PDA

View Full Version : Ventola may return for Liverpool game

GUCCI Eagle
22-04-2005, 11:34 AM
...just on the newswires...

GUCCI Eagle
22-04-2005, 11:37 AM
VENTOLA POISED FOR EAGLES RETURN Italian striker Nicola Ventola could be a surprise inclusion for Crystal Palace against Liverpool tomorrow, seven months after breaking his leg. Defender Darren Powell has recovered from flu and is likely to start, but midfielder Mikele Leigertwood (hamstring) is a doubt. Long-term absentees Emmerson Boyce (foot) and striker Tommy Black (leg) remain sidelined. PROVISIONAL SQUAD: Kiraly, Butterfield, Sorondo, Powell, Borrowdale, Routledge, Hughes, Riihilahti, Kolkka, Johnson, Freedman, Speroni, Torghelle, Ventola, Leigertwood, Popovic, Hall, Granville. ends

Trist
22-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Time to make himself a hero...

BLUE BOY
22-04-2005, 11:39 AM
To late now i think.

steve hail
22-04-2005, 11:40 AM
I say play him from the start. What harm can it do? It probably won't work out, but you just never know.

AJ'sLoveMonkey
22-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Go on Nicola its time to make yourself a Palace legend son!

drizzt
22-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Its not too late though is it?

A win tomorrow and who knows. There are two points in it and any of the 4 teams down there can stay up.

Lets face it, it just would'nt be palace if we were already in mid table safety.

cybergibbons
22-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm not sure whether he can make a difference, but I'd be pleased to see him in action.

brb rule
22-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Football season is no fun if we havent got something to play for with four games to go.

Anybody know the odds on us staying up & going down

Radders
22-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Oh god!! Cue the endless "Ventola is our saviour" posts!!!!

stupalace
22-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by brb rule
Football season is no fun if we havent got something to play for with four games to go.

1/8 on going down , cant find odds on us staying up

GreatGonzo
22-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by brb rule

1/9 to go down!

The Parrot
22-04-2005, 11:47 AM
who will Darren Powell be starting instead of then?

Boyandy
22-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Radders

I'd rather that than the endless moaning about Cahill, Ashton and the rest.

middleeagle
22-04-2005, 11:51 AM

Totally agree RADDERS :bash: :bash: :bash:

Santos-er
22-04-2005, 11:53 AM
when is Ventola back?

gold76
22-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by The Parrot
who will Darren Powell be starting instead of then?

Possibly Hall, who had a mare against Norwich? I'm excited about Ventola's return but I think we'll be expecting too much from him.

Sick Bucket
22-04-2005, 12:00 PM

Whilst I agree totally, way too much expectation on him, if he scores a winner tomorrow he will be a kin hero and SP and the BBS will be buzzing once again. We are still in with a shout of staying up.

cpfc4eva&eva&ev
22-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Why cant people just support Ventola and the rest of the team instead of giving negative responses like "its too late" and "cue the saviour posts"! What if he is the saviour and he keeps us up?!?! Are we all going to be upset that he has done it??? NO!!! SO JUST SUPPORT!!!!

ANDYEAGLE
22-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by gold76
Possibly Hall, who had a mare against Norwich? I'm excited about Ventola's return but I think we'll be expecting too much from him.

I think we are expecting too much of Ventola but even if he is on the bench against Liverpool it could give fans and players alike a lift and we need that.
Dont think Hall deserves to be dropped,maybe Sorondo is carrying a knock again. Powell is an adequate replacement for either.

Radders
22-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by cpfc4eva&eva&ev
Why cant people just support Ventola and the rest of the team instead of giving negative responses like "its too late" and "cue the saviour posts"! What if he is the saviour and he keeps us up?!?! Are we all going to be upset that he has done it??? NO!!! SO JUST SUPPORT!!!!

I do support Ventola and anyone who wears the red and blue but I am a realist and that points towards us being lucky if he plays 20 minuites without rupturing something!! You are mistaking negative with realistic my friend. If he does it, great, realistically, his inclusion doesn't change anything. We are still playing Liverpool and we need 11 players to be at the top of their game not just AJ, Ventola, Gabor or anyone else. All of them!!

cpfc4eva&eva&ev
22-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah it is a difficult task but lets stop being negative. We never know!

