View Full Version : Spuds v Chelski

Addickted
04-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Illegal approach by Chelski for Arnesen :eek:

Looks like those points will be docked BEFORE the seasons even started :D

Teagle
04-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh dear, from skysports.com,

Tottenham Hotspur have suspended sporting director Frank Arnesen after alleging that he has been the subject of an illegal approach from Chelsea.

The Dutch supremo was installed in the summer to facilitate a new management structure at White Hart Lane but, according to a statement on the club's official website, Arnesen has now signalled his intention to depart the London outfit.

"Chelsea Football Club has made an approach to Sporting Director, Frank Arnesen, in direct breach of FAPL rules," said a statement on the club's official website.

"This approach was made both prior to requesting permission and without permission from the Club.

"Tottenham Hotspur Football Club refused permission for any discussions to take place.

" "Notwithstanding that he is subject to contract and holds wide-ranging responsibilities and commitments to all parties at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, Frank has indicated that he wishes to move to Chelsea Football Club.

"Accordingly, the Board of Tottenham Hotspur plc has suspended Frank Arnesen with immediate effect.

"The Club is currently in discussions with its legal advisors and a further announcement will be made in due course."

Stevecpfc767
04-06-2005, 03:07 PM
:eek: :eek: WAAHHYY!! :lux:

chav_hater
04-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Chelsea need to be sorted out pronto

forsells no1 fan
04-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Wow just seen it the timing is impecable:D

SpikeyMatt
04-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Could this harm Routledge's move there?

Just a thought like.

Palaceboy222
04-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Addickted

Looks like those points will be docked BEFORE the seasons even started :D

sorry to sound stupid, but where does it say/did you hear that?

boxing francis
04-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Good to see the new Spurs regime is going well :p

dave_who_ru
04-06-2005, 03:13 PM
If they are banged to rights then 3 points down plus I suggest another 10 for good measure.

Teagle
04-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by dave_who_ru
If they are banged to rights then 3 points down plus I suggest another 10 for good measure.

If it is shown they've been at it again then it'll be interesting to see what line the FA takes, given the 10 point penalty for teams going into administration.

Mong!
04-06-2005, 03:17 PM
haha!!!

Nobby
04-06-2005, 03:23 PM
This whole "illegal approach" thing is absurd. How the hell can you define it or hope to stop it? And, frankly, why should it not be allowed? People talk and there's such a thing called free speech. If someone has a contract, they have a contract. If they want to break it, they have to pay the consequences. That's it. It's naive and pointless to tell people who work in the same business (and may even be friends socially)that they can't talk to each other about certain things.

AJ
04-06-2005, 03:24 PM
One of the penalties for this is actually relegation and expulsion from the league. If that happens(fat chance) we could be back in the Prem next season :p

El Aguila
04-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Anybody surprised? They were always a despicable bunch of slags supported by bigots and morons when they were poor - just got more money to behave like pigs with, now. No class, never have had.

Jasper
04-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Palaceboy222
sorry to sound stupid, but where does it say/did you hear that?

Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe they got a suspended 3 point penalty over the Ashley Cole Saga. If they do it again they will be docked 3 points.

Travelcard
04-06-2005, 03:26 PM
On the Beeb too:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/4610071.stm

Teagle
04-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by SpikeyMatt
Could this harm Routledge's move there?

Just a thought like.

Doubt it - as I understand it, Wayne has already agreed personal terms.

Palaceboy222
04-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Arnesen suspended in Chelsea link

Arnesen wants to quit Spurs for Chelsea
Spurs have suspended sporting director Frank Arnesen after they revealed Chelsea made an approach to the Dane without their permission.
Arnesen says he wants to move to Chelsea, and Spurs have confirmed they are taking legal advice on the matter.

Spurs said on the club's website www.spurs.co.uk that the approach was made "in direct breach of FAPL rules.

"This approach was made both prior to requesting permission and without permission from the club."

The row over Arnesen comes only days after Chelsea were fined 300,000 and handed a suspended three-point deduction by Premier League officials for their role in an illegal meeting with Arsenal full-back Ashley Cole.

This is a bolt from nowhere because his partnership with Martin Jol was the team to take us forward.

Tottenham Supporters' Trust spokesman Daniel Wynn

Arnesen arrived at Spurs at the start of last season and was instrumental in appointing Jacques Santini, then his successor Martin Jol.

He is also responsible for masterminding the club's transfer policy.

The Spurs statement added: "Notwithstanding that he is subject to contract and holds wide-ranging responsibilities and commitments to all parties at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, Frank has indicated that he wishes to move to Chelsea Football Club.

"Accordingly, the board of Tottenham Hotspur plc has suspended Frank Arnesen with immediate effect.

"The club is currently in discussions with its legal advisors and a further announcement will be made in due course."

The Premier League, however, are yet to receive a complaint from Spurs officials about the alleged approach to Arnesen.

"We have not received an official complaint," said Premier League spokesman Dan Johnson. "We await to see the action Tottenham wish to pursue."

Aki Aki Aki
04-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Something should be done about cheski, they really have not got to grips with how footballing matters are supposed to be handled. First it was Cole, second it was allegedly Ferdinand and now Arneson. Throw the book at the arrogant tw@ts :grrr:

c_block_lad
04-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Chelsea really are scum.

No doubt the Chelsea Palace will be on here claiming they are the innocent party per usual.

The day the dodgy Russain pulls out and Chelscum go bust I will be a very happy man.

