PDA

View Full Version : Spurs - Peace Cup


BW_Palace
16-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Routledge is playing.

Looking quite dangerous too. :p

rikp
16-07-2005, 11:50 AM
It's like watching your girlfriend cheat on you. Still gutted!

Had some great touches and looks the biz - mind you not sure he's had a cross yet!!

saxo_demon22
16-07-2005, 12:01 PM
I've been watching that. He looked very sharp when he first came on but has died out towards the end of the half.

Tottenham seem to have invested in a hell of a lot of young prospects.

Is the Marney playing right back, the same Marney who used to play for Everton as a striker? If so what the hell are the doing playing him there?

€pfc
16-07-2005, 12:02 PM
is this on TV?

saxo_demon22
16-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Channel 410 on Sky

crystal essex
16-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Not sure he's had a cross yet - no change there then.

c_block_lad
16-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Who ••••••• cares?

He has left the club FFS.

zonin2000
16-07-2005, 12:06 PM
This is in World of Football c_block, not GPD.

saxo_demon22
16-07-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't care that he doesn't play for us now. I will still follow his career. Your statement would imply that this forum cannot talk about any player other than a Palace one. Thats bullshit.

€pfc
16-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by saxo_demon22
Channel 410 on Sky

Thanks:p

c_block_lad
16-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by saxo_demon22
I don't care that he doesn't play for us now. I will still follow his career. Your statement would imply that this forum cannot talk about any player other than a Palace one. Thats bullshit.

No, it's the nigel element going blah blah Routledge this blah blah Routledge that.

He's left the club.

Deal with it.

Lion
16-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
No, it's the nigel element going blah blah Routledge this blah blah Routledge that.

He's left the club.

Deal with it.

Don't be a prat all your life. If people still want to talk about how I player is getting on after Palace, a player that rose though the ranks at our club and one who will always have a lot of respect for us, I can't see the problem.

If you don't want to read about him then dont.

Gosling
16-07-2005, 12:43 PM
I'd be very sad to see him warming the bench. Good luck to him, he worked hard for us and deserves a chance.

c_block_lad
16-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Behave.

Do you see any clubs fans going on players once they have left the club? And an overated one at that.

No.

They worry about players that currently play their club. Like we should. Lets worry about McAnuff and Co, rather than Routledge and Co.

AddiscombeEagle
16-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Behave.

Do you see any clubs fans going on players once they have left the club? And an overated one at that.

No.

They worry about players that currently play their club. Like we should. Lets worry about McAnuff and Co, rather than Routledge and Co.

Bollocks, are you telling me Liverpool supporters don't have a passing interest in how Michael Owen is doing or even Robbie Fowler.

Probably plenty of examples of other clubs doing exactly the same.

Gosling
16-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Indeed. I think the affection which Palace fans by and large have for their former players is something that sets us as a breed apart from most other football clubs.

saxo_demon22
16-07-2005, 12:50 PM
c_block, didn't you start a thread about Jamie Fullarton a few days back?

He's left the club. deal with it. Lets worry about McAnuff and Co, rather than Fullarton and Co.

AddiscombeEagle
16-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Gosling
Indeed. I think the affection which Palace fans by and large have for their former players is something that sets us as a breed apart from most other football clubs.

Agreed, if it makes me a Nigel, getting pleasure and a sense of pride that Nigel Martyn is still doing well or Clinton scoring for Ireland, then sign me up for the Nigel club.

Lion
16-07-2005, 01:03 PM
What's next from C_Block?

"Why are people donating for Geoff Thomas

He's left the club. deal with it. Lets worry about McAnuff and Co, rather than Thomas and Co."

kolinkins
16-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Behave.

Do you see any clubs fans going on players once they have left the club? And an overated one at that.

No.

They worry about players that currently play their club. Like we should. Lets worry about McAnuff and Co, rather than Routledge and Co.

you're talking attention seeking rubbish again.

If you dont want to talk about players who have left, why do you contribute to threads about players in Memoery Lane?

You think Arsenal fans will forget Viera? Or have Palace fans not had any interest in how Jansen, Morrison, Wright etc have got on after leaving Palace?

Geoff Thomas left Palace - did you not care when you heard of his illness?

kolinkins
16-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Lion
What's next from C_Block?

"Why are people donating for Geoff Thomas

He's left the club. deal with it. Lets worry about McAnuff and Co, rather than Thomas and Co."

Scary - same example, same time :)

saxo_demon22
16-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Out of interest, what's the current situation regarding the match? I didn't watch the second half.

jordanismygod
16-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Does he ever talk sense?

Mong!
16-07-2005, 01:23 PM
finished 2-2 i think

c_block_lad
16-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Laughable.

The players people are metioning are legends of their clubs.

Do you think Liverpool fans worry about Diouf? Man Utd fans about David May?

No of course dont bloody dont. Or nor should we.

zonin2000
16-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Billy Bollocks

kolinkins
16-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Laughable.

The players people are metioning are legends of their clubs.

Do you think Liverpool fans worry about Diouf? Man Utd fans about David May?

No of course dont bloody dont. Or nor should we.

I care a lot about a player without whom we would not have been promoted and enjoyed a season in the Premiership. The fact you dont says a lot about you. Unlike May and Diuof, Routledge was a huge success at Palace. It is no coincidence that our manager and chairman were desperate to keep him, his ex-manager (Bruce) was desperate to sign him, and the club with the best pool of young talent in the country has signed him.

So, what exactly do you know about football c_block?

PS: How are Fullerton and Frampton legends?

kolinkins
16-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
I am laughable.



Spot on

AddiscombeEagle
16-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Laughable.

The players people are metioning are legends of their clubs.

Do you think Liverpool fans worry about Diouf? Man Utd fans about David May?

