PDA

View Full Version : Kiraly at the end of the game..

gjtango
15-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Who saw Gabor giving it to the Charlton fans? Twas hillarious.

Latvian Eagle
15-05-2005, 05:54 PM
What happened?! Do tell. I hope he gave them a good old finger salute or something. Gabor is a top class act both on and off the field. :)

Clapham Grand
15-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Bob Dowie did the same I think

gjtango
15-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Basically as our players were walking off the Charlton 'fans' were booing them (for some unknown reason). Anyway, Gabor kinda held back then kept putting his hands to his ears up and down up and down as if saying, WTF are you on? I was laughing.

Stevecpfc767
15-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Well done gabor! true legend! praying he stays!

Newts
15-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Legend

elliott
15-05-2005, 06:00 PM
fcuking legend.

please please stay

Dillenger
15-05-2005, 06:03 PM
surprised Leroy didnt run onto the pitch and do him

Justin
15-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by elliott
fcuking legend.

please please stay

He was great for AJ's penalty as well. Refused to watch but instead faced the Palace fans whilst it was taken.

Apparently his children are very settled at local schools and his wife has said he can only leave if it is to another London club.

Here's hoping.

anti-addick
15-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Probably be ••••••• Charlton............

gjtango
15-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by anti-addick
Probably be ••••••• Charlton............

No chance, remember they do have Dean Kiely, their best player.

lordanton
15-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Or Arsenal then....

follow cpfc
15-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Legend will always remember him

Shipp Ahoy!
15-05-2005, 06:35 PM
He was lapping all the boo's :D

They were giving it to us and he was acting like it was flowers and a round of applause :p

Ben H
15-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by gjtango
No chance, remember they do have Dean Kiely, their best player.

Great save from Wayne in the first half.

3rd_Lion
15-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Love the Kiraly...Hope he stays he is brilliant!

Couldnt bear speroni between the sticks

Teagle
15-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Getting a strange sense of 'deja vu' here. Saw Gabor playing to the Charlton fans, he really is a class act.

Velocity
15-05-2005, 07:05 PM
looked like he was telling them to sit down. Made me laugh for a few minutes. Legend.

HHHH
15-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Kiraly = legend.

Love the guy.

maestro
15-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Really hope he stays but I dont think he will, we will need a better keeper than speroni

sexyrazor
15-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Some •••••• ripped my Gabor merlin sticker that is stuck to my chair, ••••••s, won't be able to get another one next season.

If anyone has a spare would they mind donating it to me?

;)

Angry Eagle
15-05-2005, 07:11 PM
How much class does Kiraly have. I pray he stays, but if goes, we will get good money and he will always be welcome at SP.

Sussex Eagle
15-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Did lift the mood a bit :)

I suspect that's the last we'll see of him, but he's already a legend for this season :lux:

cpfc4ever
15-05-2005, 07:26 PM
love the bloke great keeper

CPFC Town
15-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by sexyrazor
Some •••••• ripped my Gabor merlin sticker that is stuck to my chair, ••••••s, won't be able to get another one next season.

;)

umm eBay?? I got Danny Granville :)

celery stick
15-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Gabor Gabor Hey
Gabor Gabor Hey

big bad John
15-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Is legend the new in word. seems like next we'll be claiming half the junior team are Palace legends. And am I the only person who thinks Gabor should have went for the cross that led to their equalizer.Everyone is quick to blame Popovic but as an ex goalkeeper we were always told that any cross in the six yard box was ours.We did our best and it wasn't good enough so let's leave the 'he's a legend ' stuff for twenty years down the road.

mcduh
15-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Yeah, he's entertaining, but there were a lot of moments this season, definitely including today's equalizer, where I am just left wondering ... I would rather have a disciplined robot (like Van Der Sar today) than some flamboyant guy in "magic" sweatpants.

mcduh
15-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Which isn't to say I don't love him and hope he stays.

Sussex Eagle
15-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by celery stick
Gabor Gabor Hey
Gabor Gabor Hey

:lux:

KungFuCharlie
15-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Kiraly is a funny one. As a goalkeeper myself, there have been a number of occasions where i have seen clear text book errors. But then, he comes up with a moment of genius and saves the day. I dont think we would have any more points today if we had Nice Vaesen in goal all season.

