PDA

View Full Version : A golfer's tale (boring for non-golfers)

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 02:13 PM
So there I was, playing High Elms this morning, not doing bad, more or less playing to handicap. 12th tee, Par 4, about 250 yards off the winter mats. Crack a drive, looks on line but can't see bottom of flag from the tee. Walk up there and see it'sm on the green. Get a bit closer and realise it's six inches from the hole. Tap in eagle, almost my first albatross ever. rest of round doesn't matter. I am happy with that shot! (missed a three foot putt to break 40 on the 18th)

Hedgehog
21-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Were's the 12th in relation to crossing the road. I'm having trouble picturing it.

(and don't say after the 11th and before the 13th!)

Bartman
21-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Nice one Al. I got my third hole in one a couple of weeks ago - the first one I actually saw go in though. Very satisfying.

250 yard par four - that's a bit pathetic though isn't it? (not taking anything away from your shot, which was excellent).

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Whoops, got so carried away I got the wrong hole - it's the 11th (the 12th would be impossible to drive as its 450 yards). A couple of holes before you cross the road to play that difficult par 3. You drive over a ridge on a slight dogleg. You can see the top of the flag but not much else.

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Bartman
Nice one Al. I got my third hole in one a couple of weeks ago - the first one I actually saw go in though. Very satisfying.

250 yard par four - that's a bit pathetic though isn't it? (not taking anything away from your shot, which was excellent).

Yers winter tees, it's usually just under 300. Hey, I don't make the yardages. That's where they put the tee! You're one up on me on holes in one. My two were 23 years apart.

Bartman
21-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Wish I was playing golf. Might nip down to Urban Golf this afternoon - I'm a million miles away now. Cheers!

PeterH
21-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Buy Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 2005 or 2006 for your PC. It is cracking fun.

Al, I may have a game when I am over, or in Spain if we meet up. I need to be able to hire clubs and shoes though. I am not dragging mine on and off planes for one game.

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I have some clubs in Spain if I'm there when you are. One set of men's one ladies. Take both sets and you can use mine, just looks like you have your own set! Or else I can rustle up a spare set here if we play in UK

Planet Palace
21-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Al, well done on that hole. I bet you didn't get a par on the one before as the green is a tough one to read. I am gutted as I could of made it for a game today. I cannot make Spain when you are there in April as I am moving house.

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 04:31 PM
I did actually par that one Dave. Playing a lot better these days due to my consistency with the driver. Hammered one upthe hill past the bunkers, only had a sand wedge in and two putts for par. Pity you can't make Spain. We'll have to have a game once the weather warms up here. High Elms was very chilly today til I burnt it up! :)

Bintang
21-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Handicap still 18 Al?

Al From Bromley
21-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Well I am not attached to a club at present so don't get to put cards in but I shot an 89 on a par 69 course today so yes, guess it is there or thereabouts. I have it in me to play to much lower but lack the consistency i.e. I can hit a sublime shot followed by an absolute stinker. That shot I described above was a one off though. Probably in the top three shots i have ever hit in 34 years of playing the game. I took a seven at the par 3 two holes later and still carded 40 on the way in. In fact I dropped 14 shots to par on just 4 holes today - two triple bogeys and two quadruple. For the other 14 holes I was 6 over par in total!. Bloody bizarre but true.

Hedgehog
22-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
I took a seven at the par 3 two holes later and still carded 40 on the way in.
The one when you just cross the road? Feast or famine that hole. It used to be on the green or a lost ball for me. Probably one of the hardest par 3's around the public golf course circuit in the South East.

BTW, I told you Palace would win today.... I can't believe after supporting Palace about the same length of time as me you even doubted they would. Classic Palace fuzzy logic!

ozeagle
22-03-2006, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Bartman
Nice one Al. I got my third hole in one a couple of weeks ago

you must play off scratch.

:rolleyes:

Al From Bromley
22-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Not necessarily Oz. As I mentioned, I've had two. The bloke that sort of taught me when I was younger never had one and he played off very low single figures, so there's no rhyme or reason about it.

