PDA

View Full Version : Van Persie arrested for Rape

James Melody
14-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Breaking news on BBC...

Robin van Persie arrested on rape allegations..

davematt
14-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Lets just hope its another lie from some slapper trying to make some money. If these allegations turn out to be true, football is once again being dragged into shame. Stupid little boy with so much talent.

pfc
14-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has been arrested on rape allegations.
The 21-year-old, who joined The Gunners from Feyenoord last summer, was
detained in Rotterdam on Monday night.
Prosecutors' spokesman Jeichin de Graaf confirmed van Persie's arrest
and that he is a suspect in the claim.
"He was arrested last night and is considered a suspect following an
allegation of rape," prosecutors' de Graaf told AFP.
The Holland international had finished the season in style with Arsenal
after helping the North London side win the FA Cup and secure second in
The Premiership.

davematt
14-06-2005, 09:14 AM
I have also just seen that Steve Finnan has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. If the Lee Hughes case is anything to go by, Steve Finnan better panic.

eagles #1
14-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Idiot.

If true.

Pezzadoner
14-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by davematt
I have also just seen that Steve Finnan has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. If the Lee Hughes case is anything to go by, Steve Finnan better panic.

Lee Hughes' case is a bit different as he was most likely drunk and pegged it from the scene of an accident, not to be seen for a few days.

EagleSE24
14-06-2005, 09:22 AM
I think it's unfair that men can be named as rape suspects without even being charged. If someone makes an allegation the press can get hold of the suspects name regardless of whether there is a case to answer or not.

Marksf
14-06-2005, 09:23 AM
There's nothing about this on the BBC website. Is there a link you could post?

paf
14-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Marksf
There's nothing about this on the BBC website. Is there a link you could post?

it's on the news ticker.

James Melody
14-06-2005, 09:26 AM
It was running along the black bar at the top of the sports headlines..

James Melody
14-06-2005, 09:26 AM
http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer/2005/0614/1118703708489_1118739836943.html

http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/Soccer/0,6119,2-9-840_1721103,00.html

James Melody
14-06-2005, 09:31 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4091114.stm

delboy01
14-06-2005, 09:35 AM
That explains why Ashley Cole has been walking funny!

On a more serious note.

If he's guilty he should be sent to the nick.

There are too many case's of footballer's being accused of rape.

If she's making it up to get famous, or because she jumped into bed with him but her boyfriend/husband found out or for compensation she should be sent to the nick!!

They have started doing this already with the woman who had a one night stand, before getting married, and then crying rape getting six months. However, the guy who she previously accused, prior to this one, has had his life ruined. He should now sue her for compensation.

I am not saying either way whether I believe he is innocent of guilty, I'm just stating my views on what should happen post trial.

Jack Regan
14-06-2005, 09:44 AM
I'm sick and tired of bloody footballers. Nothing but stories about them on the BBC today.

Birch them all (particularly George Best). And I'm not joking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4090868.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4090216.stm

boxing francis
14-06-2005, 09:49 AM
I feel sorry for the person who missed out on a liver transplant for that excuse of a human being.

Trilby
14-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by boxing francis
I feel sorry for the person who missed out on a liver transplant for that excuse of a human being. I think you're getting confused with George Best

boxing francis
14-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Jack Regan
I'm sick and tired of bloody footballers. Nothing but stories about them on the BBC today.

Birch them all (particularly George Best) . And I'm not joking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4090868.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4090216.stm

BLUE BOY
14-06-2005, 09:56 AM
I feel sorry for the person who missed out on a liver transplant for that excuse of a human being.

Ditto.

Gooders
14-06-2005, 10:06 AM

Welcome to my world. And whilst there are thousands upon thousands of us prepared to pay whatever we are asked to see them parade their skills of a Saturday afternoon (if they can be bothered), nothing will change.

hernehilleagle
14-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Stupid little boys

Levski
14-06-2005, 10:26 AM
Now I really wish we'd stayed up. If the trend for two non-Palace Premiership footballers to be arrested each day continues, it would have been easier for us to stay up again!.

fwied wice
14-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Levski
Now I really wish we'd stayed up. If the trend for two non-Palace Premiership footballers to be arrested each day continues, it would have been easier for us to stay up again!.

And there would have been more players we could rip the piss out of

RDSdaEAGLE
14-06-2005, 11:23 AM
He's already been accused once of rape, and he was cleared then without any doubt. The problem for Van Persie is that he has a bad boy image and that follows him around.

Its not right that people have already decided he's guilty, as seems to be the case when most footballers are accused of one crime or another.

limited_edition
14-06-2005, 12:03 PM
No wonder Andy Todd clocked him one.

m355y
14-06-2005, 12:20 PM
what the f*ck is going on today? This is insane.:eek:

Dom303
14-06-2005, 12:22 PM
God I hate that man

CHE
14-06-2005, 12:26 PM

How many times is this rubbish going to be touted? NOBODY missed out on a liver transplant for George Best, even if he is a scumbag.

Jack Regan
14-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by CHE
How many times is this rubbish going to be touted? NOBODY missed out on a liver transplant for George Best, even if he is a scumbag.

Can you clarify please?

If there was a donated liver going, then someone more deserving than Best could have had it couldn't they?

thecount
14-06-2005, 02:40 PM
There is NO way that Van Persie could have done this.

Careful exmination of his arms whilst he is running will reveal to any observer that he has the floppiest arms ever, amlmost devoid of elbows. I don't see how he would have been able to force himself upon a woman.

PeterH
14-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Can you clarify please?

If there was a donated liver going, then someone more deserving than Best could have had it couldn't they?

Maybe Liver transplants have to be very specific to the person. Much more than just blood type. I don't know, if not, then I make you right Jack.

Dom303
14-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by thecount
There is NO way that Van Persie could have done this.

Careful exmination of his arms whilst he is running will reveal to any observer that he has the floppiest arms ever, amlmost devoid of elbows. I don't see how he would have been able to force himself upon a woman. :D

Gooders
15-06-2005, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Gooders
Welcome to my world. And whilst there are thousands upon thousands of us prepared to pay whatever we are asked to see them parade their skills of a Saturday afternoon (if they can be bothered), nothing will change.

And yet another reason this morning if you're looking for them, as to why these blokes think they can get away with anything. Scott Parker.

Decent player at :clown: ton, but unable to get near the Chelsea team. He's a strong up and down midfielder but not exactly world class is he?

Off to Newcastle to collect a reported 55,000 - 60,000 per week.

Utter, utter madness.

CHE
15-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
Maybe Liver transplants have to be very specific to the person. Much more than just blood type. I don't know, if not, then I make you right Jack.

I don't profess expertise either, except that my mother was a nurse and when this was raised at the time of Best's transplant, said that the uproar was ridiculous as the liver would almost certainly would not have been suitable for anyone else, ergo, given these things limited shelf-life, no-one else suffered by it being given to him.

Yet again (and this is not aimed at you, PeterH), there an awful lot of hypocrisy on here. If you drink to excess, like I do on occasion, I don't think you can take the moral high ground here!

PeterH
16-06-2005, 03:38 AM
Fair point. But if smokers were refused treatment for cancer after being treated succesfully before and they continued to smoke, then the same goes for drinkers.