PDA

View Full Version : Kit Launch Preview

RDSdaEAGLE
11-07-2005, 04:03 PM
The new home and away shirts for 2005/06 will be ON SALE in the Selhurst Park and Allders of Croydon clubshops from Friday 15th July. However, on Thursday 14th July there will be a special preview night which gives supporters the chance to meet some of their favourite players as well as purchase the brand new home and away kits.

The preview night will take place at Allders of Croydon between 6 and 7pm, and not only will you be able to preview and purchase the new kit just before it goes on sale but Iain Dowie and playing staff will be in attendance, including new signings Jobi McAnuff, Jon Macken and Darren Ward as well as Dougie Freedman and Andrew Johnson.

Don't miss out on getting your new strip this weekend and remember you can also order online at www.cpfc.co.uk.

Oddjob
11-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Lets have a sweepstake on what the first letter is that the club shop runs out of when it comes to the shirt printing.

TonbridgeEagle
11-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Will AJ really be there? hmmm

Beckenham Boy
11-07-2005, 04:09 PM
This announcement should keep C-Block happy for a while !

paulws
11-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Beckenham Boy
This announcement should keep C-Block happy for a while !

why?

TWOSEAT EAGLE
11-07-2005, 04:37 PM
So the pre-orders should arrive by September then!

Mackenuff
11-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TonbridgeEagle
Will AJ really be there? hmmm

Can't really see him being there. They always announce the best, new and well known players for these do's and when you get there, they've actually just managed to get five 17 year olds in from the youth team, who nobody really gives a f""k about!!

Webb
11-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Oddjob
Lets have a sweepstake on what the first letter is that the club shop runs out of when it comes to the shirt printing.

E

Every year they have no 'E's.:D

Scroatey
11-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Oddjob
Lets have a sweepstake on what the first letter is that the club shop runs out of when it comes to the shirt printing. I'm going for "A"

* Aj
* mAcken
* mcAnuff
* freedmAn
* hAll
* blAck
* kolkkA
* kirAly
* grAnville
* wArd
* Aki
* soAres
* scroAtey

oh, and pAlAce :eek:

but saying that "L" looks quite prominent in that list too! :clown:

Son of Selhurst
11-07-2005, 04:53 PM
A & J

ollie_porter
11-07-2005, 05:00 PM
i have already ordered my palace home shirt? should that come on the friday to???

Mark_cpfc
11-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Knowing Palace they will proberly run out of the daftest letter.

So expect Z to be the first to go!

Beckenham Boy
11-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by paulws
why?

Cos he got annoyed when the club did the photo shoot and press release for the new shirt in Croydon and did not tell joe public.

eagles #1
11-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by TonbridgeEagle
Will AJ really be there? hmmm I doubt it. But fair play if he is. I might pop along to that, get the new shirt.

Latvian Eagle
11-07-2005, 07:33 PM
My shirts which I pre ordered have arrived! Well my home, away shirts, and the keeper shorts and socks have. My keeper shirt hasn't arrived yet! :eek:

Clapham Grand
11-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Scroatey
I'm going for "A"

* Aj
* mAcken
* mcAnuff
* freedmAn
* hAll
* blAck
* kolkkA
* kirAly
* grAnville
* wArd
* Aki
* soAres
* scroAtey

oh, and pAlAce :eek:

but saying that "L" looks quite prominent in that list too! :clown:

:lux: :p :D

kolinkins
11-07-2005, 07:50 PM
I'll be there....

eagles #1
11-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
I'll be there.... Might see you there then me old Maxwell loving buddy! :D ;)

Latvian Eagle
11-07-2005, 08:29 PM
I would be there, but I already have my shirts! :) Sorry but I feel like the only person to have received theirs! :confused:

c_block_lad
11-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Might be along.

And get some Autographs for my "Cousin"...

;)

kolinkins
11-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Might be along.

And get some Autographs for my "Cousin"...

;)

How will I recognise you ;)

c_block_lad
11-07-2005, 09:00 PM
How will I recognise you ;)

Er, Dougie can you sign this, it's er for my cousin yer, she's called c_block_lad.

:D

eagles #1
11-07-2005, 09:09 PM
How will I recognise you ;) I have "Maxwell 4 Eva" on the back of my Centenary Shirt. ;)

RDSdaEAGLE
11-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
I have "Maxwell 4 Eva" on the back of my Centenary Shirt. ;)

You've got Maxwell on your back 4 Eva!?!?!

GAY :eek: :o :D

AndyStreet
11-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Anyone up for a few beers after I give AJ one final browning?

BringBackSasa
11-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Dunno about you lot, but I'm disappointed that Kit isn't going to be the first Palace player on the moon.

