PDA

View Full Version : Youngsters

Beck The Eagle
04-06-2005, 10:42 AM
I feel for those youngsters at the palace,after we went down they must have all expected to have a good crack at getting in the team this year,and suddenly we're buying like we're the Chelsea of div.1

On the other hand,Dowie's never been afraid to play youngsters,and mayeb the competition will purely serperate the real talent from the not too special.

Your views,will this help our youngsters or harm them?

Chris Finch
04-06-2005, 10:47 AM
for palace it seems we are the "Chelsea of Div 1" as we usually can't be arsed to go shopping until we have to, at which time the bread has gone slightly mouldy and we end up buying the cakes which have reduced stickers on them.

Santos-er
04-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Chris Finch
for palace it seems we are the "Chelsea of Div 1" as we usually can't be arsed to go shopping until we have to, at which time the bread has gone slightly mouldy and we end up buying the cakes which have reduced stickers on them.

:D :p

David of Kent
04-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Watson, Soares and Borrowdale have all got a pretty good crack of being first teamers this season and Wayne would have been in too had he not decided he wants to go. To have four players from your academy, three of which aren't even 20 yet, in and around the first team is more than many other clubs have.

ID thought Soares was good enough to replace an established international with Champions League experience last season so, when he thinks they're ready he's not going to hold them back.

This is an extremely important season for the club though so, whilst I feel for them if their opportunities are not so frequent promotion for me is a bigger priority than bringing in the kids to give them experience so that they then tell us they need away for Prem football as soon as they don't get promoted (generalisation I know!!)

Beanie
04-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Palace have a remarkably high rate of youngsters from the Academy. On top of Watson, Soares and Borrowdale there are the likes of Berry, Hall, Wilson and Grabban who are putting in solid reserve showings. If another two of those really emerge we'll be doing very well indeed. No club without a major wedge can ignore its Academy, but equally no team with serious ambitions can rely on it totally.

oz_da II
04-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Beck The Eagle
I feel for those youngsters at the palace,after we went down they must have all expected to have a good crack at getting in the team this year,and suddenly we're buying like we're the Chelsea of div.1

Christ on a bike.

Palace can't win with some people. Not sign players people moan, now we're signing players and people are still having a whinge.

If there is a better player than what we've got and at a good price then sign him up. Bad luck if the youngsters suffer. If they are good enough they will play, if not they can bugger off to Aldershot, Wycombe, Millwall etc.

Beck The Eagle
04-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by oz_da II
Christ on a bike.

Palace can't win with some people. Not sign players people moan, now we're signing players and people are still having a whinge.

If there is a better player than what we've got and at a good price then sign him up. Bad luck if the youngsters suffer. If they are good enough they will play, if not they can bugger off to Aldershot, Wycombe, Millwall etc.

Fine.Thats the question I asked,is it stutning their chnace or introudicing competition for them?

I'm not critical of our spending,far from it I just wonder whether this will have an adverse effect on our younger players developement and confidence.

"On the other hand,Dowie's never been afraid to play youngsters,and maybe the competition will purely serperate the real talent from the not too special."

palace04
04-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Like the sound of Palace being the Chelsea of Division 1....

04-06-2005, 03:07 PM
tom soares is the new vieira and is going to become a very good player i hope we can hold on to him for as long as possible

Diamondeagle
04-06-2005, 03:09 PM
I think the key to contuning the development of this exciting crop of youngster will be sending them on loan to Div 1 and Div 2 teams. I would like to see the likes of Berry, Hall, Wilson, Danzem Pentolen and Grabban playing regular competitive football instead of reserve games.

Absolution
04-06-2005, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't call us the 'Chelsea' of the league we only signed 3 players and signed them early only so they can settle in fully for August.

So we have got Borrowdale, Soares and Watson already Championship ready and the likes of Berry, Hall and Grabban ready to step up... Reckon Berry will be the hit of the season I predicted Soares would break the side in the season gone by and that stemed from the League Cup so expect Berry, Grabban etc to be fired up for that Competition as its their avenue into the side...