PDA

View Full Version : Park and Upper shut

Secret Eagle
30-01-2006, 04:12 PM
for Preston replay so lets expect a low crowd as we will be missing all those season ticket holders who won't move to a different area.

cpfcben
30-01-2006, 04:19 PM
PARK.. WHAT IS THAT

Steve H
30-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Why on earth would someone not go just because they'd have to sit in a different area?

Tomo
30-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by cpfcben
PARK.. WHAT IS THAT
Selhurst?

Slimbloke'H'
30-01-2006, 04:29 PM
PARK.. WHAT IS THAT

The club refer to the Arfur as the Park Road Stand.

Secret Eagle
30-01-2006, 04:30 PM
PARK.. WHAT IS THAT

As you asked so nicely Arthur Wait which if you didn't know is in Park Road. Just in case your not to sure about upper, that Holmesdale Road Stand Upper Tier. :S:

deanchilds
30-01-2006, 04:36 PM
i fort that was a secret?

gcwhite
30-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Steve H
Why on earth would someone not go just because they'd have to sit in a different area?

Well, I'm not going for this reason and if you read this thread (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123549&highlight=upper+tier) there are plenty of others.

screamingalice
30-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Slimbloke'H'
The club refer to the Arfur as the Park Road Stand.

Typical another Jordan slur on the history of our club!

norwood_girl
30-01-2006, 05:11 PM
It's strange that ST holders wouldn't go cos it means sitting somewhere else, I would welcome the chance to see the game from a different perspective.

Secret Eagle
30-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by deanchilds
i fort that was a secret?

Who said so !!!

Slimbloke'H'
30-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by screamingalice
Typical another Jordan slur on the history of our club!

It gets worse, the Whitehorse is in fact the Croydon Advertiser Family Stand! :(

dave_who_ru
30-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Where are they putting the Preston supporters if the Arfur is shut?

spunky
30-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by dave_who_ru

They aint bringing any, or maybe in the whitehorse

Airways86
30-01-2006, 06:50 PM
What will they rename the Main Stand as?

Steve H
30-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by gcwhite
Well, I'm not going for this reason and if you read this thread (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123549&highlight=upper+tier) there are plenty of others.
Cheers for the link, an interesting thread with some valid points. Being a Homesdale Lower ST holder I wouldn't know much about comfort and good service at the bar ;)

I suppose my opinion differs to those like yourself in that I wouldn't think of it as being relocated from my regular seat, as I never paid to have that seat for cup games in the first place. In fact, I don't usually choose to sit in my ST seat for cup games anyway as it's a chance to sit elsewhere in the ground for a change. A few people mentioned how they wouldn't get to sit with the same group of people they normally do, or can't buy 10 tickets together - surely for a one-off game (or a few if Palace buck the trend and go on a cup run) this doesn't really matter? I wouldn't miss a game I wanted to see just because I couldn't sit with all my mates...

Secret Eagle
30-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Airways86

Private Road stand

Secret Eagle
30-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by dave_who_ru

Whitehorse.

Halfwayline
30-01-2006, 07:44 PM
I think there are many reasons why season ticket holders are somewhat reluctant to go to a midweek cup game.

1. People can bring themselves to write a cheque for several hundred pounds every December but to take a 20 note out of their wallets and hand it over needs a decision and thought. Many wont do it.

2. Midweek games always have an attendance about 10% down as many can not get from work to Selhurst in time and/or back home at a reasonable hour.

3. A few may even work midweek or have responsibilites of an evening.

4. People do not like sitting in a different seat. Many would not go to the Wimbledon "away" game for this reason.

5. They have either gone to a game a few days earlier or will be going to the next home game on the Saturday.

6. They may deem the opposition and/or competition less attractive then a league fixture.

TN16_Eagle
30-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Halfwayline
I think there are many reasons why season ticket holders are somewhat reluctant to go to a midweek cup game.

1. People can bring themselves to write a cheque for several hundred pounds every December but to take a 20 note out of their wallets and hand it over needs a decision and thought. Many wont do it.

True - and my main reason for not going.

6. They may deem the opposition and/or competition less attractive then a league fixture.

Also true, I mean Preston/Coventry/Boro aren't the most exciting fixtures are they?

Archiebald Leitch
30-01-2006, 08:04 PM

Already renamed, its really 'The Old Stand'.

917L
30-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Secret Eagle
As you asked so nicely Arthur Wait which if you didn't know is in Park Road.

I know as most would that the AW is in Park road but in over 35 years of watching from there I've never heard anyone refer to it as 'Park road stand'

calne eagle
30-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Ah well, you're not Secret Eagle and an insider are you? ;)

Eagle Mal
30-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Sorry secret eagle haven't had time to cotact club re: a ticket, how do you know whats open and where people are allowed or will sit ?is this common knowledge or just guess work

Eagle Mal
30-01-2006, 08:48 PM
or even contact the club, speak up season ticket counter

Secret Eagle
31-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Mal
Sorry secret eagle haven't had time to cotact club re: a ticket, how do you know whats open and where people are allowed or will sit ?is this common knowledge or just guess work

Phoned club who stated the only tickets available for home support were in holm lower and main stand with away support in whitehorse. By that I came to the conclusion that AW and upper were closed.

Eagle Mal
01-02-2006, 07:48 PM
'Phoned club who stated the only tickets available for home support were in holm lower and main stand with away support in whitehorse. By that I came to the conclusion that AW and upper were closed.'
Secret I thought you said 'main stand' was the Private stand, are you sure you got your conclusions right,

Stanley Boy
01-02-2006, 07:55 PM

That's the Sainsbury's car park-Holmesdale connecting road stand.:)

Secret Eagle
01-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Mal
'Phoned club who stated the only tickets available for home support were in holm lower and main stand with away support in whitehorse. By that I came to the conclusion that AW and upper were closed.'
Secret I thought you said 'main stand' was the Private stand, are you sure you got your conclusions right,

You are so sad

Eagle Mal
01-02-2006, 08:06 PM
And not as knowledgeable as you (insider)

cpfcben
02-02-2006, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Secret Eagle
As you asked so nicely Arthur Wait which if you didn't know is in Park Road. Just in case your not to sure about upper, that Holmesdale Road Stand Upper Tier. :S: Why is that making you fall asleep.

You could have just said the arthur....