PDA

View Full Version : Online Poker Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

SamTheOldGoat
03-12-2006, 03:03 AM
I have seen just on recent hand histories uploaded that A10, KK, K9, JJ are my LARGEST losing hands, compared to AA, QQ, 10J, 88, 77, 22 which have earnt me the most by quite a long way. Obv going to be a little bit more selective now, and it's not even like I call raises with A10 or K9!

DANCOO
03-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by SamTheOldGoat
I have seen just on recent hand histories uploaded that A10, KK, K9, JJ are my LARGEST losing hands, compared to AA, QQ, 10J, 88, 77, 22 which have earnt me the most by quite a long way. Obv going to be a little bit more selective now, and it's not even like I call raises with A10 or K9!

KK is one of my biggest winning hands.:moo: :D

SamTheOldGoat
03-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Tbh, I think it's because on one day I lost 3 all ins Pre Flop worth $150+ each time :D

Strathclyde Eagle
03-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Couple of quick questions re tournament situations I've been in. The opponents I'm up against I didn't have any notes on.

Situation 1: In the blinds with QQ. There has been one raiser and one caller when the decision comes my way. I come over the top for 300 and the original raiser folds. However the caller behind him re-raises to 750. What would you do?

(I re-raised all-in and he called. He had AK and the two Kings on the flop left me crippled.)

Situation 2: I've started another tournament quite well and am dealt 88 on the button. There is one raiser and about four limpers ahead of me so I just call. However one of the blinds then goes all-in. Everyone up to me folds. It is about 650 to call with 1370 in the middle. If I lose I've got about 1200 left with blinds still at 10/20. Do you call?

(I called as I thought the pot odds made it worth it, was up against AK and it held up.)

Don't think I've hit a set yet at Poker Stars. So much for hitting a set once every seven times you have a pocket pair! (I know, I know, it's variance.)

I'm also signing up for the "I've been outdrawn club". All in on my last STT with AJos, called by chip leader with A4, 4 on the flop to knock me out. On the bubble as well. :sob:

SamTheOldGoat
03-12-2006, 07:14 PM
I think with QQ, I would have flat called his reraise in situation 1, putting him on AK, and get ready to pass......

I think you did everything right in situation 2 as well..

Anyway, that's my view :)

I don't want to take the piss but I've hit 4/4 sets this afternoon on PS :D

SamTheOldGoat
03-12-2006, 07:19 PM
ps, Strathclyde, what's your PS username?!

DANCOO
03-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Couple of quick questions re tournament situations I've been in. The opponents I'm up against I didn't have any notes on.

Situation 1: In the blinds with QQ. There has been one raiser and one caller when the decision comes my way. I come over the top for 300 and the original raiser folds. However the caller behind him re-raises to 750. What would you do?

(I re-raised all-in and he called. He had AK and the two Kings on the flop left me crippled.)

Without knowing buy-in price, chip stacks, and positions it's difficult to comment accurately, but...
If it were a 4 or 5 x BB from UTG or early, then the initial raiser could have anything from 99 - AA or AQ/AK. The player who called I would immediately put on something like 10's J's or AK (QQ is unlikely as it is what you have, and I would expect a re-raise from KK or AA), although a very loose player could have a low/mid pair or AQ.
Your re-raise is good as it helps you see a little better where you are in the hand, but if the initial raise was nearer 6 or 7 x BB with a caller, a flat call could be viable also. The intital raiser who then folded probably had a mid pair or AQ/KQ. The re-raise from the first caller is a little wierd, and he appears to be trying to represent AA, but seeing as he only called the first raise, I would probably have put him on AK.

Situation 2: I've started another tournament quite well and am dealt 88 on the button. There is one raiser and about four limpers ahead of me so I just call. However one of the blinds then goes all-in. Everyone up to me folds. It is about 650 to call with 1370 in the middle. If I lose I've got about 1200 left with blinds still at 10/20. Do you call?

(I called as I thought the pot odds made it worth it, was up against AK and it held up.)

Once again, it depends on stacks/positions, but I might have folded 88. He seems to be fairly short stacked, and against five other players it's perfectly reasonable to push with any big pair aswell as AK.
Saying that though, if I'm happy about my play and I have a good chip stack, I may make the call. Your position forces the other players out, so you could probably assume maybe a couple of aces have been folded, reducing the types of hands he could have - maybe putting him on a bigger pair, rather than AK.

I'm also signing up for the "I've been outdrawn club". All in on my last STT with AJos, called by chip leader with A4, 4 on the flop to knock me out. On the bubble as well. :sob:

You can have my membership to that, I'm turning it in. This thread (as someone alse previously mentioned), is turning into a bit of a bad-beat haven, and I wish to take no further part in that side of things.:)

Strathclyde Eagle
03-12-2006, 08:24 PM
ps, Strathclyde, what's your PS username?!
Bad Call Deluxe. :D I did look back in the thread to see if I could give someone a referral but as mentioned PS don't do them.

Kinda happier with the second call rather than the first, obviously partly due to the result but also it wouldn't have left me crippled had I lost with it.
Originally posted by DANCOO
You can have my membership to that, I'm turning it in. This thread (as someone alse previously mentioned), is turning into a bit of a bad-beat haven, and I wish to take no further part in that side of things.:)
Not so much a bad beat, but I'm pretty card dead lately it seems. The worst part is the mentality behind it. I'm expecting to be outdrawn, have overcards come, not get sets, not hit draws, etc. Bad beats I can handle, the grind of having to put hands down or repeatedly fold pre-flop is worse.

BringBackSasa
03-12-2006, 08:27 PM
I played a freeroll yesterday after a week off, following another terrible run. 500 entrants, final table gets paid. I make the final table by the skin of my teeth in 10th, then somehow get down to heads up. He offers a split as we both had about the same chips. I accepted and went on to lose, although my game changed once I knew we were splitting. Picked up $1,750. Much needed because I'm hella broke.

DANCOO
03-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Now, I'm not moaning about a bad beat here, but I would just like to let it be known, that there is nothing more annoying than calling an all-in holding a big PP, to be up against AKos, and the AKos winning by not pairing, but by hitting a river flush with the K - especially when the player you are up against is very agressive and has been pushing all-in a lot.

SamTheOldGoat
04-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Grrrrrrrrr! Know what you mean, as you know I don't advocate spouting about bad beats, but for some reason I was playing 50.1 PL last night, pick up 9 10, someone makes it pot, I call, flop 9, 10, 4, it goes pot pot pot, pre turn so both all in, turn Q, river 4, HE HAS AA!

FFS! :D

Micky Droy
04-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Grrrrrrrrr! Know what you mean, as you know I don't advocate spouting about bad beats, but for some reason I was playing 50.1 PL last night, pick up 9 10, someone makes it pot, I call, flop 9, 10, 4, it goes pot pot pot, pre turn so both all in, turn Q, river 4, HE HAS AA!

FFS! :D

Why is that a bad beat? He went in big with the overpair on the flop. Even on the river he had eight outs.

Well I suppose it is a bad beat in terms of you having an odds advantage, but the number of times 2 pair is brittle against an overpair, and he didn't play it incorrectly....

Micky Droy
04-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by David Amsalem
How do you play hands when you are 99% sure somebody is bluffing but you haven't hit.

I made a play today and I'm curious about what you think.

$10 STT, 10 handed. Blinds 15/30.

Four people in the hand, the person after the button raised to 110. The rest called, me in second position holding KQs.

Flop is rainbow 2 5 9.

Based on the previous play and how these other three have played there hands, I know nobody has hit but because of the raise I know that I'll be behind because somebody will be holding an ace.

The player who acts first I put on an Ace because he made the initial raise. He bets half the pot.

Because of this play, I think that he is trying to steal it knowing that nobody has hit. Obviously, I'm not holding a better hand but I know he hasn't hit. I bet the value of the pot now in an attempt to steal it.

The next two fold but he calls. Anyway, he checks the turn, I bet a quarter of the pot knowing if I'm to win the hand, I'm going to have to bet it. He calls. The same happens at the river. Sure enough, he turns over AJ and takes the pot.

Now, firstly, what do you think of my play? I don't know which view to look at it from - 1) you're behind, don't raise or 2) you put him on a hand that hasn't hit, you've been playing super tight, so try show that you've hit and take the pot.

He called a massive re-raise with A high. With a super tight image, surely he would have put me on a hand.

What does everybody think? Looking for some constructive replies and information on how you play hands where you are behind but know that they haven't hit based on there previous hands.

You should have folded.

Your opponent is putting in a meaty raise from an early position. There were 4 people in the hand still, so if he is bluffing then he is trying to bluff multiple players from poor position, and is thus either a poor player or an astounding one. You should assume, then, that if you are right and he is bluffing he is a cavalier gambler who will call your raise.

In short, a player who bluffs big from early position in a multiway pot is unlikely to be the sort of player to respect a bluff raise.

SamTheOldGoat
04-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Indeed, it's not a bad beat, I just got an unlucky river............ I don't moan/whinge or dwell on bad beats, just reload and do it all over again :)

saul1664
04-12-2006, 09:53 PM
changed poker client and crippled when straight ran into flopped full house 78 with 778 on flop!

DANCOO
04-12-2006, 10:56 PM
LMFAO :D :D

Last night I entered a 'Cruise Daily Final' freeroll, 10 places won daily final seats for this evening.
There were over 800 entrants and I was just entering for a muck about really as I figured it would take around 6 hours to complete anyway. Just as it was about to start I realised that it was a turbo with 3 minute blinds, so decided to play it seriously and won a seat to the daily final this evening.

40+ players start, after the first break and all buy-ins used - top 6 got seats, with 7th getting $505 (the actual seats are worth $500 + $50, so not worth a great deal more than the cash place).
Anyway, I make the final table and it gets down to 8 players.
Now, I've not been fairing too well on the tables recently and quite fancy the $505.
As soon as 8th goes out, I ask everyone if they want the seat, as I would prefer the cash. Before I get a reply there's an immediate all-in. I call with my 24 and I'm up against 64. The pot is chopped and it is obvious this other bloke wants the cash aswell. Break comes straight away and someone suggests me going all-in and they will all call (I'm short stacked), and they will try and win the hand off me.

This is where I started pissing myself.

Straight after the break, the other bloke is in front of me and pushes all-in from early, and I'm sitting there with A10, and type it up on the text bit and then fold. Suddenly one of the other players goes 'Oy everyone, let's all fold and give the other bloke all the blinds'...and that's what they did...and that's what they continued to do until I pushed all in with my Q5 and got knocked out in 7th at the same time as the other bloke (but he had got a bigger a chip stack due to all the blinds he had been collecting).:D:D

Probably had to be there to really appreciate what was going on, but still, made me laugh.:)

SamTheOldGoat
05-12-2006, 12:16 AM
PMSL! QUALITY!

Would have loved to have watched that! So you took the $505? Nice score Dan, worth it, especially considering yo uwere only doing it for a laugh to begin wtih!

On Stars you can unregister if you qualify for big tournaments, not possible on Laddies?

Reps AJ
05-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Finally got Poker Office working properly and I like what I see. Only playing $1\$2 limit hold 'em so I can see how the software works and it was immediately obvious who was the calling station and how was the aggressive raiser (you could tell simply by watching the game, but having the stats there was great).

Finished $60 up for the evening, which is part of my cunning new plan to play slow and steady for a while and build up some cash - rather than trying to shoot for the stars and blowing all my money :D

saul1664
05-12-2006, 01:19 AM
2nd time i've been dominated by suited connectors, heads up QA plays 89, 89 on flop, 9 on river for salt in the wounds. Playing maharajah poker, which uses the virgin interface, seems to cater more for GMT players, lots of tourneys at sensible times with good runners. STT are either 5 or 10 players and blind levels go up quite quickly which is good

DANCOO
05-12-2006, 09:10 AM
PMSL! QUALITY!

Would have loved to have watched that! So you took the $505? Nice score Dan, worth it, especially considering yo uwere only doing it for a laugh to begin wtih!

On Stars you can unregister if you qualify for big tournaments, not possible on Laddies?

Yeah, took the cash. If it was around $300, I would have gone for the seat, but considering the cash was nearly the buy-in I figuired I'd prefer that.
Don't know about unregistering, but if you were to say, win a two seats to a live tournament, I think you can cash one in for a percentage of it's value.

