PDA

View Full Version : Snooker Clubs

TN16_Eagle
06-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Anyone a member of the snooker club in either Petts Wood or Bromley North? Can you please advise me on cost, facilities, membership etc?

Is it worth the money? Open all the time?

Cheers TN16.

Igor Iconic
06-01-2006, 10:26 AM
I used to be a member of the Bromley snooker club a couple of years back. no its not open all the time despite misleading adverts. The place was (probably still is) run by a bunch of bored stoners. I once asked a guy behind the counter for the time and he replied "what, now?". Go figure.

The snooker tables upstairs were always in good nick if the scoreboards weren't, and the blue room was a bit pricey but good for a game of doubles. The bar staff sometimes lose track of how many beers who have ordered for the table and you can get away with paying for only one each when in fact you have had about ten and been there for hours. Which is a bonus. The Beechtree pub over the road from the snooker hall is a shithole and not worth the visit.

TN16_Eagle
06-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Igor Iconic
I used to be a member of the Bromley snooker club a couple of years back. no its not open all the time despite misleading adverts. The place was (probably still is) run by a bunch of bored stoners. I once asked a guy behind the counter for the time and he replied "what, now?". Go figure.

The snooker tables upstairs were always in good nick if the scoreboards weren't, and the blue room was a bit pricey but good for a game of doubles. The bar staff sometimes lose track of how many beers who have ordered for the table and you can get away with paying for only one each when in fact you have had about ten and been there for hours. Which is a bonus. The Beechtree pub over the road from the snooker hall is a shithole and not worth the visit.

Cheers II. as long as the tables are in good nick thats the main thing, was it expensive then?

2can
06-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I was a member of the Bromley snooker club for a couple of years. I wouldn't consider joining again. Expensive (both for membership and for play), staff hell bent on ripping you off and a generally unfriendly place. You can't get in after 11 and you often need to wait up to an hour for a table.

On the other hand, the snooker tables were in good nick - not sure about the pool tables as I never played on them. Their equipment wasn't bad either and it doesn't smell as much of weed as most clubs.

When I'm down south, I go to Penge as I can tolerate the smell, its cheaper and you don't need to be a member. They've recently done it up too.

Igor Iconic
06-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by TN16_Eagle
Cheers II. as long as the tables are in good nick thats the main thing, was it expensive then?

Yeah it was quite expensive I think, unless the bar staff mess up. I am now a member of the Rileys IQ place in Victoria which is okay, except that you have to book snooker tables in advance as they only have 4. A lot of pool tables though if that's your thing.

PengeEagle
08-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Penge Snooker!

butch03
11-01-2006, 05:16 AM
frames in coulsdon is good 20 tables , riley's in thoenton heath under new mangement they have 15 tables