PDA

View Full Version : Introduce a game to the Olympics!


dowies_army
20-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Inspiration from Essex FM here (don't ask me how I can get it on my radio) as I thought this was quite a good idea; if you could introduce any sport/novelty activity to the Winter or Summer Games,what would it be?

The basic rules are that Winter sports must be snow, ice related(obviously) and Summer sports preety much everything else.

I'd definitely bring in Snowball fights to the Winter Olympics; GBR v GER would be a nailbiter!

As for the Summer Games, how about using that new runway Heathrow are to build in 2012 for intermediate and advanced catapult?

spunky
20-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Midget tossing (summer)
Midget tossing on ice (winter)

joe walker
20-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Darts ;)

SpikeyMatt
20-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Monkey tennis?

stevey_d
20-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Speed Hurdling on Ice

brokenstar
20-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Proodle sticks on Ice

Reginald
20-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Bobsleighing over people on my BBS ignore list. (Summer or Winter) :p

Gosling
20-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Laserquest for the summer games and British Bulldog on skates for winter.

dowies_army
20-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Gosling
Laserquest for the summer games and British Bulldog on skates for winter.

:lux:

stevey_d
20-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Reginald
Bobsleighing over people on my BBS ignore list. (Summer or Winter) :p

It is called an ignore list so that you can IGNORE them. How is this ignoring them?

And is it possible to bobsleigh in the summer?

Can I also be on your Ignore list?

Smoz
20-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by spunky

Midget tossing on ice (winter)

How about midget curling instead?

delboy01
20-02-2006, 08:05 PM
solo syncronised swimming

Reginald
20-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by stevey_d
It is called an ignore list so that you can IGNORE them. How is this ignoring them?

And is it possible to bobsleigh in the summer?

Can I also be on your Ignore list?

a) I could run them over and only listen to their screams
b) I am sure with the ignore list I have I can recruit people to push the bobsleigh.
c) You need to be either a druggie,obnoxious,ignorant,a drunk or stupid. In the case of one person all of them. Do you qualify? :D

Son of Selhurst
20-02-2006, 08:14 PM
I was going to suggest Kiss-Chase on Ice, but the Russian women would always win, no matter how slowly they ran away....

Pidster
20-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Reginald
a) I could run them over and only listen to their screams
b) I am sure with the ignore list I have I can recruit people to push the bobsleigh.
c) You need to be either a druggie,obnoxious,ignorant,a drunk or stupid. In the case of one person all of them. Do you qualify? :D

Fortunately I am on Reggie's ignore list, so I can post without fear of upsetting him. Its sad that he fells it necessary to use a light hearted thread to promote his personal agenda.

Reginald
20-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Pidster
Fortunately I am on Reggie's ignore list, so I can post without fear of upsetting him. Its sad that he fells it necessary to use a light hearted thread to promote his personal agenda. Oh dear. Sadly I forgot to put you back on. Did you not consider that my reply was lighthearted? Naturally believing you were on ignore you decided to have a dig. :rolleyes: Grow up. Feel safe now as I shall make it a priority to put you on ignore because you and your pals are boring me. (Yes you will come back with a reply that will make you think everyone will be laughing at but trust me they laugh AT you not WITH you)

Pidster
20-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Reginald
Oh dear. Sadly I forgot to put you back on. Did you not consider that my reply was lighthearted? Naturally believing you were on ignore you decided to have a dig. :rolleyes: Grow up. Feel safe now as I shall make it a priority to put you on ignore because you and your pals are boring me. (Yes you will come back with a reply that will make you think everyone will be laughing at but trust me they laugh AT you not WITH you)

I'll take that risk.

Don't forget to put me on ignore.

Many thanks.

Regal Eagle
20-02-2006, 08:48 PM
10 km Downhill Hampster Rolling.

The winner is the one who has the largest snowball at the bottom of the hill with extra style points if the hapster is still alive and in the exact centre of the snowball.

:)

celery stick
20-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Cigarette rolling.
I'd get a medal, easy.

Webb
20-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Pissing your name in the snow at closing time.

Oddjob
20-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Throwing the Mini Babybel

Ruskin Old Boy
20-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Bonfire burning on ice; last one still burning gets the gold (Hazel Irvine would do a great commentary)

Oddjob
20-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Oh, and International Run-outs - with the Olympic Flame as base.

dodge_bond
20-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Is there a multi sport marathon? ?

I.e

You start off snowboarding then ice skating then sking And a bobsleagh! ! !

Reginald
20-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Webb
Pissing your name in the snow at closing time. Last time I did that I spelt the name Elaine. After that help I married her :D

pallet
20-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Espically for the OAP's Winter Olympics special.
The 100m dash to the Post Office on ice. 100pts to the winner, minus 10 everytime they fall, minus 20 if they break anything.
The Electic car race on ice.
Bus stop challenge, they all have to stand at the bus stop un the freezing cold, last man standing.

Pidster
20-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by pallet
Espically for the OAP's Winter Olympics special.
The 100m dash to the Post Office on ice. 100pts to the winner, minus 10 everytime they fall, minus 20 if they break anything.
The Electic car race on ice.
Bus stop challenge, they all have to stand at the bus stop un the freezing cold, last man standing.

