PDA

View Full Version : BBS WWE PPV Prediction League 2006 - No Way Out

Sussex Eagle
17-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Ain't long between these things is there? How to rake in oodles of cash with minimum effort 101 - Put on 16 PPVs a year or whatever it is now. Due to a combination of SmackDown being on Fridays and me forgetting about it and not keeping track of the card, and lazy lazy Eddie Skyclad not doing the last two sets of scores, this is a bit late, so get your entries in quick. Bit of a funny one this, I'm half expecting the ghost of Johnny Grunge to make a run-in considering the current storylines, but the headline matches don't look bad. Hey, at least this one's not on Box Office - and of course the results of this mother will likely have huge impact on the rather loosely-formed to say the least WrestleMania lineup.

If you haven't played before, now's a great time to join in since we're just getting started with the 2006 contest, two events in - results for those soon I hope! The concept is pretty simple - predict what is going to happen at each live Pay-Per-View that World Wrestling Entertainment puts on over the course of a year. Sounds simple? Give it a go then. The more entrants the better, with no exceptions, extra competition is what the league thrives on. Whoever gets the most right over the year gets the all-important glory of victory.

So, onto the games. This Sunday/Monday at 1am Sky Sports will be showing the latest SmackDown! PPV live from the 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore, Maryland. Pick your winners of the 5 matches that have been announced, and answer the tiebreakers as best you can. Your deadline to post your picks is before when the show starts at 1am. There's *SMACKDOWN SPOILERS* aplenty in here, so be warned. I think this is the full card but can't tell you for certain as I am basing it off slightly vague 'net reports.

BBS PPV Prediction League 2006 - Event No.3 - No Way Out

The Matches - Pick your Winners
1. Kurt Angle (c) vs The Undertaker - World Heavyweight Championship
2. Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton - Rey's WrestleMania Title Shot on the Line
3. Booker T (c) vs Chris Benoit - United States Championship
4. John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs Bobby Lashley
5. MNM (c) vs Matt Hardy & A Partner Of His Choice - WWE Tag Team Championships
6. Gregory Helms (c) vs Paul London vs Brian Kendrick vs Super Crazy vs Psicosis vs Funaki vs Scotty 2 Hotty vs Kid Kash vs Nunzio - Cruiserweight Championship

Tie Breakers
1. How long will the World Heavyweight Championship match last, from bell to bell?
2. The Late Eddie Guerrero's wife, children and nephew Chavo are scheduled to be sitting at ringside for the Mysterio vs Orton match up. Will any of them get physically involved?
3. Predict a weapon, other than a steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the show.
4. Who Will Matt Hardy choose as his tag team partner?
5. Which Cruiserweight will be pinned or made to submit in the deciding fall of the Cruiserweight Championship match?
6. Will The Boogeyman appear on the show? If so, how? Marks for coming close to how he does involve himself if so, with the possibility of a bonus for the most creative entry.

Good luck everyone.

*OVERALL LEADERBOARD*
1. nottsunieagle: 9.5
2. CPFC_619: 8.3
3. Johnson: 7.5
4. BLUE BOY: 6.4
5= Eric's Headband: 6.2
5= Sussex Eagle: 6.2
7. Benzhiyi: 6.1
8. SmithEagle: 5.5
9= Gazz: 5.4
9= kolinkins: 5.4
11= eddieskyclad: 5.3
11= Grim Reaper: 5.3
13= Daddy Long: 5.2
13= Diggers digs in?: 5.2
13= Dirty Northerner: 5.2
16. gold76: 4.4
17. pauldrulez: 4.2
18. JamieBcpfc: 4.1
19. SproutEagle: 4.0
20. NO1FAN: 3.2
21. What?: 3.2
22. cpfc4ever: 3.0
23. E15Eagle: 2.5
24. Oddjob: 2.1
25. t_appletart: 1.0

