PDA

View Full Version : Italian Football Season

Glazed Over
19-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Can anyone tell me when their season starts - I'll be over there for the end of August and beginning of September and would love to go to a game.

Would prefer a Serie A match if tickets are easy (and cheap!) to get hold of.

follow cpfc
19-07-2005, 04:54 PM
I think it is at the end of August. If you are planning to go i would loook in the football italia magazine it has some really good deals

Jim Cannon
19-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Where are you going to be? If you are anywhere near Turin you should have no trouble getting tickets for Juve as they have a massive stadium that is never full.

Adlerhorst
19-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Latvian will know.

Kirby
19-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Tickets should be easy to get hold of unless it's a massive game.

We went to see Inter v Reggina in May at the San Siro and it was half full. Our tickets were only about 15 and the hotel had them waiting for us when we arrived in Milan :p

If you don't pre book your tickets then you can purchase them at certain banks!

Adlerhorst
19-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
We went to see Inter v Reggina in May at the San Siro

Steep isn't it. Not the place to go with a hangover - felt i was going to fall off.

SpikeyMatt
19-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
Tickets should be easy to get hold of unless it's a massive game.

We went to see Inter v Reggina in May at the San Siro and it was half full. Our tickets were only about 15 and the hotel had them waiting for us when we arrived in Milan :p

If you don't pre book your tickets then you can purchase them at certain banks!

Banks?:confused:

Strange. Would love to go to a game at the San Siro though, will look into doing that at some point soon:)

RDSdaEAGLE
19-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Yup, banks sell tickets. Its a good idea though, most towns/cities have banks within walking distance of the average population.

The San Siro is a truely amazing stadium! I'll post up some pictures from our trip a little bit later. :p

SpikeyMatt
19-07-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm sure it does work very well and is a good idea.

Just seems a bit odd and random to me, "I'll have one of those mortgages please, oh, and a ticket for AC Milan vs. Roma".

Different footballing cultures eh? You gotta love 'em.

Adlerhorst
19-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by SpikeyMatt
Different footballing cultures eh? You gotta love 'em.

On this note - was in the San Paolo (Napoli) stadium in 1997 to see Italy vs Poland (World Cup qualifer). They start handing out sheets with the words of the Italian national anthem on? You'd think they would remember

CHE
20-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Fixtures not out yet and probably won't be until the cases of Genoa, Torino and Messina have been decided.

follow cpfc
20-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Juve never fill there ground. Enjoy your trip i hope it all works out for you.

Latvian Eagle
20-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by CHE
Fixtures not out yet and probably won't be until the cases of Genoa, Torino and Messina have been decided.

What's the latest CHE?! I know Torino, and Messina had been expelled, but I dare say they've appealed.

Is the Genoa thing linnked to "match fixing"?

:eek: It happens every season! There was that big bust up about a tam playing an ineligible player a couple of seasons back. Not to mention Fiorentina being invited to skip Serie C1, and go straight into Serie B. :clown:

Glazed Over
20-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the information chaps.

I would ideally like to go to Fiorentina, though would happily put up with Bologna and Sienna (though I think they're now Serie B), Empoli or Pisa.

CHE
21-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
What's the latest CHE?! I know Torino, and Messina had been expelled, but I dare say they've appealed.

Is the Genoa thing linnked to "match fixing"?

:eek: It happens every season! There was that big bust up about a tam playing an ineligible player a couple of seasons back. Not to mention Fiorentina being invited to skip Serie C1, and go straight into Serie B. :clown:

The Genoa thing IS alleged match fixing and is due to be adjudicated this weekend, I believe. It's not unusual for teams to be excluded from the list of participants due to not having sufficient funds, as with Torino and Messina. It has happened to Roma and Lazio in the recent past. Generally, but, not always, these teams are given a second chance.

I think the FIGC are a little bit more reticient about publishing fixtures now until everything is resolved, given the debacle a couple of years ago (which curiously enough involved Siena) which ended with them, as Latvian Eagle said, "leapfrogging" Fiorentina over Serie C1 straight into Serie B.

Of course, Fiorentina WERE expelled, and Napoli relegated, for financial problems in the recent past.

CHE
28-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Not sure what's happened with Torino and Messina, I have heard a rumour they have been excluded, but Genoa have been relegated to C1 and fined for matchfixing.

Steve H
28-07-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm pretty sure the first fixtures are on the weekend of the 27/28 August, but with no games the following weekend due to internationals.

CHE
30-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Right, as it stands, Torino, Messina and Genoa are all definitely OUT of Serie A for next season, leaving a league of 17 teams. However, Torino and Messina could be re-instated by another hearing on Tuesday next and all have the right of appeal.

I think only then will the fixtures be published.

GreatGonzo
30-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Steve H
I'm pretty sure the first fixtures are on the weekend of the 27/28 August, but with no games the following weekend due to internationals.

Inter site agrees with you on that!