PDA

View Full Version : Clint's Celebration

MATTY THE EAGLE
21-11-2005, 10:15 AM
What was that all about? Did not do much all game, apart from set up Sir Jobi. The whistle goes and without even shaking other players hands etc just bundles straight into the away end! A few Palace get on the pitch to celebrate then he continues to celebrate away before going back on the pitch to celebrate with team mates.

Also why did Jobi not come over and milk the appluase a bit more? and a Tame Dowie fisting I must say!

Ian of Chatham
21-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by MATTY THE EAGLE
What was that all about? Did not do much all game, apart from set up Sir Jobi.
...and set up Sir Dougie for his first goal.

Dorking .Eagle
21-11-2005, 10:23 AM
just bundles straight into the away end! A few Palace get on the pitch to celebrate

Get onto the track more like - the pitch was 50 yards away!

Pub Idol
21-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Those of us that watched it on telly saw all celebrations thanks to skys shit coverage!

MATTY THE EAGLE
Originally posted by Dorking .Eagle
Get onto the track more like - the pitch was 50 yards away!

:D

Well as close to the pitch as you can get then!

davematt
Tame Dowie fisting I must say!

He was having coins pelted at him so wanted to make a swift exit!!

MATTY THE EAGLE
21-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by davematt

My mate did mention this, scummers.

Still we beat the scum 3-2:D

davematt
21-11-2005, 10:29 AM
My mate did mention this, scummers.

Still we beat the scum 3-2:D

I know!! Must really ruin your week seeing your beloved team concede a goal 3 minutes into injury time against your biggest rivals!!

I can imagine them all now in their classes/offices just sitting their feeling sorry for themselves! Normally I have some pitty for anyone who concedes such a late goal, but not this time!!!:lux:

brighton_eagle
21-11-2005, 10:31 AM
What was that all about? Did not do much all game, apart from set up Sir Jobi.

And had a hand in both Dougie goals, and set up a great chance for Watson. But apart from getting two assists, no, he did nothing.

MATTY THE EAGLE
21-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
And had a hand in both Dougie goals, and set up a great chance for Watson. But apart from getting two assists, no, he did nothing.

:rolleyes:

Bloody Hell! Calm down, we beat your home town club 3-2 in the last minute and you want to start nit picking and having a go!

Bet your the same person that told me and my pals to "Calm Down" when Jobi scored:D

Cleon
21-11-2005, 10:33 AM
It was a quiet day for Morrison. Set up two goals, and a third opportunity that Watson should have buried.

Can't wait to see him back on form tomorrow then.

brighton_eagle
21-11-2005, 10:36 AM
:rolleyes:

Bloody Hell! Calm down, we beat your home town club 3-2 in the last minute and you want to start nit picking and having a go!

Bet your the same person that told me and my pals to "Calm Down" when Jobi scored:D

I'm perfectly calm young man. Just wondering what match you were watching.

davematt
21-11-2005, 10:37 AM

Really?? Someone actually said that!!!

Oh dear

To be fair, although CLinton did assist with two goals, I generally thought he had a quiet (Not poor) game, and that was mainly down to the shit for service. Most of the balls ito him n the first half were coming down from the moon so he had no real chance of making an impact with this sort of service.

Shipp Ahoy!
21-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Clinton shows passion for Palace and is criticised for it???

Unbelievable! He had a quiet game? He got into good positions but didn't the ball too often, played a great role linking up and created 2 goals and at least one other great chance.

I dispair sometimes.

MATTY THE EAGLE
21-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
I'm perfectly calm young man. Just wondering what match you were watching.

To be fair I couldnt see all anyway! expect Jobi's winner

brighton_eagle
21-11-2005, 10:39 AM
To be fair I couldnt see all anyway! expect Jobi's winner

Fair enough, it is a shit view.

GreatGonzo
21-11-2005, 10:39 AM
The celebration was about Clinton being about the closest thing we have to a 'fan' on the pitch. He absolutely loves this club and he knows how much that game meant (he was the best player in the 1st game) and he wanted to celebrate with the fans.

You obviously don't watch clinton at the end of games, he always runs straight off the pitch (not entirely sure why) and he went straight to the dressing room after leaving the fans.

MATTY THE EAGLE
21-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Really?? Someone actually said that!!!

Oh dear

Gods honest truth, we all bundled down the front going sick etc, and this bloke goes "Calm Down", have a day off mate!, Injury time winner against the scum and you want me to clam down!:eek:

MATTY THE EAGLE
21-11-2005, 10:41 AM
I'd like to make this clear Im not having a Pop at Clint at all, I love the lad to bits, just suprised and shocked in a nice way that he forget the rest of his team mates and just bundled in!

Good Lad :)

brighton_eagle
21-11-2005, 10:43 AM
He's Palace through and through. He never wanted to go to Brum, and you can see from the way he's played since his return how pleased he is to be home.

willythesqueeze
21-11-2005, 10:47 AM

From what I remember of that stand they were probably just scared that the thing would collapse. :D

PengeEagle
21-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Although Clint did not have his best game, he did set up 2 goals and had a hand in the other with the flick on... as somebody said I would love to see him have a great game!

Ian of Chatham
21-11-2005, 11:14 AM
I cannot understand this. They're going to need every penny to finance Falmer. Maybe a Brighton official picked up all the coins and put it in the club's piggy bank at the end.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
Clinton shows passion for Palace and is criticised for it???

Unbelievable! He had a quiet game? He got into good positions but didn't the ball too often, played a great role linking up and created 2 goals and at least one other great chance.

I dispair sometimes.

I couldnt agree more. Clinton is a known palace fan and truly understands the rivalry between the two clubs. Good on him.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
23-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Clinton Morrison did indeed get into some good positions, and more often than not the ball went sailing over his head from a wayward shot, rather than a simple cross. The fact that he made 2 such good assists during the game must have made this all the more frustrating. Let the man celebrate!

Also good to see Kiraly celebrating the winner actually behind Brighton's goal! That must have been some trot!

Walrus
23-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro

Also good to see Kiraly celebrating the winner actually behind Brighton's goal! That must have been some trot!

Gabor was probably uber-grateful that his penalty save that wasn't was neatly erased from the record books. :o

Can someone tell me why on earth ANYONE with a red and blue bone in their body is picking on a Palace player going mental with the fans and showing desire, passion and pride in the shirt?

I fcuking love you, Clinton :love: :love: