PDA

View Full Version : The best moment from last night...

P.Hep
21-01-2006, 12:13 PM
At the end of the match it was an uplifting sight to see the returning hero, back at Selhurst, applauding the whole stadium and receiving a standing ovation and a chant of "one Stevie Coppell" in return.

It genuinely seemed that he wanted to applaud us as much as we wanted to applaud him.

A top man and a top manger! :p

mik59
21-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I have a feeling in my water that Sir SC does not feel the affection for his current clubs, or previous clubs, that he does for us although Reading fans revere him for what he's done for them. And indeed I feel he never will.

andyocpfc
21-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Still think he'll come home one day again although in truth probably not in the near future while SJ is there.

andyocpfc
21-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by mik59
I have a feeling in my water that Sir SC does not feel the affection for his current clubs, or previous clubs, that he does for us although Reading fans revere him for what he's done for them. And indeed I feel he never will.

Totally agree, he shows far less excitment and affection than when he was with us and to me thats obvious to see.

PengeEagle
21-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Coppell loves Palace and has a great affection for the club, which i dont see for any of his previous clubs and his current one.

jone-zee
21-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Had We won I was hoping to see Iain and Stevie join hands and run up to The Holmesdale to give a double 'fisting'.:lux:

It was clear to see there was a lot of respect at the end from both teams to each other.

mik59
21-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by jone-zee
Had We won I was hoping to see Iain and Stevie join hands and run up to The Holmesdale to give a double 'fisting'.:lux: No pain no gain?

Stockport_Eagle
21-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by mik59
Indeed. Not many people have, or will recieve a reception like the one he got at the Fairfield Halls for a supporters trust meeting when we were in administration. I wont forget it and it wasn't my reception, so I'm very sure he wont.

Chris K
21-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by jone-zee
Had We won I was hoping to see Iain and Stevie join hands and run up to The Holmesdale to give a double 'fisting'.:lux:

ooo kinky :o

Still think he'll come home one day again although in truth probably not in the near future while SJ is there.

I was thinking this last night as well when he was applauding the fans. All this past week he's been talking about us with great great fondness how he wants us to go up etc etc. I certainly don't think we've seen the last of him at the club in one capacity or another.