PDA

View Full Version : Sj


sydnsteve
19-08-2005, 10:25 AM
I know there are always threads on our esteemed chairman, but he is a difficult person to work out. Ego the size of a house, possibly a bit of a bully? Says he is about to leave, and doesn't fund players when we need them in the Jan window. Suddenly he stumps up the cash when we are relegated for 3 new players (and possibly a few more), and when given the golden opportunity to make millions of quid by selling his prize asset, says it won't happen and doubles AJ's wages. As a result, not a single piece of speculation linking AJ with anyone else. Jordan has done what i did not think possible, and nor did any other football pundit, kept AJ, and apparently with him still playing well. I still think we should have sold him, but I really, really hope Jordan has got this one right.
So what drives him? Clearly not money or he'd have wiped out a lot of his debt by selling AJ. He could still do it in Jan, but it is a big gamble as if we are doing OK I don't think AJ would go, and if we're not he won't be scoring, and his price will be a lot lower (plus clubs with big money will have filled the striker positions by the end of august). I used to be more or less in the James Mitchell camp as far as SJ is concerned, but I think he deserves a lot of credit over the way he has stuck to his position on AJ.

Richard
19-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Good points sydnsteve. Jordan is certainly making fewer and fewer errors, and getting someone in to do his PR was definitely a good idea. I was also impressed that he kept AJ and, although it will be interesting to see what the end cost is to the club, it was certainly a gutsy decision.

Jordan's turnaround from his desire to sell 15 months ago is remarkable, but in terms of what drives him, I find it hard to see past his ego ...

GUCCI Eagle
19-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Richard
and getting someone in to do his PR was definitely a good idea.

Needs to get his money back though.

brb rule
19-08-2005, 10:55 AM
This will be AJ's last season even if we get promoted & SJ knows it.

Fairweatherboy#
19-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
I know there are always threads on our esteemed chairman, but he is a difficult person to work out. Ego the size of a house, possibly a bit of a bully? Says he is about to leave, and doesn't fund players when we need them in the Jan window. Suddenly he stumps up the cash when we are relegated for 3 new players (and possibly a few more), and when given the golden opportunity to make millions of quid by selling his prize asset, says it won't happen and doubles AJ's wages. As a result, not a single piece of speculation linking AJ with anyone else. Jordan has done what i did not think possible, and nor did any other football pundit, kept AJ, and apparently with him still playing well. I still think we should have sold him, but I really, really hope Jordan has got this one right.
So what drives him? Clearly not money or he'd have wiped out a lot of his debt by selling AJ. He could still do it in Jan, but it is a big gamble as if we are doing OK I don't think AJ would go, and if we're not he won't be scoring, and his price will be a lot lower (plus clubs with big money will have filled the striker positions by the end of august). I used to be more or less in the James Mitchell camp as far as SJ is concerned, but I think he deserves a lot of credit over the way he has stuck to his position on AJ.

Jordan will not be told what to do by anyone - especially agents who are trying to rip him off,

The bloke in my opinion is class :p

Richard
19-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Fairweatherboy#
Jordan will not be told what to do by anyone - especially agents who are trying to rip him off,

The bloke in my opinion is class :p I must confess that "Class" isn't the word I would use ...

CommercialStone
19-08-2005, 12:44 PM
I think he is a Palace fan who seems to do the opposite to what is the obvious thing to do. He was going to sell up, as soon as it was mentioned in the papers he changed his mind. He was gonna sell AJ and as soon as ther papers said "Palace will never hold on to AJ and that he had to leave to get in the England squad" he busted his B**ox to keep him. I think he see's what is said or what seems to be the sensible thing to do and then does the complete opposite. Probably to prove to himself and others that he can do what he wants and wont be dictated to by anyone.

Fairweatherboy#
19-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by CommercialStone
I think he is a Palace fan who seems to do the opposite to what is the obvious thing to do. He was going to sell up, as soon as it was mentioned in the papers he changed his mind. He was gonna sell AJ and as soon as ther papers said "Palace will never hold on to AJ and that he had to leave to get in the England squad" he busted his B**ox to keep him. I think he see's what is said or what seems to be the sensible thing to do and then does the complete opposite. Probably to prove to himself and others that he can do what he wants and wont be dictated to by anyone.

Yep my point exectly except you put it better than I did :p

Mad Max
19-08-2005, 02:07 PM
If he is a Palace fan who does the opposite to the obvious lets get it into the papers that he`s adamant he won`t spend any more money on Palace.
I think the bloke is a top banana and my only wish would be to put him in the same room as that scuz Noades and watch him chin him

Fairweatherboy#
19-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Mad Max
If he is a Palace fan who does the opposite to the obvious lets get it into the papers that he`s adamant he won`t spend any more money on Palace.
I think the bloke is a top banana and my only wish would be to put him in the same room as that scuz Noades and watch him chin him

Exactly Noades would have cashed in on AJ long ago