t_appletart
17-02-2006, 06:57 PM
1. Kurt Angle (c) vs The Undertaker - World Heavyweight Championship KURT ANGLE
2. Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton - Rey's WrestleMania Title Shot on the Line REY
3. Booker T (c) vs Chris Benoit - United States ChampionshipBOOKER T
4. John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs Bobby Lashley LASHLEY
5. MNM (c) vs Matt Hardy & A Partner Of His Choice - WWE Tag Team Championships HARDY
6. Gregory Helms (c) vs Paul London vs Brian Kendrick vs Super Crazy vs Psicosis vs Funaki vs Scotty 2 Hotty vs Kid Kash vs Nunzio - Cruiserweight Championship LONDON

Tie Breakers
1. How long will the World Heavyweight Championship match last, from bell to bell? 26 mins
2. The Late Eddie Guerrero's wife, children and nephew Chavo are scheduled to be sitting at ringside for the Mysterio vs Orton match up. Will any of them get physically involved? yes
3. Predict a weapon, other than a steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the show. none
4. Who Will Matt Hardy choose as his tag team partner? a legend, not sure who
5. Which Cruiserweight will be pinned or made to submit in the deciding fall of the Cruiserweight Championship match? kid nash
6. Will The Boogeyman appear on the show? If so, how? Marks for coming close to how he does involve himself if so, with the possibility of a bonus for the most creative entry. yes, dunno how though. maybe to fuc up booker t match

Good luck everyone. [/B][/QUOTE]

Diggers digs in?
17-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Angle
Orton
Booker T
JBL
MNM
6. Gregory Helms (c) vs Paul London vs Brian Kendrick vs Super Crazy vs Psicosis vs Funaki vs Scotty 2 Hotty vs Kid Kash vs Nunzio - Cruiserweight Championship
Gregory Helms

Tie Breakers

1. How long will the World Heavyweight Championship match last, from bell to bell?
18 mins 21 secs
2. The Late Eddie Guerrero's wife, children and nephew Chavo are scheduled to be sitting at ringside for the Mysterio vs Orton match up. Will any of them get physically involved?
Yeah go on.
3. Predict a weapon, other than a steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the show.
2 by 4
JEFF!
5. Which Cruiserweight will be pinned or made to submit in the deciding fall of the Cruiserweight Championship match?
Funaki
6. Will The Boogeyman appear on the show? If so, how? Marks for coming close to how he does involve himself if so, with the possibility of a bonus for the most creative entry.
He will sail in on a longboat powered by the revolutionary n-machine

Oddjob
17-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Angle
2. Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton - Rey's WrestleMania Title Shot on the Line -Orton
3. Booker T (c) vs Chris Benoit - United States Championship - Benoit
4. John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs Bobby Lashley -JBL
5. MNM (c) vs Matt Hardy & A Partner Of His Choice - WWE Tag Team Championships -Hardy + Partner
6. Gregory Helms (c) vs Paul London vs Brian Kendrick vs Super Crazy vs Psicosis vs Funaki vs Scotty 2 Hotty vs Kid Kash vs Nunzio - Cruiserweight Championship - Kid Kash

Tie Breakers
1. How long will the World Heavyweight Championship match last, from bell to bell? 18:11
2. The Late Eddie Guerrero's wife, children and nephew Chavo are scheduled to be sitting at ringside for the Mysterio vs Orton match up. Will any of them get physically involved? No
3. Predict a weapon, other than a steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the show. Boogeymans clock thing
4. Who Will Matt Hardy choose as his tag team partner? Charlie Haas
5. Which Cruiserweight will be pinned or made to submit in the deciding fall of the Cruiserweight Championship match? Helms
6. Will The Boogeyman appear on the show? If so, how? Marks for coming close to how he does involve himself if so, with the possibility of a bonus for the most creative entry. - Yes, to cost U/T the match

cpfc4ever
17-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle

1. Angle-
2. Rey Mysterio
3. Chris Benoit
4. John "Bradshaw" Layfield
5. MNM (c) vs
6. Paul London [/b]

Tie Breakers
1. 27.10
2. no but one of them will say something
3. title belt
4. mark henry

