PDA

View Full Version : Don't blame Leigertwood

Clapham Grand
15-05-2005, 05:44 PM
I was 10 yards from the incident when he gave away the clumsiest and most needless of freekicks, and was extremely pissed off - but let's not single him out for the goal.

We have conceded over 25% of our goals in the last 15 minutes and it was clear we needed a third.

If you start pointing at one particular incident then you can look back to Rommedahl's last minute goal at Selhurst, Baros' last min pen, Higginbotham's injury-time goal etc.

Palace are a team, and have been moulded into a team by Dowie. They will take collective responsibility and push on for next season.

Palace til I die :lux: :sob: :lux:

What?
15-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Agreed, but he does suck.

BW_Palace
15-05-2005, 05:47 PM
I was extremely annoyed that he gave away such a silly freekick. BUT.

Why is it whenever, we take the lead we just sit back? It was obvious we needed another goal yet we just sat deep, and the goal was coming really.

Gerry from Sussex
15-05-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't!

Richwak
Everyone gives away free kicks, leave the lad alone, why do people always slag him off, he will be great next season, and people who always slag him off will have to eat their words! I promise you!

pedro
Agree, it is not Liegertwood's fault for giving away a needless free kick, it is Dowie's fault for picking this uselss sack of s**t in the first place. This is not me slagging off or blaming an individual but me stating that anyone with two eyes in their heads can see how bad this player is and to pick him in front of Riihilahti or any other first team player is absolutely scandalous.

Cheltenhameagle
Lets just hope we have learnt from these mistakes for the big promotion push next season!!!

welshneil
We could blame every player for every goal concede and AJ for every chance he's missed! But we won't because we are PALACE...and they have all given everything this season. Does anyone REALLY think he did it on purpose? NO! Blame Lakis for missing against Arsenal, Granville for making a mistake against Charlton at home....Zzzzzzzzz!!!!!

If you want anybody to blame BLAME THE HEADHUNTERS who have constantly moaned and booed certain players all season!

cpfc_spc1982
15-05-2005, 05:51 PM
hes to blame for giving away the free kick which led to the goal simple as.
apart from that hes crap.

Tele Caster
15-05-2005, 05:53 PM
I blame Dowie for picking him. He's not good enough, how can anybody not see that. he's big, strong as an ox but, sadly, he's as thick as an ox too. His lack of awareness his amazing. He looks like one of theose dopey kids with NHS specs wandering what the hell is going on around him.

welshneil
15-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Tele Caster
I blame Dowie for picking him.

So do you think Dowie is bad at his job?

Ruskin Old Boy
15-05-2005, 05:55 PM
No criticism of anyone today. I've never seen so many Palace players so disappointed at the end of a season.

I hope that they're all the POTY so we can thank them.

pedro
15-05-2005, 05:56 PM
He is a s much to blame as the person who lost Fortune for the goal but he is not to bklame for being on the pitch in the first place, a position he should never have been in.

Hedgehog
15-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
I was 10 yards from the incident when he gave away the clumsiest and most needless of freekicks, and was extremely pissed off - but let's not single him out for the goal.

Palace til I die :lux: :sob: :lux:
Finally someone who was at the game posting on here. Where is everyone?

pedro
15-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by welshneil
No but by his own admission he is not perfect and like everyone else he makes mistakes. Kollka, Lakis, Andrews and Liegertwood are four of them.

Stigma
15-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Nobody special to blame today...team effort...we didn't do our job (Man U and Fulham...well done).
:sob:

GreatGonzo
15-05-2005, 06:00 PM
I think we should rip into Mikele, afterall it is all his fault we didn't win the game today. He gave away a needless and silly free kick which we canceeded from.

In this i refuse to acknowledge the fact we fialed miserable to defend a free kick. I refuse to acknowledge that Mikele was a major driving force in our attack today. I refuse to acknowledge that he hardly put a pass astray today. Or that he was tackling as hard as he could until he was put into a position he has played for about 100 minutes in 2 years!

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA i will not listen to those that defend him!

Ruskin Old Boy
15-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Hedgehog

Easier to get back from Clowntown than SP for some of us.

I'm working my way through a crate of very cold (real) bud which my friendly off-license had ready. I'm also going to smoke a box of cigars. And probably feel very awful for a 9am meeting tomorrow which includes a Gills supporter:hmph:

Tele Caster
15-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by welshneil

No, not at all. But I also don't think he is the all-encompassing football genius portrayed by the instant-fix, sky high hype merchants, who report on our national game.
While I have no doubts he will develop into a very good manager, there have been numerous baffling tactical decisions this year. Decisions I feel have cost us. In the same breath the effort he has got from the players has been magnificent.
But when we have needed some tactical nouse I think it has been missing. Conceding late goals once or twice is unlucky. To constantly do it...
And also , if we had started with two up front either this week or last, I am fairly sure we would not be back in the Championship tonight.

GreatGonzo
15-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Hedgehog

Whilst 3 ssides of the ground emptied PRIOR to a lap of honour by the home team, the PAlace fans were still singing and praising the boys who staye don the pitch for 10 minutes after the final whistle!

Ben H
15-05-2005, 06:03 PM
That's life, we weren't good enough. End of.

Only two of today's team were new signings post last season. Speaks volumes.

All 'what ifs'. What if we'd signed Ashton, what if we'd signed Cahill. We'd be safe. What if AJ had got injured: we'd be down by Xmas...blah, blah, blah.

Never a dull moment supporting Palace. I'm looking forward to next season already.:)

ANDYEAGLE
15-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Richwak
Everyone gives away free kicks, leave the lad alone, why do people always slag him off, he will be great next season, and people who always slag him off will have to eat their words! I promise you!

Both L'Wood and Soares will do well next season but this season came a bit too quick for them. You cant blame either of them, under normal circumstances they would just have small bit parts to play. Our lack of experienced quality in midfied is something we all knew we lacked and it has got us relegated. We nearly got away with what would have been a miraculous season . We have to give the players and Dowie credit as they gave everything it just was not enough.

Stigma
15-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Ben H
That's life, we weren't good enough. End of.

Only two of today's team were new signings post last season. Speaks volumes.

Never a dull moment supporting Palace. I'm looking forward to next season already.:)

I wish I had your personality...this result is going to ruin the next couple of weeks for me..:(
But we didn't do our job as you say, both Fulham and Man U did there's..

Always next season I guess..can't get myself to think about it just now..

75points
15-05-2005, 06:08 PM
personally I was more angry with Pop for not getting off the ground although I think he may have thought Kirally was going to claim . I was also angry at ID for not bringing on Powell when we went 2 one up -felt that we needed him in the air. Pop and Grani were too shakey today . In our hands again but slipped through - oh so close.

Tele Caster
15-05-2005, 06:09 PM
So why did we sell Dery then?

Last year Aki rans his nuts off for 60 mins then Derry did the last 30 in many of the games. Don't remember too many last minute goals last season?

Ben H
15-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Stigma
I wish I had your personality...this result is going to ruin the next couple of weeks for me..:(
But we didn't do our job as you say, both Fulham and Man U did there's..

Always next season I guess..can't get myself to think about it just now..

My fourth relegation now for Palace. I'm used to it. We'll be back, we're a yo-yo team remember:)

ANDYEAGLE
15-05-2005, 06:11 PM

Last year Aki rans his nuts off for 60 mins then Derry did the last 30 in many of the games. Don't remember too many last minute goals last season?

We sold Derry because he was'nt good enough, he could'nt get in our promotion winning team so no way was he premier standard.

welshneil
15-05-2005, 06:12 PM

I have no doubts he will develop into a very good manager

I think you've summed it up and I think if he stays we will develop as a club in general. HATE to quote a cliche but 'Rome wasn't built in a day' and we can take alot of positives from this season. I'm sure Dowie will admit his mistakes, if not to the World then to himself. Who walks into a job and gets it right straight away? Leigertwood has put in some awesome performances this season, AJ has been poor occasionally (but then we called it a 'quiet' game) but we never slated him because he always worked hard as have they all. Dowie is with these guys all the time not for 90 minutes each week like us and I trust him.

Give Dowie, Leigertwood, Watson, Speroni & co. time...if it goes t@ts up long term THEN have a pop, but not yet. No blame, no qualms, no bitching necessary folks we are PALACE, we are down and EVERYBODY has made mistakes...likewise everybody has had their good days, we praised them then so let's get behind them and have faith in the management. We need stability, we need players who want to stay at the club because they have a manager they WANT to play for and that is what we have missed under Smith, Francis etc.

anti-addick
I blame Dowie for picking him. He's not good enough, how can anybody not see that. he's big, strong as an ox but, sadly, he's as thick as an ox too. His lack of awareness his amazing. He looks like one of theose dopey kids with NHS specs wandering what the hell is going on around him.