BringBackSasa
11-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by AndyStreet

Only if your missus is going. And you're not.

kolinkins
11-07-2005, 10:53 PM

Maybe....

[J20's anyway]

AndyStreet
11-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Maybe....

[J20's anyway]

:lux:

Chunt
11-07-2005, 11:13 PM
j20in in!

eagles #1
12-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Bollocks, i mis-read it and thought it was on Friday that they were at Allders. Probably wont be able to go now :sob:

c_block_lad
12-07-2005, 10:41 AM
The 'Lark

Jack Regan
12-07-2005, 11:05 AM
J, U, D, A, S and 8

AndyStreet
12-07-2005, 11:18 AM
The 'Lark

None of that George bollocks. :veryangry

EagleSE24
13-07-2005, 12:50 PM

:confused: Is he going off you or is he leaving Palace?

LiPat
13-07-2005, 01:56 PM
I'll be there

I don't know much about the new signings and want to see what they are like!

Lucy
13-07-2005, 11:13 PM
I'll be there tomorrow.

RDSdaEAGLE
13-07-2005, 11:18 PM
So will I :hi:

kolinkins
13-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
So will I :hi:

See you there :)

kolinkins
13-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by LiPat

I don't know much about the new signings and want to see what they are like!

Coz they'll be playing? ;)

RDSdaEAGLE
13-07-2005, 11:21 PM
...Mr Street should be too, as will our Holmesdale online mate Leebo!

kolinkins
13-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Cooleo - I look forward to seeing you both (and Leebo), even if I dont meet you :)

Lucy
13-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Holmesdale online-Leebo?! I'm on there and don't have a clue who he is!

RSDAeagle I may have met you at POTY, I'm not sure, I know Lauren introduced me to a few of you's lot.

c_block_lad
14-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Might go.

heinz 57
14-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Did someone mention drinking afterwards? :)

c_block_lad
14-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Shame young Chunt is working tonight, I was going to bring him along.

The little tosser probably has an ASBO for Croydon though.

Chunt
14-07-2005, 12:00 PM

That's slander you •••••••.

Had not has!

c_block_lad
14-07-2005, 12:05 PM
:o

rhiannapaul
14-07-2005, 12:33 PM
i think i will go

Clapham Grand
14-07-2005, 03:52 PM
bump

lauren_of_hove
14-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Lucy
Holmesdale online-Leebo?! I'm on there and don't have a clue who he is!

RSDAeagle I may have met you at POTY, I'm not sure, I know Lauren introduced me to a few of you's lot.

His HOL name is Lee McB.

kolinkins
14-07-2005, 04:17 PM
So, who's going? I am pretty certain I will pop along.

If anyone sees someone who they think minght be me, have a word!

100% Palace
14-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Wanted to go but 3 reasons have stopped me:

1) too hot to be standing round in allders
2) doubtful whether they will have the means to put a centenary patch on, so may as well go to Selhurst at a later (and quieter) date
3) golden eagles discount voucher not arrived yet

LeeH
14-07-2005, 06:13 PM
did anybody get along? Questions that need answering:

1) WAS AJ actually there?
2) Did he say anything and did he get hassled about staying/leaving?
3) any other interesting stuff to tell?
4) Anybody get to talk to Jon/Jobi/Darren?

OK, will shut up now :D

stonepark eagle
14-07-2005, 06:54 PM
wife and kids have just returned from Allders.AJ WAS there but the only question my 11 yr.old could think to ask was Can i have your autogragh?I blame the parents.

kolinkins
14-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by LeeH
did anybody get along? Questions that need answering:

1) WAS AJ actually there?
2) Did he say anything and did he get hassled about staying/leaving?
3) any other interesting stuff to tell?
4) Anybody get to talk to Jon/Jobi/Darren?

OK, will shut up now :D

I went.

AJ was there. He didnt look as perky as usual. He was polite, nobody hassled him.

Spoke with Dowie for a good few minutes. Really appreciated his time. We spoke about which books he has read etc to help his motivation skills. He has a great interest in basketball coaching. He was a real gentleman, very polite and informative. He says he plans on using Soares in the middle this season.

Spoke with Neil McDonald for a good 5-10 minutes. A very nice man, knows a lot about the game and tactically astute. He hinted that it would be 4-3-3 this season. Says Kolkka has worked the hardest (after Soares) in training, and had clear the air talks with management. Said Palace are ready for the season to start, and that over the next 2 weeks, we want to sign 3 players, 2 of which he hopes will join before we go to Germany. We were interested in Lita, but not at £1million cash. They rejected a player exchange deal.

