PDA

View Full Version : When we win tonight....

Malakite
21-03-2006, 08:38 AM
I want to see how many people will complete an astonishing U-turn on here and say we can win automatic promotion!.....

Seriously though, I think we will put in a huge performance tonight from all our big players, AJ will score a brace and we will travel back to Selhurst with a nice 3 points tucked under our belts...Seriously IF and most probably WHEN we win tonight, I think what with the remaining fixtures we have (easy compared to the other teams around us) and of course the fact we still have to play Sheff Utd, Watford and tonight Leeds, I really think it could well be in our own hands....and with what happened last time around, can any of us really write this season off at the moment?....(que one worded responses like "yes!" :D :rolleyes: )

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!! :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

BaldEagle96
21-03-2006, 08:44 AM
How can anyone write this season off yet when we are almost there for the Play Offs - although I do not think we have a hope in hell of second place. Sheffield United may be catchable but look at Watfords form....

budgie
21-03-2006, 08:48 AM
It won't be a U turn from me, as I still believe we can get top 2.

However if we are to do it, then 3 points is a must tonight, and even then it would be hard. Shef Utd are in serious trouble, but Leeds and Watford must be pegged back first.

The main thing we must all remember, is that its Palace we're talking about, and anything is posssible.

Malakite
21-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by BaldEagle96
How can anyone write this season off yet when we are almost there for the Play Offs - although I do not think we have a hope in hell of second place. Sheffield United may be catchable but look at Watfords form.... Yup its true Watford are on fire right now, BUT they are one of the teams we have beaten so you never never know!!.....What I meant was to write SECOND place off, sorry I wasn't very clear!

Malakite
21-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by budgie
It won't be a U turn from me, as I still believe we can get top 2.

However if we are to do it, then 3 points is a must tonight, and even then it would be hard. Shef Utd are in serious trouble, but Leeds and Watford must be pegged back first.

The main thing we must all remember, is that its Palace we're talking about, and anything is posssible.

GOOD MAN spot on! :lux:

Riccardo
21-03-2006, 08:58 AM
There's no way we will go up automatically.

Brumie Allan
21-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Of course top two is still on, but we do have to play better against the top teams and the bottom teams. We only seem to do well against the middle of the table one's.

On paper Watford and Leeds could still go up as champions and there is a very good chance that one of the four in the playoff places could make 2nd place, lets hope it's us, as I don't think I can face the lottery of the play off's.

BaldEagle96
21-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Malakite
What I meant was to write SECOND place off, sorry I wasn't very clear!
Phew - thought you had lost your marbles then! :)

JAS78
21-03-2006, 09:10 AM
If we win tonight could see us, sheff u, leeds & watford all playing for 2nd spot on the last day, all those permatations. Remember last season anyone? :hmph:

Joe Knight
21-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Am i the only one who has absolutely no confidence in a Palace win tonight?

Daveyboyross
21-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Joe Knight
Nope - me too. Despite their draw with Coventry, Leeds are still on form. But I do think we will beat Watford and Sheff Utd.

Ozziebob
21-03-2006, 09:31 AM
We can get automatic promotion until the mathematics says otherwise. Probability is a diferent matter. Probability we have an unbeaten run at the pointy end. Probability that other teams hit a slump or have injury problems. Until the fat lady turns up you don't know what's going to turn up.

budgie
21-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Daveyboyross
Nope - me too. Despite their draw with Coventry, Leeds are still on form. But I do think we will beat Watford and Sheff Utd.

Why are Leeds still on form?

They have drawn there last 2 games, and one of those was Norwich, who everybody on here says are crap, because we beat them. :rolleyes:

ebyeeckeagle
21-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Why are Leeds still on form?

They have drawn there last 2 games, and one of those was Norwich, who everybody on here says are crap, because we beat them. :rolleyes:

Quite. A Norwich team that has lost 1 in 6 - to us.

Leeds have drawn their last two games with last minute goals. Probably a good trait, but when we do it, or win 'ugly', the usual mob write us off. And ignore that the form book has us neck and neck with Leeds, and ahead of most of the others.

Having said that, I think Leeds will win tonight. :o That doesn't mean it is a disaster.

