PDA

View Full Version : Routledge joins Pompey

Kirby
30-01-2006, 03:16 PM
On loan! Just broke on SSN.

joe walker
30-01-2006, 03:20 PM
a good move for him, because he aint getting a look in at Spurs (thanks mainly to a broken foot and Aaron Lennon)

don't be surprised now if Pompey get relegated

Jacko
30-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Just for first-team experience, or is Jol regretting his purchase?

Would you have him back at Selhurst? I think I would.

Kirby
30-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Good move for both parties IMO. But is Redknapp actually trying to get the whole Spurs team?

Penge69
30-01-2006, 03:23 PM
source?

Anerley Eagle
Portsmouth are becoming the Spurs reserve team!

SpikeyMatt
Good for him.

Neil
Wonder how long it'll get that team to settle.

Jacko
Originally posted by Penge69
source?

Sky Sports News. He's at Pompey for the rest of the season.

Palaceboy222
30-01-2006, 03:24 PM
http://www.pompeyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10396~775726,00.html?ptvParm=

POMPEY SWOOP FOR ANOTHER JANUARY SIGNING

Wayne Routledge

Pompey have announced another January signing with the arrival of speedy winger Wayne Routledge on loan until the end of the season.

Ironically two of the three games Routledge has appeared in since his summer signing for Spurs from Crystal Palace were the games against Pompey making his debut at Fratton Park in the opening game of the season.

Routledge signed as a trainee for Crystal Palace in 2001 and after breaking into the first team in 2002 at just 16 he scored after just a minute. From there on the pacey wide man gained rave reviews which eventually tempted Spurs into signing him last summer.

At 21 he has been part of the England Under-21 squad making 3 appearances and boss Harry Redknapp was delighted to acquire his services.

"Wayne has an awful lot of ability and is still at an age where there is a lot of room for him to become a really great player.

"We are crying out for a wide man and to get someone in the mould of Wayne is tremendous and he will really give us the width we have been missing.

"There were very encouraging signs against Liverpool and we have now added a bit more quality in a position where we can create a lot more danger in the opposing penalty box."

Routledge is added to the squad for Wednesday evening's match against Bolton at Fratton Park, with squad number 24 .

Anerley Eagle
30-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Penge69
source?

Pompey website & sky sports

Palaceboy222
30-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Jacko

Would you have him back at Selhurst? I think I would.

yes

adrenalin john
30-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Glad he will get some first team experience, not sure it is such a great idea adding another relegation to his cv though.

kolinkins
30-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Hope he does really well. GOOD LUCK WAYNE.

I want Pompey to stay up now.

Needless to say some idiots on the BBS will not wish Wayne well.

joe walker
30-01-2006, 03:30 PM
good point Neil, it will take ages

i mean, the team under Perrin hadn't even gelled, but now its gonna be very difficult, how many has he signed now?

benjani
olisadebe
pedro mendes
sean davis
pamarot
routledge

thats just at the top of my head

they must have a HUGE squad at the moment, it will be interesting to see how HR copes with keeping them all happy

i still think pompeys biggest mistake was letting Perrin flog Arjan de Zeeuw

BBD
30-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Has he turned into Vince Hilaire?
Only ended up with about 165 minutes play for Spuz.
Still believe he should be a Palace player.
Problem was he wasn't even offered a new contract til just before Xmas when it should've been laid out in front of him on his 18th Birthday.

Psychokiller
30-01-2006, 03:31 PM
So much for his wanky agent saying he would further his career at Spurs. He's now joined a squad that is 20 times worse than ours was last season.

Away Day Eagle
30-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by BBD
Has he turned into Vince Hilaire?
Only ended up with about 165 minutes play for Spuz.
Still believe he should be a Palace player.
Problem was he wasn't even offered a new contract til just before Xmas when it should've been laid out in front of him on his 18th Birthday.

Correct Don.

Check PMs son.

Palaceboy222
30-01-2006, 03:35 PM
He also wasn't best pleased that in the summer Kaviedes, Torghelle, Lakis, Kolkka, etc all came in and got 10-12 times larger contracts than him when he played every week and they barely played

RDSdaEAGLE
30-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Hope he does really well. GOOD LUCK WAYNE.

I want Pompey to stay up now.

I'd like to see Wayne do well, but with the ultimate goal of Portsmouth getting relegated. They are not mutually exclusive.

Portsmouth are a corrupt bunch, their chairman, their manager...they deserve it. Their fans are good people, but someone has to lose.

Neil
30-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
I'd like to see Wayne do well, but with the ultimate goal of Portsmouth getting relegated. They are not mutually exclusive.

Portsmouth are a corrupt bunch, their chairman, their manager...they deserve it. Their fans are good people, but someone has to lose.

I'm still bitter at them for what they did on the last game of last season. I hope they go down!

anti-addick
30-01-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm pleased this has all happened, but at the same time angry that we've had a player taken like this and dumped - NOBODY has gained from it except the agent. In cases like these there should be intervention or investigation from the FA to stop it happening. It's not good for football.

firesign
30-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Palaceboy222
http://www.pompeyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10396~775726,00.html?ptvParm=

"We are crying out for a wide man and to get someone in the mould of Wayne is tremendous and he will really give us the width we have been missing.

I'm sure he will give them some width however I am less certain that he will give them much else - such as a decent cross.

Kirby
From their official website:

Pompey have announced another January signing with the arrival of speedy winger Wayne Routledge on loan until the end of the season.

Ironically two of the three games Routledge has appeared in since his summer signing for Spurs from Crystal Palace were the games against Pompey making his debut at Fratton Park in the opening game of the season.

Routledge signed as a trainee for Crystal Palace in 2001 and after breaking into the first team in 2002 at just 16 he scored after just a minute. From there on the pacey wide man gained rave reviews which eventually tempted Spurs into signing him last summer.

At 21 he has been part of the England Under-21 squad making 3 appearances and boss Harry Redknapp was delighted to acquire his services.

"Wayne has an awful lot of ability and is still at an age where there is a lot of room for him to become a really great player.

"There were very encouraging signs against Liverpool and we have now added a bit more quality in a position where we can create a lot more danger in the opposing penalty box."

Routledge is added to the squad for Wednesday evening's match against Bolton at Fratton Park, with squad number 24.

Stone Eagle
Should do his confidence good and help further his career by getting relegated two years on the trott

Son of Ron
30-01-2006, 03:41 PM
no-one forced him to sign up with that agent did they.

maybe he will learn now that the grass isn't always greener.
and how to take a bloody corner that evades the first defender.

Kirby
30-01-2006, 03:42 PM
and he's not the only one they've signed today.....

Portsmouth have also announced the signing of Serbia and Montenegro International Ongnijen Koroman.

Palaceboy222
30-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Good Luck Wayno, but i still hope Pompy go down, unfortuantly because of Sunderland, Pompy, WBA and Birmingham can't all go down :(

But as long as Birmingscum go down, who cares?

Dal
30-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Oh dear.

Can't he get in the side at Spurs?

Didn't we tell him so?

Chris K
30-01-2006, 03:52 PM
hmmm the words 'told you so' spring to mind for some reason.

Ah good luck anyway.

st albans
30-01-2006, 03:53 PM
i don't think this move will do him any good.

mainstandeagle
30-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Chris K
hmmm the words 'told you so' spring to mind for some reason.

Ah good luck anyway.

Nah I don't think I will wish him good luck.

Pompey will hopefully be relegated.

John.K
30-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by firesign
I'm sure he will give them some width however I am less certain that he will give them much else - such as a decent cross.

How many assits did he get last year? refresh my memory please

boxing francis
30-01-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm sure he has the right attitude for a relegation battle.

Lord Flange
30-01-2006, 03:58 PM
I hate spuz and there youth theiving policy .

If routledge ends up at at Pompey for good I'm gonna be f@cking annoyed that spurs dicked us around for months , stole one of our most gifted players for peanuts only to give up on him and ship him out to the pikey scum on the South coast.

What I suppose I am really trying to say is that with hindsight Spurs may well have left alone and we would still have the this wonderfully talented boy on our books taking my breath away from time to time ...the more I type this the more it is making my blood boil! :veryangry :veryangry

Newts G
30-01-2006, 03:59 PM
So SJ was right again then :eek:

This move was the wrong one for him, and he did not listen to the people around him actually looking out for his best interests.

I dont wish him any ill will and will probably look out for the reports on his performances, but I dont think I will be wishing him "good luck" afterall he is not our player and I am sure he was given all the good luck messages when he left us.

the one
30-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Even though I wish Wayne well I hope Pompey get relegated. I've got that hate for Harry Rednap and their chairman like most othe Palace fans even though I love their supporters. As already said they're too corrupt and for that they deserve to go down.

I'd like to see Birmingham and Sunderland go down with them.

And since we're wishing for things I'd like us to get promoted and win the FA cup in the process:lux: :lux: :lux:

Newts G
30-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Lord Flange
I hate spuz and there youth theiving policy .

If routledge ends up at at Pompey for good I'm gonna be f@cking annoyed that spurs dicked us around for months , stole one of our most gifted players for peanuts only to give up on him and ship him out to the pikey scum on the South coast.

What I suppose I am really trying to say is that with hindsight Spurs may well have left alone and we would still have the this wonderfully talented boy on our books taking my breath away from time to time ...the more I type this the more it is making my blood boil! :veryangry :veryangry

Wayne signed the contract, nobody else

dave_who_ru
30-01-2006, 04:06 PM
OK I know the injury was unfortunate but what a waste of a season.

Out of the Spurs team and probably no where near the under 21s.

BBD
30-01-2006, 04:09 PM
If they have any sense Pompeii will add another 5 hours to Vince Hilaire's weekly contract and get him to give Wayne the first decent 1 on 1 wing coaching he's ever received. Getting players within 25 yards that he can pass to might help Harry's new acquisition too.

kolinkins
30-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Well, he's still playing at a higher level than Palace

Thanet Eagle
30-01-2006, 04:13 PM

Until Pompey get relegated in May.

Sussex Eagle
30-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Good move for him, should think he'll do enough to get himself back in contention at Sppuz next year. Just hope for his sake he doesn't get even more scumbags with cash corrupting him considering the people at that club.

MAFL
30-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Is Harry Redknapp trying to win some world record in buying most players in a life time, he buys around 20 players every season.

MAFL
30-01-2006, 04:15 PM
HR must be the dream for an agent.

cpfcben
30-01-2006, 04:18 PM
This was the mysterious player Lion and Trolley were talking about. Our bid to sign him failed. He would have been embarrassed if he would have had to come back to us!

Oh well- next target.... NO ONE!

Trilby
30-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Well, he's still playing at a higher level than Palace Just.

Jonboy
30-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by MAFL
Is Harry Redknapp trying to win some world record in buying most players in a life time, he buys around 20 players every season.

Harry Redknapp in flurry of player transfers shocker. :eek:

And on a totally unrelated topic, I wonder if there is anywhere in Southampton where you can get some good, strong, brown pa... [edited by me before the mods gte to it]

Voldo
30-01-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm glad he is in another relegation dog fight..serves the little merde right...i do wish him well don't get me wrong..but for some reason i feel very happy bout this.

Its the best thing to happen, 2nd only to breaking his foot 70 minutes into his debut

Andy08
30-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Good move for pompey

RDSdaEAGLE
30-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by cpfcben
This was the mysterious player Lion and Trolley were talking about. Our bid to sign him failed. He would have been embarrassed if he would have had to come back to us!

Oh well- next target.... NO ONE!

Err, Lion reckons the player we showed an interest in is Rory Delap.

YASSA the PALACETINIAN
30-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by MAFL
Is Harry (the Flinch) Redknapp trying to win some world record in buying most players in a life time, he buys around 20 players every season.

Probably holds the world record for bungs.......:hmph:

Clapham Grand
30-01-2006, 04:41 PM
hardly a surprise I guess

stanleyknife
30-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Hope he gets injured again, and they get relegated. Spurs are also linked with some other dutch midfielder, so he will be lucky to get a reserve jersey next season. Hard lurk wayne, dee-lighted

Esher Eagles
30-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Not sure why we are even debating this PAST palace player.

Who incidently through the hallowed shirt into the mud !!! Who cares ???

Spurs realise this was a poor buy, he will be gone by the end of the season. Lets not remember Routledges Palace contribution through 'Rose Tinted Glasses'. I was never a fan !!!

Eagles Fan
30-01-2006, 04:56 PM
He also wasn't best pleased that in the summer Kaviedes, Torghelle, Lakis, Kolkka, etc all came in and got 10-12 times larger contracts than him when he played every week and they barely played Kaviedes was yonks ago mate

alaneagle
30-01-2006, 04:56 PM
palace should have put routledge on a five year contract before we went up, it was stupid to wait so long, i hope the same thing doesn't happen with watson and soares

PauLo
30-01-2006, 04:57 PM
i'd welcome him back ANYDAY. shame his gone to yet another club which acts as retirement home for decent players.

Palaceboy222
30-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Eagles Fan
Kaviedes was yonks ago mate

those players came in the summer we got promoted and got 10-12 times what Routledge was on, thats why he got the hump, and thats why he left

norwood_girl
30-01-2006, 05:02 PM
We could have all predicted that Wayne was going to see very little first team action with the Spuds. I dunno what happened with his contract at Palace but I think his mother and agent were instrumental in his decision to leave Palace. I spoke to him a few months ago (at the hairdressers!) and he seemed quite sad about leaving us.

dodge_bond
30-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Good signing for portsmouth. Hes just what they have needed since Steve Stone left.

alaneagle
30-01-2006, 05:11 PM
this is the kind of signing we shud have made last season

WorthingEagle
30-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by John.K
How many assits did he get last year? refresh my memory please

About 15 less than he should have had. And 5 goals less.

alaneagle
30-01-2006, 05:18 PM
lets be fair he was 19-20
none of our other juniors could make it

eddieskyclad
30-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Newts G
This move was the wrong one for him, and he did not listen to the people around him actually looking out for his best interests. How was the move wrong exactly?

He's getting paid a lot more money than he would have had he stayed at Palace which equals far better security for himself and his family. He's also going to get further Premiership experience with a top manager and to top that all off he's still at Tottenham and there's no reason should he progress at Pompey he won't be playing in the Spurs first team next season.

c_block_lad
30-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Intresting how people are pointing the finger at Routledge's agent. Believe me, as I posted 2/3 years ago, Routledge wanted to move and did not have any intention of signing a new contract with Palace.

Will he be doing crocodile tears on the pitch come May when Portsmouth get relegated? A La The Valley.

c_block_lad
30-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by eddieskyclad
How was the move wrong exactly?

Wrong because at his age there is no better education than playing week in week out, instead he does not make the bench at Spurs, and will only play a handful of games at Portsmouth. Every man and his dog knew that he needed to stay at Palace for at least another season playing week in week out to have any chance of breaking into the Spurs team.

MAFL
30-01-2006, 05:47 PM
What are Portsmouth doing, now DAllessandro is being linked, do they think all players will gel in four months? It seems desperate.

Eagle Andy
30-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Ever wanted to say, "I told you so!" But best of luck to him, I don't hate him for going, I just think it was the wrong move and this helps prove that.... He should have learnt from his mate Julian Gray.....

crystal essex
30-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by stanleyknife
Hope he gets injured again, and they get relegated. Spurs are also linked with some other dutch midfielder, so he will be lucky to get a reserve jersey next season. Hard lurk wayne, dee-lighted I can't understand why you hope he gets injured.

c_block_lad
30-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by crystal essex
I can't understand why you hope he gets injured.

How about throwing his shirt to the ground or his crocodile tears on the pitch after Charlton?

kolinkins
30-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Intresting how people are pointing the finger at Routledge's agent. Believe me, as I posted 2/3 years ago, Routledge wanted to move and did not have any intention of signing a new contract with Palace.

Will he be doing crocodile tears on the pitch come May when Portsmouth get relegated? A La The Valley.

Crocodile tears? You clearly havent heard what he was like after the game. He was desperate to keep Palace up.

The agent got in Routledge's ear, added to that, our chairman messed him about.

He is the player we miss the most this season. IMHO, more than we would have missed AJ if he had gone.

crystal essex
30-01-2006, 06:06 PM
How about throwing his shirt to the ground or his crocodile tears on the pitch after Charlton?
Old history it's time to move on.

c_block_lad
30-01-2006, 06:09 PM

The agent got in Routledge's ear, added to that, our chairman messed him about.

Complete and utter shite.

I do not any have "inside contacts", but the one time I did know about WR, Was about 2-3 years, and I stated then on the BBS, that WR would not be signing a new deal at Palace regardless of what happend/who was in charge. Would you Adam & Eve, the lad leaves on a Bosman.

Kolinko's, Routledge wanted to leave, messed the club about, and had every intention of leaving us.

Deal with it.

:)

kolinkins
30-01-2006, 06:12 PM

I do not any have "inside contacts", but the one time I did know about WR, Was about 2-3 years, and I stated then on the BBS, that WR would not be signing a new deal at Palace regardless of what happend/who was in charge. Would you Adam & Eve, the lad leaves on a Bosman.

Kolinko's, Routledge wanted to leave, messed the club about, and had every intention of leaving us.

Deal with it.

I deal with fact. Club messed him about. He, despite this, was devasted at our relegation. Two facts. Deal wih it :)

RickyB
30-01-2006, 06:13 PM
well, i still love Wayne.

c_block_lad
30-01-2006, 06:13 PM
I deal with fact. Club messed him about. He, despite this, was devasted at our relegation. Two facts. Deal wih it :)

The only FACT you need to know is he didnt want to play for this football club.

Oh well, his career has stalled at Tottenham.

:moo:

LLCOOLSTEVE
30-01-2006, 06:14 PM

2 or 3 years ago, rubbish, end of last season after SJ messed him around yes.

Justy C
30-01-2006, 06:27 PM
The agent got in Routledge's ear,

Exactly.

A friend of mine was picking his brains this time last year trying to find out if he was leaving or not - he didn't let on despite some pressure. He does keep himself to himself apparently and eventually after a few months he did admit he felt it was time to move on, even though he had an enormous amount of regard for the club as he'd been there since he was 8 or something (OK, I made the age up, but it was something like that). "Agents talk" I snapped at my friend.

Prior to the Charlton game my friend was out with him and they foolishly asked if he cared or not what happened on that Sunday. He tore into them, saying that Palace were his club, he'd been there since he was 8 and was desparate for us to stay up. So C-block, sorry, I know you'll acuse me of being naive, but I honestly believe he did care and they weren't crocadile tears on the last day of the season.

He had his head turned by Paul Stretford, pure and simple. I was officially made redundant today and have work lined up tomorrow on a freelance to permanent basis which I was more than happy with....but then I got a call today from a big company which frankly I would need my head examining if I didn't explore that opportunity. Similarities there with Waynes case, but if I mess up and make the wrong choice I won't have a few hundred people being bitter and twisted unlike him.

paulws
30-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
and he's not the only one they've signed today.....

Portsmouth have also announced the signing of Serbia and Montenegro International Ongnijen Koroman.

more cash in someone's Guernsey account...

golden snitch
30-01-2006, 07:01 PM

Deal with it.

Complete and utter shite!!You know/knew nothing at all about the lads situation,there was only one side doing the messing and it was not waynes,but for all that he may well still be here now.Fact.

forsells no1 fan
30-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Wayne to Pompey:eek:

Well if they go down and sign him we could see another Hayden Mullins scenario.(although he's in the premiership now)

Golf Boy
30-01-2006, 07:15 PM

If he plays.

Golf Boy
30-01-2006, 07:21 PM
He is the player we miss the most this season. IMHO, more than we would have missed AJ if he had gone.

Come off it Klinks. Just look at the results since AJ came back from injury. There is no way Routledge was that influential. He was pretty to watch...there is a difference.

PhilD
30-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Shame.

He's too good for Pompey and I'd rather he wasn't playing for that twat Redknapp.

kolinkins
30-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Golf Boy
Come off it Klinks. Just look at the results since AJ came back from injury. There is no way Routledge was that influential. He was pretty to watch...there is a difference.

You just have to see the number of goals he has been involved in last season and the season before to see how important he was to us.

PengeEagle
30-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Neil
I'm still bitter at them for what they did on the last game of last season. I hope they go down!

Me too, they deserve nothing less.

PengeEagle
30-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Andy
Ever wanted to say, "I told you so!" But best of luck to him, I don't hate him for going, I just think it was the wrong move and this helps prove that.... He should have learnt from his mate Julian Gray.....

Great post. Spot on , he was advised against going to Spurs by Dowie, Jordan and others, he made the decision (along with his agent) and now has to deal with that.

thecount
30-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Put it this way, how many football fans have heard of Routledge....lots. How many know about McAnuff....not so many. Wayne is a better player in a better league. He's too good for us and will be in the prem next season whilst we're still getting over flopping in the play-offs.

spt1978
30-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Who is this Routledge fellow? Also why is there a thread on him?

Jay_Palace
30-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by thecount
Put it this way, how many football fans have heard of Routledge....lots. How many know about McAnuff....not so many. Wayne is a better player in a better league. He's too good for us and will be in the prem next season whilst we're still getting over flopping in the play-offs.

And he's not too good for ••••••• Portsmouth?

DocSavage
30-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Why do so many, so very many, Palace players thinking they're the bee's knees move on and find they are actually quite average elsewhere? Perhaps we could list them here?
McKenzie
Taylor
Hilaire
Hopkins

Newts G
30-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by eddieskyclad
How was the move wrong exactly?

He's getting paid a lot more money than he would have had he stayed at Palace which equals far better security for himself and his family. He's also going to get further Premiership experience with a top manager and to top that all off he's still at Tottenham and there's no reason should he progress at Pompey he won't be playing in the Spurs first team next season.

Do me a favour, you think when he signed for Spurs he was expecting to be shipped out on loan? You think his so called advisors advised him that he was not good enough (or a big enough star) to command first team football, of course not, in the same way Shaun Wright Phillips has made a terrible mistake in signing for chelsea even though he is getting paid more money.

These players are promised the earth and it is very rarely delivered, I would lay money on it Wayne regrets moving to spurs.

Kirby
30-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by thecount

Oooh well aren't you Mr Optimism :o

sydney eagle
30-01-2006, 09:10 PM

So anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot? I don't wish him well.He's not a Palace player and he's now gone to a club I hope will go down faster than the titanic

Palaceboy222
30-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by norwood_girl
I dunno what happened with his contract at Palace but I think his mother and agent were instrumental in his decision to leave Palace.

His mother is a palace fan, still goes to palace and was gutted he left, the reason he left was SJ messed him around by putting bit part "big names" (Kaviedes, Torghelle, Lakis, Kolkka, etc) on 10-12 times what he was getting while he played EVERY week for peanuts. This, understandably gave him the hump and is why he left

Thats from a source VERY close to his mum so its up to you if you believe it or not

Wayne still comes to watch palace and would love to come back one day but will not do so while SJ is in charge

Palaceboy222
30-01-2006, 09:12 PM
i put this on the other routledge thread and will put it here too

His mother is a palace fan, still goes to palace and was gutted he left, the reason he left was SJ messed him around by putting bit part "big names" (Kaviedes, Torghelle, Lakis, Kolkka, etc) on 10-12 times what he was getting while he played EVERY week for peanuts. This, understandably gave him the hump and is why he left

Thats from a source VERY close to his mum so its up to you if you believe it or not

Wayne still comes to watch palace and would love to come back one day but will not do so while SJ is in charge

Velocity
30-01-2006, 09:19 PM
why is this thread in this forum?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
30-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Velocity
why is this thread in this forum? Exactly. He isn't a Palace player and now he isn't even playing for the team we sold him to either.

This is in no way General Palace Discussion.

sexyrazor
30-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
This is in no way General Palace Discussion.

Its not :):love:

kolinkins
30-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
So anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot? I don't wish him well.He's not a Palace player and he's now gone to a club I hope will go down faster than the titanic

No, not anyone who disagrees with me. But anyone who cannot wish a young player who gave his all for Palace, gave us some of our best moments in recent years and who left to progress his career (after being messed around) well, does qualify as slightly idiotic.

Young Trolley
30-01-2006, 09:47 PM

Funny that's what Clinton Morrison said after he left for Birmingham. Whatever happened to him?..........;)

Young Trolley
30-01-2006, 09:52 PM
i put this on the other routledge thread and will put it here too

Christ you could pull this posting to pieces. For a start I thought it was well documented Wayne's family are Liverpool supporters, himself included. Are you sure you're not getting confused with CM? Secondly I'm guessing Wayne was probably on, what 2-3k per year. Are you seriously telling me SJ was paying Kaviedes, Torghelle, Lakis and Kolkka somewhere between £24K to £36K per week??? Again I thought AJ on £16K last year or possibly the did he or didn't he £20k salary of Freedman was the highest salary at the club. I smell a rat somewhere sunshine and I reckon it's coming from your "source" ;)

andrew
30-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Young Trolley im pretty sure wayne was on less then that

but i have no sympethy for him because he was never going to sign a new contract evan if we had offered it earlier and on 10k a week

paulhgc2002
30-01-2006, 10:08 PM
TO MUCH TO YOUNG ......next week exeter

JAS78
31-01-2006, 08:54 AM

I seem to remember last january he (or his agent) came out and said he wouldnt be signing a contract no matter what we offered.

Palaceboy222
31-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by JAS78
I seem to remember last january he (or his agent) came out and said he wouldnt be signing a contract no matter what we offered.

that was after he had been treated badly for a half a year, thats what my source says and i choose to believe her, up to you what you believe

ForestGateEagle
31-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Jonboy
Harry Redknapp in flurry of player transfers shocker. :eek:

And on a totally unrelated topic, I wonder if there is anywhere in Southampton where you can get some good, strong, brown pa... [edited by me before the mods gte to it]

Interesting piece in today's Guardian: "The loan move of Wayne Routledge to Portsmouth brings to four the number of Tottenham players who have headed south since harry Redknapp returned to Fraton Park. Though Redknapp leaves transfer deals to Pompey's chief executive Peter Storie he would have no difficulty making introductions at White Hart Lane. The Spurs director Paul Kemsley is a family friend and co-owns the racehorse Sunshine Rays with Redknapp. The Portsmouth manager is also signed up as a contributor to Kemsley's latest venture arightresult.com a fanatasy football prediction game due to launch soon."

Palaceboy222
31-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Young Trolley
Christ you could pull this posting to pieces. For a start I thought it was well documented Wayne's family are Liverpool supporters, himself included.

maybe thats wrong but she, and wayne still go to watch palace

Kevlon
31-01-2006, 01:29 PM

Wayne would not of signed for any amount of money. This is FACT. Whether SJ was late with the contract, who knows? But it is a FACT that Wayne would not of signed for us for ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY. So it doesn't really matter whether SJ offered him the contract of not.

He threw our beloved shirt into the mud. I will never forgive him for that.

Kevlon
31-01-2006, 01:30 PM
maybe thats wrong but she, and wayne still go to watch palace

I thought your information came from a source very close to his mum? :rolleyes:

You post a load of shite.

Jay_Palace
31-01-2006, 01:42 PM
that was after he had been treated badly for a half a year, thats what my source says and i choose to believe her, up to you what you believe

And Paul Stretford had nothing to do with turning Wayne's head for personal gain? Palace may or may not have messed him about, but his agent was a shit stirrer and sought to divide the player's loyalty and unfortunately succeeded.

Rog 007
31-01-2006, 01:49 PM
what a waste yet another player goes to Spurs and ends up on loan, he should have stayed at Selhurst

Palaceboy222
31-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Kevlon
I thought your information came from a source very close to his mum? :rolleyes:

You post a load of shite.

thank you :hi:

It does, i didn’t say it came from his mum, but a source very close to her which is why i made a mistake, i have checked with the person and i was wrong, his mum supports Liverpool but has a lot of affection for palace and still watches them, like i said before, up to you if you believe me or not but i trust my source

p.s. if you don’t believe me that Wayne still comes to watch palace look at other previous threads where he has been spotted by other fans, including a couple of occasions where spurs have been playing