane in the first 5 minutes resulting in him having to leave the field of play for the rest of the game and Aki get a mere talking to?

Cleon
04-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Young Trolley
Wouldn't you just love to see Aki stick a neck high tackle on Keane in the first 5 minutes resulting in him having to leave the field of play for the rest of the game and Aki get a mere talking to?

Hmmm... not sure Aki would survive next season though.

Cleon
04-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Hmmm... so we've got a better goalkeeper than them, and maybe a better right back. You might argue that Sorondo is a better centre-back than either Silvestre or Brown, but it'd be close.

Pity about the other 8 places.

eagles #1
04-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Young Trolley
Wouldn't you just love to see Aki stick a neck high tackle on Keane in the first 5 minutes resulting in him having to leave the field of play for the rest of the game and Aki get a mere talking to? Aki's still injured isnt he?

JohnA
04-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by BUNGLE
Damn was looking forward to giving neville abit of stick, perhaps his even worse and dumb brother will play instead?

Likewise sir is resting the Head Boy.

(football 365 reference).

bkcbongo
04-03-2005, 11:59 AM
i dont think we've got too much too much to worry about tomorrow, I dont expect to win but equally I dont think they'll destroy us, I reckon if they get a lead they'll go on cruise control saving themselves for the european match....

and who knows, if we can frustrate them we might just be able to pull off a point - or three! This is the Palace, I'd never rule it out! I can see them bringing down AJ in the box if they arent getting things their own way.. I quite fancy us taking something from them or Chelsea....

I'll dream on, for now at least!:p

Mong!
04-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Hmmm... not sure Aki would survive next season though.

Well Keane did the same to Haaland...I will never forgive him for that tackle and ruining that players career.

Igor Iconic
04-03-2005, 12:13 PM
I remember the last time they played us before a big European match in mid-week, erm CPFC 3 - 0 Man Utd. Not expecting quite such an emphatic victory this time but I will be pleased with 2-0. lol

orpington pisshead
04-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Shame we cant field Thomas,gray,Madden n Patterson tomorrow

strawberry mivi
04-03-2005, 12:54 PM
One things for sure.
They won't like it up 'em. If we play a physical game - i.e. Bolton-esque - and our legendary fitness levels can keep it up we are in with a chance for a shock result. I.e not a pasting

ElwissAtMemphis
04-03-2005, 01:17 PM
For some reason, I was working under the assumption that United's form was a bit dodgy at the moment and that we had a decent chance of nicking a surprise result. Further research has however revealed that they have a record of 14 wins and 3 draws from their past 17 Premiership matches. Furthermore, they've achieved 7 wins and 1 draw from their last 8 away league games including wins at Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle.

I hate to sound negative but I'm beginninng to thing that we haven't got a hope in hell. The fact that such a run of form seems to be considered almost run-of-the-mill by the press at the moment is a stark indication of how far ahead of the rest of the league the top 3 are (I dread to think what Chelsea's record will be when we head to Stamford Bridge in a couple of weeks)

LeeH
04-03-2005, 01:27 PM
If Fergie stil believes the title could be his, then he'll field as strong a side as possible. I'm expecting a tonking anyway so will be delirious with a point or three! Lets hope we can create a real 'fortress SP' atmosphere tomorrow and also lets hope we get stuck in hard from the off.

adrenalin john
04-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Hmmm... so we've got a better goalkeeper than them, and maybe a better right back. You might argue that Sorondo is a better centre-back than either Silvestre or Brown, but it'd be close.

Pity about the other 8 places.

yes but don't forget Alex Ferguson is an inexperienced and unproven manager.

Eric Young 83
04-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Most important thing is, we dont go a goal down too early, then man u will just look to hit us on the counter and basically open us up. Get to half time without conceeding, then nick a goal and park the bus in front of the goal (mourinho's words, not mine!), heres hoping!

Stellavista
04-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by ElwissAtMemphis

I hate to sound negative but I'm beginning to thing that we haven't got a hope in hell.

No sh*t, Sherlock! :D

pedro
04-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I would be surprised if Keane starts as Ferguson is very relctant to play him twice in the same week and the game in the San Siro wil be more important than us.

kezza
04-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Totally agree pedro, mind it still is an interesting one, no matter if manure were to win or not the fact is that Chelsea is no way going to stuff up agianst Norwich !!!!.

So thinking more on this subject I would feel the chance of Keane playing is low, more likely to be on the Bench.

Also feel that we will begin witha 4-4-2 formation, will be interested to see if Kollka starts (him scoring the most goals against Manure in our team), aswell if Torghelle will have a chance to play ????? (bbc's squad didn't include him, it had Andrews).

Duffle Coat
04-03-2005, 06:16 PM
If Keane doesn't play, I reckon we're in with some kind of chance. As Dowie says, he is the heartbeat. VN is just coming up to fitness. Rooney might bottle it. Hey what's the worry here. Maybe we'll bury their championship hopes in the lush pastures of Selhurst Park. Go Palace !

Pidster
04-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by cpfcben
Ruud To Start, But Neville Misses Out

Ruud van Shithimself will start against Crystal Palace as Sir Alex Ferguson attempts to boost the striker's match sharpness ahead of the trip to the San Siro on Tuesday.

Apparently the going is good-to-soft......not sure if that helps him or not.

EagleSE24
04-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Fergie has jsut won manager of the month, so here's hoping that the famous curse strikes.