PDA

View Full Version : AJ Loves Dowie, Dowie Loves AJ!

mydesign11
16-05-2005, 07:56 AM
I reckon AJ Loves Dowie and Dowie Loves AJ! After hearing Dowies post match comments, he aint going anywhere and due to this fact AJ won't go either. He has utmost respect for Dowie and that is returned to AJ. Going on from that the only players that I reckon may move are Routeledge, Ventola and Sorondo, even them I have my doubts. With the squad we have we really should rip the Championship League apart.We shouldn't have come up last year, we simply weren't ready,the experience of holding on to leads etc just wasn't in our resume now we have the experience of what that costs and SJ and ID will wanna get back immediately in the top flight and I for one am looking forward to next season. We would have had to buy really large to even compete to get into the top half of the premiership and even then we have had talk of players leaving! Our players of great potential I.E Watson, Soares etc have gained valuble experience and our experienced players will wanna be straight back in the top flight. I know we are all gutted but we have all summer to lick our wounds, we've got a cool game against Inter tolook forward to. AJ in the England Squad and loads of arse kicking next year. Things have been one hell of a whole lot worse!!!

Jim Cannon
16-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Ventola & Sorondo are certs to leave. Sorondo indicated he could sign permanently but that was based on us staying up, but wages could still have scuppered the move anyway. We only took over Ventola's contract until the end of the season and we can't afford his wages now. IMHO he is a major liability with injuries, and has been throughout his career by all accounts. As for AJ that is a different matter - I think he loves ID but what would you do if you were trying to establish yourself in the England squad and then find yourself in the Championship? There will be plenty of interest for him so let's just keep fingers and toes crossed we can keep him here until the window closes. If that happens, and come January we are in the hunt for promotion we may somehow hang on to him but don't hold your breath. Please, pretty please AJ, stay on, you could terrorise those muppet defences next season!!!

Gerry from Sussex
16-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Probably the best we can hope for is that Sven tells him he will still be in contention for the worrld cup as long as he gets some premiership footballl in before then. That way, an gentlemans agreement could be made that we will let him go in January if someone comes in for him and we can get half a season of him scoring at will against most of the fizzy pop defences. At least that would give us a very solid platform to push for promotion in the second half of the season.

Marc
16-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Like I said somewhere else with the options Sven has AJ will be lucky to make the subs bench no matter what division he's in. Especially with patronising comments from the smug git like 'I think AJ was just happy to play'. His England career is a couple of years away yet and there's no reason Sven can't put a player from the championship on the subs bench, surely.

Marc
16-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Gerry from Sussex
Probably the best we can hope for is that Sven tells him he will still be in contention for the worrld cup as long as he gets some premiership footballl in before then. That way, an gentlemans agreement could be made that we will let him go in January if someone comes in for him and we can get half a season of him scoring at will against most of the fizzy pop defences. At least that would give us a very solid platform to push for promotion in the second half of the season.

I'd rather keep AJ and build around him than get promoted.

Gerry from Sussex
16-05-2005, 08:42 AM
So would I but, what would be building around him for if it wasn't to get promoted (or have I missed your point?)

mydesign11
16-05-2005, 08:46 AM
I think the England set up will get to view AJ's great attitude, work rate and cool finishing plus he will get on with the other players. But my main thought is that AJ stays and continues to grow under Dowie........I pray!!

Lac Desariel
16-05-2005, 08:54 AM
to be fair AJ could teach a lot of players a few things, like loyalty over cash.

if AJ stays it dont change who he is or what hge can do but it shows hes more a man than just a player

Gerry from Sussex
16-05-2005, 08:56 AM
If AJ does stay the lift it will give the club will huge.

Gary O
16-05-2005, 08:56 AM
I think we'll keep the lot and win the Championship with a record amount of points !!! Norwich will finish 2nd !!! Championship is shite, West Ham and Preston making the play offs says it all !!!

mydesign11
16-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Keep the good stuff coming its cheering me up!