EddieEdwards
22-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Great news! Give Nicola three or four games to settle in and get his match fitness back, then I'm sure he'll start hitting the net on a regular basis. Oh, hang on... :( ;)

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!!
22-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by stupalace
1/8 on going down , cant find odds on us staying up 8/1?

davematt
22-04-2005, 12:14 PM
COMETH THE HOUR, COMETH THE VENT!!!

AshfordianEagle
22-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Ventola is our saviour :D

Disco
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
I think we are expecting too much of Ventola but even if he is on the bench against Liverpool it could give fans and players alike a lift and we need that.
Dont think Hall deserves to be dropped,maybe Sorondo is carrying a knock again. Powell is an adequate replacement for either.

With Dowies seeming reluctance to play Aki and Leggy injured, wouldn't be suprised to see Fitz move in to midfield with Powell covering at the back.

jazman
Hopefully he will be like a new signing for us and give us a much needed injection of talent and enthusiasm. I am sure he will want to show us what he can do.

Lords Eagle
22-04-2005, 12:18 PM

Did you apply for the part of Marvin in Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy? c'mon, season's not over yet :p

Chris K
22-04-2005, 12:23 PM
great news imvho, if nothing else it will inject some fresh life into the team.

Saviour though? we shall see

Smurph
22-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Ventola aka The Great Prophet Zarquon

(It'll be nice to see him but it's a bit too late)

st albans
22-04-2005, 12:29 PM
so whats the source of this info, it also states powell to play, can't see him ahead of hall or sorondo, unless one of them has an injury

toucaneagle
22-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Ventola looked awful in the reserves apparently - nowhere near match fit.

Mr. Eagle
22-04-2005, 12:47 PM
This is hopefully the boost that we are looking for! Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please work some magic Nic!

ANDYEAGLE
22-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Disco
With Dowies seeming reluctance to play Aki and Leggy injured, wouldn't be suprised to see Fitz move in to midfield with Powell covering at the back.

Dont say that not Fitz back in midfield.
Aki will be back tomorrow I think, and the only reason he has not been playing is that he has been carrying an injury.

rhiannapaul
22-04-2005, 12:49 PM
i have a dream 9 -0 payback

kiethlard
22-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Paul Hammond - The Cage etc...

Thats where we have gone wrong, no nicknames on tracksuits.

Ventola - Messiah

I feel good

Tom's Old Man
22-04-2005, 12:50 PM
I'd love to see him play (providing he is fit), but I'll believe it when I see it.

mydesign11
22-04-2005, 12:51 PM
I had a dream he scored a hatrick against Liverpool! Oh well just a dream but you never know. Come Nicola give it your best shot, I'll be giving 110% behind all the lads. Go on you Eagles show those scousers what we're made of..........EEEEEAAAAAGGGGLLLLLEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!

Santos-er
22-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Possibly better news - Liegertwood is out with a hamstring pull :lux: :lux: :lux:

we have a chance!

strawberry mivi
22-04-2005, 01:06 PM
to the tune LOLA.
-ola
NIC-OLA VENTOLA
:lux::lux::lux::lux::lux::lux:

limited_edition
22-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Disco
With Dowies seeming reluctance to play Aki and Leggy injured, wouldn't be suprised to see Fitz move in to midfield with Powell covering at the back. Gerrard is possibly back. If we play Hall in midfield it will be suicide.

Neil the Eagle
22-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by toucaneagle
Ventola looked awful in the reserves apparently - nowhere near match fit.

Yes and No.

Apparently he did well v Pompey reserves, who were mainly kids, but struggled big-time the following week, against the older, wiser and more physical Leicester journeymen. At least he'll take some of the heat off AJ's 'diving' - on the evidence of the Leicester game, he is absolutely world class at it!