Chief Brody
21-03-2006, 10:25 AM
We will not get automatic promotion even if win tonight. If we remain in a play-off position we won't go up either as we are not strong enough mentally, and are woefully disorganised at the back.

sydnsteve
21-03-2006, 10:29 AM

Nope. Whatever Malakite is on, it must be very potent!

screamingalice
21-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Despite a few weeks ago looking a certainty for a play off place and no real chance of finishing second. We now find ourselves almost in a cup competition before the play-offs, in that a couple of good wins could see us move into the final few games with a chance of second place. Where as a couple of bad results, starting with a defeat tonight may see us in a real struggle for a playoff place.

Either way we must improve our overall form not only to cement a playoff place, but to move into the playoffs with a chance and we will only have a chance of winning them if we hit form soon.

There are a few rumours around that Derby may be about to appoint Mike Mcarthy as manager and if that happens before Saturday they will no doubt be out to impress the new boss, so three points at Pride Park are far from certain.

I am also picking up a few vibes about Dowie's team selection tonight, with a few people suggesting that Macken will be in the squad. If that is the case I fear Dowie will have lost it. No doubt Dougie will again be Dowie's fall guy and miss out, when his experience and his ability to rise to the big games will be much needed.

Even a defeat tonight while putting pressure on us for the remaining matches may not be a hard pill to swallow if the team shows more desire and organisation and looks more soild at the back. There is no doubt that it is our biggest game of the season so far. A repeat of our visit to Elland Road 30 years ago will do, but have we got the players who can perform and the manager who can provide the winning tactics? A big test for all tonight!

Teagle
21-03-2006, 12:00 PM
I've said for a while we can still catch second place - when we were 14 points shy of Sheffield United. Now, if we win tonight, we're something like 8 points away from them with them still to play. That means we need them to drop 5 points. Last time I said this people said "Sheffield wont drop so many", well they're on a royal wobble at the moment.
As for the whole "well we have to fight leeds and watford for second", we still have them both to play. Leeds drawing away at Coventry shows they're far from immune to a wobble.

We can catch second spot - whether we will or not is a totally different matter.

Crofty
21-03-2006, 12:06 PM
It will be a toughie but we have every chance of getting a win tonight if the team pull together and show some self belief. Leeds aren't on top of their form at the moment and we have a point to prove to them. Dowie will be well rested after his stay in Manchester last night courtesy of the BBC!:p

macstar
21-03-2006, 12:23 PM
I think we will put in a huge performance tonight from all our big players

barring the Liverpool cup game, we've yet to put in a HUGE performance all season!

cpfc@eastbourne
21-03-2006, 12:24 PM
I think that we are in a no lose situation tonight. If we win ,great closes the gap or more realistically cements our play off chances. If Leeds win it puts even more pressure on Sheffield Utd.

What about this scenario: if Leeds and Watford are in the shake up for second at the end of the season we could put Sheffield into the playoffs in the last game and they could end up fourth, to play and lose to us in the semis!

nookiebear
21-03-2006, 12:27 PM
If we stop their midfield like we did in the last 30 mins in the game at Selhurst we will win the game

Neil
21-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by macstar
barring the Liverpool cup game, we've yet to put in a HUGE performance all season!

Reading home and away and Norwich spring to mind.

macstar
21-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Reading home and away and Norwich spring to mind.

can't comment on reading away. Reading home was good, but not great. Sorry to look at the negatives but Norwich home was, IMO, the fact norwich were utter poo. No doubt we played well though.

nookiebear
21-03-2006, 12:34 PM
I was impressed with us at Coventry away and QPR away

David Amsalem
21-03-2006, 12:36 PM
This oh so great Leeds teams only managed to draw with Norwich and Coventry in there last two games.

C'mon Palace, if we were anybody else I would have written us off by now, but we're not, three points is a must tonight though. C'mon Palace, make us proud again.

Neil
21-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by macstar
can't comment on reading away. Reading home was good, but not great. Sorry to look at the negatives but Norwich home was, IMO, the fact norwich were utter poo. No doubt we played well though.

You are right, Norwich weren't great, but you can only beat what's put out in front of you.

limited_edition
21-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Reading managed to win at Sunderland away last year and still managed to miss out on the Play Offs. I won't get carried away in the unlikely event that we beat Leeds. I'd worry we'd feck up at Derby on Sat cos we'd get complacent after beating Leeds. Besides, Derby aren't clear of the relegation zone and they need the points.

budgie
21-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Chief Brody
We will not get automatic promotion even if win tonight. If we remain in a play-off position we won't go up either as we are not strong enough mentally, and are woefully disorganised at the back.

