PDA

View Full Version : Can you ever 'like' Man U?

Bob the Bishop
12-05-2005, 12:21 PM
What if they beat/draw with Soton on Sunday & that allows us escape. Also Fulham if they get the result against Norwich .....

No huge problem generally with Fulham as such, but along with Man U they would obviously incur the wrath of all Palace fans if we won & either of them let us down.

However anyone else likely to develop a 'soft spot' for either of these teams if they help us achieve safety. I can't quite contemplate having a 'soft spot' for old red noses bunch of red clad moaners though!!

I know our predicament is down to ourselves & 'if' we hadn't let in that late goal against Soton ... etc blah blah - but to be fair if someone said we would be in the a shout of escaping the drop come the last game most of us would have taken it!!

Les Butler
12-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Maybe for around a minute....ok 30 seconds errr...20 seconds

dodge_bond
12-05-2005, 03:37 PM
depends if Palace Win on sunday really. if we dont then Man UTD are still a loud of wank. but if we do Man UTD could be liked providing fulham do the business.

palace_crystal
12-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Les Butler
Maybe for around a minute....ok 30 seconds errr...20 seconds

err...10 seconds, err........ NO

Absolution
12-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Really hope Man Utd can pull off a win they have been pathetic... I wish it was Arsenal that had Soton they are sooo much better than Man Utd and would put in a good performance like against Everton :o

orpington pisshead
12-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Yep if utd win or draw away to saints and fulam likewise at home to narrrwich and of course providing we win i'll be gratefull to those two teams all summer as will the pub landlord no doubt.

rabh
12-05-2005, 03:47 PM
man u - not 'like' exactly, more grudgingly respect them for at least doing their duty..put it this way if man u lost i would hate them even more.

Fulham, mmm yeah i think 'don't mind' would be a possibility.

st albans
12-05-2005, 03:47 PM
i'd be grateful but wouldn't like them

PhilD
12-05-2005, 03:54 PM
If United win then they won't be bothered about us and Chris Coleman won't be standing in the dressing room at 2.50 shouting 'let's do this for Palace lads!'

Of course if we stay up I'll appreciate them putting the effort into a meaningless game and getting the result, but I won't love them for doing what they are paid to do.

sunshine lucas
12-05-2005, 03:55 PM
I never thought I'd have a soft spot for Brian Deane but after last year.... :love:

PalaceMonkey
12-05-2005, 03:55 PM
I would still hate them, but just very slightly less.

Dowie's Fist
12-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
I would still hate them, but just very slightly less.

:p

swindu
12-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Man utd make me sick as does skysports love of them!!!

What is it 6 0r 7 matches in a row LIVE, talk about re-circulation of their own money!!

:veryangry

Absolution
12-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by PhilD
Chris Coleman won't be standing in the dressing room at 2.50 shouting 'let's do this for Palace lads!'
Wish he would!

silver
12-05-2005, 06:49 PM
no

I.Flyer
12-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Kit Symonds has been on SSN recently saying he has been on the phone to Cookie today but that Cookie is too much of a professional to need telling to win against Norwich. He will want to win anyway - and I can believe that.

If Fulham win it could be £1.5m extra for going up 3 places so aside from any friendship there is big dosh to play for. :).

We have got to win at Charlton !

norwood_girl
12-05-2005, 06:51 PM
I got a lovely signed piccy of Iain Dowie for my birthday, I was proudly showing it off at work this afternoon when the ManUre fan said "Palace are going down....."

Under no circumstances can I ever have a soft spot for the arrogant ManUre or their scumbag fans.

Baffled Bob
12-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by norwood_girl
I got a lovely signed piccy of Iain Dowie for my birthday, I was proudly showing it off at work this afternoon when the ManUre fan said "Palace are going down....."

Under no circumstances can I ever have a soft spot for the arrogant ManUre or their scumbag fans.

I would suggest you get into work v v early tomorrow and stick a great big "Under New Management" banner over his desk.

And then spend the rest of the day referring to "Soccer" as being "real neat" or "cool"

:hi:

3rd_Lion
12-05-2005, 08:16 PM
I dont care who and whats happen and how much hatred people have got for Man united but if they win on sunday it would be a treat for us!

But can you really see Fergie giving a toss about Palace...errmmm na!

€pfc
12-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Baffled Bob
I would suggest you get into work v v early tomorrow and stick a great big "Under New Management" banner over his desk.

And then spend the rest of the day referring to "Soccer" as being "real neat" or "cool"

:hi:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

rhiannapaul
12-05-2005, 09:01 PM
there is a reason we dont like that scum side and it aint just that t wat cantona episode

norwood_girl
13-05-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Baffled Bob

ooooh yesss ! good idea.

They did agree to sponsor me for the BBS Ladies Run (free plug www.justgiving.com/bbsmarathon oops !) double if I wore a ManUre shirt uuuugh ! :eek:

jone-zee
13-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Ive heard many reasons tonight why We should have some sort of sympathy towards these twats and I cant agree with any of them. They have rode every every other team with a superior attitude and I am just going to take solace in the fact they are now suffering. •••• OFF AND DIE YOU RED ••••• with your the end of community clubs blah blah. You couldnt care less until its now happening to you. I hope you suffer like so many have suffered BECAUSE of you.

Nork1
13-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by jone-zee
•••• OFF AND DIE YOU RED ••••• with your the end of community clubs blah blah. You couldnt care less until its now happening to you. I hope you suffer like so many have suffered BECAUSE of you.

Harsh...

but fair!!! :D

Palaceboy222
13-05-2005, 11:10 PM
does anyone still have a soft spot for birmingham (was it even them??) for beating huddersfield in the stockport season? no of course not, we will cheer them during the match but as soon as that whistles gone, - we'll celebrate PALACE's achievement - NOT united/fulhams

stevey_d
14-05-2005, 10:05 AM
If they win on Sunday- Yes for a while

If they beat Arse in final- Yes for a few hours

In europe- yes