Panman268
22-04-2005, 01:42 PM
If Ventola has been out for seven months with a broken leg he won't be match fit will he? I think we should play Sandor as a target man to help AJ, put Ventola on the bench and give Dougie the day off.

John C
22-04-2005, 02:06 PM
yeah, probably will take him a good 5-6 games to get him back to match fitness ;)

davematt
22-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Not too worried about his match fitness as adrenelin will get him through this last 3-4 weeks. He must be buzzing and anxious to get back out there.

selhurstparkflyer
22-04-2005, 02:37 PM
If he can defend, tackle, win the ball in midfield, pass the ball to fellow players, score goals, take corners and free kicks and run the ball out defence, he might just make a difference.

Gooders
22-04-2005, 02:41 PM
One would imagine that he will have to do something pretty spectacular to win himself a contract somewhere for next season.

I'm not holding my breath though.

eb00cjh
22-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Why do we need Ventola?? Everyone has been critical of the DOOG so much recently, we need to get behind the team!! The DOOG will save us again like before!!! You mark my words!!!!!
:p :afro:

PALACE IS LIFE

Al From Bromley
22-04-2005, 02:42 PM
For the life of me I cannot remember any Palace player coming in to a team late in the season and making much difference. It's wishful thinking in the extreme for anyone to really believe that he is going to set the world on fire. Whilst I wish him all the best, he strikes me as another Padovano, with even dodgier legs.

Scifo
22-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
For the life of me I cannot remember any Palace player coming in to a team late in the season and making much difference. It's wishful thinking in the extreme for anyone to really believe that he is going to set the world on fire. Whilst I wish him all the best, he strikes me as another Padovano, with even dodgier legs.

Cheery as ever Alf.

Malakite
22-04-2005, 02:46 PM
COMETH THE HOUR......

Al From Bromley
22-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Just realistic really Scifo. Of course I'd love it if he was a revelation, but even when he joined, searching the web it was difficult to find anything glowing about him. Most of it highlighted the fact that he was injury prone. He certainly lived up to that reputation. can he get another one for himself with four games left? I hope so, but I doubt it.

Radders
22-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Malakite
COMETH THE HOUR......

Injureth the Ventola!

dave_who_ru
22-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Do the St John's Ambulance chaps and lassies still have their stretcher. They should be prepared.

Al From Bromley
22-04-2005, 02:56 PM
I just remmeber reading this from an Italian fan at the time.

"Ventola is a powerful striker, who is pretty good in the air. He is also a reliable goalscorer. But his problem is that he is somewhat injury prone. And he also usually needs a season to settle in, before he becomes a 20+ goals per season striker. He also assists alot of goals, because of his ability to head the ball to players that are making a run towards the oppositions box."

Malakite
22-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Injureth the Ventola! :D

GOD
22-04-2005, 03:01 PM
straws clutching at

HappyLarry
22-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Santos-er
Possibly better news - Liegertwood is out with a hamstring pull :lux: :lux: :lux:

we have a chance!

hate to say it but was thinking exactly the same - get Aki back in that midfield and we may start holding on to the ball a bit better (and I think that last comment is more a reflection on Liegertwoods passing ability rather then Aki's!)

Panther
22-04-2005, 03:13 PM
I He also assists alot of goals, because of his ability to head the ball to players that are making a run towards the oppositions box."

Unfortunately, with us that's usually opposition midfielders getting back to defend!;)

limited_edition
22-04-2005, 03:22 PM
"Ventola is a powerful striker, who is pretty good in the air. He is also a reliable goalscorer. But his problem is that he is somewhat injury prone. And he also usually needs a season to settle in, before he becomes a 20+ goals per season striker. He also assists alot of goals, because of his ability to head the ball to players that are making a run towards the oppositions box." Ventola's had one assist this season. His run and er, dive got us a pen v Man City. Atoned for an easy header missed that day, though.

Selhurst Celtic
22-04-2005, 03:28 PM
For the life of me I cannot remember any Palace player coming in to a team late in the season and making much difference.

Paul Stewart?

But I agree Al, as yet Ventola is another Padavano.