Agreed. Poor lad is out of his depth

Santos-er

because he is utter shite? :)

CPFC Guy
15-05-2005, 06:13 PM
I have never liked it when liegertwood has been on the pitch but it is not all his fault. We have been crap at scoring from wide set pieces and even worse defending them. This is something we need to sort out. However, I don't think that liegertwood is worthy of a first team place (this is not due to the incident today). Last year I was incredibly unimpressed with his performances and his tendancy to give the ball away. He has improved this season but i fail to see how he was picked in front of riihilahti who is a far more experienced and skilled player.

anti-addick
15-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by pedro
No but by his own admission he is not perfect and like everyone else he makes mistakes. Kollka, Lakis, Andrews and Liegertwood are four of them.

I hope you mean 'not picking Kolka'...... He's our best winger - and don't give me that Routledge shit - Kolka uses the ball much more effectively, defends better, reads the game better and can shoot and cross it. He must get so pissed off when he sees Soares get picked ahead of him

Stigma
15-05-2005, 06:17 PM
My fourth relegation now for Palace. I'm used to it. We'll be back, we're a yo-yo team remember:)

Yeah I kind of know...relegation number 3 for me...

anti-addick
15-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
I think we should rip into Mikele, afterall it is all his fault we didn't win the game today. He gave away a needless and silly free kick which we canceeded from.

In this i refuse to acknowledge the fact we fialed miserable to defend a free kick. I refuse to acknowledge that Mikele was a major driving force in our attack today. I refuse to acknowledge that he hardly put a pass astray today. Or that he was tackling as hard as he could until he was put into a position he has played for about 100 minutes in 2 years!

Well if you rate him as a fotballer then that just about confirms it for me that he's not good enough for the Premier League.

Ridcully
15-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by anti-addick
I hope you mean 'not picking Kolka'...... He's our best winger - and don't give me that Routledge shit - Kolka uses the ball much more effectively, defends better, reads the game better and can shoot and cross it. He must get so pissed off when he sees Soares get picked ahead of him

Can't see Kolka playing for us again.

Think we'll lose Torghelle, Kolka, Routledge, Ventola, Sorondo for definite.

AJ, Granville and Dougie as well probably.

Ridcully
15-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Mikele will still be with us next season and I for one am pleased about that.

Eagle Eye Ollie
15-05-2005, 06:25 PM

HAHA OH DEAR! A bit convoluted do u not feel? The fact you're talking about Derry at this moment in time is just a little bit strange!!

Up the Palace. We'll bounce back, no worries!

mrdance88
15-05-2005, 06:28 PM
we're a yo-yo team remember:)

Hell yeah!! :)

Clapham Grand
15-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Agreed. Poor lad is out of his depth

WTF? Dowie is the best thing that has happened to this club for a long time

Ben H
15-05-2005, 06:35 PM
I think he was referring to Leigertwood:)

Shipp Ahoy!
15-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
Why is it whenever, we take the lead we just sit back? It was obvious we needed another goal yet we just sat deep, and the goal was coming really.

At 2-1 I said to my mate we should press on and go for a third now! He looked at me and looked almost shocked. Clearly thinking we needed to sit tight. I know Palace too well!

Golf Boy
15-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Ridcully

and me. he is the sort of hard running bloke you need in that league where talent isn't the most important thing. I would like to know one thing -- in what area of the game is leighterwood a better player than Aki? any answers?? I can't believe he got in every week.

Sussex Eagle
15-05-2005, 07:37 PM
I was absolutely irate with him at the time, but you can't blame him really. All the other mistake that have cost us points by various players this season are just as important. Will be an important player next season, as I feel Aki is on his way.

Velocity
15-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Well if you rate him as a fotballer then that just about confirms it for me that he's not good enough for the Premier League.

where have you been hiding?

I can't stand Leigertwood, he is not good enough for the Championship either.

Everytime he played last season I was totally scared because I knew he would eventually •••• something up. Well surprise surprise.

Angry Eagle
15-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Everyone gave 100% effort. Thats what matters.
If mistakes were made its annoying, but its done now and we look forward to supporting ALL our players NOW so we can look forward to a positive new (promotion) season.

dave_who_ru
15-05-2005, 07:57 PM
It was my fault because after we went 2-1 up I said to the guy sitting next to me 'we can't defend a lead' and 'don't worry we always concede a goal in the last 15 minutes'.