Chief, after reading that, I'm now looking over my shoulder, and worried that we may be relegated.

Christ we're in 5th place, I know of 19 other teams in this league that would like to be in our position, you must be a joy to be around.

;)

Freedman69
21-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Palace always do things the hard way. Its a fact!

Jay_eagle
21-03-2006, 02:10 PM
good post malakite! have faith

EAGLES!!!!! :lux: :lux: :lux:

Batsta
21-03-2006, 02:11 PM
I think we'll just about bungle Into the playoffs.

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Leeds will beat Palace quite easily tonight, but that's not a bad thing because if they catch Sheff U I would rather play them than Leeds in the play offs any day of the week.

limited_edition
21-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Batsta
I think we'll just about bungle Into the playoffs. I'd prefer it if we showed more zip(py) in our play.

budgie
21-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
Leeds will beat Palace quite easily tonight, but that's not a bad thing because if they catch Sheff U I would rather play them than Leeds in the play offs any day of the week.

:clown: :clown:

bern5161
21-03-2006, 03:35 PM

Can't argue with that

dave_who_ru
21-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Sorry but we don't deserve automatic promotion.

gadford4th
21-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by dave_who_ru
Sorry but we don't deserve automatic promotion.

We will if we achieve it from here.

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 04:08 PM
:clown: :clown:

Trust me budgie, you'll be the one wearing flappy shoes and driving an exploding car later on tonight ;)

smileysmith
21-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Leeds will beat Palace quite easily tonight, :rolleyes: They may do, but Palace could just as easily beat Leeds.

I seem to remember you saying we'd never make the play offs a couple of seasons ago ...

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Who? Me guv? Find the evidence! :) This season I will admit that I have ben saying all along that they aren't good enough to go up, and i stand by that. If they Do, they will get slaughtered in the premiership unless they invest some serious money in the summer. The football is terrible at times. They were a better side two seasons ago, that much is true. The overall quality in the championship is pretty poor though this term so they are being made to look good by their leasgue position.

James
21-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Am i the only one who has absolutely no confidence in a Palace win tonight? No - we will lose by at least two clear goals.

If I am wrong, I will buy everyone on the BBS a pastry.*

* subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply. You must be 18 or over and be prepared to come to Guildford on a specified day to claim the pastry. Note that buying everyone on the BBS 'a pastry' does not imply that there will be one pastry each.

David Amsalem
21-03-2006, 04:52 PM

Give it a rest. Are you Leeds in disguise?

What are you basing your prediction on? That they beat us 2-1 before? Because we've lost to the likes of Cardiff and Brighton and then gone onto beat them in the same season.

I think you've got Gonzo syndrone where you are actually hoping Palace lose just to say "I told you so".

Neil
21-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by James

* subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply. You must be 18 or over and be prepared to come to Guildford on a specified day to claim the pastry. Note that buying everyone on the BBS 'a pastry' does not imply that there will be one pastry each.

Will the day be 'specified' to the interested parties though?

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by David Amsalem
Give it a rest. Are you Leeds in disguise?

What are you basing your prediction on? That they beat us 2-1 before? Because we've lost to the likes of Cardiff and Brighton and then gone onto beat them in the same season.

I think you've got Gonzo syndrone where you are actually hoping Palace lose just to say "I told you so".

Eh? Calm down dear, it's only an opinion. Palace's form against the top sides is pretty dreadful and Leeds beat Palace easily at Selhurst. Comparing them to Brighton or Cardiff is not only naiive, it's irrelevant. Brighton are going down and Cardiff are going nowhere...and beat Palace narrowly at home with Palace reversing that score in the home fixture. A touch of reality doesn't harm you know. Then, if, as palace are prone to do, they come up with a surprise win, everyone is all the happier, but if I was betting on it I'd have 2 or 3 nil to Leeds tonight - and not because I want Palace to lose, but because that's what I think the score will be. Is that OK with you?

Chief Brody
21-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Chief, after reading that, I'm now looking over my shoulder, and worried that we may be relegated.