Couple of observations.

1. IMO playing omaha hi/lo is a REALLY good way to improve your holdem. With omaha (as you know STOG), you really have to know what the nuts are, and different variations of hands other people could have, and be prepared to lay down big hands. I have found the thought process transfers pretty well to holdem and I'm thinking a lot more about other hands.

2. Using Poker Office 2 - EVERYONE at the final table was a variation of a tight player, be it tight/agressive, tight/passive or tight/neutral preflop to agressive/passive/neutral postflop.

KevTheOptimist
05-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Has anyone found hand histories on betfair yet? They talk about it in their FAQ but I still can't find it

SamTheOldGoat
05-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Afraid not Kev, is it still slow and messed up or have Betfair sorted the poker side of their site?!?

Started to multi 0.50/1 sitting down with $50 at a time, which is unusual for me, but proving quite effective.

Was a bit scared on the turn/river of this hand though! Set over set, never getting away from it!

KK V QQ HH (http://www.pokerhand.org/?651519)

DANCOO
05-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Waiting to get on a hi/lo table, I just witness this crazy hand.

EVERYONE who was in the hand bet, raised, re-raised and all called post-flop until everyone was all-in!

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/3382/pokersh2.jpg

Reps AJ
05-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Reps AJ
Finished $60 up for the evening, which is part of my cunning new plan to play slow and steady for a while and build up some cash - rather than trying to shoot for the stars and blowing all my money :D

Day 2 of cunning plan and another $70 into the pot :)

Small stuff, but I've got some boiler repairs to pay for :sob: :sob:

saul1664
05-12-2006, 11:36 PM
now this is nice, unfortunately micro limit

KA hearts, flop 10 J Q

only 3 in pot

check flop

turn 8

call 0.20$ to build pot, called for $2.10, flat call other guy flat calls as well

river 2

no flushes or full houses

first on button check to show weakness

the guy to the left raises $7, next guy all in for $11, I push all in (only had $9 on table)

my 10 to A str8 up against to 9 to K str8

$30 pot nice

SamTheOldGoat
06-12-2006, 01:46 AM
Waiting to get on a hi/lo table, I just witness this crazy hand.

EVERYONE who was in the hand bet, raised, re-raised and all called post-flop until everyone was all-in!

Errr............. WTF are half those hands even doing in the pot, especially 7778?!??! LMFAO

oz_da II
06-12-2006, 03:09 AM
Well….. My “poker” laptop blew up the other night (luckily I wasn’t in a big hand). It was a 6 year old Tiny laptop (I use an iBook Mac for all my other computing needs). Does anyone here have any suggestions on buying a cheap no frills laptop for poker use only?

Of course I haven’t backed up Poker Office 2 or my database of over 6000 hands…
Not sure what I can do about that as I’ve had no joy getting the piece of junk booting up again (unmountable boot volume, tried heaps of “solutions”).

:grrr:

grey ghost
06-12-2006, 07:16 AM
talk about bad beats

was in a heads up , last two in a $10 ,10 man sit tourney

i have 12500 chips against his 2500

blinds 500 and 1000

i have ak (bb) he has 5 3 suited , he goes all in ,
flop A K 3 , turn 3 , river 3

ok , my 10grand against his 5
i get kk , all in , he calls with Q 9 suited
flop 10 , 2, 8 turn 4 river j for his straight

ok my 5 grand against his 10 grand
A 9 suited for me , all in , against his 10 , 7
flop 4, 8 , 9 turn 2 river j

3 hands to all winning , all rivered to come second in the tourney
i had to laugh (and so did he )

knowlesyUCLA
06-12-2006, 07:28 AM
has anyone on the bbs ever hit a royal flush? im sure this has been asked before on one of the countless other pages in this thread. i have been lucky enough to only once. if i can work out how to attach the screenshot i will.

http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=90086_239482_122_331lo.JPG

Strathclyde Eagle
06-12-2006, 08:29 AM
DANCOO is collecting those in different suits these days (not joking).

DANCOO
06-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by oz_da II
Not sure what I can do about that as I’ve had no joy getting the piece of junk booting up again (unmountable boot volume, tried heaps of “solutions”).

:grrr:

I hope you've posted that error on the BBS's very own 'Computers and Gaming' thread?;)

DANCOO
06-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by knowlesyUCLA
has anyone on the bbs ever hit a royal flush? im sure this has been asked before on one of the countless other pages in this thread. i have been lucky enough to only once. if i can work out how to attach the screenshot i will.

http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=90086_239482_122_331lo.JPG

DANCOO is collecting those in different suits these days (not joking).

As posted previously, I have had a Royal Flush of each suit, but this one has got to be my favourite. Other player raises, I re-raise all-in, he calls with AA. So it is my AJs v AA.

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5679/poker2af4.gif
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5679/poker2af4.gif
:D

SamTheOldGoat
06-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Just the one R.F, in spades, on InterPoker, will try and find the screenshot...

Strathclyde Eagle
06-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Yikes, haven't cashed in five straight STTs and now I've just doubled up the fish at the table in my current one. :clown:

Strathclyde Eagle
06-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Totally card dead. Only finished 6th in that through attrition. Played tight but left without any fold equity when I went all in pocket Queens.

Playing a HORSE game just for fun. Let's see if I do any better there. :)

Strathclyde Eagle
06-12-2006, 04:41 PM
The good and the bad.

First hand... thought I had a straight. Didn't realise I was missing a 3. :clown:

Second hand... first set on Poker Stars. Only took about a week! :lux:

Strathclyde Eagle
06-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Okay, thoughts on HORSE...

1) Thank goodness this is only $3. :D
2) How does the low part of Omaha High-Low work? I took the high part of one hand with a flush, but someone else got the Low with 8,5,4,3,2. Are you trying to get the worst possible hand (like Razz)? (Found a chart of qualifying hands - looks that way.)
3) Razz - oh great, I'm losing antes. Can't just sit here, fold and lose just a small blind and big blind.
4) Okay, the players winning the Razz hands seem to be the ones with low cards showing. Fold the high stuff, see if we can do something with low cards showing.
5) And we're onto 7CS before we know it. Have three diamonds showing but don't make my flush on the 7th card. Try a bluff and get called, ugh. I'm hopeless at 7CS. Back down to 8th out of 8 I go.
6) Return to limit. Due to me folding a lot through eight-or-better I'm back up to 5th. :cool: Have to remember that no-one can see my cards any more.
7) Ugh, I really needed cards in limit. Had an open-ended straight draw that failed to hit which really hurt, especially with blinds up at 100/200.
8) Out in the return to Omaha h/l. Hit two pair on the flop and had to go all-in given how short-stacked I was. Beaten by a straight.

Good fun though, pretty interesting.

DANCOO
06-12-2006, 06:46 PM

2) How does the low part of Omaha High-Low work? I took the high part of one hand with a flush, but someone else got the Low with 8,5,4,3,2. Are you trying to get the worst possible hand (like Razz)? (Found a chart of qualifying hands - looks that way.)

You win the low part by getting the lowest qualifying hand - five cards between A - 8, straights and flushes don't count.
So the best possible low hand is A2345 (remember, starights don't count against a low hand).
You have to be very careful with hi/lo when playing for the low (and in some instances the hi aswell), as you can lose money even when holding the nuts.
If there are three players in the pot, it is perfectly feasable for more than one player to have A2 (for example).
Say the flop comes 367. Two of you have the nut low as it stands with A2367, but another player may be holding the 45 for a straight (he has a qualifying lo aswell, but the other two players lows are better).
Because the pots are split first between hi/lo, and then between any tied hands, you will only win a quarter of the pot, as will the other player with the low hand.
Example, if the player with the hi bets 100, and both of the lows call, you will only win 75 from the pot, a loss of 25.

saul1664
06-12-2006, 09:49 PM
hell $30 tourney $2300 to the winner, chip stack getting chipped away but still just about comfortable in about 40th, have 10 Q, pair on river call all in as I'm fairly short stacked to double up, called on drawing hand no pair on board JK, Ace on river makes straight. Killer.

DANCOO
06-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Haven't seen any of this years world series yet, and have been watching the main event over the last couple of days.
Two words : Eric Molina :veryangry

Strathclyde Eagle
07-12-2006, 12:14 AM
I've been Sky plussing it. I think tonight's (I'm on the Challenge+1 coverage) has the altercation between Friedman and the other guy who he accuses of stealing his chips.

Molina looks like he could do with a battering, although the incident where he got the penalty for swearing when everyone else at the table was reporting him for it did look like a scene from a playground. :D

DANCOO
07-12-2006, 12:43 AM
I've been Sky plussing it. I think tonight's (I'm on the Challenge+1 coverage) has the altercation between Friedman and the other guy who he accuses of stealing his chips.

Molina looks like he could do with a battering, although the incident where he got the penalty for swearing when everyone else at the table was reporting him for it did look like a scene from a playground. :D

Yeah, the 'Chip Steal' episode is very funny, gets quite serious at one point.

DANCOO
07-12-2006, 12:46 AM
SICK.

I know I said I wouldn't, but I'm furious.

Approaching final table (13 players left), chip leader is an absolute maniac. I've been playing perfectly bar one loose call earlier on for most of my stack.

Anyway, I reraise the maniac all in about 6 x pot with JJ. He calls with 33 and spikes a 3 on the flop. Would have made me chip leader and very confident of a nice payout.

:veryangry

oz_da II
07-12-2006, 02:08 AM

Friedman didn't accuse him of stealing his chips.

From memory, it was an argument over not putting in the ante for one hand. Friedman had nothing to do with it (an "observer"). When the anti's went in the dealer found it to be one chip short. Everyone figured it was the small blind and the SB was happy to put in the missing ante. Friedman accused Lisandro (coincidently the only other pro at the table) of not putting in the ante. He denied this and Friedman wouldn't stop accusing him which started to get under the skin of Lisandro where he evntually tells him he's going to knock his head off if he doesn't stop.

It was clearly a case of Friedman trying to wind up his closest competition at the table (video replay shows Lisandro putting his ante in and the small blind not putting his in).

oz_da II
07-12-2006, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by knowlesyUCLA
has anyone on the bbs ever hit a royal flush?

Spades and Clubs.

One of them was showing a few mates how to play. :(
The other one collected about $5... :moo:

KevTheOptimist
07-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Terrible night last night.

Put $100 on a table, first hand AQ hit the Q on a raggy flop. End up all in and beaten by KK.

Reload for another $100, 3 maybe 4 hands later, make a set of 8's on another raggy flop. a 4 on the river seals the deal for matey holding 53 to make his st8.

At this point I confess to being slightly on tilt and reload for $393 and go up a blind to $2.50/$5 and after being up for quite a while I ended up another $100 down after a crap call thinking I was winning a hand with a st8.

Bad news people.

Strathclyde Eagle
07-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Friedman didn't accuse him of stealing his chips.

From memory, it was an argument over not putting in the ante for one hand. Friedman had nothing to do with it (an "observer"). When the anti's went in the dealer found it to be one chip short. Everyone figured it was the small blind and the SB was happy to put in the missing ante. Friedman accused Lisandro (coincidently the only other pro at the table) of not putting in the ante. He denied this and Friedman wouldn't stop accusing him which started to get under the skin of Lisandro where he evntually tells him he's going to knock his head off if he doesn't stop.

It was clearly a case of Friedman trying to wind up his closest competition at the table (video replay shows Lisandro putting his ante in and the small blind not putting his in).
That's what I'd read somewhere. Saw it this morning (off work this week) and it was quite weird viewing, especially as the supposed victim was very quiet throughout the whole matter.

oz_da II
07-12-2006, 09:52 PM
That's what I'd read somewhere. Saw it this morning (off work this week) and it was quite weird viewing, especially as the supposed victim was very quiet throughout the whole matter.

The victim knew the score. Clearly a wind up on Friedman's part and it worked...