Could you not throw in the "I've got the odd" challenge. Where three pence is at the bottom of their purse.

Mat ov CPFC
20-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Snowball fights.

Solo events, team events, mixed doubles, even the Handicapped can join in.


Tourettes Ice Dancing.

Unique Weasel
20-02-2006, 09:07 PM
The Late Night Tesco Trolly Downhill Parked Car Slalom

Blindfolded Jousting on ice.

And one for the ladies - The Getting ready to go out Marathon.

dodge_bond
20-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Snow ball Fights sounds like a good one! !

Mat ov CPFC
20-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Webb
Pissing your name in the snow at closing time.


To much discrimination against foreigners with daft names that go on forever.

However having a 'longest yellow streak in one stream' may well fit in with the all inclusive atmosphere that modern olympians are meant to extol.

LeeH
20-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Child birching. The judging would be based on how loud the screams are. This could replace the discus, which is a pointless sport anyway

And the victorian chimney sweep boy dash - first one to the top wins - this could be made more extreme and entertaining by lighting the fire five seconds after the dash starts.

dowies_army
20-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by pallet
Espically for the OAP's Winter Olympics special.
The 100m dash to the Post Office on ice. 100pts to the winner, minus 10 everytime they fall, minus 20 if they break anything.

A hell of a lot of -20's then...?!

Pidster
20-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I do hope that no-one is going to suggest that the winter olympics would be improved by having butt flushing as a new event.

Mat ov CPFC
20-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Pidster
I do hope that no-one is going to suggest that the winter olympics would be improved by having butt flushing as a new event.

Potentially very dangerous I would have thought. Surely something more suited to the summer months ?

Gosling
20-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
Tourettes Ice Dancing.

OI TORVILLE YA CÚNT

Mat ov CPFC
20-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Gosling
OI TORVILLE YA CÚNT


Oddly enough I thought similar but got them confused and thought her surname was Deans.

Although I reckon that Curling could be livened up with a bit of swearing as they work those daft brushes.

LeeH
20-02-2006, 09:24 PM
bear snowboarding, to replace the cruel pastime of bear dancing. I'd pay to watch that! ;)

Pidster
20-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Gosling
OI TORVILLE YA CÚNT

:)

and show us your growler.



How about three-legged Ice Dance?

Ruskin Old Boy
20-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC


Although I reckon that Curling could be livened up with a bit of swearing as they work those daft brushes.

I'd get digital TV if you could press the red button while the curling was on and see Hazel Irvine naked.

Webb
20-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
To much discrimination against foreigners with daft names that go on forever.

However having a 'longest yellow streak in one stream' may well fit in with the all inclusive atmosphere that modern olympians are meant to extol.

Ah, but then we'd win a medal, you see.:p

Mat ov CPFC
20-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Webb
Ah, but then we'd win a medal, you see.:p



No we would not. Lots of Vietnamese called Ng would.

Webb
20-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
No we would not. Lots of Vietnamese called Ng would.

I heard Du from China was good.

Mat ov CPFC
20-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Thinking about it though the Vietnamese might be at a disadvantage as they tend to be phsyically smaller than Europeans and I would assume have less bladder capacity so perhaps it might not be that easy for them. Europeans drink the most beer so I guess we could probably store up the biggest amount of urine. Which European nation has the names with the least amount of letters in ?

palaceporky
20-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Human skittles.

Played many a moon ago. This is how it went.
The school that I attended had a tarmacked play area, which for some odd reason would always freeze over in winter, a ready made ice rink.
When a cold spell was due, alarm clocks were set extra early, in readiness for the next day.
In the early days, two teams were picked, whereupon one team would send half of it's people over the other side of the ice, facing their comrades. The other team, sometimes in groups of twos or threes, maybe even larger, would take a long run up, until they hit the ice, and then try and slide across to the other side. This was about a 20 metres. As soon as they were skidding, the other team would slide their school bag, sports bag, satchel, call it what you like, at full pelt, trying to hit their feet to take them out.
Of course as the game became bigger, with up to 300 kids wanting to 'play', it got to the stage where it was impossible to police as such and nobody really like the idea of the sliding, as that's where all the injuries occured, some being quite nasty.
I shall never ever forget though, one day in particular.
You have to picture this.
Because nobody wanted to do the skidding, a couple of idiots decided to go for it. With approx 150 kids lined up either side, standing in dead silence, all eyes glued on these two nutters, they start their run together, sprinting as fast as they could. As soon as they hit the ice, bags come flying from every angle, and at every height. They got no further then maybe 15-20 ft before they were buried in bags.
Mental.

Golf Boy
20-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Soggy Biscuits.

wilf789
20-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Pick-a-sticks for the Summer. Table football would also be very entertaining!
Also to combine the Winter Biathlon and other winter sports, the shooters from the Biathlon could try to pick off bobsledders or skiers as the race past! :D

LeeH
20-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Speed Ker-Plunk, singles, doubles and sychronised events

or 'Air weightlifting' - like Air Guitar but with really heavy weights