Bintang
22-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Al

As I’ve mentioned before, you are not adjusting your score for those bad holes. The CONGU (Council Of National Golfing Unions) system states:

“The calculation of a CONGU Handicap in it's simplified form is as follows:
Taking the first three cards submitted for a golfer the gross score is determined for each round.
Gross Score = (No Of Strokes - Standard Scratch For Course)

However the No of strokes is limited, in that any hole score that is greater than a double bogey (2+ shots over the hole par) is reduced to a double bogey :

e.g. 10 Strokes on a par 3, is counted as 5 strokes.

The three gross scores are then accumulated and the average is then your starting CONGU Handicap.

e.g. Accumulated Gross Score / 3”

Obviously the more scores you have, the more accurate it becomes.

Have a look at this site: http://www.handicapmaster.org/handicaps/home.php

So taking your holes where you blew out:

“I took a seven at the par 3 two holes later and still carded 40 on the way in. In fact I dropped 14 shots to par on just 4 holes today - two triple bogeys and two quadruple.”

Your gross score of 89 would be adjusted down by 8 shots – 2 shots on the par 3, 2 on the 2 triple bogeys and 4 on the 2 quadruples.

So, assuming you have 3 scores the same, your average score for handicapping purposes would be 81. i.e. 12 over par (if the standard scratch is 69).

Therefore, your score on the day should have been 89 less 12 = 77. Not 89 less 18 (71).

Don’t forget your handicap reflects what you are capable of achieving.

Note: If anyone else has any input, feel free to correct, agree etc.

Al From Bromley
22-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Well I am capabel of achieving holes in one and 250 yard shots into par 4's that leave tap in eagles. I am CAPABLE of that, but don't do it every time I play. To my mind, I play to 18 or above far more often than I play to below it, regardless of the occasional eagle or quadruple bogey. In short, the CONGU method is barmy old cack ;)

Hedgehog
22-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Well I am capabel of achieving holes in one and 250 yard shots into par 4's that leave tap in eagles. I am CAPABLE of that, but don't do it every time I play.
We were talking about that at work a while back. The beauty of golf is a hacker could actually beat say Tiger Woods on a single hole. We could not think of another sport where you could actually get that kind of satisfaction.

Now the other 17 holes!!!!!! :eek:

Al From Bromley
22-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Yes, golf is one of the few sports where you can play anyone on level terms through the handicap system. That's what makes it such a great game. I give my regular golfing partner six shots, it keeps me focussed (on most of the holes) and as a result we have some really close games (apart from yesterday when I trounced him 5&3)

Bartman
22-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by ozeagle
you must play off scratch.

:rolleyes:

Why? You don't need to play off scratch to hit a golf ball under 200 yards.

:rolleyes: back at ya'

Tomo
22-03-2006, 02:42 PM
I'd really like to try golf, but don't really know where to start. I have only played at a 9 hole at Centreparcs. My mate I used to go college with is 19 and is currently looking to get on the proffessional tour. His current handycap this winter is 2.

PalaceFan in Alabama
22-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Played 36 holes yesterday here in the Bahamas. Monday night the 4 of us played Poker till around 3am, got up for 8am tee time. Played the first 9 as if I had never played oglf before :eek:
Over the next 27 holes I was 19 over par, the joys of golf, today attending a conference and I can see the course :sob:

Bartman
22-03-2006, 02:55 PM
. In short, the CONGU method is barmy old cack ;)

He does have a point there Al

Al From Bromley
22-03-2006, 03:04 PM
And I'd only have got 35 stableford points playing off 18 yesterday. Off 12 it would have been 29. Which is a better reflection of my handicap to par do you think? ;)

Bintang
22-03-2006, 03:38 PM
And I'd only have got 35 stableford points playing off 18 yesterday. Off 12 it would have been 29. Which is a better reflection of my handicap to par do you think? ;)

Al, you would have a 12 handicap if, as you said, you blew out 5 holes every time you played. If you shot regular high 80's with only 1 or 2 blow-outs then you score would be adjusted less, and you would have a higher handicap.

Imagine if you turned up for a tournament with an 18 handicap, had a good day and shot 84 (par 72 plus 12) for a net 66. Would probably upset a few of your competitors.

