PDA

View Full Version : Football Strips for African Kids

Jarvis_1973
24-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Alright Folks,

Just a quick plea for help/support for an extremely worthwhile cause I am involved in called Give4Strips.

We are a bunch of Sunderland fans :sob: (no need for any p*ss taking) who got together last summer to raise as much cash as we could in a shot space of time to buy a bundle of new strips to take to Tanzania in July 2005 for severely under-privileged kids football teams. While over there we organised a football tournament where the winning teams received brand new premier league kit, footballs and various other bits and pieces.

I wont bang on about it in too much detail here but there is a full explanation/write up on our website as well as more information and a gallery of pictures:

give4strips (http://www.give4strips.org.uk)

Please dont be put off by the fact that our site is currently a bit Sunderland orientated - we are now collecting kit from all Premier league and large CCC clubs (which once again unfortunately includes ourselves) and hope to get out to Tanzania & Kenya this summer with a load of kit from other clubs.

Please have a look and feel free to let us know which club you support when you visit, particularly if you decide to make a small donation.

We are after all kinds of donations and have a paypall account accessable on our front page as well as contact details and information about other ways to pledge support.

Thanks for reading and good luck for the remainder of the season.

Yours in football
Andrew
info@give4strips.org.uk

ps I'm a big fan of your chairman - he talks a lot of sense.

Neil the Eagle
24-02-2006, 02:27 PM
We've been doing this for a few years ourselves donating to missions and townships in Zimbabwe, Botswana and South Africa...

Its a good thing to do :p

One Step Down
26-02-2006, 12:41 AM
I thought for a moment there was going to be a collective disrobing before today's matches on behalf of African kids :-)