PDA

View Full Version : False hope

pallet
21-04-2005, 01:59 PM
We may all be depressed, most of are thinking we are down, but it could be worse.We could be filled withfalse hope like Norwich. After last night they are convinced they are staying up. I would rather be resigned to our fate than thinking we have a chance and then being devasted like I have been before.

daz_eagle
21-04-2005, 02:01 PM
joy to the world!

yourname00
21-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Why shouldn't they think they've got a chance, they're only 2 points from safety and wait a sec so are we but with a better GD.

Not saying we will stay up but it's pretty stupid to say we're down when it's only 2pts.

luxeagle
21-04-2005, 02:06 PM
its only 2 points .....BUT it is palace we are talking about dougie last minute at charlton ?

daz_eagle
21-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by yourname00
Why shouldn't they think they've got a chance, they're only 2 points from safety and wait a sec so are we but with a better GD.

Not saying we will stay up but it's pretty stupid to say we're down when it's only 2pts.

well quite. i'll admit it looks bad, but to say 'we're down' is downright throwing your teddies out of your pram ridiculous.

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!!
21-04-2005, 02:08 PM
We always knew it would go to the wire. Have faith. We'll beat Southampton and Charlton to stay up on goal difference.:p

alan
21-04-2005, 02:08 PM
No it could be worse. We are by no means relegated. How many seasons have we been through relegation/promotion and got really unlikely results right at the end. Last year for one. And the year when we had to win our last two games to avoid division 2 - and did.

I am absolutely sure there are going to be more twists and turns before this one is resolved. I really wouldn't be surprised if we beat Liverpool on Saturday and we will beat Southampton.

Neither can we assume that West Brom Norwich or Southampton are going to get many more points.

I don't like the word bouncebackability - but who knows.

crazy_kitten
21-04-2005, 02:51 PM
don't worry! I went on a BBC results predictor and I made it end up so palace finish 13th with a goal difference of +374! Yay!

Jules
21-04-2005, 02:56 PM
It's not as though our 3 rivals are that special. Sure, 2 of them are on a better run than us, but West Brom, Saints and Norwich all have the ability to be extremely shit. So do we, but it means there is still hope.

Eaglesmad123
21-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Pallet why cant norwich stay up. There run is easy and they have beat man u and the toon army. Less of the bitterness please.

adrenalin john
21-04-2005, 05:32 PM
we are never lucky in the PL, but often are in the league below

AJ1969
21-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by luxeagle
its only 2 points .....BUT it is palace we are talking about dougie last minute at charlton ?

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the Doogster will pull it out of the bag against the pikeys.... fingers x'ed

pallet
21-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Sorry yes I am bitter, mainly through disappointment.

Detroit
21-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by daz_eagle
well quite. i'll admit it looks bad, but to say 'we're down' is downright throwing your teddies out of your pram ridiculous.

you mean you still got your teddy?

awrr!

Detroit
21-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Eaglesmad123
Pallet why cant norwich stay up. There run is easy and they have beat man u and the toon army. Less of the bitterness please.

yeah they almost deserve to stay up they have put some great results together.

Hot as mustard.

I hope they dont though...............lol.
obvious reason.