PDA

View Full Version : Dowie MUST stay!! ... MUST!!

martin.cpfc
16-05-2005, 07:37 AM
Dowie staying is key to our short term future.

If he stays.....

AJ will stay
Kiraly will stay
Fizt Hall will stay
Aki will stay
Harbin will stay
Bob Dowie will stay
Kit Symons will stay

We will start the next seasonwith a positive attitude.

Relegation will be considered "1 step back, 2 steps forwards" in the long-term.

If Dowie goes.....

All the above will leave.

We will find it hard to lift the players spirits.
We will struggle with numerous managers over the next 2 seasons.

Relegation will be considered a giant leap backwards.

DOWIE PLEASE STAY!!! :love: :lux:

Flappy Chicken
16-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by martin.cpfc
Dowie staying is key to our short term future.

If he stays.....

AJ will stay - WILL GO

:(

martin.cpfc
16-05-2005, 07:52 AM
He may stay until the January transfer window.
If at this stage we are in the top 2, he might stay on.
(stanger things have happened) :p

Gerry from Sussex
16-05-2005, 08:21 AM
I'm pretty sure Dowie wants to stay and finish what he has started. But there are two potential problems. One is the ongoing rumblings between him and SJ over finance (especially for infrastructure which Dowie quite rightly feels isn't something you can skimp on even if you have to cut back on spending in the transfer market). The second - and I suspect the most impirtant - is his family situation. We all love Dowie and pray that he stays. But if you stop to think about what his life is like it can't be easy being away from your family so much of the time. Okay, he didn't have to take the job but he did so mist have seen something here that he wanted pretty badly. I'm sure he weighed the benefits against the disadvantages and felt it was worth it. But, iff things don't go well at the club it's inevitable that he might have second thoughts. He is only human and, much as we would love to chain him to the railings at SP, we don't own him or his family. I can't believe he ever considered living away from his family was a permanent option so one day he will go back up North and what I hope will continue to be a fantastic chapter in the club's history will come to an end.

Maz
16-05-2005, 08:25 AM
I think the worse thing about going down is probably the knowledge that there will be six months' worth of incoming threads about Dowie/AJ rumours.

Maybe it's worth setting up a separate forum for them?

YASSA the PALACETINIAN
16-05-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Maz
I think the worse thing about going down is probably the knowledge that there will be six months' worth of incoming threads about Dowie/AJ rumours.

Maybe it's worth setting up a separate forum for them?

Along with the "How many times have you picked your nose today?" garbage threads.

swirly007
16-05-2005, 08:42 AM
But it's bound to be a concern though...I truly believe if AJ and Dowie stay we should definitely be in the running to go straight back up...but without them, I fear a bleak season...

martin.cpfc
17-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by swirly007
But it's bound to be a concern though...I truly believe if AJ and Dowie stay we should definitely be in the running to go straight back up...but without them, I fear a bleak season...

Without AJ, I think we will still score the goals to go up.
Without Dowie, we'll struggle.

MasterYoda
17-05-2005, 08:23 AM
However can't see Kit going - think when Dowie leaves Kit will take over.

jonnyp1993
17-05-2005, 09:32 AM
you need to keep dowie. he is a good young manager and with him you have a good chance of staying up.