One of Friedman's last hands, played against Gold, is very interesting viewing.

saul1664
07-12-2006, 10:27 PM
aggggghhh terrible play

blinds 15/30

Qs As

raised to 120, several callers

flop A A Js

call again for 120 turn 4 or 5 callers

turn heart, river heart

3 hearts on board, so flush draw out there, raised 480, put him on flush draw as he has just flat called everything, i fold he turns over A7, now has 5,200 chips, I'm down to 1,200!!!

saul1664
07-12-2006, 10:29 PM
next hand

AA plays QQ

board has 5 hearts, AA & QQ other suits

split pot

saul1664
07-12-2006, 11:19 PM
down to remaining few chips now, QK hits Q 3 5 rainbow, rise significantly and get called all in, call he has 3 5 holds up, again too passive pre flop i think

RichieG
07-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Seeing as you're obviously going to force us all to continue reading your nightly bad beat litany, could you at least write decent English, and stop saying call when you mean bet.

;)

Reps AJ
07-12-2006, 11:33 PM
:veryangry :veryangry I'm really annoyed. I came up with a set of rules to give me some discipline on the cash tables and I followed it for 3 nights for a $200 profit. Tonight I not only ignored my profit limit (ie when to stop playing as I've won enough for the night), I then ignored my loss limit and went on tilt. The whole point of these limits is to stop me being an @rse :bash:

DANCOO
08-12-2006, 12:22 AM
The victim knew the score. Clearly a wind up on Friedman's part and it worked...

Po-ker is fun, for ev-ery-one,
except for my op-ponents,
they shoulda practiced avoid-ance.:D

That may go way over your head if you didn't see it. :)

DANCOO
08-12-2006, 12:30 AM

:p

Sick. A 100% amazing read, but he just couldn't follow through with it.

Strathclyde Eagle
08-12-2006, 12:33 AM
D'oh! Forgot all about it and now too late to get it Challenge+1. :bash:

DANCOO
08-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Just saw Roseman get knocked out, commentator said he was on 'Who Wants to be a millionaire' in the nineties, and got the first question wrong.:clown:

DANCOO
08-12-2006, 12:41 AM
WTF is the deal with Jamie Gold and him not wanting to knock players out?

saul1664
08-12-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by RichieG
Seeing as you're obviously going to force us all to continue reading your nightly bad beat litany, could you at least write decent English, and stop saying call when you mean bet.

;)

I've never actually put a bad beat on here. Put the first one on because although I thought I played it badly, wonder what anyone else would have done. Again 2nd hand probably showed weakness pre flop. English takes a back seat when I'm typing and tourneying at the same time. Won 2 and 2nd in last 3 consecutive STT's so I'm not always moaning. My QK all in against AQ hit KKK to start me off, and to prove that low stacks always suck out, his remaining 140 chips got crushed next hand when my 29 flopped 992 :eek:

SamTheOldGoat
08-12-2006, 01:41 AM
Can people reporting hands use pokerhand.org, so much easier to see it!

Prahlad (Friedman) is a SUPERB player, watch him online often, absolute sicko, and the rap was amusing!

Jamie Gold= FIRST CLASS PRICK

oz_da II
08-12-2006, 02:26 AM
Prahlad (Friedman) is a SUPERB player, watch him online often, absolute sicko, and the rap was amusing!

Superb read on Gold (told him exactly what hand Gold had), then ended up folding the best hand.
Always go on first instinct...

oz_da II
08-12-2006, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by saul1664
I've never actually put a bad beat on here. Put the first one on because although I thought I played it badly, wonder what anyone else would have done. Again 2nd hand probably showed weakness pre flop. English takes a back seat when I'm typing and tourneying at the same time.

If you want proper analysis of your hands, as STG says, put your hand through a "poker hand reader". I'd also recommend concentrating on your tourney instead of posting your hand right away. You never know what you might miss...

Not sure about your first statement... :moo:

saul1664
08-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Well it's true. Bad beats are something like KKKK going down to AAAA or royal flush, mine are mostly being outdrawn. I was concerned with the amount of times I was being outdrawn, must have been outdrawn about 12 times in a row when strong favourite everytime, which is why I stopped using betfair, now seem to be more consistent in being outdrawn and outdrawing people about the same amount of times. I have a theory why it keeps happening on betfair though.

PoolKing
08-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I have a theory why it keeps happening on betfair though.

What is this theory?

saul1664
08-12-2006, 09:16 AM
The software is bugged, chronically slow, levels are 15 minutes, starting stack 2000 chips. Even so you are lucky to see 10 flops per level due to the slow speed and freeze ups, so players get bored and call sizable raises and all-ins with anything, meaning it's easier to get outdrawn. 57 runner tourneys take minimum 3 hours 45 minutes to over 5 hours. It's actually hard to find a tourney with a good number of players in it. Also instead of top 10 or top 20 getting in the prize money it's now 9, 18 etc. so players tighten up even more.

PoolKing
08-12-2006, 09:23 AM
The software is bugged, chronically slow, levels are 15 minutes, starting stack 2000 chips. Even so you are lucky to see 10 flops per level due to the slow speed and freeze ups, so players get bored and call sizable raises and all-ins with anything, meaning it's easier to get outdrawn. 57 runner tourneys take minimum 3 hours 45 minutes to over 5 hours. It's actually hard to find a tourney with a good number of players in it. Also instead of top 10 or top 20 getting in the prize money it's now 9, 18 etc. so players tighten up even more.

I did actually download the software and from first glance it appeared a mess but given all you say above it is a wonder that they are still getting any business at all, they must be losing a lot of custom after the software change.

saul1664
08-12-2006, 09:56 AM
tourneys used to attract 200 to 500 players, now you'll be lucky if you hit 100

KevTheOptimist
08-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Am not happy with Betfair. As a result I never play their tournies, only cash.

Laddies for tournies, Betfair for cash.

saul1664
08-12-2006, 10:35 AM
dunno, kept getting outdrawn there cash and tourneys, including two horrible consecutive beats at the same time. Funny morning, won STT, then lost another and up and down on cash game like a yo yo, should have stopped after my first :clown:

saul1664
08-12-2006, 10:37 AM
cash table was crap as well, huge raises on 10 J Q K boards for the winner to be holding K9, unfortunately never caught anything to punish them

DANCOO
08-12-2006, 11:01 PM
A heads up for Strathclyde - WSOP 2006 :p

Strathclyde Eagle
08-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Ta, just in from seeing friends. Am Sky plussing the +1 coverage. :p

Quite like Norman Chad. My Mrs thinks he looks like a neighbour of ours as well. :D

Funk Butter
09-12-2006, 12:05 AM
WTF is the deal with Jamie Gold and him not wanting to knock players out?
The guy is a complete dick and I'm amazed he hasn't gotten a complete hammerdown for his part in colluding with other players at the WSOP. As well as possibly getting an extra $2M in chips toward the end of the day on an accounting error and not reporting it. (although its possible that somebody else got those chips) I hope he gets his nuts squashed.

DANCOO
09-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Funk Butter
The guy is a complete dick and I'm amazed he hasn't gotten a complete hammerdown for his part in colluding with other players at the WSOP. As well as possibly getting an extra $2M in chips toward the end of the day on an accounting error and not reporting it. (although its possible that somebody else got those chips) I hope he gets his nuts squashed.

Hiya Funk, long time no post.:hi:

Was he actually colluding though? If he was, then the other players deserve as much of a going over also.

Funk Butter
09-12-2006, 03:53 AM
Hiya Funk, long time no post.:hi:

Was he actually colluding though? If he was, then the other players deserve as much of a going over also.
Yeah, haven't been playing much lately. But have discovered that NLHE isn't my game. Pot Limit Omaha seems to be my game. Have had a great run lately on the multi-tables. 5 Cashes in the last 7 tourneys including 3 final tables.

Back to Gold. The guy was totally thumbing his nose at the rules. You had him talking about his hand, which is usually a no-no, especially when you aren't lying. He was exposing his cards during the hand, which should have killed his hand. And then you have the collusion.

Here's a video of the top-top hand. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBABP1pUB18) He's up against a guy from his home casino. Its pretty obvious something fishy is going on here. And here is a quote by him in Bluff Magazine:

"So every day I'd come to the table and everyone would freak out, and there'd be this guy sitting next to me who was practically in tears because he knew could never raise a hand. So I said, "No, listen, think about it like this: No one can raise you, because they're raising me after you. You're in a great spot, and here's the deal. In return for this protection, every time I tell you to lay down your hand, you lay down your hand. And they all said okay. So I would look at my cards before the guy to my right, and then I'd say, 'OK, you're cool; proceed...' or 'Nope. Lay it down.'

So I never had anyone to act before me - at all. And so it would always come down to me and the guy on my left - my small blind; his big blind - and I'd say, 'That's my money!' (laughs) I'd tell them, 'Here's our deal: I'm going to raise you every time. If you come over the top and you don't show me your cards to prove you had a better hand than me, I'm going to take you out.' It was a friendly thing, not a mean thing, and every single person went along with it."

The $2M chip mystery (http://www.pokernews.com/news/2006/9/two-million-questions-one.htm)

SamTheOldGoat
09-12-2006, 10:05 AM
As Frank says, COMPELTE tool, you CAN'T talk about your hand and what your going to do after a re-raise with another player with other players still to speak !

I'm actually glad half of his money has been frozen and hopefully BODOG will take it back, and kick him off their books! W$NKER

Finbar
09-12-2006, 10:22 AM
was chatting to a guy at Rileys snooker club in Redhill (assistant manager I think), apparently all Rileys clubs are going to be converted to poker clubs during the evenings. They are getting rid of Sky tv and a lot of pool / snooker tables and will have the latest technology to link all tables etc, reckons it will be done by Easter.

No idea whether this will happen but if it does could be superb

KevTheOptimist
09-12-2006, 11:13 AM
I thought poker clubs in england were still 'illegal' and I'd be surprised if a legit company like Riley's would get involved before all of the legal technicalities were resolved - unless they have been already...

Finbar
09-12-2006, 11:23 AM
can only imagine if true that they would get round legislation in the same way that the ones in Reigate and Purley have, don't see that a chain would have contstraints that single entities don't have. Be interesting if true though

Reps AJ
09-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Argh! Just ran a full house of 10 10 10 9 9 into a guy holding 99 :sob: :sob: :sob:

Reps AJ
09-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Argh! Just ran a full house of 10 10 10 9 9 into a guy holding 99 :sob: :sob: :sob:

Another full house busted by quads :sob: :sob:

DANCOO
09-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Sick beat for me just now.

Haven't played the $100 buy-in in a while, but got into it today.

About 10 minutes in:

Wireed posted small blind (10)
rivvver posted big blind (20)
Game # 638,782,774 starting.
Dealing Hole Cards(10c Ks )
300CE-24 called for 20
thomascrown called for 20
RoadTrip folded
COFFELITO folded
Olis2 called for 20
tigerlily folded
shadyslick called for 20
Carlito_1 called for 20
Wireed called for 10
rivvver checked
Dealing the Flop(Kh 7c 10d )
Wireed checked
rivvver checked
300CE-24 bet for 140
thomascrown folded
Olis2 folded
shadyslick folded
Carlito_1 went all-in for 1,250
Wireed folded
rivvver folded
300CE-24 called for 1,110 (holding KJ)
Dealing the turn(Jd )
Dealing the river(8h )
300CE-24 wins 2,640 with Two Pair, Kings over Jacks

:sob:

Reps AJ
09-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Just got a guy to double me up thanks to pocket rockets then 10 hands later, in the same position as before, I knocked him out of the tourney with another pair of aces :D

Never had AA come round again so quick

Funk Butter
09-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Just got a guy to double me up thanks to pocket rockets then 10 hands later, in the same position as before, I knocked him out of the tourney with another pair of aces :D

Never had AA come round again so quick
I once had pocket queens 3 hands in a row and won all 3 at the showdown. On the next hand, the board comes QQx. I bet and everybody folds.

DANCOO
09-12-2006, 11:25 PM

Here's a video of the top-top hand. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBABP1pUB18) He's up against a guy from his home casino. Its pretty obvious something fishy is going on here.

When I first saw that hand I though it was out of order the way he was talking, BUT, after seeing the Youtube video, and the glance he gave him after the flop - very suspect.

Reps AJ
09-12-2006, 11:53 PM
I once had pocket queens 3 hands in a row and won all 3 at the showdown. On the next hand, the board comes QQx. I bet and everybody folds.

Just hit KK KK AA in a row, the aces got busted by a river straight but cleared up with the kings :D

PoolKing
10-12-2006, 12:22 AM

3 times in a row is also the most I can remember being dealt the same hand. Can anyone here beat this sequence of hands?