El Aguila
04-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Nobby
This whole "illegal approach" thing is absurd. How the hell can you define it or hope to stop it? And, frankly, why should it not be allowed? People talk and there's such a thing called free speech. If someone has a contract, they have a contract. If they want to break it, they have to pay the consequences. That's it. It's naive and pointless to tell people who work in the same business (and may even be friends socially)that they can't talk to each other about certain things.
Competitive team sports have to exist according to separate rules to the rest of the world, Nobby. Otherwise they cease to exist.

gcwhite
04-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Chelsea really are scum.

No doubt the Chelsea Palace will be on here claiming they are the innocent party per usual.

The day the dodgy Russain pulls out and Chelscum go bust I will be a very happy man.

Chelsea Palace? WTF?

forsells no1 fan
04-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by gcwhite
Chelsea Palace? WTF?

Think he means the Croydon Chelsea fans?

K8ram
04-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
[BThe day the dodgy Russain pulls out and Chelscum go bust I will be a very happy man. [/B]

It's not the Dodgy Russian it's the dodgy Kenyon :D

Kenyon got away with it at Man utd cos they had the PR machine of David Beckham to deflect attention from the dodgy dealings.

paf
04-06-2005, 04:12 PM
get em relegated :)

PhilD
04-06-2005, 04:18 PM
I have to say I find this quite amusing, afterall Spurs clearly got at Routledge in January. You reap what you sow as they say.

EMLEY EAGLE
04-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Both teams and set of supporters deserve each other. Lets see them both get uptight and lets laugh ourselves silly!

gjtango
04-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by gcwhite
Chelsea Palace? WTF?

He means a certain number of people on this board that for some reason back Chelsea on certain issues.

BLUE BOY
04-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Chelsea seem to think they are above the rules etc, 1st Cole and now this, time for some stronger action me thinks and not some crappy fine that is short change to these poxy Russians.

forsells no1 fan
04-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Latest is Spurs say Arneson wanted to leave for Chelsea but they refused to let him go. Chelski say it was an offical approch!

Gooders
04-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Let's just have every player, coach, manager and chief executive officer sign for Chelsea and just cancel all competitions and say that they "won" them. Save all of us a lot of time and trouble.

Doesn't anyone realise that the key to the survival of any professional sport is healthy competition.

Or perhaps Arsenal could be taken over by someone else who has robbed a country of all it's money (Mugabe perhaps?) - and then Chelsea, Arsenal and Moan United could play each other in a round-robin tournament for the rest of eternity whilst those of us that inhabit the real world could get back to a level-ish playing field.

And then I woke up.

Gooders
04-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by PhilD
I have to say I find this quite amusing, afterall Spurs clearly got at Routledge in January. You reap what you sow as they say.

Long before that.

Gooders
04-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila
Competitive team sports have to exist according to separate rules to the rest of the world, Nobby. Otherwise they cease to exist.

Exactly. I never ceased to be amazed by the number of otherwise intelligent people who fail to realise that the football world is not like the real world.

gcwhite
04-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by gjtango
He means a certain number of people on this board that for some reason back Chelsea on certain issues.

Blimey. I hope there aren't any Brighton Palace.:eek:

kolinkins
04-06-2005, 05:36 PM
As a side issue, I wonder what Jose thinks of a potential director of football joining!

AJ
04-06-2005, 05:52 PM
I wonder if Chelsea have made an illegal approach for Wayne Andrews yet? :o

YASSA the PALACETINIAN
04-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Dock 'em enough points this season, so Liverpool finish 4th.
Everything sorted!

PeterH
04-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila
Anybody surprised? They were always a despicable bunch of slags supported by bigots and morons when they were poor - just got more money to behave like pigs with, now. No class, never have had.

Agree 100%.

richdeniro
04-06-2005, 11:36 PM
They're going to have to be relegated. Its the only way to send the message out that because they are rich they are above the rules.

It is actually a very clever move by kenyon (who i think should be banned from football) as he recognises that Arnson's transfer policy is very futuristic (whilst being a slight gamble) and with Baron Abramovich's dodgy millions could unfortunately bring success to Sibneft Corp for years to come.

Relegate them and stop it before it happens.

Adlerhorst
05-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
As a side issue, I wonder what Jose thinks of a potential director of football joining!

It was his idea - he wants to concentrate on coaching apparently. He has also supposed to have said lots of nice things about Arnesen in the past year.

Shipp Ahoy!
05-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Anyone up for a relegate Chelski demonstration outside F.A. Headquaters tomorrow morning? :p

Webb
05-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Arnesen IS the guy for the Grolsch beer adverts.....its uncanny.

stevejfh
05-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
Anyone up for a relegate Chelski demonstration outside F.A. Headquaters tomorrow morning? :p

Count me in. :p

sparks
05-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by stevejfh
Count me in. :p
Seems the Spurs boys have had enough as well
http://www.petitiononline.com/Os22/petition.html

spt1978
05-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Not defending Chelsea here but isnt this the way Tottenham got George Graham, Glenn Hoddle and I should imagine they unsettled Routledge aswell, which accounts for his dip in form. The big clubs have been doing this to the small clubs for years and Chelsea are a big club and Spurs arent (no matter what their fans say).

richdeniro
05-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by sparks
Seems the Spurs boys have had enough as well
http://www.petitiononline.com/Os22/petition.html

Ive voted on this and have got an Fw:Fw: e-mail all ready to send round with the link.

KennyB
06-06-2005, 12:32 PM
I remember Swindon getting knocked down a division a few years ago. But, as we know, one rule for normal clubs, one rule for the Chelskis, Manures, and Arses of this world.