Sir.S.C Remembered
15-05-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm not blaming any individuals. We win & lose as a TEAM

KungFuCharlie
15-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
I'm not blaming any individuals. We win & lose as a TEAM

Indeed. But the goal seemed to come from the left back position.....

SA Eagle
15-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo

You are Kolinkins and I claim my five pounds

SA Eagle
15-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by KungFuCharlie
Indeed. But the goal seemed to come from the left back position.....

:clown:

Sussex Eagle
15-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Thinking about it, Boyce's injury is what really relegated us. Gonzo, Butts & Mikele all failed to really replace him, and we conceded a lot due to failings on that side in the last few weeks.

limited_edition
15-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Leigertwood wasn't great at right back, but then Butterfield was pretty shocking today, too. Mikele's much better in central midfield. Losing both Boyce and then Sorondo has cost us dear.

macstar
15-05-2005, 08:35 PM

Always gonna be a debate whether Derry could've done a job for us this season.

In my opinion he had a decent touch and pass, but was too slow...ie took 3 seconds to decide wot to do with the ball.

Surely would have done a better job than Leightwood though??????

The Vicar
16-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Most improved player in the squad this year.

maestro
16-05-2005, 12:43 AM
Played ok in midfield, I just dont know what went through his head makign that silyl challenge, if I wasnt a palace fan it would be the funniest challenge ive seen all season! shockingy bad!

orpington pisshead
16-05-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Easier to get back from Clowntown than SP for some of us.

I'm working my way through a crate of very cold (real) bud which my friendly off-license had ready. I'm also going to smoke a box of cigars. And probably feel very awful for a 9am meeting tomorrow which includes a Gills supporter:hmph:
Agreed bout journey much quicker than going to selhurst, back by 5:30:eek: , went to pub and wasted a £40 tab on jd and still gutted but on the bright side my seaon didnt depend on relegating a bigger club than mine:hmph: ••••••s, losing boyce was defining moment in our season. Leigertwood had great game till mistake which cost us dearly but u score as a team n defend as a team he wasn't totally at fault. We are still sth londons finest:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

steve hail
16-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Mikele nearly cost us the play-off final last year with a rash tackle in the penalty area.

He has got to learn to be more careful.

hihi
16-05-2005, 08:10 AM
The fault was the tactical defending. What is the point of having a 2 man wall? It was always going to be a cross that would go over their heads, yet if they had both been defending the posts, it's possible they would have got Fortune's header away.

st albans
16-05-2005, 08:15 AM
different league

Whitney
16-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Leighterwood and Soares are both good, stronger players who will get better with experience.

How people can slag them off I really don't know :bash:

Still it wasn't so long ago that people were slagging Aki off and saying he's not good enough.

I really do wonder what some people do when they go to a football match.

Panther
16-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Thinking about it, Boyce's injury is what really relegated us.

It was a bit more than just that but I agree it had a major effect. We never got the balance right thereafter.

AndyStreet
16-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Thinking about it, Boyce's injury is what really relegated us.

Spot on. :(

Clapham Grand
16-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Very true. Kiraly didb't cover himself in glory for the goal either by coming half out

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
16-05-2005, 10:50 AM
I wasn't going to mention it but seeing as how someone started a special thread...

8 minutes to go and we stay in the Premiership, Leigertwood is between the man with ball, and the goal, why the f**k did he jump on his back? Take half a step back and jocky the man just like any defender does on any other day in any other match.

Whilst no single incident maketh a season - the fact was that the other incidents were gone, done and dusted at that point in time, and we held our own fate in our own hands and he f**ked it up. He f**ked it up.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
16-05-2005, 10:51 AM
8 bloody minutes and he does that.

lightweight
16-05-2005, 10:55 AM
I've been slating Mikele for much of the season.

I don't think he is quite a premiership player - but then I guess we're not quite a premiership club.

He'll do well in the championship I'm sure. I expect he's gutted about what happened - we can rant & rave at him all we like (it was a stupid and unnecessary free kick to give away & smacked of inexperience) but I'm sure he's pretty down about it anyway.

who's to say if he hadn't challenged that charlton might have created something anyway & then we'd all be slating him for doing nothing!!!