Christ we're in 5th place, I know of 19 other teams in this league that would like to be in our position, you must be a joy to be around.

;)

:D Sorry Budgie, I am grateful that we are where we are, but I cannot help but say again, IMO this league is feckin dreadful given the majority of our performances this season and still find ourselves in 5th.

There has been precious little I have (consistently) seen this season that gives me comfort that we have learnt from our mistakes from the opening game of the season; i.e poor mental attitude (individual and team) and poor organisation defensively. For these two reasons I simply say we will not go up this season. It may be for the best.... we shall see.

I'd midly, feckin well sort of love it if the boys proved me wrong!! ;) :lux:

MATTY THE EAGLE
21-03-2006, 05:12 PM
There is more chance of me getting with a "Buff Ting" than us winning automatic promotion.

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 05:19 PM
I am definitely in the Brody camp. Time was when I too deluded myself that Palace were something that they actually weren't. Face factsm, they are ordinary in a very ordinary league. Out of 38 games played, I reckon they have only put in about 3 or 4 truly convincing performances, and even then they have been against run of the mil sides like QPR and Coventry. The only truly gutsy performance was against Liverpool. Other than that they have been unconvincing, workmanlike and unattractive to watch,preferring to play hoofball more often than a passing game. On a scale of one to ten of all the Palace sides I have seen play over the years, this season's team is a 6 at best. It's just that the standard in the championship is currently running at about 4.5. I want them to win every time they take to the field, just like the next fan, however this season the reality is, I am seldom confident that that will be the case. Guess the fact theyve lost 12 is testament to my pessimism.

budgie
21-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Al I think we've been watching Palace for round about the same time, and I've seen some good Palace sides in that time, but I've also seen some pretty bad ones too. From your scale of 1-10, I would imagine that even a 6 would be a fairly good side, certainly good enough to gain promotion this season albeit the playoffs.

What I can't understand, is your belief that Leeds seem to be so much better than us, there not. When they beat us two weeks ago, they deserved to, but one of the similarities to us is, that they are very hit and miss.

I would be devestated tonight if ID does not get us fired up for the game tonight, as he only has to remind the players of there poor performance two weeks ago, also I would imagine that the Leeds players will have difficulty in reaching the standards they did against us.

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 05:42 PM
I just think that the crowd will get behind Leeds and if they nick an early goal it could be backs to the wall time for Palace. Of course I hope it doesnt turn out like that but that's how I see it going in all likelihood. Happy to be proved wrong but Palace's record against the teams around them is not great. In fact is bloody awful. I don't expect that to change this evening. I was playing golf with a Palace fan earlier and he said that the Stoke game was so bad it was almost embarrassing, even though they won! Palace could hardly string two passes together he said. If they play like that against Leeds expect the worst.

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 05:44 PM
PS - Budgie, don't forget to fill up your squirty flower with water. You can't have an exploding car and flappy shoes without a squirty flower ;)

DocSavage
21-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Sorry, we will lose 4 1 tonight and Watford will beat us in play offs, we will run away with the division next year

we_8_brighton
21-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by MATTY THE EAGLE
There is more chance of me getting with a "Buff Ting" than us winning automatic promotion.

Ha that tickled me.

For some reason i fancy our chances more tonight then i did in the home game a few weeks ago. I'd take a draw to be honest.

limited_edition
21-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by DocSavage
we will run away with the division next year What with our fantastic transfer record, you mean ? We're bound to replace AJ with a superb striker. :rolleyes:

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 06:02 PM
A lot of people said Palace would run away with it this year. A vast improvement would be needed to even get automatic promotion next year assuming they don't somehow battle their way through the play offs this season. If they do, fair play to therm but unless they strengthen the squad they will be slaughterred by most premiership sides next season.

limited_edition
21-03-2006, 06:08 PM
If they do, fair play to therm but unless they strengthen the squad they will be slaughterred by most premiership sides next season. Of course we will. Bet Wet Sham fans were saying that last summer. Even Reading will get slaughtered in the Prem if they don't strengthen. You need different sort of players to prosper in the CCC than the Prem.