DAVESTEFF
22-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Can't see Dowie changing the side at this stage.
He hasn't done in the last few games.

Side will be
KIRALY
GRANVILLE SORONDO HALL BUTTERFIELD
HUGHES AKI ROUTLEDGE KOLKKA
FREEDMAN
JOHNSON

SUBS - SPERONI,BORROWDALE,TORGHELLE,VENTOLA,SOARES

bananaman
22-04-2005, 03:43 PM
hes not playing i can tell you that 100%

HappyLarry
22-04-2005, 03:45 PM

Matt Jansen was a late-ish signing & did well (we could have signed GOD and even he would'nt have kept us up with Lombardo & the fat swede in charge)

davematt
22-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by bananaman
hes not playing i can tell you that 100%

On the bench???

DAVESTEFF
22-04-2005, 03:51 PM
KIRALY

BUTTERFIELD SORONDO GRANVILLE

ROUTLEDGE HUGHES AKI KOLKKA

FREEDMAN

TORGHELLE AJ

dannyturner
22-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by DAVESTEFF
Can't see Dowie changing the side at this stage.
He hasn't done in the last few games.

Side will be
KIRALY
GRANVILLE SORONDO HALL BUTTERFIELD
HUGHES AKI ROUTLEDGE KOLKKA
FREEDMAN
JOHNSON

SUBS - SPERONI,BORROWDALE,TORGHELLE,VENTOLA,SOARES

This post is spot on. Dowie has bottled it lately and we are down. Even on Wednesday it was a bottle job. What looked to be a 4-4-2 soon ended up a 4-5-1. Well done to ID for giving us this season, but even he has proved to be fallable. Hope he learns from this and this time next year we are already promoted.

Tommy Pickle
22-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Santos-er

we have a chance!

Yeah, great news, i love it when our players are injured, always gives us more of a chance.

gabor_the_great
22-04-2005, 04:09 PM
about bloody time. how many reseve games does he have to play before he is fit.

Tommy Pickle
22-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by dannyturner
This post is spot on. Dowie has bottled it lately and we are down. Even on Wednesday it was a bottle job. What looked to be a 4-4-2 soon ended up a 4-5-1. Well done to ID for giving us this season, but even he has proved to be fallable. Hope he learns from this and this time next year we are already promoted.

Bottle job? The team we put out on Wed was the strongest we had. IMO there currently isn't much between Sandor and the Doog.

eagle mart
22-04-2005, 04:29 PM
I wonder if he will play at all.

Normally if players who have suffered injuries come back - clubs arrange behind closed door friendlies just for one player... I think if Dowie was seriously considering him he would have done this without a friendly this week.

Super Mabbutt
22-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Malakite
COMETH THE HOUR......

beat me to it.

Chris K
22-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Selhurst Celtic
Paul Stewart?

Who was the striker we signed in the Cup Final season, i remember he knocked in a few too.

nomad
22-04-2005, 04:39 PM
When I see him on the pitch, I will believe it. Minute for minute of playing time, he must be the most expensive player in the Prem.

joe walker
22-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by nomad
When I see him on the pitch, I will believe it. Minute for minute of playing time, he must be the most expensive player in the Prem.

other than wages he cost nothing

(even if it includes wages i think djibril cisse is up there and man city's geert de vlieger, who was ruled out for the season about a week after signing for city!)

PeterH
22-04-2005, 05:05 PM

LOL. Apparantly he is the best player in the world, although noone has seen in play. :p

limited_edition
22-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
LOL. Apparantly he is the best player in the world, although noone has seen in play. :p Winning a pen v Man City was better than anything Freedman has done this season in the league.

Duffle Coat
22-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by mydesign11
I had a dream he scored a hatrick against Liverpool! Oh well just a dream but you never know. Come Nicola give it your best shot, I'll be giving 110% behind all the lads. Go on you Eagles show those scousers what we're made of..........EEEEEAAAAAGGGGLLLLLEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!

I dreamt he played too ! I think he was on the big screen after just scoring a goal. Ventola will do what we want him to. I really believe Palace play better when we are least expected to do so. Pal 2 Pool 1. ( Ventola 83minutes, Kiraly pen save in 89 ).

Duffle Coat
22-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by rhiannapaul
i have a dream 9 -0 payback

Now that's my kind of dream.:lux:

dufski13
22-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Ventola to score a double hattrick, with palace to win 9-0 ;)

PeterH
22-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
Winning a pen v Man City was better than anything Freedman has done this season in the league.

I cannot argue with that. In another thread I advocated that Freedman goes in the summer whichever league we are in. I don't htink givibg a contract to someone with a history of injury problems is the solution though, unless we can pay him on a pay as you play basis with a bonus for completing as et number of games.

nomad
22-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
I cannot argue with that. In another thread I advocated that Freedman goes in the summer whichever league we are in. I don't htink givibg a contract to someone with a history of injury problems is the solution though, unless we can pay him on a pay as you play basis with a bonus for completing as et number of games.

Brun did that with "sicknote" Anderton and he made a miraculous recovery - for a while.

popovic7
22-04-2005, 08:17 PM
come one palace its nt over ventola can still keep our hopes alive im confident in him and hopefully so if everyone elsesn i for one am lookin forward to seein him in action come on u eagles

AJ
22-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Chris K
Who was the striker we signed in the Cup Final season, i remember he knocked in a few too.

Garry Thompson, I believe...scored the goal that kept us up and sent either Charlton or Millwall down:p

Elephant with mouse gyp
22-04-2005, 08:31 PM
For the life of me I cannot remember any Palace player coming in to a team late in the season and making much difference.

The challenge is to make a whole team of Al's cast-offs. So far, and I'm aware some of these weren't that late and some are a bit iffy, this is the best I can do. Improvements needed:

Nico Vaessen
Ashley Cole
Kenny Brown
Steve Staunton
Darren Powell
Terry Phelan
Dave Madden
Julian Gray
Paul Stewart
Garry Thompson
Noel Whelan

follow cpfc
22-04-2005, 08:56 PM
we need a mirical from somewhere and who is to say that ventola isint that

Jaserob
22-04-2005, 09:22 PM
I predicted in the Liverpool ballgazing thread 2 days ago that Ventola would come on as sub and score the winner in the 82nd minute. Palace 1- Scousers 0. :lux:

follow cpfc
22-04-2005, 09:25 PM
we need insperation from somewhere

Phil O'Sophical
22-04-2005, 10:49 PM
OK there's a lot of hype on here but at least Ventola has got a top class pedigree to hang his hat on - made his Serie A debut at 16 and has scored goals at all levels, including Champions League and UEFA Cup

96-97 Bari 10 Goals, 29 Games (-)
97-98 Bari 2 Goals, 8 Games (-)
98-99 Inter Milan 6 Goals, 21 Games 3 Goals, 7 Games (Champions League)
99-00 Bologne 14 Games 1 Goals, 4 Games (UEFA Cup)
00-01 Atalanta Bergame 10 Goals, 28 Games (-)
01-02 Inter Milan 4 Goals, 16 Games 5 Goals, 9 Games (UEFA Cup)
03-04 Sienne 4 Goals, 28 Games (-)

If we've got one player on our books who has a track record of scoring goals at the highest levels of football it is Nicola Ventola.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Eastern Boy
22-04-2005, 11:18 PM
We need a miracle at the moment and it's not coming from the present team.

So, I say open the Vent and see if he can breathe life into us!

There are some down people on here tonight and not without good reason, but we're still in it with 4 games to go.

Remember, no one gave us a monkey's arse at Villa Park in 90.

Big Malcontent
22-04-2005, 11:30 PM
I remember in our last Premiership season Lombardo and Padavano returned after long injuries towards the end of the season when we were in a similar position.