I don't play the monthly medal any more as there are too many doing that over here. A "once-in-a-blue-moon" decent round for me of net 70 didn't even make the top 20.

So I've joined the PGI (Indonesian Golf Association) and help organise tournaments now. Official scorer. Biggest problem is the handicap. The number of players being disqualified for wrong handicaps was a lot at the beginning, but is improving now as players realise they can't do it any more.

Hopefully I'll be back in the summer and we should get together for a round. :p

Al From Bromley
22-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Bintang
Imagine if you turned up for a tournament with an 18 handicap, had a good day and shot 84 (par 72 plus 12) for a net 66. Would probably upset a few of your competitors.

This is what I don't get though amongst amateurs. On the rare occasion someone has a good round and comes in with anything over 38 or 39 points or a nett 66 say, everyone moans and is up in arms. Surely that's the object of the exercise though...to try and shoot as low as possible, knowing that over the course of a year it will average out that you might have 3 or 4 good rounds, quite a few average ones and a fair few bad ones as well? - Just like the pros. Tiger can shoot four rounds in the sixties one week then, as he did last week, not break 70 for any of the four rounds. Or a better example someone like Poulter who plays to around par or just under one week then shoots an 82 like he did last week. It's not an exact science. Playing off 18 means that sometimes I'll play to par,sometimes just over, and even more infrequently just under it. Where I draw the line is when you play on a golf day and some clown comes in with 45 or 47 points. I've been to a couple of those. Equates to a net 61 or 63. Even the pros don't shoot those sort of scores more than once in a blue moon but you get the impression that the amateurs who do that are just playing off a false handicap. I like a fair contest to challenge myself and when playing with my golfing partner to ensure we have a good match. However, to me, the CONGU way of doing it is punitive as it means you have tov be on top of your game at all times. There is no leeway for someone even having a slightly off day.

Al From Bromley
22-03-2006, 04:10 PM
I'll give you a recnet example.I played in an industry event six months ago and came in with 41 points (or a net 67 if you prefer). Now, I've ben playing in this same event for the best part of 15 years so I know quite a few people who go to it. So what do they say when I come in? They ask how I got on and when I tell them they get all huffy and moan about how I should be cut and it's not right etc. (one of them himself having got 39 points!). Untold grief for playing half decent for a change (the previous week I shot high nineties and would have scored about 28 points). Anyway, lo and behold, a bloke comes in behind me with 47 points! Do they say anything? No, because they don't know the guy. 47 points! Now I WOULD be ashamed and embarrassed to come in with that sort of score. Amateur golf is petty in the extreme, that's why I prefer playing with my regular golfing partner or friends. They know I don't try and gain an unfair advantage. I was so pissed off with the comments of so called industry colleagues that I don't know if I can be bothere dto go any more. it's only a game and in fifteen years, or 30 appearances, I have been fortunate enough to win it a couple of times. Once with 36 points, the other with 38, and always playing off 18. I've also had 24 points on a couple of occasions, and everything in between. It's only a bloody game but people take it too seriously. I am in no way, shape or form a cheat or seek to gain advantage by playing off a false mark. I just, like everyone else, have good, bad and indifferent days. CONGU my arse! :)

jamesyg0
22-03-2006, 10:26 PM
When i played at a tournament when i was younger the amount of bandits there were was incredible. Boy who eventually one it came in with a score of 57 points.

El Bandito

Hedgehog
23-03-2006, 02:08 AM
I used to play in tournaments at work, and play with people I didn't practically know.

I would be hacking away, with some other guy going all over the place like me. You would get on the green and both 3 putt.

I pencil in my 7 or 8 and ask them "what did you get there (fill in blank)?"

"Oh let me see.... 1.... 2..... 3.... 2 putts.... put me down for a 5" (Yeah right! What about the kicking of the ball out of the rough…. The old dropping a ball out of a hole in your pocket when yours lost and the little “gimme” 2 footer you forget to count!)

I always felt that is their problem, not mine. At least my 105 is honest at the end of the day. If you means that much to some of these people... go ahead know yourselves out!

