PDA

View Full Version : I'm pleased West Ham went up...

glaziers fan
30-05-2005, 09:10 PM
:D

pedro
30-05-2005, 09:15 PM
There was me slagging off Liegertwood and Preston have reached the play offs with a centre back called Claude Davis, quite easily one of the worse players I have ever seen, he was that bad he made Liegertwood look like Rio Ferdinand.

boxing francis
30-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Prestons defence was actually quite shocking, just goes to show the level of football we will be seeing next year, and stop knocking Leigertwood

glaziers fan
30-05-2005, 09:28 PM
:D

Granada allover
30-05-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm pleased the Hamsters are up. I can't seem Preston maintaining their end-of season form all next year without serious investment - and they don't have the money they need.

30-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
Ok, they're not the greatest side, and Alan Pardew is a tosser

:p

eagles #1
30-05-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm gutted West Ham went up. They would have been ••••ed financially and we could have poached their best players, now it could be the other way round...not to mention the manager...

hughff
30-05-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm also happy. i'd rather face preston than West ham next season. I'm especially pleased for Hayden, whose punishment for leaving Selhurst was to endure another season in the ccc.

La Bombonera
30-05-2005, 09:40 PM
and Alan Pardew is a tosser

Yep! :p

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
30-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Sorry to be a pain but this has nothing to do with General Palace Discussion and should be in World Of Football.

Me? I couldn't give a shit who won really.

pedro
30-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Ok, they're not the greatest side, and Alan Pardew is a tosser
I am meeting up with him next week and will send him your best wishes. :D

Jay_eagle
30-05-2005, 10:01 PM
I would rather of had preston go up as I can't stand westham, tossers but preston where shocking, carlo nash made a couple of good saves, but he was no vaesen

EMLEY EAGLE
30-05-2005, 10:06 PM
West Ham straight back down next season,Preston mid table

imashed
30-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by La Bombonera
Yep! :p
why is he a tosser without him we would'nt have them dreams of glory way back when he scored the winner against liverpool,nothing has matched that day up at villa park

timmy heald
30-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by imashed
why is he a tosser without him we would'nt have them dreams of glory way back when he scored the winner against liverpool,nothing has matched that day up at villa park

I was wondering the same. Never had anything against Pardew at all...has he ever slagged off Palace? Why do people not like him?

robmcmenamin
30-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Dont know why but west ham winning today has made our relegation really made our relegation sink in. I'm quite upset now, feel gutted.

robmcmenamin
30-05-2005, 10:19 PM
bit of an error there!!

EMLEY EAGLE
30-05-2005, 10:22 PM
No-one noticed!

Palace Bear
30-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Ok, they're not the greatest side, and Alan Pardew is a tosser but they do have some quality players like Etherington. Preston on the other hand.... they are so piss-poor it made me laugh. If this is the best that the CCC can throw at us, BRING IT ON!! I can't wait for the new season to start. Let's go:p

on what grounds is Alan aprdew a tosser?

As far as i can tell, he's the man who scored the most famous goal in our clubs history and his team last season not only helped us into the play-offs but did us a little favour in the final as well.

I cannot believe the contempt for a Palace ledgend

bosko
30-05-2005, 10:27 PM
i'm not happy about west ham going up especially the way they treated some of our fans in cardiff.All the the hammers fans i know did not even say well done to us when we beat them last year, they kept on going on about how we cheated them from going up cos they did not get there penalty.All i want to say is sc*w west ham and the same goes to the pikey scumy fans. I would rather millwall than west ham and i really mean that.

bosko
30-05-2005, 10:29 PM
sorry it was suppose to be screw west ham.

PalaceSi
30-05-2005, 10:36 PM
How can people be so disrespectful towards super Al?
I think a few on here need to study their Palace History.

crystaljim
30-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Like a few of you, i am curious to hear why so many people have it in for pardew, are you Reading in disguise? He dumped them for west ham, did a Bruce. However his goal should be enough to grant him diplomatic immunity.
Apart from that i agree completely with bosko about West ham.

hulkster
30-05-2005, 10:58 PM
What happens when they try and sign our best players. Will you all be pleased then !?!

Pub Idol
30-05-2005, 10:59 PM
I will be gratefull to Alan Pardew till the the day I die.

The fact that someone on these boards call him a tosser disgusts me.

Seagullette
30-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Preston froze today. I have seen them play a lot better than that.

We beat both West Ham and Preston this last season and it was harder to beat Preston than West Ham.

Detroit
31-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by hulkster
What happens when they try and sign our best players. Will you all be pleased then !?!

yes they will get relegated wont they...hahehahehehehaha!

nottsunieagle
31-05-2005, 01:21 AM
don't rule out pardew getting sacked anyway and a certain ID taking the reins. this thought really does worry me.

Whitney
31-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Pardew has adopted the West Ham arrogance eg his t-shirt last year with "The original academy".

Yes he scored an important goal for us - but he is still a tosser.

Ian Wright was a Palace legend but he still scored a goal to send us down.

Swings and roundabouts.

Was watching the play-off in Hereford of all places. About 10 West Sham shirts in there. Didn't hear a word out of them until the final whistle. I know everyone watches games in their own way - but FFS they had just won promotion to the Premier league and it was a case of a small "Yes!" and then going home!

Gooders
31-05-2005, 09:44 AM
After Wet Sham slagged us for sneaking into the play-offs and going up despite finishing 6th, it was bound to happen to them this season.

Of course, they are "back where they belong" rather than flukey recipients of promotion. :rolleyes:

Pardew is disliked because he has definitely developed an arrogant streak since he's been there, without having done anything at all to merit one.

He won't last until Christmas.

Balti Man
31-05-2005, 09:46 AM
I agree he'll be gone by Guy Fawkes night...

Seagullette
31-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Gooders
After Wet Sham slagged us for sneaking into the play-offs and going up despite finishing 6th, it was bound to happen to them this season.

Of course, they are "back where they belong" rather than flukey recipients of promotion. :rolleyes:

Pardew is disliked because he has definitely developed an arrogant streak since he's been there, without having done anything at all to merit one.

He was arrogant when managing Reading. They were convinced they were going to win the Div 2 Championship in 2002 and we took the title in the last two games.

Sussex Eagle
31-05-2005, 09:52 AM
I was vaguely disappointed by it, but I'd rather not have to put up with the Sham's arrogance next season. Pardew is both a bit of a ponce & a palace hero. The two things probably aren't mutually exclusive.

CPFC Guy
31-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Had the hammers not been promoted then Pardew would've been sacked, would this vacancy have been tempting for Dowie?

David of Kent
31-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
I'd rather not have to put up with the Sham's arrogance next season.

I suspect that by August they will be anything but arrogant

:p

greybot
31-05-2005, 09:59 AM
After seeing the standard of football on offer yesterday, we really should be champions by this time next season (providing we can hold onto the current squad). Really not that many contenders for the title other than us Southampton and Norwich.

Batsta
31-05-2005, 10:19 AM
I thought Westham got lucky yesterday. If preston we better In the final 3rd they would of won easily. Pardew hasn't got the tactical awareness for the Premiership.

Mad Max
31-05-2005, 05:40 PM
F**k em the poxy east end inbreds I hope they are s**t all season and come down with the lowest points total ever.With the bleeding clowns as well."where we belong" I`m going to the toilet now to urinate all over the pictures on the back of the paper.:veryangry :veryangry

Ardent Eagle Forever
31-05-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm gutted Wet Sham went up, it's good to see the so called 'elite of football' in the gutter

Jay_Palace
31-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Palace Bear
on what grounds is Alan aprdew a tosser?

As far as i can tell, he's the man who scored the most famous goal in our clubs history and his team last season not only helped us into the play-offs but did us a little favour in the final as well.

I cannot believe the contempt for a Palace ledgend

Pards is no Palace legend, that's for sure. One goal (for which we will all be eternally greatful for) doesn't disguise that he was a poor player for us.

He's a nice enough bloke though, don't know why he is so hated on here. Reading fans have a reason to hate him, we certainly don't.

celery stick
31-05-2005, 08:00 PM
I cant understand all this hatred towards the Hammers.
Its not like they stopped us being promoted, its not like they relegated us.
I always like to see London teams doing well, and Alan Pardews goal at Villa Park in 1990 will keep me in smiles till I die.

boxing francis
31-05-2005, 10:10 PM
It gets better, not only is Pardew staying on but Thomas Repka now wants to stay another season :D

Stevecpfc767
31-05-2005, 10:14 PM
I must say i was cheering very loudly for Preston yesterday!! :sob:

Detroit
01-06-2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by celery stick
I cant understand all this hatred towards the Hammers.
Its not like they stopped us being promoted, its not like they relegated us.
I always like to see London teams doing well, and Alan Pardews goal at Villa Park in 1990 will keep me in smiles till I die.

I think its West Hams fans I find them as moronic as say Millwall........but most London clubs have moronic fans including some Palace fans.

Mad Max
01-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Detroit
I think its West Hams fans I find them as moronic as say Millwall........but most London clubs have moronic fans including some Palace fans.

I just despise the "where we belong" attitude and "the accademy"and the "we were the backbone of the 66 world cup winning side" I would personally pay for a civic party if Upton Park burnt down.

Webb
01-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Whitney
Was watching the play-off in Hereford of all places. About 10 West Sham shirts in there. Didn't hear a word out of them until the final whistle. I know everyone watches games in their own way - but FFS they had just won promotion to the Premier league and it was a case of a small "Yes!" and then going home!

Funny, I had the same in Bristol. 3 guys in West Ham shirts in a pub in Clifton. No more than a half-hour journey to Cardiff.....:rolleyes: