PDA

View Full Version : Next Year Champions

HHHH
15-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Just look forward to this time next year, no need for play-offs. We will romp the league even if we lose AJ and Wayne (and Dowie). We'll get loads of cash for AJ if he goes. Grabaan will come through next season and Peltonen.

Don't be downhearted today, it's gonna be a great season coming up.

maestro
15-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Highly doubt it, never works liek that, we'll probably finish top half

Santos-er
15-05-2005, 06:55 PM
I don't doubt it at all. I have the same feeling about this as after '93. Even with Alan Smith as manager we got promoted then :D

Eaglesmad123
15-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah i dont think we will walk it. Lots of good teams next year in the championship.

Brett
15-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Er... if AJ goes, who will score the goals by the bucketload and single handedly win us games that we really should have lost?

AJ's special. People like him don't grow on trees.

maestro
15-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Its a bit starnge now.

I hate West ham and dont want them to get promoted, but then again I think they are a stronger team then Ipswich so it might be in out best interests if they do go up

HHHH
15-05-2005, 07:00 PM
We'll buy a striker like Adam Boyd or Leroy Lita.

Santos-er
15-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by maestro
Its a bit starnge now.

I hate West ham and dont want them to get promoted, but then again I think they are a stronger team then Ipswich so it might be in out best interests if they do go up

No chance. They're skint. West Ham will be lucky to avoid administration if they don't go up.

maestro
15-05-2005, 07:02 PM
but is that just a rumour? people having been saying that for 2 years

EagleinOz
15-05-2005, 07:05 PM
I think Norwich are gonna win it next year. We might make play-offs

ANDYEAGLE
15-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by maestro
Its a bit starnge now.

To make it worse I think Preston will go up leaving both Ipswich and West Ham. It will be tough to get anything better than a playoff place, as Brett says how do you replace someone like AJ?
Still playoffs will do for me and of course we are the masters of them.

atw
15-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Lets not have the arrogance of West Ham fans and wind everyone up in the Championship like they did!!!

Angry Eagle
15-05-2005, 07:07 PM
If Dowie stays, we go up next year. SIMPLE AS.
I cannot wait till August. For those who doubt, just reflect on Norwich's and Southampton's position and see how placed we would be for bouncebackability.

Brett
15-05-2005, 07:08 PM
It don't always happen like lots on here think.

Sussex Eagle
15-05-2005, 07:13 PM
We'll do OK.After the worst of the depression cleared, I feel quite positive. From the current squad, I think we'll keep;

Speroni
Cronin

Boyce
Borrowdale
Hall
Popovic
Powell
Togwell

Leigertwood
Watson
Hughes
Soares
Danze
Berry

Freedman
Shipperley or Torghelle

With the right 2, 3 or 4 additions plus some more kids, and Dowie staying, I think challenging for promotion is realistic. Don't know about champions though, there are some decent teams in that division.

Velocity
15-05-2005, 07:14 PM
I really don't think we will have a chance of bouncing back up next season. We will lose too many key players to have an effective squad next season. I don't mind being proved wrong though.

PalaceFan in Alabama
15-05-2005, 07:14 PM
If the team as well as the coaching staff do not learn from this years experience, we will be lucky to be in the top 6. Remember this will be a hard division to get out of.
I just hope us supporters do not go around giving it large as we could become another Wet Spam. :eek:

We will have to wait and see who goes and who stays. No point in building a team for the Champions League, we need to build for the Prem. :p

Let us learn from our mistakes not only on the field, team selections and what level of players were brought in. Boyce was maybe the only lower league player we got that did himself proud.

Brett
15-05-2005, 07:15 PM
That's not good enough for the top six, Sussex. We'll need 6 or 7 additions at this rate.

Webb
15-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Angry Eagle
If Dowie stays, we go up next year. SIMPLE AS.
I cannot wait till August. For those who doubt, just reflect on Norwich's and Southampton's position and see how placed we would be for bouncebackability.

If only life was really that simple. As I've mentioned on another thread; West Ham, Leeds, Wolves, Sheff Weds, Bradford and countless other relegated teams have thought they could easily bounce straight back up - and look where some of them are now.

Sussex Eagle
15-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Brett
That's not good enough for the top six, Sussex. We'll need 6 or 7 additions at this rate.

You may be right, I'm just rather pleased with the 'spine' of Hall, Popa, Hughes, Soares & Dougie. However that is really not much better than spine of the Francis team in truth. Mid-table with almost any other manager, challenging for playoffs with Dowie. Believe.

follow cpfc
15-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Chill out everyone you are all thinking the worse i think we will go up and we will keep AJ and Dowie howes that for positive thinking

richdeniro
15-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Loose AJ and I think we have to realistically aim for the play offs.

AJ will be the best player in the division next season if we hold onto him and if he stays then we can finish in the top 2 but if he goes then it will be very tough to score the amount of goals needed for automatic promotion.

Norwich are probably the best positioned team to deal with relegation as many of their players will stay and Ashton is very capable of scoring the goals needed to get them straight back up.

richdeniro
15-05-2005, 07:51 PM
What sven says to AJ this summer is going to be crucial. I have a horrible feeling that he will tell him that he wont even consider him if he is playing in the championship and its going to be a very hard decision for AJ as to what he will decide to do.

cpfc4ever
15-05-2005, 07:52 PM
well come top 6

KungFuCharlie
15-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Keep Dowie: Top 2
Lose Dowie: Top Half (maybe)

Simple

NorwoodPride
15-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by richdeniro
What sven says to AJ this summer is going to be crucial. I have a horrible feeling that he will tell him that he wont even consider him if he is playing in the championship and its going to be a very hard decision for AJ as to what he will decide to do.

You're right, of course, but I find this absolutely pathetic. The fact that a player isn't performing in the Premiership week in week out shouldn't have anything to do with it. If someone is English and one of the best individuals in a specific role then they should play for their country. It's as simple as that.