PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Phillips


GreatGonzo
29-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Just thought you might like to know that the hitman from one of our rivals for the upcoming season is currently undergoing a medical in order to join Aston Villa.

With Crouch a target of Liverpool, and Camara a loan player who refuses toplay outside the top flight all 3 of their front line strikers from last season could be out the door by the beggining of the season!

Calder2
29-06-2005, 12:51 PM
I just noticed this on SSN too. Hopefully he passes his medical, then Crouch will show some 'ambition' by leaving too :)

Bens Jamin
29-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Good news! Would be good if Crouch left too but im more worried about Ashton at Norwich, surly someone will try and snap him up!!!

Calder2
29-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bens Jamin
Good news! Would be good if Crouch left too but im more worried about Ashton at Norwich, surly someone will try and snap him up!!!

Rumours about Ashton have been few and far between, seems he would be happy enough to cain it in the Championship.

WorthingEagle
29-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Calder2
Rumours about Ashton have been few and far between, seems he would be happy enough to cain it in the Championship.

If he'd joined us in January he'd still be playing Premiership football. Bet he's regretting that decision now.

Gooders
29-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Don't think any Premiership clubs will be in for Ashton - except maybe one of the promoted teams.

Bens Jamin
29-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Ashton or AJ could break the goalscoring record for division 1 if they play in it again, anyone know what it is?? That could be very bad for us, especially if AJ goes!!

Jay_Palace
29-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
Don't think any Premiership clubs will be in for Ashton - except maybe one of the promoted teams.

Rumour has it that Spurs (who almost signed him in January) want him again and will offer 5 million for him. His comments in the media have also been very AJ esque and non commital. I would imagine that he would behave much like AJ did if Spurs come in for him.

eagles #1
29-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
Rumour has it that Spurs (who almost signed him in January) want him again and will offer 5 million for him. His comments in the media have also been very AJ esque and non commital. I would imagine that he would behave much like AJ did if Spurs come in for him. I thought i'd seen someone say he HAD commited his future to Naaarch and that it would be nice to see AJ do the same? :confused:

eagles #1
29-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Also i saw Camara has gone to Charlton for 2m, though that may have been a rumour. Am i seeing things? :D

dopgsmm
29-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
I thought i'd seen someone say he HAD commited his future to Naaarch and that it would be nice to see AJ do the same? :confused:

Yeah, Ashton quoted as saying he's happy to stay with Naaaarich

Jay_Palace
29-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by dopgsmm
Yeah, Ashton quoted as saying he's happy to stay with Naaaarich

He said that he was happy there and until he heard otherwise, he'd be happy to stick around.

Sound familiar? ;)

dopgsmm
29-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
He said that he was happy there and until he heard otherwise, he'd be happy to stick around.

Sound familiar? ;)


mmmm..:rolleyes:

GreatGonzo
29-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Well i am not to bothered about Ashton, Norwich and ourselves werre teh 2 likely to keep their squads together best and if that stays as it is we could well both be up there all season. With Southampton losing players it means they will be nowhere, removing one of our competitors.

Jay_Palace
29-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Well i am not to bothered about Ashton, Norwich and ourselves werre teh 2 likely to keep their squads together best and if that stays as it is we could well both be up there all season. With Southampton losing players it means they will be nowhere, removing one of our competitors.

Yep that's true.

Southampton are going to get an enormous shock this season and it's going to be a pleasure watching them underachieve.

smileysmith
29-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
it's going to be a pleasure watching them underachieve. As long as we are not doing the same.

GreatGonzo
29-06-2005, 01:46 PM
As it stands they are likely to have lost 6 of the 14 who played on the last day of the season (Niemi, Davenport, Phillips, Redknapp, Le Saux, Camara). 6 who played against us (Niemi, Redknapp, Le Saux, Phillips, Camara Crouch).

Whereas we will lose 2 against Charlton (Dougie and Wayne) possibly and 3 from the Saints game (Sorrondo, Ventola and Wayne).

Norwich are also losing 3 of teh players who played in their last 2 games (Holt, Bentley, Svennson) with a couple more possibilities to go.

saxo_demon22
29-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Although Bentley may return on loan again.

sydnsteve
29-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
He said that he was happy there and until he heard otherwise, he'd be happy to stick around.

Sound familiar? ;)

No he didn't. He said he would definitely be staying at Norwich. Now that could be because no-one has come in for him, but there was nothing equivocal about his statement, it was; 'of course I'll be here'. Not that that makes any difference, as we know.

sydnsteve
29-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
As it stands they are likely to have lost 6 of the 14 who played on the last day of the season (Niemi, Davenport, Phillips, Redknapp, Le Saux, Camara). 6 who played against us (Niemi, Redknapp, Le Saux, Phillips, Camara Crouch).

Whereas we will lose 2 against Charlton (Dougie and Wayne) possibly and 3 from the Saints game (Sorrondo, Ventola and Wayne).

Norwich are also losing 3 of teh players who played in their last 2 games (Holt, Bentley, Svennson) with a couple more possibilities to go.

GG, I thought DF had agreed to sign a new deal? That was effectively what he said in the Adder

Jay_Palace
29-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
No he didn't. He said he would definitely be staying at Norwich. Now that could be because no-one has come in for him, but there was nothing equivocal about his statement, it was; 'of course I'll be here'. Not that that makes any difference, as we know.

Meh, as you say words mean nothing. AJ said stronger things and still handed in a transfer request.

If Spurs make a bid for him there's no way he will turn them down out of "loyalty" to Norwich.

LP
29-06-2005, 02:03 PM
I think Ashton will stay with the carrot crunchers unless they receive a ridiculous bid for him, which in the current climate is unlikely.

Jay_Palace
29-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by LP
I think Ashton will stay with the carrot crunchers unless they receive a ridiculous bid for him, which in the current climate is unlikely.

Exactly the same can be said of AJ then.

Jack Regan
29-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Kevin Phillips Bong

You polled no votes at all

Nothing

Not a sausage

GreatGonzo
29-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
GG, I thought DF had agreed to sign a new deal? That was effectively what he said in the Adder

Thats why i said possibly as the chances are Dougie will resign, in fact i should have added 1 more to the list in Granville as i was basing on people who are not contracted to the club for next season.

My point which remains true is that the number of losses and the nature of the losses from ourselves and Norich are far better than that of Saints.

Compounded by the fact we have signed 3 players, Norwich 1 and Southampton none!

Boyandy
29-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Saints have signed the prospect know as Dennis Wise

LP
29-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
Exactly the same can be said of AJ then.

The situation with Ashton is slightly different to the one with AJ as he has publically said that he would like to stay with Norwich. AJ of course has done the opposite and therefor potential buyers are likely to view him as unsettled and continue to test Palace's resolve.

Dom303
29-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Whereas we will lose 2 against Charlton (Dougie and Wayne) possibly and 3 from the Saints game (Sorrondo, Ventola and Wayne).
AJ?

Shipp Ahoy!
29-06-2005, 05:46 PM
SSN reporting Kevin Philips completes 750k move to Aston Villa on 2 year contract.