6. dont know thin he may to haunt jbl maybe

Good luck everyone. [/B]

BLUE BOY
17-02-2006, 09:16 PM
1, Angle
2, Orton
3, Benoit
4, Lashley
5, MNM
6, Kid Kash

Tie Breakers
1, 21 mins 33 secs
2, Yes
3, Title Belt
4, Animal
5, Helms
6, Ref gets knocked out as always, he comes in beats crap out of JBL allowing Lashley to pin JBL.

Grim Reaper
17-02-2006, 10:01 PM

Even though, as the Grim Reaper, Undertaker is in the same line of work as me, I'll go for KURT.

Orton

BENOIT

LASHLEY

This is where me not watching every week counts against me - not really aware of what's been going on with the tag teams lately. I'll pick the team of Matt to win by a way that allows MNM to remain as champs.

Just one thing hee, what the hell is that idiot Scotty 2 Hotty ever doing on my telly. The guy is a fool. I'll go with KID KASH

Tie Breakers

NATURALLY!!

TITLE BELT

Tempted to go with Rey here for some reason. Trying to second guess the writers. If Rey goes down to Orton then it will be with honour as he helped out Matt Hardy. Rey obviously annoyed with MNM as they split him and Eddie up for a while

HELMS

HE WILL APPEAR AND errrrr HE'LL EAT WORMS!! ;-)

There you go folks :p

JamieBcpfc
17-02-2006, 10:26 PM

Kurt Angle
Rey(Please)
Chris Benoit
Lashley
MNM
Spanky!!! Okay, Helms really

Tie Breakers
1. How long will the World Heavyweight Championship match last, from bell to bell? 22 Minutes
2. The Late Eddie Guerrero's wife, children and nephew Chavo are scheduled to be sitting at ringside for the Mysterio vs Orton match up. Will any of them get physically involved? Chavo will
3. Predict a weapon, other than a steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the show. A Worm
4. Who Will Matt Hardy choose as his tag team partner? Road Warrior Animal
5. Which Cruiserweight will be pinned or made to submit in the deciding fall of the Cruiserweight Championship match?Paul London
6. Will The Boogeyman appear on the show? If so, how? Marks for coming close to how he does involve himself if so, with the possibility of a bonus for the most creative entry. Wormbath to Booker T

What?
18-02-2006, 01:26 AM

Kurt Angle

Randy Orton

Booker T

Lashley

Hardy and Pal

Helms

Tie Breakers

18m32s

Yup, Chavo

Worms...

Animal

Scotty

Yes, he will cost Benoit the US title, by using worms...

[/B]

CPFC_619
18-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Kurt Angle

Rey Mysterio

Chris Benoit

JBL

Hardy and ????

Gregory Helms

Tie Breakers
16mins

Chavo

WONT BE ANY

Tatanka

Nunzio

6. Will The Boogeyman appear on the show? If so, how? Marks for coming close to how he does involve himself if so, with the possibility of a bonus for the most creative entry
at the end of the booker t-benoit match, He`ll appear and scare booker

Sussex Eagle
19-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Keep your entries coming, I'm going to give counting the other threads' results a whack as Eddie seems to have given up on that front, but this is the last thread I'm going to be starting I think so someone will need to take over if this is to continue.

kolinkins
19-02-2006, 01:45 PM

Kurt Angle

Rey

Benoit

Lashley

Hardy and Pal

Helms

Tie Breakers

20:14

Yup, Chavo, to get Rey the win

Title belt

Animal

London

Yes, scare Booker T's misses

Sussex Eagle
19-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Your New Year's Revolution Prediction Results (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=4025934#post4025934) and Rumble Predictions Results (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=4025763#post4025763) are up now in the appropriate threads.

Sussex Eagle
19-02-2006, 04:15 PM
The Overall Leaderboard is now posted at the bottom of the top post on this thread. nottsunieagle has already established a bit of a lead after being the joint winner of both of the first two PPVs, but it remains a very open league and there's about a dozen or more PPVs to go if we manage to keep this going through the year - including perhaps the latest ECW reunion PPV, which has been announced for June again over on WWE.com.

nottsunieagle
19-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Wow, check me out! Won't last mind!

Anyway, my picks:

1)Angle
2)ReyRey
3)Benoit
4)Lashley
5)MNM
6)Helms

Tie Breakers:
1)24.18
2)Chavo, to cancel out Booker T earning his favour back
3)JBL's car
4)Road Warrior Animal
5)Scotty 2 Hotty
6)Him and Pirate Paul Birchall will appear and scare the bejesus out of Ken Kennedy and Kristal in a backstage interview.

t_appletart
19-02-2006, 06:39 PM
would be good if matt's partner was Jeff.

t_appletart
19-02-2006, 06:39 PM
i know it wont be though

cpfc4ever
19-02-2006, 06:41 PM
how about in future we only do the main result surely that will be easier to count??

cpfc4ever
19-02-2006, 06:41 PM
now that would be good!

nottsunieagle
19-02-2006, 06:45 PM
only cos you're losing... ;)

Sussex Eagle
19-02-2006, 09:27 PM
If you mean stop doing the tiebreakers cpfc4ever, I reckon that would take out some of the fun and could lead to inseperable draws. The format's fine imo, though hopefully somebody else will step up to help a bit with the counting. It really doesn't take that long if you have Excel or similar, but eddie had always previously done it and has just now stopped, and I'd rather not do it all myself. Plus I'm going to be travelling for several months soon and only visiting the BBS if I happen to feel the compulsion or for Palace updates when at an internet cafe so I won't be available to do it anyway.

SmithEagle
19-02-2006, 09:43 PM
I havent watched Wrestling since i moved (December) so this is just guessing, and pre-december likeliness of results, havent a clue of storylines or anything!

1. The Undertaker
2. Rey Mysterio
3. Chris Benoit
4. Bobby Lashley
5. Matt Hardy & A Partner Of His Choice
6. Brian Kendrick

Tie Breakers
1. 27m 34s
2. Chavo
3. Belt
4. Golddust
5. Funaki
6. JBL v Lashley, he will appear from nowhere at side of ring and make him lose the match

Benzhiyi
19-02-2006, 10:02 PM
1. Angle
2. Orton
3. Booker T
4. Bobby Lashley
5. Matt Hardy & A Partner Of His Choice
6. Gregory Helms

Tie Breakers
1. 22:22
2. Yes
3. Title belt
4. Animal
5. Nunzio
6. No

eddieskyclad
19-02-2006, 11:09 PM
And whatever Sussex thinks I hadn't given up as I just had stuff going on. Mind you saying that I guess it makes sense for me to step down since that's apparently already been decided.

Anyways for what it's worth.

Angle
Orton
Benoit
Lashley
MNM
Helms

1. 21.13
2. If you count a verbal confrontation with Orton as involved then yes.
3. JBL's Limo
4. Animal
5. Spanky :(
6. Yes. Something to do with spooking Booker T out possibly even attacking Sharmell.

E15Eagle
19-02-2006, 11:53 PM
1-angle
2-orton
3-benoit
4-lashley
5-mnm
6-helms

1-19mins
2-chavo will beat up orton after he disrespects eddies name.
3-boogeymans clock, but i dont know if it counts if he hits himself with it,
4-tatanka
5-psycosis
6-he will appear over a beaten booker, and chase his mrs away, then about with the worms.

Sussex Eagle
20-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by eddieskyclad
And whatever Sussex thinks I hadn't given up as I just had stuff going on. Mind you saying that I guess it makes sense for me to step down since that's apparently already been decided.
LOL, didn't mean to say that at all, it's your competition really, it's just that I've been saddled with doing all of it since last year now and I'm being a grumpy guts about it. No biggy, as I say I'm probably unable to do any more of the little organisational bits for a while anyway, so I shall ceremoniously hand the reigns back to you with this post. *Doffs cap*

I'm torn with some of these picks between going with what I think should be done and what I suspect will be done. For the sake of possibly being pleasantly surprised rather than being massively disappointed thanks to getting my hopes up, I think I'll go with the lesser options.

1. Kurt Angle
2. Randy Orton
3. Chris Benoit
4. Bobby Lashley
5. Matt Hardy & Partner (btw, apologies all, but I'm not certain this is actually a title match as I thought at the time I posted the thread up)
6. Gregory Helms (though for the love of all that is good and holy it should be my man SUPER CRAZY!)

Tie Breakers
1. 25.35
2. Despite my previously stated cynicism policy, somehow I think not.
3. It'll probably actually happen on internet Heat or something, but I couldn't live with myself if I didn't plump for Finlay's Shillaly
4. I'd love for it to be someone more exciting than the two main options spoiler sites have suggested, but I think logically it will be Road Warrior Animal
5. Kid Kash
6. Yes, costing Booker T his title (and probably having a worm party in the process)

Sussex Eagle
20-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by eddieskyclad
2. If you count a verbal confrontation with Orton as involved then yes.

If I count these I'll count your pick as a 'yes' mate, but as the question stated I did mean physically involved.

Johnson
20-02-2006, 12:32 AM
1. Kurt Angle
2. Randy Orton
3. Chris Benoit
4. Bobby Lashley
5. MNM
6. Gregory Helms

Tie Breakers
1. 17.46
2. No
3. Title belt
4. Tatanka
5. Nunzio
6. No

eddieskyclad
20-02-2006, 12:37 AM
If I count these I'll count your pick as a 'yes' mate, but as the question stated I did mean physically involved. There will be no physical contact between the Guerrero's and any worker but they may get in the ring. Whether that is or is not physical is not for me to decide.

Oh and I think I am now officially unwilling to continue managing the Predictions in future too so unless someone else wants it I guess it could well end here.

Sussex Eagle
20-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Physical isn't really complicated, it's touching, feeling, grabbin, loving, slamming, slapping & piledriving or anything similar. Physical contact baby.

Sorry to hear that Ed, hope you change your mind or one of our wonnerful pickers volunteers to take over, it's really not too difficult peeps, and it's quite a fun little competition all told. Enjoy the show everybody :)

nottsunieagle
20-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Well some of the results were pretty surprising to be honest! JBL certainly didn't need the win over Lashley, and WTF was Tatanka doing tagging with Hardy when in house shows for the last month it's been Hardy and Animal? Orton cheating to win makes sense but i'm still not happy for ReyRey, but i'm thinking (hoping really) for a Fatal Four-Way at Wrestlemania - Angle, Taker, Orton and Mysterio.

Guys if you both honestly don't want to do it i'll be happy to step up, so long as you guys let me know how to score it and that you still take part, won't be nearly as fun without you!

eddieskyclad
20-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by nottsunieagle
Guys if you both honestly don't want to do it i'll be happy to step up, so long as you guys let me know how to score it and that you still take part, won't be nearly as fun without you! Sounds good to me :p

Scoring is real easy. Each contest has the matches (the entrants pick a winner for all the announced matches) and the tie-breakers (fun questions about the event - "will x appear?" "how long will x last?" or "how many matches with outside inteference" kind of questions).

You simply get a point for each correct match and a bonus point for each correct tie-breaker.

For example Johnson got 4 matches correct and at least 3 tiebreakers (possibly more as I'm not sure of the exact answers). His score would be 4.3

The leaderboard is based on correct match picks with the bonus points only used as a seperator. So a 4.3 would beat a 4.1 and a 3.6 whereas someone with 5 correct match picks and 0 tie-breakers (a 5.0 if you will) would beat the 4.3.

Scores get added for a cumulative total which is the leaderboard.

I use Excel to do my counting when I do it... generally about 10 mins before the PPV starts I open Excel and copy the picks in. Very quick process and then after the event Excel counts up how many correct picks all the entrants got and then I post it. It also updates the leaderboard for me.

Oh and Sussex I tried replying to your PM but you're full ;)

And in regards to your Four-Way idea you're not alone in thinking that way... In his live PPV updates last night Meltzer seemed to think that the way Rey was booked led to a Three-Way at Mania with Rey, Orton and Angle.

Sussex Eagle
20-02-2006, 05:49 PM
I gave up to tiredness and went to sleep instead of watching the headline matches but have pretty much caught up from tape now. Good show really, no unnecessary silliness or dud matches, Taker/Angle was superb, Finlay DID use his shilally :lux: and from what I saw of the Rey match & pre & post match angles I agree that it will lead to his shot still coming sooner or later. My guess is Taker gets a rematch at Saturday Night's Main Event, with Henry costing him it, and Rey does something similar to the interesting storyline that Meltzer theorised a couple of weeks back where he begs to get his shot back to redeem himself after 'letting Eddie down', but is not allowed another shot if he fails, going on a year-long road to recovery and finally becoming World Champ at WM23.

Thanks for volunteering nottsuni, I'm honestly happy to do it when I can, but at most might be able to post some ignorant haven't-seen-it-in-ages picks from far flung places until about August. Will empty me box in a mo Edd :)

Sussex Eagle
20-02-2006, 05:55 PM
The Results
1. Kurt Angle defeated The Undertaker
2. Randy Orton defeated Rey Mysterio
3. Chris Benoit defeated Booker T
4. John "Bradshaw" Layfield defeated Bobby Lashley
5. Matt Hardy & Partner defeated MNM
6. Gregory Helms won the Cruiserweight Title Match

Tie Breakers
1. 29 minutes 37 seconds
2. They didn't. They in fact were only seen backstage in the end.
3. I can only remember the mighty Shillaly of Finlay at the mo, but do correct me if anything else was used.
4. Tatanka :confused: (Where exactly is the internal logic in Hardy choosing him based? Animal would have been boring but would have made all kinds of sense.)
5. I think it was Psicosis
6. Nope, he merely appeared on internet Heat squashing somebody before the show.

eddieskyclad
20-02-2006, 06:01 PM
2. They didn't. They in fact were only seen backstage in the end.
Does hugging Benoit not count? Since there was physical contact or am I just been pedantic now :)

Sussex Eagle
20-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Damn. :D Should have put 'in the match' at the end of that question to cover for your pedantry shouldn't I? If someone else counts this time I'll leave it to them to make such tricky decisions I think.

kolinkins
21-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Good show, but disappointed that Rey lost that match. A win for him there, and the PPV would have got 8.5/10 from me.

nottsunieagle
26-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Results!

Ok first job for me, just tallied all of it up, and here are your figures:

E15Eagle/Sussex Eagle/Johnson - 5.2
CPFC_619/Oddjob - 5.1
eddieskyclad - 5.0
Benzhiyi - 4.1
Diggers Digs In/Kolinkins/Grim Reaper/What? 4.0
Nottsunieagle - 3.1
JamieBcpfc/cpfc4ever/BLUE BOY - 3.0
Smitheagle/t_appletart - 2.0

Congrats to the winners! It's made the table pretty tight, which i'll put up in about 30 mins once i do the next predictions thread.

E15Eagle
27-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Think this is the first prediction that I have actually done well, I'm on a roll boys and girls!!!!!!!