Al From Bromley
23-03-2006, 08:13 AM
I may have told this story before, however, form those who havent heard it...a few years ago I was playing one day with a colleague and friend who I still play regularly with to this day and an ex client who was also more of a friend, given that we had both been to his wedding, had been away on golf weekends with him etc.

Anyway, one thing I had always doubted about this client was his honesty on the golf course. The number of times he would hit a drive that would disappear into a jungle of grass but always find his ball, or hit a ball that seemed dead certainty for out of bounds only for him to go haring off in his buggy to announce to us that it was 'just in bounds' seemed just too many to be possible. In short, I thought he was cheating, but could never prove it.

So we've played the first four holes and everything is jolly. On the fifth tee however, he hits his drive and snap hooks it into some trees with some power. Knowing the course and having hit similar shots myself at that hole I suggest a reload, so he takes a second ball and hits this one, not very well, but scuttling up the edge of the rough about 150 yards. Both my friend and I have noted roughly where it ended up so we can help him find it. We then spend a few minutes trying to find his first ball to no avail. As I said to him, it was alomost certainly lost. So we walk up the fairway to the spot where I know his second ball to have ended up and after a minute or so, sure enough, we find it under a bush, just about playable. "Ah" says my client, after inspecting the ball "that's my first one". Both me and my colleague look at each other in amazement and I say "are you sure? It's on a totally different line from your first ball". "Are you calling me a cheat"? he raged. Trying to remain diplomatic but insistent I replied "No, I am just saying that I know the course and it would be very difficult for your first ball to end up here as it was heading on a totally different line to your second ball". At this stage my colleague joins in "Come on xxxx, that must be your second ball surely", at which my client fumes "OK, we'll call it my second ball shall we"? and whips a five iron out the bag, take a lash at it and sends it another hundred and fifty yards down the fairway. He then gets in his buggy, tears off after it, gets out and is just about to smash it again when we catch up with him. I say to him as his red mist is descending further, and given he only has about 100 yards to the hole and still has the same five iron in his hand, in an effort to make light of the situation "tell me you're not going to hit that club from there", at which he says "oh feck it, I've had enough", puts his club in his bag, jumps into his buggy and drives off into the distance, leaving me and my friend open jawed in disbelief at the situation that has developed.

I only ever saw him once again, at a golf day funnily enough, he was playing a couple of groups behind me. We didn't speak, and he has never spoken to my colleague from that day onwards either. As I said, he was more of a friend than a client until that fateful day he got found out to be a cheat.

Bangkok Eagle
23-03-2006, 08:30 AM
About time he got his come-uppance I guess.

Al From Bromley
23-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Yes it was, but I never expected him to react like that. He lost two friendships because of one little incident. I play golf most weeks with the other bloke and we still talk about it from time to time in disbelief, and it was nearly ten years ago it happened. We were quite literally gob smacked at his reaction.

Bintang
23-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Al
I agree with you, the CONGU way is demanding and means you have to be on top of your game at all times. But that’s what they intend. They want players to better themselves. I’ll quote from the USGA Handicap System:

“The system provides fair Course Handicaps for players and adjusts a player’s handicap index up or down as his game changes. At the same time, it disregards high scores that bear little relation to the player’s potential scoring ability and promotes continuity.”

“A basic premise underlines USGA Handicap System namely that every player will try to make the best score he can at each hole in each round he plays and that he will post every acceptable round for review.”

So they follow the same methodology as CONGU.

At the end of the day, it’s how you feel. If you feel your handicap is right, then fair enough. I’m not saying it isn’t, I’m just trying to explain the systems. Unlike many sports, golf is played without supervision. The game relies on the integrity of the player. It’s called the spirit of the game.

(Sorry I'm on a different time zone, so replying to yesterday)

As for your story today, well better to have a fun round with your friend than the other jerk.

Bintang
23-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Hedgehog,
I am amazed at the antics of some players over here. Falsifying their score cards and playing to the wrong handicap are all too common. It’s only an amateur game. There’s no cash prizes. I suppose they just like accumulating trophies.

We are trying to clean up the game here by implementing a central handicap system and by using “markers” who follow the players. In the first year, dozens were disqualified, with two players being banned for two years for major breaches of the rules. The two who were banned were known cheats but no-one had the guts to say so before.

Seems to be working and the majority of players are happy that they have a chance to win. Although when I turn up at some tournaments, I can hear the groans.

Al From Bromley
23-03-2006, 11:12 AM
I cannot understand anyone who cheats at the game. They are proving nothing to anyone.

Baffled Bob 2
23-03-2006, 11:21 AM
I can never resist cheating at that one where you have to knock it through the windmill. Otherwise I'd be there all night.

PalaceFan in Alabama
23-03-2006, 01:31 PM
I cannot understand anyone who cheats at the game. They are proving nothing to anyone.

Be honest AfB, how many times have you rolled the ball in the fairway :eek:

gcwhite
23-03-2006, 01:47 PM
My two were 23 years apart.

Snap. Mine were in 1979 and 2002.

Hedgehog
23-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Hedgehog,
I am amazed at the antics of some players over here. Falsifying their score cards and playing to the wrong handicap are all too common. It’s only an amateur game. There’s no cash prizes. I suppose they just like accumulating trophies.
Same here. Our first prize was usually 3 golf balls! Not worth selling your soul for I don't think!

Al From Bromley
23-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
Be honest AfB, how many times have you rolled the ball in the fairway :eek:

Every winter, yes. :)

ozeagle
23-03-2006, 11:31 PM
well, today i played with a bloke off 5, he went around in even par.

that was an experience as i battled to 36pts off my 16 hcp.

:(

ozeagle
23-03-2006, 11:34 PM
I'll give you a recnet example.I played in an industry event six months ago and came in with 41 points (or a net 67 if you prefer). Now, I've ben playing in this same event for the best part of 15 years so I know quite a few people who go to it. So what do they say when I come in? They ask how I got on and when I tell them they get all huffy and moan about how I should be cut and it's not right etc. (one of them himself having got 39 points!). Untold grief for playing half decent for a change (the previous week I shot high nineties and would have scored about 28 points). Anyway, lo and behold, a bloke comes in behind me with 47 points! Do they say anything? No, because they don't know the guy. 47 points! Now I WOULD be ashamed and embarrassed to come in with that sort of score. Amateur golf is petty in the extreme, that's why I prefer playing with my regular golfing partner or friends. They know I don't try and gain an unfair advantage. I was so pissed off with the comments of so called industry colleagues that I don't know if I can be bothere dto go any more. it's only a game and in fifteen years, or 30 appearances, I have been fortunate enough to win it a couple of times. Once with 36 points, the other with 38, and always playing off 18. I've also had 24 points on a couple of occasions, and everything in between. It's only a bloody game but people take it too seriously. I am in no way, shape or form a cheat or seek to gain advantage by playing off a false mark. I just, like everyone else, have good, bad and indifferent days. CONGU my arse! :)

it's an interesting one Al,

my hcp is around 15-16,

i play in a comp one sat an hour South of Sydney, first time ever on the course, and have the round of my life, knocking up 45 points off 16, i.e 7 over, and the same thing from the blokes at the counter.

you're made to feel bad for the round of your life. :bash:

needless to say, i left them to divide the spoils elsewhere and won a grand at the gallops up the road.

Al From Bromley
24-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Yes it's true Oz, youre punished for shooting a round that in the pro circles would be admired. If however you shot a net 65 every time you played, eyebrows would be raised, but as a one-off, yes, you should be congratulated, not sneered at. Never understood that philosophy.

Bintang
24-03-2006, 09:25 AM
There is an interesting table here:

http://www.usga.org/playing/handicaps/manual/Tables/AppendixE-HdcpIdxRanges.html

It shows the odds of shooting a low score in a tournament. The column across the top shows your handicap and the column on the left the score below par you score. The numbers in the middle are the odds.

So, ozeagle to shoot 7 under with a handicap of 15-16 is 552 to 1 odds.

Al, your 5 under with a handicap of 18 is 174 to 1.

This chart should be pinned on every golf course notice board, I think.

Bintang
24-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Here's another site:

http://www.usga.org/playing/handicaps/understanding_handicap/articles/deanstable.html

It shows the same table plus the odds on scoring 2 low rounds in your last 20 rounds.

Their example considers a golfer whose best two differentials (American for below par) of his last 20 scores were -6 and -8 and the player has a handicap of 15. This event would have a 1 in 7,249 chance.

They go on to say that if a threshold of 1 in 258 was established as the limit of reasonability, then the golfer should have his handicap reduced by 3.

PalaceFan in Alabama
24-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Golf is about you taking on the course :p

Edit:
Moving the tees can change how you have to play each hole (how silly of me, I forgot AfB plays of those rubber mats :eek: ) and then the position of the flag, surely they change these items on your course?

Long suffering
24-03-2006, 01:36 PM
IMHO the only really fair way of playing the game with handicap is to utilise the slope index system whereby each course is graded and your handicap is held centrally and adjusted up or down according to course difficulty. If you play to 18 at High Elms you would probably need to play to 23 at somewhere like The Addington or Wentworth. France uses it and it works very well. also used in US, I think.

Bintang
24-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Long suffering
IMHO the only really fair way of playing the game with handicap is to utilise the slope index system whereby each course is graded and your handicap is held centrally and adjusted up or down according to course difficulty. If you play to 18 at High Elms you would probably need to play to 23 at somewhere like The Addington or Wentworth. France uses it and it works very well. also used in US, I think.

Same system used in Indonesia as well. We've just completed ranking all the courses here. Why the UK has to be different, I don't know. Makes explaining handicap systems very difficult.

FrankieBoy
24-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Every winter, yes. :)

I may be wrong but I think that's illegal. You may lift and place in Winter Rules - but you may not improve the lie using the clubhead.

Al From Bromley
24-03-2006, 02:30 PM
You sound like the type of bloke who doesn't know the meaning of the word 'friendly' when talking about a casual game of golf with a mate. Do you get your rule book out for the lads? Pick, place, move sideways a few inches to get it out of a wormcast, whatever. Only in winter does the ball get moved within six inches of it's original kanding place.;)

Bintang
24-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by FrankieBoy
I may be wrong but I think that's illegal. You may lift and place in Winter Rules - but you may not improve the lie using the clubhead.

Winter Rules are usually covered by Local Rules at the discretion of the Club. Correct procedure is to mark your ball, lift it without penanlty and clean it, then replace it within a specified area. The specified area is determined by the Club. Can be say 6 inches, one club length etc., provided it isn't replaced nearer to the hole.

If you don't mark it, there's a one shot penalty.

You can't improve your lie. Covered a lot in rule 13-2.

By the way, any rounds played under "preferred lie" conditions don't count towards your handicap.

Al From Bromley
24-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Yes, and in a competition I would do that Bintang, but when youre out for a friendly game on a chilly day like last Tuesday, a simple pick and place within six inches without marking is fine in my book.

Bintang
24-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Yes, and in a competition I would do that Bintang, but when youre out for a friendly game on a chilly day like last Tuesday, a simple pick and place within six inches without marking is fine in my book.

Quite agree, as the round doesn't count anyway, it doesn't matter. Trouble is some players don't even know the rules and get all upset in tournaments when they are penalised.

If it's that chilly, Air Malaysia are doing cheap flights to Indonesia at the moment. Come and join us on the course. I told you about the caddies ;) Clean your clubs and your balls. :p

Al From Bromley
24-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Off to Spain, may play there if I get the chance.

PalaceFan in Alabama
25-03-2006, 12:49 AM
Off to Spain, may play there if I get the chance.

Play what AfB, being BM's boy :D

Al From Bromley
25-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Hardly ever see BM, he's always busy being Bob the Builder and Maidstoned does impersonations of The Yorkie Man. Chocky is usually around though for a thrashing at pool :)

ozeagle
31-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Clean your clubs and your balls. :p

sounds great, mine get a tad sweaty after a round in the heat.

:p

Jim Cannons Moustache
31-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
Golf is about you taking on the course :p

thats the way I see it too. :p I really couldn't care less what handicap anyone claims to have.

Lizzy
02-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Me neither although it does annoy me if you are playing stableford and people claim higher handicaps just to get the points. I also played golf once with a man with a hole in his pocket and he kept "losing his ball" and then "finding" it sitting up nicely on the edge of the fairway