David Amsalem
21-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Eh? Calm down dear, it's only an opinion. Palace's form against the top sides is pretty dreadful and Leeds beat Palace easily at Selhurst. Comparing them to Brighton or Cardiff is not only naiive, it's irrelevant. Brighton are going down and Cardiff are going nowhere...and beat Palace narrowly at home with Palace reversing that score in the home fixture. A touch of reality doesn't harm you know. Then, if, as palace are prone to do, they come up with a surprise win, everyone is all the happier, but if I was betting on it I'd have 2 or 3 nil to Leeds tonight - and not because I want Palace to lose, but because that's what I think the score will be. Is that OK with you?

Thats fine but the way you're talking as if its fact that Leeds will win tonight. Its not a fact. They have a chance, in fact, when you look at the league table and the fact they are at home, they have a slightly better chance, however, its not 100% that Leeds are going to win which is how you're speaking.

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Er,yes, it's just my opinion. I think it may be cloudy tomorrow, but the sun might shine. I don't know it to be a fact but that's just my opinion too, based on recent weather.

Rog 007
21-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by nookiebear
I was impressed with us at Coventry away and QPR away
Coventry away was our best performance this year.

kolinkins
21-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by smileysmith
:rolleyes: They may do, but Palace could just as easily beat Leeds.

I seem to remember you saying we'd never make the play offs a couple of seasons ago ...

AlfB didnt think we'd make them this season.

budgie
21-03-2006, 07:02 PM
PS - Budgie, don't forget to fill up your squirty flower with water. You can't have an exploding car and flappy shoes without a squirty flower ;)

You've obviously seen my car, I can't help it if i can only afford a Ford, and you know what they say about men with big shoes.

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 07:04 PM
... you know what they say about men with big shoes.

No judges of predicting Leeds Palace results? ;)

limited_edition
21-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
AlfB didnt think we'd make them this season. We haven't done it yet. I prefer the Coppell approach. We've achieved nothing until it's mathematically sure. Complacency has been our enemy since the Luton game in Aug.

trufan
21-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Gotta bump this thread! Hadn't even bothered reading it until now! :D :lux: :lux:

budgie
21-03-2006, 09:50 PM

Al, about that flower mate, don't make a mess with all that water.

...and I'm not gonna say I told you so, but.....;)

Jaserob
21-03-2006, 09:50 PM
I want to see how many people will complete an astonishing U-turn on here and say we can win automatic promotion!.....

Seriously though, I think we will put in a huge performance tonight from all our big players, AJ will score a brace and we will travel back to Selhurst with a nice 3 points tucked under our belts...Seriously IF and most probably WHEN we win tonight, I think what with the remaining fixtures we have (easy compared to the other teams around us) and of course the fact we still have to play Sheff Utd, Watford and tonight Leeds, I really think it could well be in our own hands....and with what happened last time around, can any of us really write this season off at the moment?....(que one worded responses like "yes!" :D :rolleyes: )

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!! :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

:p

SamTheOldGoat
21-03-2006, 09:51 PM
:D

mik59
21-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Can we have back online who said 'no chance' etc etc? Just for a bit of gentle ribbing.

cdm61
21-03-2006, 10:01 PM
A lot of people said Palace would run away with it this year. A vast improvement would be needed to even get automatic promotion next year assuming they don't somehow battle their way through the play offs this season. If they do, fair play to therm but unless they strengthen the squad they will be slaughterred by most premiership sides next season.

Happy soul arent you?

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Dave, can you change my user name to 'Coco from Bromley' please? Goodnight all ;)

David Amsalem
21-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Edit: Ah man, sod being that smug. Even though I was dead right, you just got to understand we're not like the other football teams. Don't ever, ever rule Palace out of it.

Riccardo
22-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Well done to the team and the fans that made it last night.

I still think automatic promotion isn't possible though.

KennyB
22-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Riccardo
Well done to the team and the fans that made it last night.

There is a similar thread elsewhere (no surprise there !) but we listened on the radio as well, and we could hear the support loud and clear. Really really brilliant. That can make all the difference.

Again, judging by the commentary, it sounded as though both Jobi and Wardy played out of their skins.

To those who went, (big up to you, by the way!) is that about right?

Chief Brody
22-03-2006, 09:05 AM
A big well done to ID and the boys...... made me a proud Eagle last night! :p :lux:

GeeTee
22-03-2006, 10:44 AM

Of course it's possible - the word you mean is 'probable'.

