16-05-2005, 12:11 AM
I quite like Coke.

:rolleyes:

CPFC Town
16-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Dr Pepper Championship ... hmmmm

Brett
16-05-2005, 12:13 AM
And to think that I threw away that £250,000 transfer kitty winning ring pull because it didn't apply to us...

arussell
16-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Palace in the fizzy drinks league !

And we can drink coke and win players for the club too.

limited_edition
16-05-2005, 12:17 AM
I like dodgy 3-week old pies.

arussell
16-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Never mind relegation, you can get those anytime at Palace !

stupalace
16-05-2005, 09:18 AM
http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10794,00.html

lightweight
16-05-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't like coca cola particularly anymore - went to one of the catering outlets pre-match at charlton & they didn't have anywater - only coke... think it was an omen!!!!

davematt
16-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by stupalace
http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10794,00.html

I feel awful again after seeing that :sob: :sob:

ponypunter
16-05-2005, 09:24 AM
we might get to be in that 'your the real fans' advert though! Look on the bright side chaps! :(

David of Kent
16-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Does this mean we can buy players outside the transfer window again? That would mean our transfer forum wouldn't be redundant for all except four months of the year!!!

Shipp Ahoy!
16-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Yep that is right :p

jellybean
16-05-2005, 09:41 AM
I don't mind coke cola, but prefer a nice cuppa, How about the PG tips league?

;)

stupalace
16-05-2005, 09:42 AM
no its not , the transfer window affects all the leagues now

eagles #1
16-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Mmm Panda Pop.

Shipp Ahoy!
16-05-2005, 09:56 AM
no its not , the transfer window affects all the leagues now

Since when??? :confused:

David of Kent
16-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Yes he's right, just copied and pasted below. So we will have a transfer window in exactly the same way in the Championship next season then!!

FL Accept Transfer Window
31 January 2005
The transfer window closes for Premiership clubs today. The anticipated frantic activity will be even more chaotic in a year’s time as the Football League have accepted defeat in their efforts to stop FIFA enforcing their transfer window restrictions.

They will now join Premiership clubs in operating under the constraints from this summer onwards.

The Football League wrote to all 72 member clubs last week to confirm that as of next season, transfer windows will apply in this country beyond the Premier League.

The news means that clubs in the Coca-Cola Championship, plus Leagues One and Two, will not be able to transfer players in and out at any time of the year, other than during the close season or the month of January.

In the letter, Football League chairman Sir Brian Mawhinney expressed his regret that his organisation had been unable to secure any further concessions from FIFA to allow lower division teams the ability to continue to trade outside of the windows.

Sir Brian also confirmed that the world governing body's executive committee had now ratified and approved the revised rules governing the "status and transfer of players", with the intention that these rules apply "universally" and with "no exceptions" from the 2005-06 season.

The League’s board of directors will now form a working party to consider the full extent of the implications for clubs in its three divisions.

Director of operations Andy Williamson told the Press Association: "There's not going to be any further extended period of flexibility.

"This is the third season where the Premier League have applied transfer windows, where we've had an exemption. That will not apply any more."

Reacting to the news, director of League Two club Bristol Rovers Kevin Spencer said: "This is bad news for clubs in the lower divisions."

He told the club’s official web site: "All clubs will have to operate with smaller squads, and it will place an even greater emphasis on youth systems, with younger players inevitably having to be called upon earlier than might otherwise be best for them should injuries or suspensions dictate.

"Having to trade only in transfer windows will have a massively negative impact on cashflow for clubs like Bristol Rovers, and the kind of steps that clubs like ourselves took last season by signing so many players on the old transfer deadline day in order to avoid relegation will no longer be possible."

Of course, the traditional transfer deadline day of the fourth Thursday in March (24 March 2005) will apply for the last time this season.

stupalace
16-05-2005, 10:14 AM
This should work to our advantage no speculation on our players leaving every other sunday once the window is closed

David of Kent
16-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Also if we can somehow keep hold of that squad(!!) others in the division won't have nearly so decent a squad as ours when injuries kick in. See we're all being positive already!!

stupalace
16-05-2005, 10:24 AM
not being funny but we should walk the championship . ( you can all blame me when it goes wrong )

AndyStreet
16-05-2005, 10:27 AM
not being funny but we should walk the championship . ( you can all blame me when it goes wrong )

"not being funny but we should walk the championship" Leicester fan 2004
"not being funny but we should walk the championship" Wolves fan 2004
"not being funny but we should walk the championship" Sunderland fan 2003
"not being funny but we should walk the championship" West Ham fan 2003

etc etc

:(

stupalace
16-05-2005, 10:29 AM
The championship didnt start until 2004 ( now i am being funny )

David of Kent
16-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Those clubs mentioned above (except for Wolves) all lost shedloads of players because of their finances being cut to premier standards. So much depends on how SJ has cut our cloth and retaining the squad we have. If we do (and keep Dowie), I can't see us finishing outside the automatic two spots. If we don't then we could be in a for a nasty season!!

What DID happen to Wolves though. They really messed up this season.

AndyStreet
16-05-2005, 10:35 AM
The championship didnt start until 2004 ( now i am being funny )

Oooooh touche. :D

Point still stands though.

AJ
16-05-2005, 10:51 AM
I just got laid off from my job. I worked for a US bank called SunTrust, they own something like 40m shares of Coca Cola and are the largest individual share holders of Coca Cola. Therefore, I have no time for Coca Cola anymore.....

sargi1
16-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Palace Vs brighton

Yay Come on brighton

David of Kent
16-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Why are Brighton fans so damn keen to play us? Haven't they learnt their lessons!!!

sargi1
16-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Cus last time u caught us in a bad patch 12 game losing streak and we had Steve "cant manage crap" coppell

BRING IT ON PALACE SCUM

••••ers

AndyStreet
16-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Yawn. Gonna try to improve upon your best finish in 20 years of 20th in the Championship are you Seaweed?