Ivinho
15-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by big bad John
Is legend the new in word. seems like next we'll be claiming half the junior team are Palace legends. And am I the only person who thinks Gabor should have went for the cross that led to their equalizer.Everyone is quick to blame Popovic but as an ex goalkeeper we were always told that any cross in the six yard box was ours.We did our best and it wasn't good enough so let's leave the 'he's a legend ' stuff for twenty years down the road.

i agree, but Popovic should have jumped instead of ducking.
Besides, was AJ not considered a legend after the missed penalty vs. idunnowhatteam? It cost Palace the relegation as much as Gábor's mistake.

rikp
15-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Do you all know something I don't? Why does everyone presume Gabor is going to leave? Don't get me wrong, I love the fella, but which premiershite team is going to go for him?

big bad John
15-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by rikp
Do you all know something I don't? Why does everyone presume Gabor is going to leave? Don't get me wrong, I love the fella, but which premiershite team is going to go for him?

Exactly my sentiments. Every premier team bar Arsenal and Man Utd have a stable goal custodian. I don't think either of those teams will go for Gabor. Only opening I can see for him is , if Man Utd buy Robinson then there might be an opening for gabor at the Synagogue. Apart from that unless a top German team comes in for him I can see him staying at Selhurst atleast until January.

Velocity
15-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by rikp

Goalkeepers Team Saves Saves/shots
Green Norwich 161 70%
Kiraly C Palace 142 75%
Kiely Charlton 113 69%
Sorensen Aston Villa 110 73%
Taylor Birmingham 108 71%

Probably because he has the best Saves to shots percentage in the premiership?

GloverUK
15-05-2005, 10:56 PM
He was answering the "Who are ya" taunts by pointing to his name on hi shirt.
QUALITY

howard
15-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Velocity
Goalkeepers Team Saves Saves/shots
Green Norwich 161 70%
Kiraly C Palace 142 75%
Kiely Charlton 113 69%
Sorensen Aston Villa 110 73%
Taylor Birmingham 108 71%

Probably because he has the best Saves to shots percentage in the premiership?

If we had a decent defence, he would not have had that many saves to make.:hmph:

spotkick
15-05-2005, 11:01 PM
He's fun and he's staying! I just love it when he does the splits. Ouch!

Kirby
16-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Saw him giving it to the Clowns fans too. ••••••• brilliant! I love him!!! :love: :lux:

RUSSELL
16-05-2005, 09:49 AM

;)

Don't panic, I have another! :D

Smoz
16-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by celery stick
Gabor Gabor Hey
Gabor Gabor Hey

Hmmmm, plagiarist (see my signature)

;)

Maz
16-05-2005, 09:59 AM
If Gabor goes I shall give serious thought to the idea of putting my head in a bucket for 3 weeks.

Norvun Mankey
16-05-2005, 02:38 PM
No disrespect, KFC, but I loved this:

Originally posted by KungFuCharlie
As a goalkeeper myself

paf
16-05-2005, 02:39 PM

;)

I think I have a spare :)

Malakite
16-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Kiraly is a LEGEND we must keep him at all costs

sydney eagle
16-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by GloverUK
He was answering the "Who are ya" taunts by pointing to his name on hi shirt.
QUALITY haha Love it!!

Jules
16-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Can't see him staying. He's a real showman, and won't want to be performing in front of Championship audiences.

And judging by how he came to Palace on the basis of being 2nd choice behind Speroni, he would probably be happy to back himself as 2nd choice at another London club, provided it is in the Premiership - eg Arsenal. Better money too.

bald-eagle
16-05-2005, 03:06 PM
I think he was 1st choice but arrived too late to play and ID didn't want to drop speroni until he made errors.......about 1 hour 40 mins wasn't it?

elliott
16-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Watch Arsenal sign him!

Celestial Empire
16-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by howard
If we had a decent defence, he would not have had that many saves to make.:hmph:

We had a more than decent defence before Boycey was injured and Sorondo sent off.

Miss Dee
16-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Justin
He was great for AJ's penalty as well. Refused to watch but instead faced the Palace fans whilst it was taken.