Spoke with John Salako - who stayed in the background. He's training with Wycombe. Wants a future role at Palace.

Macken and Ward had a quick chat with me. Joel avoided me :) (some BBSers will know why ;)).

A very good hour indeed.

chav_hater
14-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks kolinkins

forsells no1 fan
14-07-2005, 07:01 PM
I went.

. We were interested in Lita, but not at £1million cash. They rejected a player exchange deal.

Wonder who the player we offered was?

LeeH
14-07-2005, 07:01 PM
cheers mate - sounds like all is going well pre-season - very pleased to hear Kollka is well in the plans and things have been worked out. I reckon AJ may have expected a barrage of questions from the supporters, so I dont blame him for being a bit quieter.

Latvian Eagle
14-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Probably Wayne Andrews! :o

forsells no1 fan
14-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
Probably Wayne Andrews! :o

Nah they would of never refused if it was!:D

Gazz
14-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Some nice information gathered :)

John.K
14-07-2005, 07:32 PM
[B Joel avoided me :) (some BBSers will know why ;)[/B]

Go on spill the beans

Am glad Kolkka is staying with us and working hard

RDSdaEAGLE
14-07-2005, 07:38 PM
I was there too. Had a good time, I don't think AJ was too impressed with me asking if he was going to stay though :D

c_block_lad
14-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Why do people bother AJ with such questions?

AJ is there to market the new kit, not to have an indepth conversion with fans who will then plaster their convo all other the net.

Yes, ask for his autograph, but dont pester the lad. Your remind me of the type who pester players whilst their eating meals with their familys in resturants...

John.K
14-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks for clearing that up c_block_lad

c_block_lad
14-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by John.K
Thanks for clearing that up c_block_lad

Pleasure as ever.

kolinkins
14-07-2005, 07:45 PM
I was there too. Had a good time, I don't think AJ was too impressed with me asking if he was going to stay though :D

Did you see an Asian bloke, quite big, walking around taking photos with his mobile?

c_block_lad
14-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Did you see an Asian bloke, quite big, walking around taking photos with his mobile?

Who then get chucked out by security?

:p

kolinkins
14-07-2005, 07:47 PM

AJ is there to market the new kit, not to have an indepth conversion with fans who will then plaster their convo all other the net.

I agree. Dowie was clearly up for a chat, as were the new players and Dougie. AJ was there to bump the new kit, sign autographs and take photos. He clearly didnt look in the mood to answer questions. He's hardly going to tell the truth is he? Though I wasnt impressed with the girl who called him a "moody •••••••".

kolinkins
14-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Who then get chucked out by security?

:p

:)

You've got your old humour back ;)

picksmeister
14-07-2005, 07:50 PM
I went it seemed that AJ was all smiles, had my yellow palace top with johnson on the bk for him to sign. He did not look as if he wanted to go anywhere. Could not really ask any questions as his ugly body guard basically had him with both hands. AJ's wife was there aswell filming him signing his autographs and chatting to fans. Felt a bit sorry for Jobi McAnuff as i don't think many knew who he was. Listened to Jon Macken's interview with sky sports and he said that he can't wait to score the goals that get the team promoted to the premiership!

c_block_lad
I agree. Dowie was clearly up for a chat, as were the new players and Dougie. AJ was there to bump the new kit, sign autographs and take photos. He clearly didnt look in the mood to answer questions. He's hardly going to tell the truth is he? Though I wasnt impressed with the girl who called him a "moody •••••••".

Indeed. Spot On.

No offence to anyone, but he is hardly going to say "Yer Im going to Tottenham/Man City/Swansea City/Sutton Utd fot X Million.

RDSdaEAGLE

Yes, ask for his autograph, but dont pester the lad. Your remind me of the type who pester players whilst their eating meals with their familys in resturants...

Now now mate, no need for that. I asked him a simple question, one he's likely to be asked by all sorts of people, whether its Sky Sports News reporters or London Live, they all asked the same question.

I didn't pester him.

kolinkins
14-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Now now mate, no need for that. I asked him a simple question, one he's likely to be asked by all sorts of people, whether its Sky Sports News reporters or London Live, they all asked the same question.

I didn't pester him.

The BBC London guy looked like a mouse.

RDSdaEAGLE
14-07-2005, 07:53 PM

I think I might have done, if I'd have known I would have come and said hello. All those who were there looked pleased to be there and answer questions, McAnuff and Macken were both talkative.

RDSdaEAGLE
14-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Just one, very minor complaint.

We got there at 5.30, by which point there was already quite a queue. The shirts were piled up ready to be sold, but they wouldn't start selling them until 6. I realise it said 6 until 7, but it just seemed a bit petty, especially since they only had 2 tills to work on and they didn't finish selling the shirts until about 8. People were going from the queue to get players autographs all the time, which meant even more delay.

The venue also caused an inconvenience to non-Palace customers wanting to buy stuff from Allders.

To be fair to the staff, they did their best to get round the problem with tills by asking Allders if they could use their tills. It did make things a bit easier then.

Again, its a petty complaint, but with a bit more thought the club could have maybe made things easier fo the players, themselves and the customers.

Funniest thing was three or four people asking me who the bald bloke was signing all the autographs...I was actually suprised, I thought everyone knew who AJ was?! :D

3rd_Lion
14-07-2005, 08:21 PM
I stood in the background watching all that was going on....macken and ward look like good mates already. McAnuff was out first and is very eager for the season to start. There is no way you could tell what mood AJ was in because all he was doing was taking photos and signing autographs constantly for the hour.

Freedman looked very pleased, darren ward looks like a girl aswell :-)

Whenever dowie was asked whether himself, AJ and kiraly would stay he said ''Hope so''. Same answer came when he was aksed if we would get promotion.

As stated by someone before in this thread, McDonald did speculate about the formation and seemed to be swinging to either 3-5-2 or 4-3-3.

eagles #1
14-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Did you see an Asian bloke, quite big, walking around taking photos with his mobile? I think i saw ya, didnt have the balls to come up to you though just incase it wasnt you. :)

We got there quite late, about 6:30. The queue was pretty big. I only caught the players as they were leaving by the stairs. Got AJ's signature on the back of my Centenary shirt, had a picture taken with Iain Dowie and bought the new home shirt. Quite a good trip all round really.

kolinkins
14-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
I think i saw ya, didnt have the balls to come up to you though just incase it wasnt you. :)

I'd feel a bit stupid going up to somebody asking if they were "X BBS name".

Hi, are you Kolinkins?

Doesnt quite sound right.

Lion
14-07-2005, 08:50 PM
I'd feel a bit stupid going up to somebody asking if they were "X BBS name".

Hi, are you Kolinkins?

Doesnt quite sound right.

I remember in Cardiff before the game started, by the Guiness tent, someone came up to me and said:

"Alright Lion! How you doing?"

We then progressed to have about a 5 minute chat. To this day, I still have no ••••••• idea who it was

:(

Latvian Eagle
14-07-2005, 09:20 PM
More importantly did they have goalkeeper shirts available, as mine still hasn't arrived! :grrr:

RDSdaEAGLE
14-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
More importantly did they have goalkeeper shirts available, as mine still hasn't arrived! :grrr:

Yup! It looked like they did!

Latvian Eagle
14-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Bastards! :veryangry:D

GOD
14-07-2005, 09:41 PM
just seen it on Sky Sports News, good interview with Dougie, he said "us Palace fans" - he is a Legend. Said what ever hapens with AJ WE win, either goals or loads of cash to invest :D

RDSdaEAGLE
14-07-2005, 09:46 PM
They interviewed Dowie at length also, and also spoke to AJ for a while. Expect more on SSN soon.

kolinkins
14-07-2005, 09:47 PM
They interviewed Dowie at length also, and also spoke to AJ for a while. Expect more on SSN soon.

OOO, am I on it?

RDSdaEAGLE
14-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Waiting for the interview with Freedman now.

AndyStreet
14-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Indeed. Spot On.

No offence to anyone, but he is hardly going to say "Yer Im going to Tottenham/Man City/Swansea City/Sutton Utd fot X Million.

To be fair to Rob, he did say it very much tongue in cheek.

I went. You might have recognized me as the mincebag in the pink t-shirt and sandals.:cool:

Lion
14-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Was a good interview with our lovely new striker on BBC London too. Sounded ace - can't wait to see him play this season

Jay_Palace
14-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Good stuff chaps, it's all coming together nicely.

anna matronic
14-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Though I wasnt impressed with the girl who called him a "moody •••••••".

That might have been me.....

kolinkins
14-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by anna matronic
That might have been me.....

Gazz
14-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Just heard the interviews with freedman and macken and they both sounded pretty good :)

Neil the Eagle
14-07-2005, 11:55 PM
I was stopping off on my way to an evening appointment, but the tram I was on broke down! So I wouldn't have made it in time, then my client in Wimbledon cancelled anyway :bash:

anna matronic
15-07-2005, 12:07 AM

Didn't mean to annoy you, if it was me, i'd be surprised if I was the only one who thought that Though, I think my comment was along the lines of he's a moody ••••••• isn't he, he was like that at POTY aswell!

I didn't ring Andy Street before I went out to check what he was wearing cos I also had a pink Tshirt and sandels on, but I'm a bird so it's ok :D

Palace Don
15-07-2005, 12:08 AM
So are the kits any good? Whats the material like on the home one?

RDSdaEAGLE
15-07-2005, 12:20 AM
They're really nice. The shirt quality is like the old Le Coq Sportif shirts used to be, during the time Steve Bruce was manager, although a bit lighter.

The sizing is mad, my Large fits fine, but the small size is huge, and any size above Large is completely disproportionate, they're that much bigger.

Webb
15-07-2005, 07:25 AM

Stayed up til.....well, it was quite late for me trying to re-fix my freebox box and aerial that decided to break at 10.30pm last night.

Was anything new added, Rob, or did SSN just repeat what had already been shown previously?

They're really nice. The shirt quality is like the old Le Coq Sportif shirts used to be, during the time Steve Bruce was manager, although a bit lighter.

The sizing is mad, my Large fits fine, but the small size is huge, and any size above Large is completely disproportionate, they're that much bigger.

I am really tempted now. Think I'll chance my luck and make a trip to the club shop(s) when I'm in the area in a couple a weeks.

Don't think I'll risk either the club internet booking system, and ending up with the wrong size......:)

Neil the Eagle
15-07-2005, 09:54 AM

I'll bet I'll still need an XXXL though... :(

elliott
15-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by webbplebb
Stayed up til.....well, it was quite late for me trying to re-fix my freebox box and aerial that decided to break at 10.30pm last night.

Was anything new added, Rob, or did SSN just repeat what had already been shown previously?

I am really tempted now. Think I'll chance my luck and make a trip to the club shop(s) when I'm in the area in a couple a weeks.

Don't think I'll risk either the club internet booking system, and ending up with the wrong size......:)

This is also tempting me. And I don't really have any money to spend (although I did earn £500 this week)

Webb
15-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by elliott
This is also tempting me. And I don't really have any money to spend (although I did earn £500 this week)

Kind of a contradiction there, mate. :)

£500?! What were you doing? Pimping?

GOD
15-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle

Don't panic Neil last year my XXL was tight round the shoulders but this years kit I have a XL and it is baggy and I've probably put on weight!

I'm sure some of the sizes vary from shirt to shirt. My advice to anyone is go and try one on and then buy it dont assume anything!

elliott
15-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Working from 9am til midnight every day.

Actually, its 8am til midnight tomorrow, and then 3-7 on sunday. No weekend for me

Webb
15-07-2005, 10:43 AM
8am til midnight? Jeezus, I thought I was overworking doing Mon-Fri 8am til 6pm and some Sat/Sun's 7-2.:eek:

Stevieboy2
15-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Yep. Definitely pimping!!

elliott
15-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Working on tennis courts during the day (••••••• hot) and then behind the bar in the evening.

It's hard work.

I was given this morning off though. I start at 2 today

SA Eagle
15-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle

Only XXXL :eek:

limited_edition
15-07-2005, 02:17 PM
I went.

AJ was there. He didnt look as perky as usual. He was polite, nobody hassled him.

Spoke with Dowie for a good few minutes. He says he plans on using Soares in the middle this season.

Spoke with Neil McDonald for a good 5-10 minutes. A very nice man, knows a lot about the game and tactically astute. He hinted that it would be 4-3-3 this season. Says Kolkka has worked the hardest (after Soares) in training, and had clear the air talks with management. Said Palace are ready for the season to start, and that over the next 2 weeks, we want to sign 3 players, 2 of which he hopes will join before we go to Germany.

A very good hour indeed. Fantastic news about Soares &, Kolkka, plus us chasing possible new transfers. Would like to see both Kolkka and Soares in the side. Fingers crossed Joonas will stay. :lux:

Tommy S will be an awesome central midfielder. Sounds like McDonald will be our "signing" of the summer. His tactical input seems to be rubbing off on Dowie already. It might have kept us up last season. Nevermind. Let's make a rip-roaring start to the season, learn the lessons from our failure last season & come back up better prepared.

Sorry, I couldn't make it to Croydon last night. Missed the SSN & BBC interviews, too. :(

Can't wait for the Inter game. T-minus 12 days. Bring it on.

pauldrulez
15-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Went into the club shop and there were no J's or T's

€pfc
15-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Don't tell me you were suprised at this

Balti Man
15-07-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm just sticking with the centenary shirt this year which although its 50 sheets is very nice.

Gutted that i missed last night in alders, my old man told me this morning they had been down there, must have missed this thread earlier in the week.

Still haven't got Dougie's autograph : - (