Bob the Bishop
16-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Most of us predicted WBA to win. It's no surprise. We knew a draw wouldn't be enough. I thought Fulham would easily beat Norwich, but even I didn't think 6-0 was likely!! Man U put out a decent side that was too strong for the Saints - this was the one I was more worried about, but fair play to red nose. At the end of the day our fate WAS in our own hands, that much was obvious for much of the 2nd half with Fulham tonking Norwich & Man U taking the lead against Soton. Until 8 mins before time we were up ... the equaliser unfortunately was an AWFUL goal defensively to give away, Leigertwood with the challenge, Popovic with the non challenge, mixed with Kiraly doing his "I'm coming for this" "erm no I'm not" thing culminated in what sent us down. Maybe if we really were good enough to stay up we wouldn't concede goals of this type. Still lets look to the positives of how the whole experience will make us stronger for the future.

Tommy Pickle
16-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Is everyone forgetting that:

1. There was still a set piece to defend.
2. Mikele had a good game.
3. Mikele is a good player.

nickholloway1
16-05-2005, 12:29 PM
He is c..p and always has been. Absolutely useless!! I blame him entirely. The guy was going nowhere and facing away from goal. I really cant believe I.D can see anything good in him. And why is it he has to try and be David Beckham when he is on the ball. Fine win it back but then pass to someone 5 yards away, not a 50 yard cross field ball to aj

nickholloway1
16-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Or i should ssay an attempted 50 yard thru ball!!

Tom's Old Man
16-05-2005, 12:31 PM
For all the criticism made for certain decisions, challenges etc, I thought it was one of our best away performances of the season.
I'm no Mikele fan, but he played his part in that performance (it was a ridiculous challenge though).

Tommy Pickle
16-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Velocity

I can't stand Leigertwood, he is not good enough for the Championship either.

Everytime he played last season I was totally scared because I knew he would eventually •••• something up. Well surprise surprise.

It is inevitable that player will make mistakes, they are not robots. IMO If you constantly moan and b!tch about players, there will almost always be an event in any game for you to say: 'I told you so'. A pass gone astray, a mistimed tackle. It really is nothing to be proud of.

steve hail
17-05-2005, 11:50 AM
I think some people are being overly harsh. It is true that Mikele has the odd moment where the blood rushes to his head and he does something very foolish.

But many silly free kicks have been given away.

There have been some appalling defensive lapses.

Mr Speroni cost us the odd point.

Mr Lakis - of whom I am a big fan - missed at point balnk range against Arsenal.

Doogie - of whom many of you are hero worshippers - only really turned it on right at the end of the season.

Even AJ missed the odd chance.

Let's all forgive Mikele. He's got potential, and will (I hope) learn to be more careful.

The Vicar
17-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Ridcully

ditto

Great Lombardi
17-05-2005, 12:00 PM
What he said

st albans
17-05-2005, 12:00 PM
we have some right ••••••s supporting this club sometimes and i hope that they are the premiership glory lot that havent renewed for next season

jazman
17-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Can't single out Mikel for us going down. To be fair we had a number of chances on Saturday to be well in front so is that Mikel's fault as well. I don't recall any falling to him. Palace are a team and go down as a team. We made a good fist of it but fell a little short. To be honest they out performed for a lot of the season in my mind so I am now looking forward to next season.

Steve C
17-05-2005, 12:19 PM
There,s only one person to blame........... wait for it.........Boyce, he should never of broke his leg, silly sod !!!!!:rolleyes:

orpington pisshead
17-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Panther
It was a bit more than just that but I agree it had a major effect. We never got the balance right thereafter.
Not really imo boyce is one of the best right backs in the country for example we lost 4-0 away to everton when at half time most of the travelling support were saying we are very much still in this, two kilbane runs down the left later and we was ••••ed, theres no way boyce would have given that much time on ball or freedom. Saints at home due you honestly think phillips would have had that much space and time if boyce was playing? clowns away goals came from the right. we lost at least 5 points or so during boyces absense.

Stevieboy2
17-05-2005, 05:08 PM
I too was about 10 yards from the 'incident' so must've been somewhere near Hedgehog at The Valley.

You cannot blame one person for us going down. One mistake does not secure relegation. It was a clumsy thing to do, but there were 38 games this season, not one!!

Stevieboy2
17-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I started supporting Palace (again) about 2 years ago. I bought my season ticket when we were struggling at the bottom of the old division one. Let's have some regular supporters and not glory hunters at Selhurst next season. Though I think the glory hunters won't turn out anyway.

Spot all the people at the front of the Holmesdale taking pictures of the players from the other teams. What's all that about?
I'm there shouting support to the players as they finish their warm up. Not taking pictures of the likes of Rooney, Drogba, Lampard, Ljunberg etc.

kolinkins
17-05-2005, 05:17 PM
I would never blame Leggy. Wouldnt blame anyone for the goal (even Poppa and Gabor will be let off under the circumstances).

But fortune does even itself out over time - Leggy got away with it at Cardiff, but got punished this year.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
17-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Depends what way you look at it, there was only one game where we were 8 minutes away from certain safety. But, as I said, I wouldn't have even mentioned it had someone not started a thread ordering us 'not to blame Leigertwood'. The best thing might have been to wait and see if a lot of people did start blaming him?

Ho hum.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
17-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Stevieboy2
I started supporting Palace (again) about 2 years ago. I bought my season ticket when we were struggling at the bottom of the old division one. Let's have some regular supporters and not glory hunters at Selhurst next season. Though I think the glory hunters won't turn out anyway.

Spot all the people at the front of the Holmesdale taking pictures of the players from the other teams. What's all that about?
I'm there shouting support to the players as they finish their warm up. Not taking pictures of the likes of Rooney, Drogba, Lampard, Ljunberg etc. And now anyone who dares to criticise a player is suddenly a 'glory hunter' because they obviously haven't had a season ticket for, woo hoo, a whole 2 years! Gosh how can we ever be an uber-fan like you?

A lot of people like to follow football and we have had a lot of stars on our pitch this year. Now if someone takes a picture of them they are a glory hunter? You'd best just leave it, mate, because you are spouting shit and it isn't helping anyone.

How come you started supporting Palace 'again'? I am starting to think that perhaps you are just some stupid Charlton fan trolling for a reaction.

nomad
17-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by pedro
Agree, it is not Liegertwood's fault for giving away a needless free kick, it is Dowie's fault for picking this uselss sack of s**t in the first place. This is not me slagging off or blaming an individual but me stating that anyone with two eyes in their heads can see how bad this player is and to pick him in front of Riihilahti or any other first team player is absolutely scandalous.

You could argue that the Aussie excuse for a central defender should have got there before Fortune when the free kick was crossed. The guy is a liability and should be sold. Apart from one or two useful performances e.g. against Liverpool, he has cost us quite a few goals e.g. needless handball against Soton etc etc.

gkp
17-05-2005, 06:49 PM
my 1st palace game was dundee utd 1971 in a friendly game...im now 38...so can i say that liegertwood is rubbish...:hi:

gkp
17-05-2005, 06:55 PM
on my days of living...how can anybody say legershit is a good player ?
i bet your the same blokes who said phil barbor pardew hedman were good players...whats wrong with you people ?

Sussex Eagle
17-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
I would never blame Leggy. Wouldnt blame anyone for the goal (even Poppa and Gabor will be let off under the circumstances).

But fortune does even itself out over time - Leggy got away with it at Cardiff, but got punished this year.

'Got away with it'? :eek: Are you sure you're a Palace fan, that was never a penalty!

Pennyfather
22-05-2005, 10:27 AM
No, not at all. But I also don't think he is the all-encompassing football genius portrayed by the instant-fix, sky high hype merchants, who report on our national game.
While I have no doubts he will develop into a very good manager, there have been numerous baffling tactical decisions this year. Decisions I feel have cost us. In the same breath the effort he has got from the players has been magnificent.
But when we have needed some tactical nouse I think it has been missing. Conceding late goals once or twice is unlucky. To constantly do it...
And also , if we had started with two up front either this week or last, I am fairly sure we would not be back in the Championship tonight.

Absolutely spot on fella. Most accurate post in ages.

Pennyfather
22-05-2005, 10:35 AM

Another great point. How can anyone favour Leigertwood over Derry, Watson, Aki, Soares (in central midfield). Just pray that ID learns from his mistakes and doesn't keep repeating them.

Panther
23-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by orpington pisshead
Not really imo boyce is one of the best right backs in the country for example we lost 4-0 away to everton when at half time most of the travelling support were saying we are very much still in this, two kilbane runs down the left later and we was ••••ed, theres no way boyce would have given that much time on ball or freedom. Saints at home due you honestly think phillips would have had that much space and time if boyce was playing? clowns away goals came from the right. we lost at least 5 points or so during boyces absense.

Blimey mate I did agree it had a major effect! Just that there was more to things than that one factor.

Hitler
24-05-2005, 04:44 AM
It's wrong to single out one player or incident for the final position.
I'm all for booing the whole team - a load of rubbish, the lot of them.