No of course dont bloody dont. Or nor should we.

When did you mention Legends, when you were calling everyone Nigels.

eagles #1
16-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Damn, i want Routledge to fail...badly!

Sorry.

Fide et Fiducia
16-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
No, it's the nigel element going blah blah Routledge this blah blah Routledge that.

He's left the club.

Deal with it.

Irritating child.

Lion
16-07-2005, 03:02 PM
How long in the season do you think it'll take C_Block to moan about Fitz Hall this season?

kolinkins
16-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Lion
How long in the season do you think it'll take C_Block to moan about Fitz Hall this season?

At the match, around 32 seconds, when the ball is passed back to him.

On the BBS - around 6pm after the Luton match, when he starts a thread titled: "New Season, but this club is still a joke on and off the pitch".

Mong!
16-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Lion
How long in the season do you think it'll take C_Block to moan about Fitz Hall this season?

Oh god, don't remind him!

c_block_lad
16-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Lion
How long in the season do you think it'll take C_Block to moan about Fitz Hall this season?

This remains an intresting one.

I said all along Fitz Hall was out of his depth last season. The BBS average rating thread after the season finished confirmed this.

:)

sydney eagle
16-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins


On the BBS - around 6pm after the Luton match, when he starts a thread titled: "New Season, but this club is still a joke on and off the pitch". :D

c_block_lad
16-07-2005, 03:34 PM
It's laughable that Lion & Kolinko's conspire agaisnt me.

Unlike them I went to Palace matches last year.

:)

Lion
16-07-2005, 03:48 PM
I went to Palace matches last year too.

I'm failing to see your point?

c_block_lad
16-07-2005, 03:49 PM
But I believe, and correct me If Im wrong, you didnt have a S/T.

Hence I make my judgements up close, and not from 2nd half info from your "Buddies" on the internet.

saxo_demon22
16-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
This remains an intresting one.

I said all along Fitz Hall was out of his depth last season. The BBS average rating thread after the season finished confirmed this.

:D

Was one of our best players and remains a key asset!

saxo_demon22
16-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Damn, i want Routledge to fail...badly!

Sorry.

Doesn't look like he's going to.

matthew
16-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
But I believe, and correct me If Im wrong, you didnt have a S/T.

Hence I make my judgements up close, and not from 2nd half info from your "Buddies" on the internet.

You really are a knobhead sometimes C_Block.

c_block_lad
16-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by saxo_demon22
:D

Was one of our best players and remains a key asset!

LOL

Not according to the BBS thread....

c_block_lad
16-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by matthew
You really are a knobhead sometimes C_Block.

Bothered?

:clown:

zonin2000
16-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Bothered?

:clown:
Bothered.

kolinkins
16-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
It's laughable that Lion & Kolinko's conspire agaisnt me.

Unlike them I went to Palace matches last year.

:)

1 - it doesnt matter how many matches one went to

2 - where is it that you, your twin, Barry and Chunt have got this impression that I didnt go to any matches last season? I went to as many as I could, not that I have to justify it to you.


Clearly you think you know more about football than Francis, Bruce, Dowie, Symons, Jol and Arnesen. Ever thought of a career in football management?

kolinkins
16-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
LOL

Not according to the BBS thread....

So, in one post you say people's opinions on the internet should not be relied upon to judge Routledge

Then in another post, you use a BBS threas to justify opinion on Hall?

Which 1 is it?

matthew
16-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Bothered?

:clown:

You should be. Knobhead is not a word I use lightly:D

Steve H
16-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Never thought I'd hear Jamie Fullarton described as a legend. Now I've seen everything.

c_block_lad
16-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
1 - it doesnt matter how many matches one went to

2 - where is it that you, your twin, Barry and Chunt have got this impression that I didnt go to any matches last season? I went to as many as I could, not that I have to justify it to you.


Clearly you think you know more about football than Francis, Bruce, Dowie, Symons, Jol and Arnesen. Ever thought of a career in football management?

Cleary you think you know more about football than Francis, Dowie, Keegan et all. Have YOU ever thought about a career in football management?

After all, you dont rate Granville, and the above do.

RDSdaEAGLE
16-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Cleary you think you know more about football than Francis, Dowie, Keegan et all. Have YOU ever thought about a career in football management?

After all, you dont rate Granville, and the above do.

Who are you to judge who's a better Palace fan c_block? You got quite irked when I said that you shouldn't go to games if you hated our "cesspit sh!thole stadium" so much, yet you're happy to criticise someone's point of view because they don't go to as many games as you.

pete eagle
16-07-2005, 06:35 PM
I don't see the point of deliberately starting an argument C-Block, this is in World Of Football so if you don't want to talk about Routledge, don't contribute. I didn't come on to your Jamie Fullarton thread spouting why should we care what happens to him so why are you doing it?

Lion
16-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
But I believe, and correct me If Im wrong, you didnt have a S/T.

Hence I make my judgements up close, and not from 2nd half info from your "Buddies" on the internet.

Correct, I didn't. However I still paid the full price to go to a number of games, and have European Satalite so managed to see plenty of games thanks - nothing to do with someone's opnion from the Internet.

cpfc_spc1982
16-07-2005, 07:58 PM
tottenham will do ok this season. definite europe i think.

oz_da II
17-07-2005, 12:45 AM
It's not like c_block to start losing an argument and pull out the old "I've got a S/T, you don't" bull shit.

:rolleyes:

saxo_demon22
18-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
tottenham will do ok this season. definite europe i think.

I was thinking that too. They look strong and have cashed in on a few really hot prospects. Things look bright for them.

Dartford Lad
18-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I thought Routledge was very impressive for Tottenham today. Maybe he won't be consigned to the bench afterall and good luck to him. :)