But of course, one player or even two players returning doesn't really make that much difference.

imashed
22-04-2005, 11:50 PM
this is as bad as sandor is our saviour:bash:

orpington pisshead
23-04-2005, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by imashed
this is as bad as sandor is our saviour:bash:
sadly true ventola would not trouble a premier defence at mo due to lack of match sharpness,any top flight defender would be able to defend against him sorry but he was pony at leicester. he cant defend or tackle due to fact he wants to protect leg<totally understandable imo>. rather the promising ryan hall had place on bench as he'd offer team more ie= drive,passion,corners, passing, tackling,vission not saying he'll save us but he wouldn't carry burden of current 1st team imo.

Latvian Eagle
23-04-2005, 10:35 AM
I'd like to point out that his Siena record of 4 goals in 28 games is a little in accurate. Yes he made 28 appearances. But what that fails to mention is that 20 of those appearances were as a substitute. :eek:

I'm certainly not pinning all of our hopes on Nik, but I do believe that a half fit Ventola is better than a fully fit Freedman, Shipperley, or Andrews.

kolinkins
23-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
I'd like to point out that his Siena record of 4 goals in 28 games is a little in accurate. Yes he made 28 appearances. But what that fails to mention is that 20 of those appearances were as a substitute. :eek:

I'm certainly not pinning all of our hopes on Nik, but I do believe that a half fit Ventola is better than a fully fit Freedman, Shipperley, or Andrews.

I agree.

The 4 goals in 28 is one of Sussex's fave stats. But Dougie 0 in 18 is one there is no hiding from.

Ventola can change a match, I think he will v Southampton and Charlton. Might be too late by then.

paf
23-04-2005, 10:42 AM
so is he in the squad for today then?

Latvian Eagle
23-04-2005, 10:45 AM
96-97 Bari 10 Goals, 29 Games (-)
97-98 Bari 2 Goals, 8 Games (-)

99-00 Bologna 14 Games 1 Goals, 4 Games (UEFA Cup)
00-01 Atalanta Bergamo 10 Goals, 28 Games (-)

These for me are his key stats. 10 goals isn't bad in a highly defensive league for an 18 year old. 2 goals in 8 games isn't too bad either.

For Bologna he only played 14 games and I seem to remember that's when his injuries started to occur more frequently, but I believe Bologna still think very highly of him. I have taken out the Inter stats as for most of that time he was used as a sub, which isn't surprising when you consider they had the likes of Ronaldo, Zamorano, Baggio etc playing for them. On a side note, Ventola is very good friends with Ronaldo still.

Atalanta 10 goals in 28 games isn't bad for a side very much like Palace in Serie A, which as I said before is a very defence minded league. When you consider not one of our other strikers has scored this season 10 goals would be a marked improvement.

And well he can't have done too much wrong last season when you consider Siena survived in Serie A, and I think he got his fair share of assists.

:p There is hope even if some choose not to believe.

Wayne-o
23-04-2005, 10:47 AM
I ••••in hope he starts today!

eddieskyclad
23-04-2005, 10:55 AM
I'd like to point out that his Siena record of 4 goals in 28 games is a little in accurate. Yes he made 28 appearances. But what that fails to mention is that 20 of those appearances were as a substitute. :eek: So if he wasn't good enough to start for those giants of Italian football Sienna what on earth makes us think he's any better than Blackburn's second choice strikers? Or Middlesbroughs? Or ours for that matter?

drizzt
23-04-2005, 10:58 AM

Latvian Eagle
23-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Well I don't know why he didn't play much, but perhaps fitness/injury was the reasoning, or perhaps the Siena manager prefered the little man-big man partnership of Tore Andre Flo, and Enrico Chiesa.

Ventola has similar traits to both, so ideally he could be brought on for either. He's 6'1" so shorter than Flo at 6'5", and both have good aerial presence. He's skillful, and looks to play other players in like Chiesa.

As I pointed out he's scored 10 goals a season for Bari, and Atalanta in Serie A, two teams very much in the same situation as Palace.

paf
23-04-2005, 11:25 AM
eaglesbet have now added Ventola to the first/last scorer page @ 11-1

Latvian Eagle
23-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Might stick a pound on him being last scorer! :p

eddieskyclad
23-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Might stick a pound on him being last scorer! :p Not a bad idea...

drizzt
23-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Well hes on the bench. Best of luck to him if he gets on.