Just shows how much it meant to him, not that I was doubting it, but I for one was definitely not going to watch that penalty and instead turned around and waited for the reaction of those around me. Nervous doesn't even come close.

dannyturner
16-05-2005, 05:43 PM

As a current goalkeeper this is the biggest load of bollox I have read on here today. Do me a favour!

cleavage
17-05-2005, 10:39 AM
"Az első gólnál kicsit furán ért a labdához a srác, a másodiknál pedig sajnos nem vittem végig a mozgást. Az ilyen beadásokhoz szerencse kell, mert ha korán kiindul az ember, akkor könnyen a rövid sarokba csúsztathatnak a támadók. Hogy mi lesz a következő szezonban? Semmi bajom a klubbal, továbbá Angliában másképp fogják fel a kiesést, mint a legtöbb helyen, lesz új cél, tehát, ha úgy alakul, szívesen maradok. De a mai világban a pénz dominál, a futballista akarata másodlagos"

Ben H
17-05-2005, 12:57 PM

:p

Santos-er
17-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by cleavage
"Az első gólnál kicsit furán ért a labdához a srác, a másodiknál pedig sajnos nem vittem végig a mozgást. Az ilyen beadásokhoz szerencse kell, mert ha korán kiindul az ember, akkor könnyen a rövid sarokba csúsztathatnak a támadók. Hogy mi lesz a következő szezonban? Semmi bajom a klubbal, továbbá Angliában másképp fogják fel a kiesést, mint a legtöbb helyen, lesz új cél, tehát, ha úgy alakul, szívesen maradok. De a mai világban a pénz dominál, a futballista akarata másodlagos"

what he said. whatever the hell it means...

Santos-er
17-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Maz
If Gabor goes I shall give serious thought to the idea of putting my head in a bucket for 3 weeks.

There is an obvious reply to this but i'll save it for another day :D

Trolley
17-05-2005, 01:13 PM
'Kiraly' has performed with great distinction during the season, however I happen to believe that the laddie could have been rather more 'positive' and made attempts to gather the cross that ultimately led to the 'downfall' of our beloved team.

Maz
17-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Santos-er
There is an obvious reply to this but i'll save it for another day :D :)

But let's not joke about the Gabs Going.

Ivinho
17-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Santos-er
what he said. whatever the hell it means...

He said that he would gladly stay, if the club does not want to sell him (bc money talks).

Stevieboy2
17-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Gabor must stay.

Hungary's no.1!!!

cpfcben
17-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Trolley
'Kiraly' has performed with great distinction during the season, however I happen to believe that the laddie could have been rather more 'positive' and made attempts to gather the cross that ultimately led to the 'downfall' of our beloved team. ]

fantastic.......

actually just speechless:rolleyes:

eagle mart
17-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Trolley
'Kiraly' has performed with great distinction during the season, however I happen to believe that the laddie could have been rather more 'positive' and made attempts to gather the cross that ultimately led to the 'downfall' of our beloved team.

bollocks. We were defending on our six yard box - a little too deep.

Typical Palace
17-05-2005, 10:05 PM
What Gabor did at the end was cup both his ears at the Haddocks booing, He then raised his arms up in give me your best shot style.

ID looked very bemused by the booing directed at him. Many Haddocks were directing their booing at AJ. To be fair he had been giving it to them all game and especially at his goal.

All their fans were going on about him being a cheat. At one point, on a yellow, he did a blatant dive. It seemed he did it just to annoy them. I was relieved he wasn't sent off - Torghelle had done the same in the Cup.

KennyB
19-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Jules
Can't see him staying. He's a real showman, and won't want to be performing in front of Championship audiences.

I would think that he would probably enjoy himself more. We should (hopefully!) be banging in the goals the other end and he would be less pressurised overall.

And don't knock the Championship audiences. There's more 'real' fans there than some of the glory seeker in the premier. More appreciative, and more realistic.

big bad John
20-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by dannyturner
As a current goalkeeper this is the biggest load of bollox I have read on here today. Do me a favour!

So you're a current goalie. Good for you. Does that mean that you wear big fancy gloves, can't catch a ball, stay glued to your line, push oncoming shots back into play, instead of around the post and require a voice coach to teach you the art of calling for the ball.
This is not a jibe at Gabor just modern keepers in general.

Bring BACK JOHN JACKSON!!