Malakite
22-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by sydnsteve

Mate, I bet you want some after last nights performance... GET IN all to play for Vs T'Derby now! :lux:

Malakite
22-03-2006, 11:59 AM
if I was betting on it I'd have 2 or 3 nil to Leeds tonight - and not because I want Palace to lose, but because that's what I think the score will be.

HONK HONK! :D ;) :clown: :clown:

Riccardo
22-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by GeeTee
Of course it's possible - the word you mean is 'probable'.

I bow down to your superior knowledge a thousand apologies.....patronising git.

Is that ok ? 'Patronising git' ? Or is it wrong in some way ?

Anyway, promotion automatically isn't possible/probable/do-able/likely.

Malakite
22-03-2006, 12:05 PM
This season I will admit that I have ben saying all along that they aren't good enough to go up, and i stand by that. If they Do, they will get slaughtered in the premiership unless they invest some serious money in the summer.

Mr Crusty - Lets please not forget (and bloomin' fair play to him for this too) that Mr Legend Jordan bought Morrison, (2.4?) Ward (1.1?) AFTER we were relegated....tied AJ to another 5 year contract, brought in McAnuff and Reich, so if you ask me we have invested already for the possibility of going up next season, and believe you me more players would follow if we did manage to gain promotion again..I don't reckon any other manager has invested after relagetion like Jordan has...look at the state of Southampton despite selling Theo for like 7 million what have the done?!

Malakite
22-03-2006, 12:08 PM

Anyway, promotional automatically isn't possible/probable/do-able/likely. It ain't over until Rotund sings mate......and I don't hear Mr Shipperley just yet! ;)

The Vicar
22-03-2006, 12:11 PM

Right again, Al!;)

Malakite
22-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by The Vicar
Right again, Al!;)

Don't expect a reply from old Al just yet, he is currently performing in the 'Big Top' :D

Granada allover
22-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve

Malakite, clearly prepared to lose that useless fleshy bit between his nostrils for the cause!

:p

mr_teen82
22-03-2006, 02:07 PM
This is not a U turn from me....

We won't get second.

Playoffs yes

MATTY THE EAGLE
22-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by MATTY THE EAGLE

:lux: :lux: :lux:

Man of Kent
22-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by James
No - we will lose by at least two clear goals.

If I am wrong, I will buy everyone on the BBS a pastry.*

SIZE=1]
* subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply. You must be 18 or over and be prepared to come to Guildford on a specified day to claim the pastry. Note that buying everyone on the BBS 'a pastry' does not imply that there will be one pastry each. [/SIZE]

Mines with cinnamon...

GeeTee
22-03-2006, 02:32 PM
I bow down to your superior knowledge a thousand apologies.....patronising git.

It wasn't typed in a patronising tone. Sorry.

Al From Bromley
22-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Don't expect a reply from old Al just yet, he is currently performing in the 'Big Top' :D

:) Cheeky git. I acknowledged my mistake last night when I asked dave to change my name to 'Coco' and apologised to Eddieskyclad first thing this mornijng as promised. I still maintain that Palace are too in and out with their performances to merit another season in the top flight. They are not ready. One bonus season like last year's unexpected one is fine, but I am tired of them being the proverbial yo-yos and also rans.

David Amsalem
22-03-2006, 05:18 PM
:) Cheeky git. I acknowledged my mistake last night when I asked dave to change my name to 'Coco' and apologised to Eddieskyclad first thing this mornijng as promised. I still maintain that Palace are too in and out with their performances to merit another season in the top flight. They are not ready. One bonus season like last year's unexpected one is fine, but I am tired of them being the proverbial yo-yos and also rans.

Hurry up and write us off for Derby... please!

Eagles!

Malakite
23-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Granada allover
Malakite, clearly prepared to lose that useless fleshy bit between his nostrils for the cause!

:p For sure..funnily enough we were all talking about what we would 'do' to guarantee 2nd spot....can't say what the majority or them were on here though! :D :p

Malakite
23-03-2006, 11:20 AM

I agree but BOY OH BOY its fun with us....I have always said I would rather us be consistently pants or good, but to tease us in this way is sooo bad for the old ticker..but lets face it, deep down, we all know thats exactly what support our beloved club is all about, and most of us wouldn't want it any other way!! :lux:

BRING ON THREE POINTS Vs T'DERBY!..Come on Palace you can do it! :lux: :lux: