PDA

View Full Version : Dowie On Sky

Phil O'Sophical
15-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Dowie disappointed at the last goal we gave away but says that the players have gone through fire for him for all season. Talks about the Championship - be bright and bubbly when we start pre-season training and be better next year than we were this.

Very positive as usual - No hint of leaving

drizzt
15-05-2005, 04:54 PM
compared to harry redknapp........'they'll be up there next season'

moi
If we can keep our players, Wayne, AJ, Ventola included and the back room staff, i feel really positive bout next season

Marc
The sounds from Dowie, 'I'll be here pre-season', Jordan 'Why would I sell an irreplacable player?' and AJ 'I've signed a 5 year contract for a reason, I love working under Dowie and scoring goals for this club' make me pretty confident about the start of next season. AJ's england 'career' is yet to make a proper start, let's face it. He can make the subs bench from the championship and I can only see him leaving if we fail to get promoted next year.

Believe.

BUNGLE
15-05-2005, 04:57 PM
We'll have a good defence even if Hall leaves and espcialy if Granville leaves.

Gerry from Sussex
15-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Bit unfair that, Granville has improved a lot. Sadly, I think Pops is the one we really ought to lose.

anti-addick
15-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by moi
If we can keep our players, Wayne, AJ, Ventola included and the back room staff, i feel really positive bout next season

ROFL!!! You've just named 3 of the 4 i'd put down as dead certs to leave in the summer!

Marc
15-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Ventola and Sorondo I'd expect to leave, the rest may or may not.

firesign
15-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Just heard ID on 5Live and everything he said was about being positive for next season. He gave no hint at all they he wouldn't be around.

The Omen
15-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Gerry from Sussex
Bit unfair that, Granville has improved a lot. Sadly, I think Pops is the one we really ought to lose.

Agreed. Not including his performance at home to Liverpool, he has been our worst player this season (Popovic) apart from Speroni.

Marc
15-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Thirded? He's just not 'together' enough at the back. Ice man Hall every time for me :)

CPFC_DAVE77
15-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by anti-addick
ROFL!!! You've just named 3 of the 4 i'd put down as dead certs to leave in the summer!

exactly, we have to be realistic, i feel as sick as everyone else, but i'd be surprised if we keep anyone out of Wayne, AJ and Ventola.

CPFC_DAVE77
15-05-2005, 05:06 PM
BTW, whats all this about Granville, hes been decent all year. Leave off him.

PeterH
15-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Marc
The sounds from Dowie, 'I'll be here pre-season', Jordan 'Why would I sell an irreplacable player?' and AJ 'I've signed a 5 year contract for a reason, I love working under Dowie and scoring goals for this club' make me pretty confident about the start of next season. AJ's england 'career' is yet to make a proper start, let's face it. He can make the subs bench from the championship and I can only see him leaving if we fail to get promoted next year.

Believe.

Here is hoping. Going to be a long two months or so waiting to find out though.

moi
15-05-2005, 05:15 PM

Well, thats because im hoping they will stay!

Marc
15-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
Here is hoping. Going to be a long two months or so waiting to find out though.

Only if you pay too much attention to the speculation, get a nice cold drink or two and wait for the facts. :p

I suggest you don't do it on the BBS though!

anti-addick
15-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by The Omen
Agreed. Not including his performance at home to Liverpool, he has been our worst player this season (Popovic) apart from Speroni.

What? :bash:

alaneagle
15-05-2005, 05:18 PM
popa has been gd last couple of games!

anti-addick
15-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by moi
Well, thats because im hoping they will stay!

Get over it, just hope that we coin it in for AJ, because they're all off along with Kiraly and probably some others

moi
15-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Get over it, just hope that we coin it in for AJ, because they're all off along with Kiraly and probably some others

Im not saying there not, i just want to try and remain positive until we know for sure

Gerry from Sussex
15-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Just a point of order, Ventola is a free agent - technically he wouldn't be leaving, just not signing. Anyway, would be fun for him to stay but having gone to such pains to keep our finances under control would it really make sense to pay the wages it would need to keep him. If we lose AJ and Wayne that's 7 million plus for new signings. Quite a bit for a div 1 club in the post ITV digital era. It's not all bad.

orpington pisshead
15-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by BUNGLE
We'll have a good defence even if Hall leaves and espcialy if Granville leaves. :o

se1eagle
15-05-2005, 05:24 PM
not wishing to depress anyone, but i just saw this:

http://www.clubcall.com/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,5034-143502-19728-33213-171443-11846-5024-layout104-160718-news-item,00.html

anti-addick
15-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Barely any of it will get spent Gerry, I just hope we don't resign that tub of lard Shipperly on another stupid deal

GBG_Eagle
15-05-2005, 05:27 PM
If Dowie´s leaves for Southampton then all that he has said and done this season will be for nothing. If he really has the attitude and those principles he says he has then he will stay. If not - then goodbye. I myself will not bother myself with speculations like that.

Gerry from Sussex
15-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by se1eagle

http://www.clubcall.com/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,5034-143502-19728-33213-171443-11846-5024-layout104-160718-news-item,00.html

Yea but read the last sentence. Rupert Lowe is reportedly impressed by Dowie's ability to work with a tight budget - i.e. he wouldn't have any money to spend. Don't see how that would tempt him away from Selhurst.

CK

Leave because of Jordan to work for Lowe:eek: Talk about frying pan and fire. Lowes track record with managers makes SJ look like a cakewalk.

Ridcully

With the getting relegated cant see it now.

They will find it hard to go straight back up too.

AJ
15-05-2005, 05:29 PM

Crap.....Hudson has been by far our worse player....Pop had a couple of "mares" but apart from that he has been ok.

ogami75
15-05-2005, 05:30 PM
It's all talk - wait and see what happens. I think Dowie came to us last year with the intention of turning an ailing side into a stable one - he got promotion instead. I don't think he'll walk away too easily as he has learnt a lot this season and will want to build up a team that wins the championship and stays up when promoted. All depends on who we can keep - but at the end of the day its football and bloody well anything could happen!

orpington pisshead
15-05-2005, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by se1eagle

http://www.clubcall.com/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,5034-143502-19728-33213-171443-11846-5024-layout104-160718-news-item,00.html [/QUOTE
They are skint and lowe said relegation will cost jobs so it sounds like they are worse off than us, not worried bout dowie going there.

CK
15-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by firesign
Just heard ID on 5Live and everything he said was about being positive for next season. He gave no hint at all they he wouldn't be around.

I think his words were something like. " The players have worked hard all season and made me proud of them. If they carry on giving me that then I'll continue to be proud"

I know it's straws and clutching but heh!:p :eek:

nomad
15-05-2005, 05:32 PM

Yes, but will Jordan back him? The guy needs to get our infrastructure sorted out e.g. training ground and give Dowie the money he needs to get us back up, while we have the luxury of parachute payments.

The only things that cheered me up this afternoon were Soton finishing bottom and not having to put up with mad Delia celebrating.

tommygear
15-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Gerry from Sussex

Granville has improved, but seems to switch off in the last five minutes at crucial times (So'ton, Charlton at home)

tommygear
15-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Ventola won't stay

BUNGLE
15-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Doubt Dowie would want to move even further away from his family in going to Southampton.

If we lose Johnson and Routledge, all we would need would probably be about 3million to replace them with players good enough to get us back up and buy the ground with the rest. I'd be happy with that.

GreatGonzo
15-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Sorrondo - Going, has anothe ryear on his Inter contract so unlikely to take a wage cut to play fizzy pop.

Wayne - I heard it was a done deal so i think he will be off, if we keep him it will be very good news.

Granville - will he get a better offer elsewhere? He either accepts less money from us or finds a new club.

Kiraly - this is the one i cannot work out, i think he actually signed teh contract extension so should stay, However he is a foriegn international keeper and probably needs to play top flight to maintain his international place - at least we get money if he goes - he has given no indications.

Ventola - What offers will he get? He is out of contract, hails Harbin as the man who is sorting out his fitness issue, will a top flight european team take a risk on him? If not he will have to sign for someone and i think we would be top of that list!

AJ - He didn't look like a player who was saying goodbye today - certainly nothing out of the ordinary about his post match routine. Jordan also had a word in his ear on the pitch, i think it would take a very good bid for him to go! (Either Newcastle get their £16m owwen bid accepted or if they come knocking we accept no less that that!)

That is the order of likelihood i think the 6 main leavers form out 1st team will go and the reasons why!

917L
15-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by BUNGLE
Doubt Dowie would want to move even further away from his family in going to Southampton.

If we lose Johnson and Routledge, all we would need would probably be about 3million to replace them with players good enough to get us back up and buy the ground with the rest. I'd be happy with that.

We lost Routledge moths ago, and to be honest there are lots of players available who produce as much as him available for little money.

AJ is another thing, he may want to stay and we all wish he would but I'm sure SGE will be telling him he needs to be in the Premiership to retain any chance of being in the England squad. If and I guess when he goes good luck to him, he's been great for this club and would only be leaving because of his international ambitions.

Ben H
15-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil O'Sophical
Dowie disappointed at the last goal we gave away but says that the players have gone through fire for him for all season. Talks about the Championship - be bright and bubbly when we start pre-season training and be better next year than we were this.

Very positive as usual - No hint of leaving

I agree. He sounded very committed.

No doubt James will be on here later to piss on everyone's fires but no one listens to him anymore anyway.:)

Gerry from Sussex
15-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Dowie sounded pretty upbeat considering. Says he has learned lessons which is honest and fair (he is still inexperienced after all). If one of the lessons he can learn is how to get his team to close out a game we will be back with a vengeance.

Ben H
15-05-2005, 06:38 PM
He learnt that it was a shit idea to play Fitz Hall in midfield for the first 7 games of the season when we only won 1 point so there's hope yet.

cpfc4ever
15-05-2005, 06:45 PM
If Dowie stay the future is bright for palace, end of!

Shipp Ahoy!
15-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Dowie: I firmly believe he will stay, he is making all the right noises and I can not see a man of Dowie's honesty to say things like how WE have this and that to do for next season and then walk away. The Southampton link is rubbish, why would he go somewhere with a chairman like Rupert Lowe who makes Jordan look like a Saint (no joke intended)???

Kiraly: I really can see the big guy with us next season. Trust me he will be in between the sticks for us!

Routledge: Bye bye.

Kolkka/Lakis: Bye bye.

AJ: As has been said would take a lot of money which if it did come would help us build the side. Only good can come out of him.

Ventola/Serondo: Not expecting them to stay, Serondo no chance but Ventola's fitness may keep him, both in a lack of offers and in Palaces support to him this season.

---------------------------------

Watson/Soares: Promosing youngsters, Championship if an oportunity to really start making it, good experiance and hopefully will be ready for that level.

Fitz: No doubt he will be here and I rate him highly in the Prem. Year of Championship footy may well improve him and I think he will be exceptional for us.

firesign
15-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Dowie quoted on BBC:
"We have to make sure we hit the ground running and get ourselves up and sharp out the traps when the Championship season starts."

... "If we perform like that we'll be a real handful in the Championship next season."

Doesn't sound like somone on his way.

Sussex Eagle
15-05-2005, 07:31 PM
As I said on another thread, I think realistically we will keep these from the current squad;

Speroni
Cronin

Boyce
Borrowdale
Hall
Popovic
Powell
Togwell

Leigertwood
Watson
Hughes
Soares
Danze
Berry

Freedman
Shipperley or Torghelle

With Dowie staying (he will) and the right additions, it shouldn't be a bad season. Play-offs feasible imo, and perhaps with a few million in the transfer kitty we could do really well. I'm confident of top 10 at the very least.

Velocity
15-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Ventola - What offers will he get? He is out of contract, hails Harbin as the man who is sorting out his fitness issue, will a top flight european team take a risk on him? If not he will have to sign for someone and i think we would be top of that list!

Hes gone. His dad says that he has had offers from Italy and England. He wants to play in the top flight.

Plus I think he is annoyed that Fitz Hall broke his leg in training. Well his wife seemed to be ;p

follow cpfc
15-05-2005, 07:43 PM
I think we will have a good squad for next season but we will need to get some players in

nomad
15-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by AJ
Crap.....Hudson has been by far our worse player....Pop had a couple of "mares" but apart from that he has been ok.

Funny we all have a different perspective on players. I always thought that Popo was a liabilkty in the Prem but then he had a couple of good games Inc Liverpool at home) and then, what does he do, gives away a needless and stupid penalty against Soton, just after we scored. Probably, cost us the three points as, I believe, Soton would have folded without the quick goal after we had scored.

Hudson will be good in the Championship, I feel, and, if Fitz Hall stays, we have a solid cenre back partnership. Hope we can keep AJ and Kiraly.

Chillo
15-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Dowie quoted on BBC:
"We have to make sure we hit the ground running and get ourselves up and sharp out the traps when the Championship season starts."

... "If we perform like that we'll be a real handful in the Championship next season."

Doesn't sound like somone on his way.

Fair enough, but what do you realistically expect him to say just after the match? :hmph:

"Well, so long I'm off to get a better job with a premiership club" :hi:

Ryan_the_eagle
15-05-2005, 07:56 PM
ventola probably wont stay. sorondo will go. johnson will only go if he gets alot more. routledge will be another gray. butterfield or boyce will leave. But i feel we have enough to establish ourselves as a good championship club looking for promotion. If dowie leaves to southampton it will be the first thing clubcall has got right.

Ben H
15-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Ryan_the_eagle
johnson will only go if he gets alot more

A lot more what?:confused:

davematt
15-05-2005, 08:06 PM
I pray to God that Iain stays. Losing him could turn this club into freefall.

Stanley Boy
15-05-2005, 08:09 PM

q.v.
"Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe is rumoured to have been impressed with Dowie's motivational abilities, and his ability to work within a tight budget".

That sounds like there won't be any more money available at Southampton than there is for Dowie at Palace. What would be the point in going there ? Plus it's even further to go to see his family at weekends.

rikp
15-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
As I said on another thread, I think realistically we will keep these from the current squad;

Speroni
Cronin

Boyce
Borrowdale
Hall
Popovic
Powell
Togwell

Leigertwood
Watson
Hughes
Soares
Danze
Berry

Freedman
Shipperley or Torghelle

With Dowie staying (he will) and the right additions, it shouldn't be a bad season. Play-offs feasible imo, and perhaps with a few million in the transfer kitty we could do really well. I'm confident of top 10 at the very least.

Christ, any good news?

Velocity
15-05-2005, 08:10 PM

Just no.

zonin2000
15-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Ben H
A lot more what?:confused:
Beer and women.

brighton_eagle
15-05-2005, 08:16 PM
I actually think, other then Routledge and Sorondo, that we might see all the others next season, one way or another.

AJ - signed a long contract. Don't need to sell him for another season. Hopefully SJ will resist the temptation of cashing in. Also, who will bid enough?

Ventola - Think we might be able to sign him up for another year. His fitness is shot to shit, and Harbin may be the biggest factor in him staying.

Dowie - he's really building something here. If he leaves now, it's half way through the job. I think he'll give us at least another season, he'll want to see how we can build on this season's experience, and he'll be a big reason why many of our better players will want to stick around.

mcduh
15-05-2005, 08:23 PM
ID to Southampton is the silliest thing I have heard today.

917L
15-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle

Speroni
Cronin

Wwe'll be needing a new keeper then! If Gabor goes neither of those are good enough for a promotion chasing side(or any side at all IMO)

eaglejon
15-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by drizzt
compared to harry redknapp........'they'll be up there next season'

Thought redknapp was an absolute disgrace. Never once saying "We" in his interview must have made the Saints fans feel really good. Having said that I dont expect anything else from him or have muc sympathy for the Saints fans !!

Dowie on the other hand is a legend. He knows (as we do) that our club fight together through adversity and enjoy the good times together too. He is already looking towards next year.
I was concerned prior to today that he may leave if we went down, but after his interview am much more confident that he is going to fight the good fight (and all that).

Farawayeagle
16-05-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by GBG_Eagle
If Dowie´s leaves for Southampton then all that he has said and done this season will be for nothing. If he really has the attitude and those principles he says he has then he will stay. If not - then goodbye. I myself will not bother myself with speculations like that.

Why would he want to go to work for a chairman who changes Managers as often as his underwear? Also the Saints team is in disarray. Southampton is even further from his family!!!

saul1664
16-05-2005, 01:40 AM
Think Kiraly will go as international keeper and won't be willing to play in championship.

Boyce, Hall will stay which is a boost

Get rid of waster routledge and the deadwood of lakis kolkka et al

AJ will stay as not good for top premiership clubs

Bye to Doogs unfortunately as on 20K a week, hello to shipps again

Nuts
16-05-2005, 01:52 AM
I don't give to ••••s for Kolkka or Lakis.
Any of Wayne, Sandor, Sorondo and Ventola would be bonuses.
The key is obviously AJ, Gabor and Mr Dowie. We keep those 3 and I think we can bounce.
Hall/Boyce/Leggy/Watto/Tommy will all be better for the full year in the Championship. Thats pretty good young talent there, just need a couple of 1/2 decent wingers.
Sack off Black/Shipps/Popovic/Granville (I'd rather play Borrowdale) at least

Asagaya_Eagle
16-05-2005, 02:40 AM
A lot more what?

Hair?