SamTheOldGoat
10-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Nope, KK 3 times in about 5 I think

KevTheOptimist
10-12-2006, 03:08 PM
I've been using poker office for the last couple of days. Played 186 hands and comfortably my worst hand is KK, closely followed by QQ. My most profitable hand is A5 suited followed by KQ suited.

Hmmmm

DANCOO
10-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by KevTheOptimist
I've been using poker office for the last couple of days. Played 186 hands and comfortably my worst hand is KK, closely followed by QQ. My most profitable hand is A5 suited followed by KQ suited.

Hmmmm

You need to do between about 3000 and 6000 before you get any accuracy I reckon.

Reps AJ
10-12-2006, 03:26 PM
You need to do between about 3000 and 6000 before you get any accuracy I reckon.

After a couple of thousand hands, perhaps unsurprisingly, I've won most with AA and AK and lost most with QT and AT

SamTheOldGoat
10-12-2006, 08:16 PM
As Dan says, you need thousands and thousands of hands before you have ANY idea what's going on!

Funk Butter
10-12-2006, 08:25 PM
I have 77,000 ring game hands catalogued, and my win percentage goes like this: AA, KK, QQ, AKs, JJ, AQs, AKo, AJs, ATs, TT, 99, KQs, AQo... Interestingly, KQs is 29.83% winner, but overall I've lost money on it. Gotta investigate that.

Bottom hands are: 42o, 72o, T3o, Q2o, 52o, 93o, K2o, Q3o, 94o, 62o... Q4o is the first time I'm in a profit and its still only 1.58% winner.

I have 76,000 tourney hands recorded and its remarkably similar: AA, KK, QQ, AKs, AKo, JJ, AJs, AQs, TT, 99, AQo, ATs, AJo, KQs... Again, KQs is the first where I'm in the red.

saul1664
10-12-2006, 08:40 PM
What's the best thing to do, when you know you have the best hand and your opponent checks the river with a large amount in the pot.

I had JA, raised 4x BB, raised for 7 x BB, no other callers, so call his raise. Flop is J junk junk rainbow.

Bet significant amount on flop, which he flat calls, the Ace comes out, so I have two pair. He then bets a fair amount which I raise to double his original bet, which he then flat calls, so I figure he has been raising with QQ KK AK AQ.

River is junk, no straight, no flush, perfect board. He then checks, probably hoping for a check from me to see the board. There is $45 in the pot. He has $40 left. I raise $16, and he flat calls, and I take the pt down.

Is the percentage call to go all in on river knowing you have your opponent beat to see if they call you or in or is this more likely to induce a fold. Pot ended up $70 which is pretty good on a 0.25/0.50 table so I'm not complaining.

SamTheOldGoat
11-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Nope, I like your bet on the river tbh, with top pair top kicker, he will call that, which you obv want, with your betting, villain will no doubt be sceptical about set or 2 pair. Your probably only in the pot for $19 and so is he, so he may well not call for the final $40 that he has left......

Just my 2-cents, nite!

saul1664
11-12-2006, 12:55 AM
To be honest, I was quite surprised when I got the call. When I made the raise after the check on the river, he must have known he was dominated. My guess is he had KK, which when the A came out, his betting patterns became less confident.

oz_da II
11-12-2006, 02:30 AM

Hmmmm

That will all change in time.

As stated before, you need to play thousands of hands to get a true indication. Playing only 186 hands I'd be guessing you've received those hands once maybe twice at best.

SamTheOldGoat
11-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Had a good morning. Don't you just love it when someone can't put down a high pair....

Here, I reraise PF to $15 or so with AA, which pretty much spells out AA after his raise, and my continual betting on the A high flop and he calls with KK, magical :D

LOLOL (http://www.pokerhand.org/?663114)

KevTheOptimist
11-12-2006, 12:37 PM
76000 hands lol, how long did that take you!?

Do you guys generally play in profit? How do you work your bankroll - i.e. do you take any money out of your poker accounts or just keep it all in there as 'poker money'?

I tend to play cash only so the whole think about bankrolls I don't really think matters for me. I'll stick in £50 or £100 and bank out whatever is there at the end of the night. So I have no real way of knowing whether I'm up or down in the long run.

DANCOO
11-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Had a good morning. Don't you just love it when someone can't put down a high pair....

Here, I reraise PF to $15 or so with AA, which pretty much spells out AA after his raise, and my continual betting on the A high flop and he calls with KK, magical :D

LOLOL (http://www.pokerhand.org/?663114)

What makes it worse, is that he was disciplined enough to just call your re-raise, and not push pre-flop.:clown:

KevTheOptimist
11-12-2006, 12:40 PM
I really want to play some bigger tournies as well going forward, maybe $25 - 75 buy ins. Any suggestions (Laddies only) about some good ones that won't take like 5 hours to run but have a decent prize pool, prefereable with some shiocking opponents!

DANCOO
11-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I really want to play some bigger tournies as well going forward, maybe $25 - 75 buy ins. Any suggestions (Laddies only) about some good ones that won't take like 5 hours to run but have a decent prize pool, prefereable with some shiocking opponents!

So you want a $50 buy-in + quick finish + big prize money + terrible opponents?

When you find that kind of tournament let me know.:p

Big prize money will attract a lot of players, unless the buy-in is very big, so in either case you will be looking at an absolute minimum of 4 1/2 hours if you were to win the tournament - although 5 1/2 is probably more accurate.

Lots of players = long time playing.
Few players + big buy-in = long time playing, as it is generally solid players who enter.

saul1664
11-12-2006, 01:06 PM
betfair have turbos with 2 min levels and 1000 chips if you want a very quick game

DANCOO
11-12-2006, 03:07 PM
A couple of things are really grating on me regarding Jamie Gold.

Firstly, another player who he was in a hand approaching the final table was donating all of his money to the Parkinsons Foundation. When he told this to Jamie Gold, Jamie Gold said that he was also donating all of his money (more than once) - to his dad who has Lou Gehrig's disease - like he deserves a pat on the back for it! Now, if he was donating all of his money to the Lou Gehrig's Foundation, then fair enough, but I don't believe that is the case.

Secondly, I didn't like the way he was filmed calling his dad at the end, with him crying. It makes me wonder how many takes they had to get it right...or maybe I'm just being cynical.

KevTheOptimist
11-12-2006, 05:22 PM
I've only seen a few of the vids on jamie Gold but the guy looks to be a 24 carrot

SamTheOldGoat
11-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Completely agree Dan-CLASS-A TOOL, the way he conducted himself is disgusting imo

eaglesrus
11-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Finbar
can only imagine if true that they would get round legislation in the same way that the ones in Reigate and Purley have, don't see that a chain would have contstraints that single entities don't have. Be interesting if true though

they havent yet.

the test case is going to court in January involving the club I play at "Gutshot". The outcome of that hearing will decide on the legalities of poker. The argument revolves whether poker is a game of luck or a game of skill.

If it is a game of luck then a licence like what they have in a casino is needed. If the court decide it is a game of skill then poker clubs will be free to operate.

A very interesting argument. If you want more info on it follow this link,
www.gutshot.co.uk

Strathclyde Eagle
11-12-2006, 07:53 PM
betfair have turbos with 2 min levels and 1000 chips if you want a very quick game
Given how long a hand takes with their new software it must great to be on the button in the first hand in one of their tournaments. No need to push for ages.

oz_da II
11-12-2006, 09:55 PM
I tend to play cash only so the whole think about bankrolls I don't really think matters for me. I'll stick in £50 or £100 and bank out whatever is there at the end of the night. So I have no real way of knowing whether I'm up or down in the long run.

Poker Office will tell you how much you are winning or losing.

saul1664
11-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by eaglesrus
they havent yet.

the test case is going to court in January involving the club I play at "Gutshot". The outcome of that hearing will decide on the legalities of poker. The argument revolves whether poker is a game of luck or a game of skill.

If it is a game of luck then a licence like what they have in a casino is needed. If the court decide it is a game of skill then poker clubs will be free to operate.

A very interesting argument. If you want more info on it follow this link,
www.gutshot.co.uk

By the way, the ruling in the US may mean that online poker may not be playable there, but the poker companies will be allowed to move from their tax havens to the UK, where they will be allowed to operate under strict government guidelines (i.e. lots of tax). They are not chomping at the bit yet.

SamTheOldGoat
12-12-2006, 04:28 AM
Am I a complete fish and I shouldn't be playing this blooming game ;)

CLICK FOR A FISH (http://www.pokerhand.org/?664858)

ps, check stars now for H@LL v Mr Smokey V Barry Greenstein

SamTheOldGoat
12-12-2006, 04:29 AM
PS, That's drunken shoving :D

Reps AJ
12-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Am I a complete fish and I shouldn't be playing this blooming game

Interesting re-raise :eek:

SamTheOldGoat
12-12-2006, 09:31 AM
I seem to have developed the skill of being able to drop down limits so I don't blast my roll after a big night out while munching a take-away, instead I made money last night in the end, albeit $30 or so

Strathclyde Eagle
12-12-2006, 10:48 AM

I can see why people put less value in pocket Aces in Omaha now, that's for sure.

saul1664
12-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Talking about plankton, try not to do this 2 hours into a tournament.

Never built a big stack, however made top 20. Blinds 600/1200, just had BB dominated, K4 in SB, automatically hit fold button, then everybody passes apart from one, so I unclick fold button and flat call.

Flop AAK. Have 6000 chips, flat call 1200, opponent raises 2400, now pot committed so call all in. Don't put him on A as he would have shoved all in pre-flop or on flop (though put him on K). Soon as I hit the button, know I am dominated with pants kicker. Sure enough he turns over K10, 2 turn 3 river and I have 300 chips left. What's worse is that 6 people went out in the next 6 hands and I probably would have had a top ten finish.

Don't know why a) I called in first place and b) made the mistake with the kicker when I was only looking at split pot at best.

DANCOO
12-12-2006, 11:53 AM
STOG, will the following hands split the lo pot in hi/lo?

A2568
A4678

Also, what is the better hand - 34578 or 24678?

saul1664
12-12-2006, 01:11 PM
What a bizzarre morning.

First hand get 79, flop 6 8 10, everyone checks, Q on turn, everyone checks again, I bet 0.50, get re-raised from guy on right call, check the river, he raises 7 on river, I reraise 20 and take pot down (he called the reraise as well).

Then trip 4's run into KA which I didn't read as he checked all the way to the river making his straight.

AA dominated by 36 when he made his straight after I only raised 1, as everyone else folded.

Another AA hit a terrible flop causing me to slow down but winning pot, and J7 just made full house, winning a nice pot. Should have stopped after the first minute.

:eek:

Funk Butter
12-12-2006, 03:23 PM

ps, check stars now for H@LL v Mr Smokey V Barry Greenstein
I've played against LED*ZOSO*ZEP before in tourneys. Its good to know he's just as stupid in ring games as in tourneys. (Don't let his low chips fool you, he plays that way with a full stack) I would have played this exactly how JONBOY3 played it, except I definitely would have reraised preflop against the LED retard. Put him all in probably. At the end, if draws want to put all their money out there, gotta make the pot odds thin.

Funk Butter
12-12-2006, 03:28 PM
STOG, will the following hands split the lo pot in hi/lo?

A2568
A4678

Also, what is the better hand - 34578 or 24678?
A2568 takes the whole low.

24678 takes the low over 34578.

SamTheOldGoat
12-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Sorry Dan, been playing all day and haven't checked back here, as Frank says above ^^^

Strathclyde Eagle
13-12-2006, 01:18 AM
Another STT question.

1500 starting chips, blinds at 25/50. I've got about 1550 chips and am dealt JJ in the cutoff. Short-stack goes all-in, player in front of me goes all-in (he's got about 1300). I fold - right move?

Short stack had A-10, second all-in had KQ. JJ would have held up.

Ended up being bubbled again though. Just a game where everyone was surviving their all-ins. :sob:

Strathclyde Eagle
13-12-2006, 01:38 AM
After an STT of topsy-turvy hands I get this in a quick heads-up game. Just to add some additional information my opponent put the words "GO ALL-IN" in the chat box before a single card had been dealt and had gone all-in themselves a few times somewhat randomly on a few flops.

After I took an early lead they worked themselves back to take a small lead when I was dealt KK. So I thought I'd take a chance and see if they were prepared to push with any two cards and went all-in. Called with A8os. Flop comes 8c Ah 5d. Turn... is the King of spades! Amazingly fortunate. What a strange game.

I just got an e-mail with the transcript of that and my opponent said "GH". Feel a bit rude for having missed that at the time now. I'd far sooner hear that than be called a son of Troy. :D

saul1664
13-12-2006, 04:01 AM
Arse.

0.50/1.00 table

work my way from 100 to 312, completely dominating and table freezes and locks me out, can't get back in

Still nice profit.

KevTheOptimist
13-12-2006, 09:48 AM
I never seem to win big on the cash tables. Am almost always up when I play properly (by that I mean if you exclude the times when I am either playing under the influence, tilting or getting some horrific beats). I normally finish 2 or so hour sessions like $30 or $40 up.

All the time though I see people on my table win huge amounts by calling with marginal hands, or taking huge pots with hands like Q7 with the Q pair winning etc etc.

It's really annoying me, I need premium hands to win a bloody pot and if i haven't got the virtual nuts in a big hand I almost always end up losing. I can't remember the last time I doubled up on a $100 buy in table.

Admittedly I play fairly tight but i do play aggressive when I have decent hands. I've tried playing a different way, i.e. a bit looser and widened my range of starting hands like the people that have big stacks always do but this just results in me losing to better hands - which is obvious I guess.

Are these people just getting unbelievably lucky or do I seriously need to rethink my playing style?

Last night I played on a table on Laddies and this fella called Sanderlin was seeing 94% of all flops on the table. He pretty much only folded a 7 2 starting hand if the pre flop raise was more than 4 x BB. Any other hand he would call any raises with. He went from $100 to nearly $500 in the space I went from $90 to $120. Unreal.

Finbar
13-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Another STT question.

1500 starting chips, blinds at 25/50. I've got about 1550 chips and am dealt JJ in the cutoff. Short-stack goes all-in, player in front of me goes all-in (he's got about 1300). I fold - right move?

Short stack had A-10, second all-in had KQ. JJ would have held up.

Ended up being bubbled again though. Just a game where everyone was surviving their all-ins. :sob:

Think folding was the right move. You would have been more likely to have been knocked out than to have been chip leader is the way I would look at it

Finbar
13-12-2006, 11:40 AM
oh and the above is assuming that you had read them for having 3 or more over cards between them which am guessing you would do

gadford4th
13-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I never seem to win big on the cash tables. Am almost always up when I play properly (by that I mean if you exclude the times when I am either playing under the influence, tilting or getting some horrific beats). I normally finish 2 or so hour sessions like $30 or $40 up.

All the time though I see people on my table win huge amounts by calling with marginal hands, or taking huge pots with hands like Q7 with the Q pair winning etc etc.

It's really annoying me, I need premium hands to win a bloody pot and if i haven't got the virtual nuts in a big hand I almost always end up losing. I can't remember the last time I doubled up on a $100 buy in table.

Admittedly I play fairly tight but i do play aggressive when I have decent hands. I've tried playing a different way, i.e. a bit looser and widened my range of starting hands like the people that have big stacks always do but this just results in me losing to better hands - which is obvious I guess.

Are these people just getting unbelievably lucky or do I seriously need to rethink my playing style?

Last night I played on a table on Laddies and this fella called Sanderlin was seeing 94% of all flops on the table. He pretty much only folded a 7 2 starting hand if the pre flop raise was more than 4 x BB. Any other hand he would call any raises with. He went from $100 to nearly $500 in the space I went from $90 to $120. Unreal.

I think your style, whilst tight, does take a bit of fun out of it. There's nothing like raking it in with a full house when you had a 6 2 in the pocket. It's nice to just see what happens on the flop every now and again. I took out a whole table winning with a straight with 2 3 clubs in the pocket

SamTheOldGoat
13-12-2006, 01:41 PM
S.E, I would have passed with 2 all ins in front of me, depending on whose left to call, other chips stacks, buy in etc.

Kev, do you get creative with suited connectors, low pairs etc? I have found recently that play 6h7h like aces betting agressive etc has proved beneficial to my roll!

Strathclyde Eagle
13-12-2006, 02:56 PM
S.E, I would have passed with 2 all ins in front of me, depending on whose left to call, other chips stacks, buy in etc.
In spite of missing out on the chance to triple-up I still think passing was the right move. Seeing two all-ins I thought one of the players had to have at least AA, KK or AK. Was quite surprised to see A-10 and KQ in the circumstances.

I'm starting to play a few more hands with suited connectors. I'm actually finding that the great thing is they can win hands so many ways, while also being cheap to get away from if you miss completely. The downside is ending up with gutshot straight draws and second/third pair and leaving yourself with more difficult decisions post-flop.

Finbar
13-12-2006, 03:07 PM
agree on the suited connectors, agree totally about getting out of a hand cheaply, also your hand can be a lot more hidden making people more likely to go along with you than with AK or something similar

KevTheOptimist
13-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Funny you should say that about suited connectors!

I decided that basically I would call (within reason) most pre flop raises and blinds with suited connectors as well as my normal starting hand criteria and this did prove successful.

Haven't tied playing them like aces yet but all in good time!

Micky Droy
13-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Lucky, lucky Droy...

> Dealing Hole Cards(Ks Qs )
> mike17 folded
> benvdaman folded
> coyoty raised for 400
[Observer]ImpulseKid> gl
> e-unit folded
> UKPockets called for 400
> mickeee called for 400
> sanni_h folded
> plumse78 folded
> ynwa12 folded
> Dealing the Flop(4s As 9c )
> coyoty bet for 750
> UKPockets raised for 1,500
> mickeee folded
> coyoty called for 750
> Dealing the turn(4d )
> coyoty checked
> UKPockets bet for 7,000
> coyoty went all-in for 5,188.12
> Extra chips returned to UKPockets, 1,811.88
> Dealing the river(6s )
> UKPockets wins 14,876.24 with a Flush, Spades
> coyoty has left the tournament in 184th place

He had ace ten, so 2 pair aces and fours - I'll bust out of many tourneys like that, but, hell, I don't usually make that play, and tonight is an experiment in aggression.

Earlier I had 6 7 clubs, bust out a guy with QQ on the river with a 7. I genuinely put him on AK or AQ, was wrong, fluked and doubled through.

Those have been the two gambles of the tourney so far. Guess you need a couple of those, just not too many. Eek.

Strathclyde Eagle
13-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Love the fact there's a player in the Poker Million on Sky right now called Michael Jackson. Give him a Bo Selecta mask instead of sunglasses.

Micky Droy
13-12-2006, 09:45 PM
I must say, I'm still in but there is a pro on this table - one of the Laddies card players on whom there is a knock out bounty - and it is a pleasure to watch him destroy the table.

He has gone from 20,000 to 60,000 in 30 minutes or so.

He hasn;t had much of my money though I have been eaten into - a couple of moves at the wrong time i had to fold, and blinds, and of course not much room to move because he is bossing the table like crazy.

Patience, patience. For a bit longer at least.

saul1664
13-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Just had to fold Aces. Bogus.

saul1664
13-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Been playing mediocre today, which is probably explained by playing until 4am after having 7 pints, then getting up for 7 and working 12 hours. Still managed to escape with a small profit though.

As Kev said earlier, someone went all in with a right donkey hand and doubled up and then dominated the table (cash game). Most annoying is I get dealt A10, A hits the flop, I bet and only get flat called on flop turn river, 3rd diamond hits the river, and he reraises my $5 to $30, so I fold, for him to show QK and him only making a pair of Queens.

Still I managed to bluff the same player off the pot twice when I am sure I was behind, so can't complain to much.

Number Six
14-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Love the fact there's a player in the Poker Million on Sky right now called Michael Jackson. Give him a Bo Selecta mask instead of sunglasses.

Not quite in the same celebrity stakes either - he was a water cooler salesman from Hull or somewhere like that!

DANCOO
14-12-2006, 12:57 PM
I had sooo many outs, but how poor a call was this?

Omaha hi/lo (http://www.pokerhand.org/?669899)

I ended up winning it with a pair of fives :D

And yes, I did get abuse.

DANCOO
14-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Luckily this happened on the other table where I only had a short stack.

Omaha hi/lo (http://www.pokerhand.org/?669919)

SamTheOldGoat
14-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Ouch at teh straight flush! PMSL@the 55"

DANCOO
14-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Ouch at teh straight flush! PMSL@the 55"

Yeah, the str8 flush beat my low aswell - thought I would scoop...at least win one of them!

55 - I think I had enough outs to make my hand to make the call, but I'm not sure if you can rely on that in Omaha as there is the high hand to consider aswell?

Also, I'm not too certain about betting on the river with two people in the hand, when you only have the low and nothing more than a high card for the high?

DANCOO
14-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Sat back down after doubling up, and first hand made a couple of loose calls to lose half my stack, then I get my own back on the same (agressive) player.

Omaha hi/lo (http://www.pokerhand.org/?669988) :D

STOG - Do you why it only shows four of the five winning cards, not the five.

Funk Butter
14-12-2006, 03:06 PM
PPokerStars Tournament #37779781, Pot Limit Omaha
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
211 players
Total Prize Pool: $4540.00
Tournament started - 2006/12/13 - 23:15:00 (ET)

Dear FunkButter,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
A $1,225.81 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Not a bad haul, was just treading water all the way till the 3rd break, actually. Then was able to put a nice run together to get into the top 10. It was a once only rebuy/once only add-on, and I managed to avoid paying for another rebuy.

DANCOO
14-12-2006, 03:09 PM

Not a bad haul, was just treading water all the way till the 3rd break, actually. Then was able to put a nice run together to get into the top 10. It was a once only rebuy/once only add-on, and I managed to avoid paying for another rebuy.

How long did it take?

Funk Butter
14-12-2006, 09:48 PM

How long did it take?
Jeez, I guess it went 4 and half hours. I was doing some work at home and started playing a $30 buy-in and got knocked out quickly, so I just entered this cause I still had more work to do. (I run reports at night and while they're running have time to kill) Started really drifting towards the end but was able to get a nice chip stack then bully the table to victory.

saul1664
14-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Don't bluff like this at home.

I hold J10, short handed, limp in

Dream flop QKA

raised $3, all folds around me, flat call

raised $6 turn junk card, flat call

he raises all in for his remaining $15 (wish he had more), another junk card

he turns over 67 off :clown:

David Amsalem
14-12-2006, 11:13 PM
The standard of play on my return was nothing short of shocking. I'm winning the whole time of the game. Near the end, I slip a few places with other peoples manic all in and blind stealing. Blinds are at 400/800 and it becomes a crapshoot.

Knowing I can't play poker with these jokers I have to raise all-in else there will be more then one in the pot. Truth to be told, I would have been happy with the blinds.

[---]

** Game ID 642356749 starting - 2006-12-14 23:04:54
** Chippenham [Hold 'em] (400.00|800.00 No Limit - STT) Real Money

- the-jackal sitting in seat 1 with $4207.11
- Baski sitting in seat 4 with $4775.39
- DA sitting in seat 5 with $3605.00
- Parklane1984 sitting in seat 7 with $1812.50 [Dealer]

the-jackal posted the small blind - $200.00
Baski posted the big blind - $400.00

** Dealing card to DA: King of Spades, Ace of Diamonds
DA went all-in - $3605.00
Parklane1984 went all-in - $1812.50
the-jackal folded
Baski folded
Parklane1984 shows: Jack of Clubs, King of Diamonds

** Dealing the flop: 9 of Diamonds, 6 of Hearts, Jack of Hearts

** Dealing the turn: 3 of Hearts

** Dealing the river: 7 of Spades
Parklane1984 wins $4225.00 from the main pot

End of game 642356749

[---]

** Dealing card to DA: 9 of Diamonds, King of Clubs
Parklane1984 folded
the-jackal folded
Baski called - $400.00
DA went all-in - $1392.50
Baski called - $1792.50
Baski shows: 9 of Hearts, Queen of Hearts

** Dealing the flop: 4 of Diamonds, 5 of Diamonds, 5 of Hearts

** Dealing the turn: 10 of Spades

** Dealing the river: Queen of Clubs
Baski wins $3585.00 from the main pot

End of game 642357213

[---]

... and out before pay out. The thing is as well, I knew it was going to happen. I just expect it too now and that is the norm.

It's a shame 'cos I was going to post up some the hands I played nicely for a change but none of that matters when the above happens.

David Amsalem
14-12-2006, 11:22 PM
And I know they're not bad beats bad beats, but there the buggers where you got them covered and thats annoying enough.

Funk Butter
14-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Don't bluff like this at home.

I hold J10, short handed, limp in

Dream flop QKA

raised $3, all folds around me, flat call

raised $6 turn junk card, flat call

he raises all in for his remaining $15 (wish he had more), another junk card

he turns over 67 off :clown:
I was playing at a home game recently, and it quickly became apparent that nobody else was worth a damn. Got dealt T9h early position. Just limp. Flop is KQJ rainbow. UTG makes a min bet. His left makes a min raise. I end up raising about 3x the pot. Both call. Cursed turn card is a T. UTG checks, his left bets out about 1/6 of the pot. I scream some obscenities and fold. They get all-in and UTG has KQo and his left has A4o. WTF. I ask him what the hell he was doing calling my big reraise. He says, "Well I had a straight draw" Ugh. :bash:

DANCOO
15-12-2006, 12:20 AM
I was playing at a home game recently, and it quickly became apparent that nobody else was worth a damn. Got dealt T9h early position. Just limp. Flop is KQJ rainbow. UTG makes a min bet. His left makes a min raise. I end up raising about 3x the pot. Both call. Cursed turn card is a T. UTG checks, his left bets out about 1/6 of the pot. I scream some obscenities and fold. They get all-in and UTG has KQo and his left has A4o. WTF. I ask him what the hell he was doing calling my big reraise. He says, "Well I had a straight draw" Ugh. :bash:

You should have just said 'well played'...although it was probably impossible.:D

Son of Selhurst
15-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Spend an hour on a tight table winning just the blinds with any decent hand. Then....

PokerStars Game #7443879172: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/12/14 - 19:28:57 (ET)
Table 'Gutemberga' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 2: pablostar ($77.40 in chips)
Seat 3: r4lle ($50.95 in chips)
Seat 4: noclue2 ($111.35 in chips)
Seat 5: jerro ($55.85 in chips)
Seat 6: Blartman ($34.60 in chips)
jerro: posts small blind $0.25
Blartman: posts big blind $0.50
FEEDMENUTZ: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Blartman [Kd 2s]
pablostar: calls $0.50
r4lle: folds
noclue2: folds
jerro: calls $0.25
Blartman: checks
*** FLOP *** [3d Ah 2d]
jerro: checks
pablostar: checks
*** TURN *** [3d Ah 2d] [Jd]
jerro: bets $1
Blartman: calls $1
pablostar: folds
*** RIVER *** [3d Ah 2d Jd] [8d]
jerro: bets $3
Blartman: raises $3 to $6
jerro: raises $48.35 to $54.35 and is all-in
Blartman said, "hmmmmmmmmmmm"
Blartman said, "only one card can beat me"
Blartman: calls $27.10 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jerro: shows [Ad 5s] (a flush, Ace high)
Blartman: mucks hand
jerro collected $67.70 from pot
Blartman said, "and there it is"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $69.70 | Rake $2
Board [3d Ah 2d Jd 8d]
Seat 2: pablostar folded on the Turn
Seat 3: r4lle folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: noclue2 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: jerro (small blind) showed [Ad 5s] and won ($67.70) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 6: Blartman (big blind) mucked [Kd 2s]

KevTheOptimist
15-12-2006, 12:40 AM
It's crapshoot time at the business end of a $30 on Laddies. I'm about 9/15 top ten get paid.

Wish me luck!

KevTheOptimist
15-12-2006, 09:26 AM
I got through the bubble but the very next hand found myself all in on an A high flop holding A 5 and beating comfortably by AQ.

I could have held on for a few higher places but didn't really have the patience as it was getting late and was very tired.

Got me money back so no harm done..

KevTheOptimist
15-12-2006, 09:27 AM
That elusive big tourney cash out remains elusive. I do still cash about 50% of tournies I play in but have only had 1 win, 2 2nds and then loads of entry money sized wins.

Quite dry

Billyd
15-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Son of Selhurst
Spend an hour on a tight table winning just the blinds with any decent hand. Then....

PokerStars Game #7443879172: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/12/14 - 19:28:57 (ET)
Table 'Gutemberga' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 2: pablostar ($77.40 in chips)
Seat 3: r4lle ($50.95 in chips)
Seat 4: noclue2 ($111.35 in chips)
Seat 5: jerro ($55.85 in chips)
Seat 6: Blartman ($34.60 in chips)
jerro: posts small blind $0.25
Blartman: posts big blind $0.50
FEEDMENUTZ: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Blartman [Kd 2s]
pablostar: calls $0.50
r4lle: folds
noclue2: folds
jerro: calls $0.25
*** FLOP *** [3d Ah 2d]
jerro: checks
pablostar: checks
*** TURN *** [3d Ah 2d] [Jd]
jerro: bets $1
Blartman: calls $1
pablostar: folds
*** RIVER *** [3d Ah 2d Jd] [8d]
jerro: bets $3
Blartman: raises $3 to $6
jerro: raises $48.35 to $54.35 and is all-in
Blartman said, "hmmmmmmmmmmm"
Blartman said, "only one card can beat me"
Blartman: calls $27.10 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jerro: shows [Ad 5s] (a flush, Ace high)
Blartman: mucks hand
jerro collected $67.70 from pot
Blartman said, "and there it is"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $69.70 | Rake $2
Board [3d Ah 2d Jd 8d]
Seat 2: pablostar folded on the Turn
Seat 3: r4lle folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: noclue2 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: jerro (small blind) showed [Ad 5s] and won ($67.70) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 6: Blartman (big blind) mucked [Kd 2s]

which one are you. poor call imo by who ever called with the k2

SamTheOldGoat
15-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Why's it a bad call, he's on the BB?

he had to call $1 on turn with bottom pair, second nut flush draw, which isn't bad calling, and the river sent him the 3rd nuts.........

SamTheOldGoat
15-12-2006, 04:39 PM
he's obv Blartman, as it shows his hole cards

KevTheOptimist
15-12-2006, 04:53 PM
How is a K high flush on that board the 3rd nuts?

Strathclyde Eagle
15-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Can't remember who it was who said that if someone online puts a massive amount into a pot they probably have the nuts, but it does seem to have a decent amount of wisdom behind it.

SamTheOldGoat
15-12-2006, 05:26 PM
How is a K high flush on that board the 3rd nuts?

Sorry, read it as Ad instead of hearts, that'll teach me to attempt to read hand histories absolutely hanging out of my arse due to consuming too much red wine the night before! SORRY ALL1

SamTheOldGoat
15-12-2006, 05:37 PM
SICK ASS LAYDOWN?!? My friend earlier on, I don't think many could/would lay it down!

sicko (http://www.pokerhand.org/?671971)

saul1664
15-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Could be a bluff here. If Hero thinks he has the best hand, why is he checking every single time, check on river shows weakness. Stakes are pretty high and scary though.

DANCOO
15-12-2006, 09:24 PM
SICK ASS LAYDOWN?!? My friend earlier on, I don't think many could/would lay it down!

sicko (http://www.pokerhand.org/?671971)

Does your friend ever give you any tips?

If he does, you see my 'PM' button...USE IT!!;) :p

Strathclyde Eagle
15-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Don't like the check-call on the flop with that hand. Makes it too easy for someone with two diamonds in their hand to continue. Once you're at the turn you have to know you're behind to either two diamonds or pocket Jacks. I'd say it is a pretty easy laydown in the end, but then I've not put $877 into the pot!

SamTheOldGoat
15-12-2006, 10:37 PM
I don't 2 diamonds are what he's worried about, pretty sure it's JJ as he types in the chat.

The moneys not an issue, if you rail at all, he's playing 16 tables of 5/10 on Pokerstars everyday under username WrongButton, he's a flat out sicko, and made over 100k profit in the month of September, not bad for an 18 year old!

KevTheOptimist
16-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Well, when I lose I know how to lose big. First off KK in a $30 tourney, rivered good and proper with a 7 against a matey holding 77.

Move to cash and get all in holding JJ on a J 8 2 rainbow flop. Called by QJ in a $220 pot. Turn 10 river 9.

Move up the blinds which is clearly the best thing to do at this point. Buy in for $400 and cash out at $350 realising I was bing very silly.

Humpf

DANCOO
16-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Well, when I lose I know how to lose big. First off KK in a $30 tourney, rivered good and proper with a 7 against a matey holding 77.

Move to cash and get all in holding JJ on a J 8 2 rainbow flop. Called by QJ in a $220 pot. Turn 10 river 9.

Move up the blinds which is clearly the best thing to do at this point. Buy in for $400 and cash out at $350 realising I was bing very silly.

Humpf

Are you a profitable poker player (and I mean literally - are you in profit or loss for this year)?

Not trying to be preachy, and I don't know how large a bankroll you have, but moving up from (I assume) $0.50/$1.00 to $2.00/$4.00 is probably not the wisest thing to be doing when chasing losses - especially at one in the morning.

Funk Butter
16-12-2006, 01:43 AM
I don't 2 diamonds are what he's worried about, pretty sure it's JJ as he types in the chat.

The moneys not an issue, if you rail at all, he's playing 16 tables of 5/10 on Pokerstars everyday under username WrongButton, he's a flat out sicko, and made over 100k profit in the month of September, not bad for an 18 year old!
I find it hard to believe anybody is making that much money in one month in ring games. What site is this at?

SamTheOldGoat
16-12-2006, 02:14 AM
That was on Party where he plays under PartysNo1, or did, he also plays 25.50 on VC, and is depositing large on FullTilt. He plays predominantly on Pokerstars, playing 16 tables so I don't think it's that unbelievable, oh yer and I've seen the PO graph so it's true :)

SamTheOldGoat
16-12-2006, 02:36 AM
See screenshot of one of my friends chums, note hands played, limits etc for the month of Sept, this guys only 18 from Bristol as well, $258 K profit in one month:cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/mymarktwogolf/AkerySept.jpg

DANCOO
16-12-2006, 10:40 AM
See screenshot of one of my friends chums, note hands played, limits etc for the month of Sept, this guys only 18 from Bristol as well, $258 K profit in one month:cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/mymarktwogolf/AkerySept.jpg

:eek: Crazy

Would love to get into the poker mind of these sorts of players.

DANCOO
16-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Quick calculation.

For the month of September, playing 25/50, if he was (for example) playing 12 tables, he would only need to profit just over $718 per table - which isn't a lot when you consider the maximum buy-in would be $5,000.
Now obviously, he would lose on some, but I would imagine (and from the stats it is obvious), that he would win on most.
He is tight/agressive pre-flop, and neutral after, which indicates to me that he is being able to make huge profits playing a very mechanical style of poker - not playing junk.

STOG, I would love to see his individual hole card histories - any chance?

Strathclyde Eagle
16-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Why's he still living in Bristol? ;)

Billyd
16-12-2006, 02:07 PM
anyone play on stars, its by far the best site and i have accounts on a of them

SamTheOldGoat
16-12-2006, 02:32 PM
:eek: Crazy

Would love to get into the poker mind of these sorts of players.

I know mate, I love watching the high stakes and Full Tilt is the best play to see Phil Ivey, Gus Hansen, Benyamine etc

Dan, do you use Pokerhand.org to track any hands etc, if not, get on it and search for pokerprochris. I will also ask Chris if I can grab some info off him re. his hands etc. With the table I posted up, it wouldn't have been probably on 4 tables max, as that's normally what's running on Stars.

BillyD, I play on Stars, at the moment playing lower limits than normal but trying to play at least 4 tables at once if I'm concentrating and it's going successfully just as I continue to build my roll, hope to be multing 1/2 by January, and I agree, it's a great site :)

KevTheOptimist
16-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Are you a profitable poker player (and I mean literally - are you in profit or loss for this year)?

Not trying to be preachy, and I don't know how large a bankroll you have, but moving up from (I assume) $0.50/$1.00 to $2.00/$4.00 is probably not the wisest thing to be doing when chasing losses - especially at one in the morning.

I don't really know if the truth be told. I don't really play for the money - although obviously it's all abut winning, I play more because I like playing poker so I've never really been keeping track of whether I'm up or down.

If I got some luck in my big hands I'd be very very profitable. Like I've said previously I make steady profit but always always lose in my big hands - always in front when the money goes in and always outdrawn and lose all my profit and some in one hand.

SamTheOldGoat
16-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Guys, there's a freeroll tomorrow evening on Stars, a lot of runners however top 3 get all paid for trip to Bahamas for WPT event, worth it for free, tourny no 37202406.... let me know if anyone plays and their username

Strathclyde Eagle
16-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Sam, you've got to have VIP status of silver or above with Poker Stars to be able to play in that tournament.

SamTheOldGoat
16-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Oh sorry about that, you nearly there?

Strathclyde Eagle
16-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Nowhere close. :D

Question to the multi-tablers - are you playing differently to how you would your normal game? I feel I'd struggle to concentrate on how other players are playing, so it is a case of only playing premium hands/situations? Would be curious to know.

DANCOO
16-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Painful.

$10k GTD, top 20 get paid (191 players).

I had been in the bottom five from when it got down to the last 70 players until I got knocked out...in 20th place.:lux:

Two hours of wait...wait...wait...all-in steal.
Only paid out $100, but my first tourney cash finish this month I think!

Strathclyde Eagle
16-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Lovely stuff, finally had a set pay-off, just in an MTT.

Called with 55 in late position. Four players on the flop, I'm in last position. Flop comes A-10-8 rainbow. All players check. Turn is a 5 (can't remember suit), they all check, so do I. River is an eight. Player with trip 8s can't lay it down when I go all-in. :lux:

DANCOO
16-12-2006, 11:18 PM

Strathclyde Eagle
16-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Great, the guy I won that last pot from is now a massive chip leader and immediately to my left. This could get ugly. :sob:

Strathclyde Eagle
16-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Well he didn't get me, but the player to his left did. Put in half his stack pre-flop with J-10 suited and beat my A7os.

Can't say I'm too great when it gets to being shorthanded (table had six players at the time) and antes come in. Any tips on either?

KevTheOptimist
16-12-2006, 11:38 PM
You need to get lucky. And avoid being unlucky.

DANCOO
16-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Well he didn't get me, but the player to his left did. Put in half his stack pre-flop with J-10 suited and beat my A7os.

Can't say I'm too great when it gets to being shorthanded (table had six players at the time) and antes come in. Any tips on either?

What was the situation when you pushed with A7o? Near the money, stack, blinds etc...
I am now pretty strict when I'm shortstacked about when I will put all my chips in. I generally won't re-raise all-in with a weak hand, although I am prepared to push with it.
I like to have an A, but two face cards (preferably with a K), will usually do, or almost any pair.

KevTheOptimist
17-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Man I'm shit at poker.

3 way. Flop 7 8 2 rainbow. I'm holding QQ.

A nutter who has been playing looser than Britney Spear's fanny goes all in. I'm next to act and call knowing that I only have to be beating the fella behind me to be well in front in the hand.

They turn over A 7 and J8 respectively and a river ace seals the deal.

DANCOO
17-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Man I'm shit at poker.

3 way. Flop 7 8 2 rainbow. I'm holding QQ.

A nutter who has been playing looser than Britney Spear's fanny goes all in. I'm next to act and call knowing that I only have to be beating the fella behind me to be well in front in the hand.

They turn over A 7 and J8 respectively and a river ace seals the deal.

No shit, just very unlucky.

KevTheOptimist
17-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Oh my god.

KK, raise pre flop from 2 to 7.20. Re-raised to 15 by said nutter. I call and one other caller.

Flop J 4 8 rainbow. I bet UTG for 42. Then raised all in for another 12. 2 callers and I lose to J 4 off fuc ing suit.

Nutter had AJ btw.

I gotta stop playing, really have.

Strathclyde Eagle
17-12-2006, 12:48 AM
What was the situation when you pushed with A7o? Near the money, stack, blinds etc...
I am now pretty strict when I'm shortstacked about when I will put all my chips in. I generally won't re-raise all-in with a weak hand, although I am prepared to push with it.
I like to have an A, but two face cards (preferably with a K), will usually do, or almost any pair.
Think I had about 2800, he had about 6000. Blinds at 300/600 with a 50 ante. I was on the button. 45 player tourney, 11 left at that point, top 7 got paid. My stack had slowly dwindled from 4000 when the antes came in.

(Only a $1+$0.20 tourney, but some of us are on much smaller stakes than others.)

KevTheOptimist
17-12-2006, 01:01 AM
I need poker rehab lol.

I got to quit playing online cos I can't catch a cold but I fear it will be as difficult as quitting smoking!

I did quit smoking though so it can be done.

oz_da II
17-12-2006, 01:01 AM
Oh my god.

KK, raise pre flop from 2 to 7.20. Re-raised to 15 by said nutter. I call and one other caller.

Flop J 4 8 rainbow. I bet UTG for 42. Then raised all in for another 12. 2 callers and I lose to J 4 off fuc ing suit.

Nutter had AJ btw.

I gotta stop playing, really have.

Maybe go all in pre-flop (after nutter re-raised you) to go heads up with the nutter.
Was a ludicrous call from Mr. J4o.

KevTheOptimist
17-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Yep. Ummed and arred about going all in but just wanted to see a flop without an ace as I had at least one of them on an ace.

No ace flopped so then took the opportunity to get heads up, matey hit the fluke though.

DANCOO
17-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Think I had about 2800, he had about 6000. Blinds at 300/600 with a 50 ante. I was on the button. 45 player tourney, 11 left at that point, top 7 got paid. My stack had slowly dwindled from 4000 when the antes came in.

(Only a $1+$0.20 tourney, but some of us are on much smaller stakes than others.)

To put it into perspective, using the tourney I just cashed in as an example.

I had around 3000 chips left when the blinds were 400/800, I was in about 30/32 at that point, and needed to make the top 20 to cash.

Every time I put my chips in, I was the one opening the betting, I never called for all my chips once (I obviously would have had I had AK/big PP).

When I was in 21/22 and second to act, I was dealt 99.
Blinds were around 800/1600, and I had around 6000 chips left.
UTG raised it up to 3200. I have to decide whether to push all in or fold.
I folded.
I would normally have called there, but I have been done SO MANY times in that position, I decided to fold as I didn't think I had a realistic chance of getting into top 10 (11-20 all pay the same), so I was just trying to survive.
The flop came 889, and I could have doubled up had I pushed all-in.
Saying that though, I still managed to finish in the money, so I don't think it was too bad a move, although it was a VERY tight one.

SamTheOldGoat
17-12-2006, 01:56 AM
^^ Top move imo Dan. Your literally on the bubble and it wasn't necessary, you stil have a couple of rounds left.... I like it and well done on the cash....

Any feelings on this, after I reraised I thought possibly the smooth call was the right move however with every draw imaginable I managed to convince myself x3 was correct..... any opinions, ps, I sat with 60 so had made profit in the ring so far and thought it worth taking down there and then albeit for 21$ or so...?
CLICK (http://www.pokerhand.org/?674968)

DANCOO
17-12-2006, 10:28 AM
^^ Top move imo Dan. Your literally on the bubble and it wasn't necessary, you stil have a couple of rounds left.... I like it and well done on the cash....

Any feelings on this, after I reraised I thought possibly the smooth call was the right move however with every draw imaginable I managed to convince myself x3 was correct..... any opinions, ps, I sat with 60 so had made profit in the ring so far and thought it worth taking down there and then albeit for 21$ or so...?
CLICK (http://www.pokerhand.org/?674968)

I think the re-raise was absolutely correct, although had you been first to act I would be looking to check/raise.
If he has any decent kind of a draw, he would have called, so you want to get as much in the pot as possible.
As you say, far too many potential draws out there.

SamTheOldGoat
17-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks, hit 3 sets of 9's over two tables and got heavily paid EVERY time in the last 15 minutes! Who was it who hasn't hit a set on stars as of yet ;)

Strathclyde Eagle
17-12-2006, 05:53 PM
That was me. :D

Got a set of Kings last night, unfortunately for me it completed an opponent's flush. :bash:

DANCOO
17-12-2006, 06:10 PM
What do people make of this hand >>> Omaha hi/lo (http://www.pokerhand.org/?676064) (I don't know why, but it doesn't show one of the cards as an actual graphic, just as an abbreviation).:confused:

Now, I gave him some grief for his call on the end.

He checks on the end, and I go all in.
He calls with a pair of J's to take down the high.
Now, I told him it was a pretty pathetic call. With a QK on the board, and no low, how many times does he expect to take the high with a pair of J's.
He reckons he had pot odds, as there was $60 in the pot, but I told him he was trying to make an excuse for a shit play.
He then said he missed all his draws, and thought he 'might aswell'.

Was I being harsh on him, or would anyone on here have made the call?
I personally wouldn't have had to even think about folding.

And to make matters worse, he got the extra penny.:grrr:

Funk Butter
17-12-2006, 06:54 PM
What do people make of this hand >>> Omaha hi/lo (http://www.pokerhand.org/?676064) (I don't know why, but it doesn't show one of the cards as an actual graphic, just as an abbreviation).:confused:

Now, I gave him some grief for his call on the end.

He checks on the end, and I go all in.
He calls with a pair of J's to take down the high.
Now, I told him it was a pretty pathetic call. With a QK on the board, and no low, how many times does he expect to take the high with a pair of J's.
He reckons he had pot odds, as there was $60 in the pot, but I told him he was trying to make an excuse for a shit play.
He then said he missed all his draws, and thought he 'might aswell'.

Was I being harsh on him, or would anyone on here have made the call?
I personally wouldn't have had to even think about folding.

And to make matters worse, he got the extra penny.:grrr:
I'm confused, there was only the Ace overcard on him, it looks like. And draws? He only had the K high flush draw. No straight draw. Had it been me, I probably would have reraised on the turn. You can be almost certain that he can't grab half the low, so you figure he's just playing the high, of which you still have ways to beat him. Now, normally when I see people raise in H/L they have A2xx, so he would have had 2 pair and called anyway. Hmm, maybe I would have played it the same way.

SamTheOldGoat
17-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Agree with you, never make that call in a million years with JJ and one card to come for second nut flush draw

SamTheOldGoat
17-12-2006, 07:10 PM
That's imo obv of course!

DANCOO
17-12-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm confused, there was only the Ace overcard on him, it looks like. And draws? He only had the K high flush draw. No straight draw. Had it been me, I probably would have reraised on the turn. You can be almost certain that he can't grab half the low, so you figure he's just playing the high, of which you still have ways to beat him. Now, normally when I see people raise in H/L they have A2xx, so he would have had 2 pair and called anyway. Hmm, maybe I would have played it the same way.

Don't know where I got the QK, and maybe I was being harsh, but I was still pissed off at the previous hand where my all-in on the turn got called (me with the nut low), only to be called by someone chasing an 8 high flush - and hitting it.
Still, I think it's a poor call on the river.
Oh yeah, this bloke had been pot raising pre-flop with hands like KK78, 79TJ, 2477...etc.

DANCOO
17-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Where do you Funk and STOG play hi/lo?
On Laddies, you are lucky to get 6 players on any of the tables (combined). Usually $0.25/$0.50 and $0.12/$0.25, and that's it!

Funk Butter
17-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Where do you Funk and STOG play hi/lo?
On Laddies, you are lucky to get 6 players on any of the tables (combined). Usually $0.25/$0.50 and $0.12/$0.25, and that's it!
I'm playing exclusively at PokerStars now. On any given day, they run about 20 Omaha tourneys, though they're mixed up between Limit, Pot Limit and H/L.

DANCOO
17-12-2006, 10:27 PM
I need to play on a site where people aren't ••••••• idiots.

Three tourneys I've ••••••• been knocked out of this evening, twice flopping A's, and just now with AA, people calling behind and hitting on the river.
It's a ••••••• joke.

David Amsalem
18-12-2006, 12:02 AM
You think you've got it bad?

In all of my tourneys, in the last couple of days, I've finished 4th. I have lost every hand against lower and higher stacks despite being leader pre-flop.

I never get outplayed yet I'm not getting any rewards. Surely, it is going to pay off soon. My reading has been spot on as well.

And if another idiot re-raises me when I've raised two/three/four times the blind and he has AJ, I'm going to go mad. AJ has beaten my pocket 8s, 9s x2, 10 x2. Don't these fools realise if a tight player raises, if they re-raise with AJ, they are going to be up against either a pocket pair of a AK/AQ etc and they are going to be behind? Everybody is in a bingo player.

I've lost to some shocking players today from all over the world.

I honestly just need some good fortune. If I could just win some of my 50-50s, I would be much more up then I am.

DANCOO
18-12-2006, 12:59 AM

Carlito_1 shows 8,7,6,3,A for Low
sune73 shows 8,7,5,3,2 for Low
sune73 wins $4.05 with low 8,7,5,3,2

:confused: :(

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 01:08 AM
what was board?

DANCOO
18-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Can't remember.

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Absolutely spewing, playing $215 Sunday Million, 6k runners, 180k first prize., check hand 17........ managed to build back up and last quite a bit longer but not what I wanted, donk probably popped in on a $2.20 triple shootout ffs

http://www.pokerhand.org/?676552

DANCOO
18-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Doing well on $0.12/$0.25 hi/lo

Bought in for $12, have reloaded another $12 once.

Currently up to $118

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Sorry, didnt look properly, will have a look in a mo mate, trying to play cash on party and stars

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Nice job Dan, that's top stuff, see hand above? ^

DANCOO
18-12-2006, 01:26 AM
Absolutely spewing, playing $215 Sunday Million, 6k runners, 180k first prize., check hand 17........ managed to build back up and last quite a bit longer but not what I wanted, donk probably popped in on a $2.20 triple shootout ffs

I probably wouldn't sleep tonight after that, sick.

$165,000GTD on Laddies now, nearly finished, been running over 9 hours.

Totally didn't know how to play this hand (first time I'm dealt AAKK double suited in hi/lo), or where I was in the hand.
Had I called, I would have won the high with the nut flush.

>>>Omaha hi/lo (http://www.pokerhand.org/?676935)

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 01:52 AM
Perfect laydown imo, you have nothing, when Jay bets 20 in front of you, your never calling to hit the J or running spades, standard lay down I think.... someone may be pushing with set club flush draw etc.... that's what I think of it?!?

DANCOO
18-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Perfect laydown imo, you have nothing, when Jay bets 20 in front of you, your never calling to hit the J or running spades, standard lay down I think.... someone may be pushing with set club flush draw etc.... that's what I think of it?!?

Not sure whether or not I should have re-raised pot pre-flop? Would have maybe got me down to three players max?

oz_da II
18-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Not sure whether or not I should have re-raised pot pre-flop? Would have maybe got me down to three players max?

I think so, bump it up when you got the best of it and get rid of at least one of them.

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 02:07 AM
You reraise pre-flop, Jay would you would hope pass with his hand, but wobbly would call and obv push after flop then you pass and after you potted PF which is $22 or so, you would have spent a fair old bit to lay it down, so it worked out in the end, but I also like the pot pre flop too..... opinion?

oz_da II
18-12-2006, 02:09 AM

Stinky call from donkboy pre-flop.

Funk Butter
18-12-2006, 07:03 AM
I got knocked out on the first hand of an Omaha tourney yesterday (don't ask), but tonight:

PokerStars Tournament #37780340, Pot Limit Omaha
Buy-In: $30.00/$3.00
125 players
Total Prize Pool: $3750.00
Tournament started - 2006/12/17 - 22:30:00 (ET)

Dear FunkButter,

A $1,078.13 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 277.35 tournament leader points in this tournament.

DANCOO
18-12-2006, 09:47 AM
I think so, bump it up when you got the best of it and get rid of at least one of them.

If it was omaha, I definately would have re-raised, but with hi/lo I wasn't sure what the best play would have been (still learning).

DANCOO
18-12-2006, 09:51 AM
I got knocked out on the first hand of an Omaha tourney yesterday (don't ask), but tonight:

PokerStars Tournament #37780340, Pot Limit Omaha
Buy-In: $30.00/$3.00
125 players
Total Prize Pool: $3750.00
Tournament started - 2006/12/17 - 22:30:00 (ET)

Dear FunkButter,

A $1,078.13 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 277.35 tournament leader points in this tournament.

Only played one omaha tourney, and that was hi/lo.
Wasn't too sure how to keep increasing chip stack when not getting any decent cards.

Funk, what do you make of the following?

KevTheOptimist
18-12-2006, 12:26 PM

I honestly just need some good fortune. If I could just win some of my 50-50s, I would be much more up then I am.

Ditto my man. 90% of poker is luck when you play it online.

PoolKing
18-12-2006, 12:31 PM

Absolute rubbish. Start recording your stats using poker tracker or poker office and then you will see over time that luck evens out. Sure there are long periods where nothing goes your way but believe me there will be a time where you are invincible!

DANCOO
18-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by PoolKing
Absolute rubbish. Start recording your stats using poker tracker or poker office and then you will see over time that luck evens out. Sure there are long periods where nothing goes your way but believe me there will be a time where you are invincible!

Quite amusing last night.

Played in a $3000GTD freeroll for cash players who had accumulated a certain amount of points.
Around 200 entrants, within and hour and a half it was down to 30.:D
Needless to say, my pre-flop all-in AA got cracked by 1010.:rolleyes:

PoolKing
18-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Quite amusing last night.

Played in a $3000GTD freeroll for cash players who had accumulated a certain amount of points.
Around 200 entrants, within and hour and a half it was down to 30.:D
Needless to say, my pre-flop all-in AA got cracked by 1010.:rolleyes:

Ok, ok, please stop with the bad beat stories :D

Dancoo, as a good player you know enough to realise that you got your money in as a big favourite, AA is 80-20 vs. TT so you will lose approximately 1 time in 5 with these hands. Over time though in the same situation you will win in 4 out of 5 times :p

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 01:12 PM
standard^^^

ANyone know how to import HH without having pokeroffice open, as when you search and browse for the HH, there are so many options, I'm not sure what I've just been playing on or what stakes?

Nice score Funk...

still grr @ http://www.pokerhand.org/?676552 this morning, Another day, another doller :D

Dan, try Omaha, I'm playing more of it now, it's brilliant!

DANCOO
18-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by PoolKing
Ok, ok, please stop with the bad beat stories :D

Dancoo, as a good player you know enough to realise that you got your money in as a big favourite, AA is 80-20 vs. TT so you will lose approximately 1 time in 5 with these hands. Over time though in the same situation you will win in 4 out of 5 times :p

Wasn't 'bad beating it', just an add on to what I found quite amusing.

Standard tourney players, it's going to take three hours to whittle the players down to 30 from 200+...cash players on the other hand, so bloody impatient.:D

oz_da II
18-12-2006, 01:34 PM
I never get outplayed yet I'm not getting any rewards. Surely, it is going to pay off soon. My reading has been spot on as well.

Why not try to avoid so many 50-50 situations?

I find your first sentence hard to believe.

oz_da II
18-12-2006, 01:35 PM

You SOS and Dave need to form some kind of club... :moo:

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 02:33 PM
:D

Funk Butter
18-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Only played one omaha tourney, and that was hi/lo.
Wasn't too sure how to keep increasing chip stack when not getting any decent cards.

Funk, what do you make of the following?

Hmm, don't know what I did but I guess I misread the original post. The best way to remember it is to compare the 2 hands and find out which one would win the high. Then the other one is the one that wins the low.

KevTheOptimist
18-12-2006, 04:34 PM
You SOS and Dave need to form some kind of club... :moo:

Bad poker players always blame their losses on luck! I don't think I'm a very good poker player on cash tables, way too tight etc, but do like my chances in tournies where my play becomes a lot better.

But due to the amount of time a tourney can take and the lack of time I have, I generally just play cash as it is a 'time filler'.

Having said all of that, I am the most unlucky poker player ever, end of.

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Never seen anything like this? Check the stack, she was left with $3 to call, :D
CLICK (http://www.pokerhand.org/?677994)

saul1664
18-12-2006, 04:38 PM
How do you get players of hands. This just happened

0.50/1.00

QK raise 4, 3 callers flop QK 2 (2 hearts)

small stacks with me call all in, other folds, he turns over 10 A

J River

No pot odds, no pair, no flush and only 4 cards in deck yet still pushes all in

KevTheOptimist
18-12-2006, 04:45 PM
How do you rate stars STOG?

I think I've joined that before and won some money but anything you win over and above the money you deposited has to be paid by cheque? Is it the same for you?

oz_da II
18-12-2006, 04:48 PM
How do you get players of hands. This just happened

0.50/1.00

QK raise 4, 3 callers flop QK 2 (2 hearts)

small stacks with me call all in, other folds, he turns over 10 A

J River

No pot odds, no pair, no flush and only 4 cards in deck yet still pushes all in

I want them calling/going "all in" in that situation.

KevTheOptimist
18-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Agreed, getting someone all in in that spot is the best possible outcome Saul. God knows what his odds are for a 4 outer but he would need to play a lot of hands for that to pay, just so happens the hand he played against you was one of them......

That sort of thing is the norm for me....lol

oz_da II
18-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Agreed, getting someone all in in that spot is the best possible outcome Saul. God knows what his odds are for a 4 outer but he would need to play a lot of hands for that to pay

About 9%.

oz_da II
18-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Bad poker players always blame their losses on luck! I don't think I'm a very good poker player on cash tables, way too tight etc, but do like my chances in tournies where my play becomes a lot better.

But due to the amount of time a tourney can take and the lack of time I have, I generally just play cash as it is a 'time filler'.

Tight aggressive players players should make cash all day long in small stake cash games. Get a starting hand range in order, be slightly looser in position and never (let's say rarely) fold big pots (you'd be amazed what people are playing with). It's a guaranteed bankroll booster.

If you don't like big variance play limits.

DANCOO
18-12-2006, 05:00 PM
HOW SICK IS THIS >>> omaha hi/lo (http://www.pokerhand.org/?678029)

I asked him after why he didn't raise, and he said that he thought a full house would beat his straight flush!!! nnngggg.

So, he called, wioth what he effectively though was just a straight, and didn't even think he couls win the pot anyway.

What an absolute ••••••• muppet!
I would have prefered him to have known the value of his and to have put me all-in.

:D:D And I'm watching him keep on trying to draw to straights, when there are flushes and boats out there!

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 05:03 PM
About 9%.

More isn't it, about 17% I thought, but oculd be way wrong!

I rate stars highly, every sort of tourny you can imagine, high stakes and low stakes rebuys, freezeouts, 1 rebuy and add ons, omaha, studd, razz, 8 or better, SNG's, a load of american donks=bliss

I transfer straight in from Switch which happens right away, but $50 min deposit.......... Have a go this evening?

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 05:05 PM
HOW SICK IS THIS >>> omaha hi/lo (http://www.pokerhand.org/?678029)

I asked him after why he didn't raise, and he said that he though a full house would beat his staright flush!!! nnngggg.

So, he called, wioth what he effectively though was just a straight, and didn't even think he couls win the pot anyway.

What an absolute ••••••• muppet!
I would have prefered him to have known the value of his and to have put me all-in.

:D:D And I'm watching him keep on trying to draw to straights, when there are flushes and boats out there!

GG, sicko, at least it wasn't your stack, you thought the turn was the dream too didn't you!

oz_da II
He flopped it as well, quite plain to see.. :moo:

KevTheOptimist
Tight aggressive players players should make cash all day long in small stake cash games. Get a starting hand range in order, be slightly looser in position and never (let's say rarely) fold big pots (you'd be amazed what people are playing with). It's a guaranteed bankroll booster.

If you don't like big variance play limits.

Yeah, like I've said before, my cash play makes me a bit machine like(which I don't mind because I get my A game out for tournies etc where I have amore fun), so I make money regulary and steadily. My big problem comes when I get my monster hands crakced for a lot of money.

I hardly ever get all in without being in front but the problem with my style of play is that a lot of hard work can be undone in one hand.

I've played limit and I did like it but I found that mega boring.

SamTheOldGoat
18-12-2006, 05:08 PM
see above for recommendatiosn of PS Kev

oz_da II
18-12-2006, 05:08 PM
More isn't it, about 17% I thought, but oculd be way wrong!

Ah yes of course 17% after the flop, I thought it was after the turn which is 9%.
Saul needs www.pokerhand.org... ;)