PDA

View Full Version : What would you have said?

Sluggo
13-07-2005, 11:30 AM
I went to my daughters school's "Summer Sensation" last week and the 'guest star' was Danny Higginbottom, the Southampton player. Now it could be said, without too great a leap of the imagination, that if it weren't for him Palace would be playing Premier League football this coming season.

What I want to know from you lot is what would you have said to him if you'd been there?

For my part, I gave it some considerable thought whilst stood within shouting distance and finally wimped out and just said hello.
The possible saving grace was that it was all for naught anyway coz they get relegated too. :p

Bens Jamin
13-07-2005, 11:47 AM
You've done us proud by keeping your mouth shut Sluggo. Higginbottom did screw a nail into out coffin, but we had already screwed most of them in! The abuse that Crouch got after the Soton game was very harsh, and the abusers were very much frowned upon. If you'd done the same im sure your family would have been highly embarrased. Anyway, we'll get that F****** c*** back this season!!

Daveyboyross
13-07-2005, 11:52 AM
If it had of been Jonathon Fortune i would have been disappointed had you not punched him in the mouth.

Clapham Grand
13-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Time to forgive and forget

Smoz
13-07-2005, 11:56 AM
I agree with Bens Jamin, we got relegated over a course of 38 games not just the one against Southampton.

eagles #1
13-07-2005, 12:14 PM
I would have had a little joke with him.

Scroatey
13-07-2005, 12:21 PM
"LOSER" whilst doing a little L-shape with my hand :D

Sluggo
13-07-2005, 12:23 PM
I think Bens right too. There were far more reasons to be nice than to be nasty. To be honest I think the worst I would have a said was "No I don't want your autograph thanks. I'm a Palace fan" and produced my bestest and friendliest smile.

Bens Jamin
13-07-2005, 12:27 PM
6 points off him this season and alls forgotten!!

welshneil
13-07-2005, 12:31 PM
I had a VERY similar situation the week after our play off victory over West Sham...I saw Travor Francis walking past me in Manchester...I did the same and kept quiet...but BOY it was difficult!

David of Kent
13-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Do you know what? His name is so non-recognisable for me that I probably wouldn't even have put 2 and 2 together and realised he was the Southampton player that scored against us.

Sir.S.C Remembered
13-07-2005, 11:10 PM
He was doing his job! I wouldn't have touched him as seems he acted professionally when you were about. He's not my favourite player for it though!

follow cpfc
14-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Dont mind about Higgingbottom but if it were Fortune i would of smacked him in the mouth