PDA

View Full Version : Our Chairman

Addickted
31-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Instead of spouting off to all those who will listen with ill informed comments and ridiculous statements, Richard Murray the Charlton Chairman actually does something for the fans.

Operation Riverside (http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=23727)

It is £30 for you tonight against Watford isn't it?

CP Satellite
31-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Addickted
Instead of spouting off to all those who will listen with ill informed comments and ridiculous statements, Richard Murray the Charlton Chairman actually does something for the fans.

Well, it is your first Q-Final in 50 years after all.

bern5161
31-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Nothing new here. You people have been bribing pikies to go to your games for years

DDD
31-03-2006, 02:18 PM

Yeah Dickie has to urge you to take up your allocation to your first sniff of the final in half a century by offering freebie incentives.

Sad - At least 50% Should have been snapped up the minute they went on sale

If you want ill informed and ridiculous look no further than.....

"The atmosphere when Middlesbrough came to The Valley for the FA Cup quarter-final was amazing,” continues Murray and Curbishley in the letter, which also sets out all the details of each travel method and how to book.

"It was an exciting and passionate game and we desperately wanted to win it for the crowd, but despite everything we threw at them, Boro managed to hold us to a draw.

No it wasnt it was dead quite and the most boring game possible.

hoopsmccan
31-03-2006, 02:35 PM

He must have read your posts on here, then

CP Satellite
31-03-2006, 02:43 PM
"You're so old, why should I fight?" :D

Addickted
31-03-2006, 02:51 PM
1) Actually, this is our third quarter final since we've been back at The Valley.

2) The tickets haven't gone on sale yet

3) I'd booked all my travel arrangements before this was announced :sob:

4) Not all my comments are ill informed or ridiculous :p

5) Can't remember Jordan saying that to Murray CP. Perhaps you should ask Bob Dowie :eek:

CP Satellite
31-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Actually, this is our third quarter final since we've been back at The Valley.

Oh really?

Care to give us the results of the other two? ;)

Addickted
31-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Lost 1-0 at Bolton and 4-1 at Man Utd.

First time I've seen us in the Semi Final draw :cool:

Martian
31-03-2006, 03:03 PM

What an exciting club you have. I'm almost jealous :S:

boxing francis
31-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Desperate for fans.

Bens Jamin
31-03-2006, 03:14 PM
First time I've seen us in the Semi Final draw :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Your not even gonna be in the semi's though!!! HaHa!! The highlight of your season will be losing to Middlesbrough, typical Charlton!! :p

Addickted
31-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Bens Jamin

Your not even gonna be in the semi's though!!! HaHa!! The highlight of your season will be losing to Middlesbrough, typical Charlton!! :p [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh well, at least we're there.

Addickted
31-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by boxing francis
Desperate for fans.

How can this exercise be desperate? I can't imagine anyone except Charlton fans going to this game.

I think it's an excellent incentive for those that weren't originally going to seriously think about making the trip. If that means we have a good turnout and great support for the team then fantastic.

This is about what our Chairman and Board are prepared to do for us the fans - there's not many Clubs that would go to this extent. What's it cost them? About £40k? Thats less than a fortnights wages for Johnson.

Not all Clubs fleece their supporters.

The Bishop
31-03-2006, 03:32 PM

But your chairman himself spouted off inane, small-minded comments, with those he made to Jordan after our relegation. It sounds as though he acted like a complete and utter t@sser (which is what he called Jordan).

Pretty ironic, the very thing he accuses our chairman of being, is precisely what he is himself.

celery stick
31-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Oh well, at least we're there.

Only as an 'or' at the moment.

Martian
31-03-2006, 03:34 PM
How can this exercise be desperate? I can't imagine anyone except Charlton fans going to this game.

I think it's an excellent incentive for those that weren't originally going to seriously think about making the trip. If that means we have a good turnout and great support for the team then fantastic.

This is about what our Chairman and Board are prepared to do for us the fans - there's not many Clubs that would go to this extent. What's it cost them? About £40k? Thats less than a fortnights wages for Johnson.

....bla bla bla bla....

Not all clubs entertain their supporters enough to make them want to pay for their own travel.

Beanie
31-03-2006, 03:44 PM

Most clubs could rely on their fans to go to a quarter-final match, letting the board spend their £40k on something else. The article even admits they are having to "urge" fans to go.

Addickted
31-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by The Bishop
But you're chairman himself spouted off inane, small-minded comments, with those he made to Jordan after our relegation. It sounds as though he acted like a complete and utter t@sser (which is what he called Jordan).

Pretty ironic, the very thing he accuses our chairman of being, is precisely what he is himself.

Show me where Richard Murray has spouted off any comments about the last game at The Valley last season. Find what he's written and quote it on this Board.

I expect Jordan was called a 'tosser' in reference to the public comments Jordan made about Premiership Chairmen earlier in the season. But how do you know he called Jordan a 'tosser'? Certainly not from any statement Richard Murray has made.

There's only one Chairman who provides regular quotes to the media, has a national newspaper column, appears on television trying to 'up' his profile and attempting to be 'super cool' and has been put under caution by the FA..... and it's certainly not Richard Murray. He has far too much class for that.

Jordan may have raised your profile, but it's hardly awe inspiring, just contraversial. Everything he does is for Simon Jordan and not for CPFC or its long suffering fans.

Martian
31-03-2006, 03:49 PM

There's only one Chairman who provides regular quotes to the media, has a national newspaper column, appears on television trying to 'up' his profile and attempting to be 'super cool' and has been put under caution by the FA.....

...and almost all of it results in more money going to charity. Not bad eh?

Charlton Charlton rah rah rah!!!:S:

On another note, a friend of mine who was at the launch party last night said that he thought Jordan was a very pleasant guy who made positive and negative comments but it seems only the negative ones make it into the press... (oh well, Im sure he doesnt care and neither do I)... he also said that Simons fee went to charity and he was happy to stay and talk to anyone. A normal guy despite his wealth. And for what its worth the guy who told me all this is a chelsea fan and has no reason to love Simon Jordan.

Anyway, dont let any of this get in the way of more snipes at our chairman.

westsussexeagle
31-03-2006, 03:57 PM

Altogether now

The wheels on your house go round and round
Round and round
Round and round
The wheels on your house .... etc ad infinitum

Addickted
31-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by celery stick
Only as an 'or' at the moment.

'or' for the semis.

'v' for the quarters :D

DAWSYEAGLE
31-03-2006, 04:13 PM
1) Jordan has not been completely inactive in arranging free travel to games. Free coach travel was laid on during the relegation dog fight last season, although I admit more could be done on this front.

2) Simon Jordan is a living example of why its more exciting being a place fan than a Charlton fan. Our chairman is interesting and often atalking point. His word I suspect have more than a ring of truth in them even though he may choose to express himself in a somewhat brash manner. I have never even heard the name of Charlton's chairman until to today which sums up how much of talking point his actions are in one fell swoop.

Indeed Crystal Palace is a football club which from the age of ten has been interesting to support. Be it promotion pushes, relegation battles mad chaimans (I'm talking about goldberg) administration battles, a mr Venables/Lombardo being appointed as manager are just some of an all manner of sometimes ridiculous but always intersting things to have happened to Crystal Palace football club. I have always been able to speak about palace to my non palace supporting mates as theres always something interesting gone on at Selhurst.

I know the same is not true for Charlton. All Charlton seem to do is aim for European place that never materialises. No scandal no relegation battles no cup finals, nothing.

I know the inevitable 'were in the prem' jibe will be thrown back at me but I'd rather of an interesting championship side than face the utter tedium of being a Charlton fan. God what a nightmare that would be!

smileysmith
31-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Good luck to 'em I say. Admittedly their fans are a bit scummy, but I still respect the club's management. Palace could learn a thing or two.

That said, Palace will always have a better, and more passionate fan base.

croftonglazier
31-03-2006, 04:22 PM
What a boring thread. As usual desperate for a rival. You Charlton pikies are having such an interesting season that you seem to spend all day on our sites trying to wind us up.

celery stick
31-03-2006, 04:31 PM
'or' for the semis.

'v' for the quarters :D

The Bishop
31-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Show me where Richard Murray has spouted off any comments about the last game at The Valley last season. Find what he's written and quote it on this Board.

I expect Jordan was called a 'tosser' in reference to the public comments Jordan made about Premiership Chairmen earlier in the season. But how do you know he called Jordan a 'tosser'? Certainly not from any statement Richard Murray has made.

There's only one Chairman who provides regular quotes to the media, has a national newspaper column, appears on television trying to 'up' his profile and attempting to be 'super cool' and has been put under caution by the FA..... and it's certainly not Richard Murray. He has far too much class for that.

Jordan may have raised your profile, but it's hardly awe inspiring, just contraversial. Everything he does is for Simon Jordan and not for CPFC or its long suffering fans.

Okay, if you want “quotes”, then there’s an article about Jordan in today’s Daily Mail, in which he discuss various chairman:

I quote:

“We’re relegated at the The Valley, and as I go to leave, Murray says: “By the way, tosser, enjoy yourself in the Championship.” Murray is slagging me off for not going to see him before the game. I tell him he’s unbelievable. I was held up in traffic, we’ve just been relegated and he’s calling me a tosser. He then asks: “You want a fight, do you?”.

Is this enough evidence for you?. Or are you going to come back with another predictable response of Jordan being a liar?.

Despite your club being a well-established Premiership side, its whole mentality towards Palace from the Chairman down to the supporters is laughable.

Who can forget your announcer terming Palace as “Palarse” and “that lot” during last season’s league cup fixture. And not forgetting, of course, the moronic celebrations of your supporters on the last day of the season. Somehow, it comes as no surprise that your chairman should have the same mentality.

AJ's right boot
01-04-2006, 10:28 AM

Whay are you even here addickted? Shouldnt you be on your rivals board trying to wind them up? Who ever they are:o
I have no problem with Charlton, infact i give a little cheer when i hear they are doing well ;-)

Try Millwall, they will gladly hate you!

YOU ARE CHARLTON
YOU ARE CHARLTON
NO ONE HATES YOU
AND YOU CARE!

Chief Brody
01-04-2006, 12:48 PM

Instead of spouting off to all those Palace fans that read your drivel on our board, why don't you f*ck off and lose tomorrow? Still you obviously find Jordan interesting. :hi:

Addickted
01-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Chief Brody
Instead of spouting off to all those Palace fans that read your drivel on our board, why don't you f*ck off and lose tomorrow? Still you obviously find Jordan interesting. :hi:

He is interesting that's for sure.

Addickted
01-04-2006, 04:57 PM
“We’re relegated at the The Valley, and as I go to leave, Murray says: “By the way, tosser, enjoy yourself in the Championship.” Murray is slagging me off for not going to see him before the game. I tell him he’s unbelievable. I was held up in traffic, we’ve just been relegated and he’s calling me a tosser. He then asks: “You want a fight, do you?”.

No - this is a direct quote from Jordan, not Murray. Although 90% of that is factual, there is a certain 'spin' on it.

I wonder why Murray specifically used the word 'tosser'?

Addickted
01-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by AJ's right boot
Whay are you even here addickted?

Strangely enough I thought you might be interested in what our Board was doing for us the fans as a similar and very local club to yourselves.

Obviously I was sadly mistaken.

Chris K
01-04-2006, 05:03 PM

Sounds a similar scheme as to the free coaches laid on for our way travel to Blackburn near the end of last season.

SIR
01-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Dont hate Charlton. Think they are nothing to anyone. Hate Millwall and Brighton - thats all.

Will be funny if the game's called off again when they all get there, or better still it goes ahead and the freebie pikey coaches break down on the way.

gjtango
01-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Any other Prem/Championship team would sell the 5,000 without any incentives needed.

Oddjob
01-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Thats a very good initiative, obviously Addickted is going to get abuse but I actually think its a very pertinent issue he has bought our attention to.

Its well organised, cheap and for the benefit of the fans, regardless of their motives it should be applauded, irrespective of who the club is.

If Palace offered free train travel to an away game, say Sheff Utd if it was crucial I would be amazed, but you know we would all snap it up, the thing is though we wouldn't do it though would we?

Not a massive Charlton fan but their attitude to their supporters is spot on.

Addickted
01-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Oddjob
Thats a very good initiative, obviously Addickted is going to get abuse but I actually think its a very pertinent issue he has bought our attention to.

Its well organised, cheap and for the benefit of the fans, regardless of their motives it should be applauded, irrespective of who the club is.

If Palace offered free train travel to an away game, say Sheff Utd if it was crucial I would be amazed, but you know we would all snap it up, the thing is though we wouldn't do it though would we?

Thank you Oddjob - this was only the point I was trying to make. The Club didn't have to do this.

Like a twat though, I made all my arrangements for the game prior to these offers being made. :sob:

Oddjob
01-04-2006, 06:02 PM
My ticket for Watford was £35, thats for a game that was largely academic and on TV - Charlton fans can get ticket and travel in a Cup Q/F for £20 - thats insane.

SJ goes on TV and calls everyone a tosser and we all cream ourselves - ignoring the fact the guy is sitting there with his new £100k diamond ring on his finger, might be nice if he concentrated a bit more on the fans that finance this bling and less on maintaining this characther he has developed in the press that he seems to loves so much.

Gooders
01-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Your chairman stooped to taking the piss when we got relegated rather than showing a little bit of decorum as would befit someone in his position.

Sounds as though he's as much of a smug git as every Chorlteton fan I've ever met.

The Bishop
01-04-2006, 06:34 PM

By the way, your last statement about Jordan is a load of sh!t. He brought our football club out of administration and has invested millions of pounds of his own money into it. So, to say that everything he does is for Simon Jordan, is naive at best.

vivideagle
01-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Everyone knows Charltons away support is terrible.The only reason they are doing this is to raise their away support from the usual 200 or so.This is typical Charlton,bus em in,pretend were a big club

Addickted
01-04-2006, 07:24 PM
By the way, your last statement about Jordan is a load of sh!t. He brought our football club out of administration and has invested millions of pounds of his own money into it. So, to say that everything he does is for Simon Jordan, is naive at best.

I thought Jordan 'loaned' money to CPFC - but I take your point.

This latest round of 'meeja' bouts he's having though are all about Simon Jordan.

Addickted
01-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
Your chairman stooped to taking the piss when we got relegated rather than showing a little bit of decorum as would befit someone in his position.

Murray put his hand out for Jordan to shake despite all that he said about him in the press. Jordan turned his back on him. Jordan was a guest of Murray at the time.

That shows no class and duly got the response he deserved.

Young Trolley
01-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I dislike charlton. They are a crappy little club with the biggest bunch of w*nky suuporters I've ever come across. However what goes around comes around and after their behaviour on the last day of last season I will enjoy it like no other when we can enjoy our day in the sun against them. I suspect however that the majority of our support will demonstrate a far greater amount of restraint and class than I personally will be capable of so apologies in advance.

Boyandy
02-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Strangely enough I thought you might be interested in what our Board was doing for us the fans as a similar and very local club to yourselves.

Rubbish - you were using it as another way of trying to get us to bite, as you always do.

For someone who claimed `it was over` following the events of last May, why do you always act to the contrary?

When will you and your club realise that, despite the odd Palace fan here describing you as pikeys - the majority of us are really not interested in anything your club does or achieves?

I dislike Charlton - not for any perceived rivalry, but for the simple fact that your fans, manager and even staff make your club appear the most petty minded and puerile in football (at least where Palace are concerned). Charlton are like a man who was dumped by his girlfriend years ago but still hasn't got over it.

Booking Tony Christie was a case in point. I appreciate that many of your fans didn't welcome his appearance (although I bet it still didn't stop them changing the words) - but the fact remains that someone within the club thought that booking him was a good idea.

Oddjob
02-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Erm, then its quite simple, don't bite.

I found it quite interesting, and I suspect a lot of the abuse Addickted is getting is frustration that our beloved club would / could not ever organise something as well as this.

And we can hardly go on about him always mentioning May last year as we are just as bad, how many references a day are made about the 5-0 v Brighton? Shouldnt we move on

The greater issue here is the vastly different attitude to their fans that these 2 clubs show, regardless of your feelings on CAFC.

Justy C
02-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Boyandy
Rubbish - you were using it as another way of trying to get us to bite, as you always do.

For someone who claimed `it was over` following the events of last May, why do you always act to the contrary?

When will you and your club realise that, despite the odd Palace fan here describing you as pikeys - the majority of us are really not interested in anything your club does or achieves?

I dislike Charlton - not for any perceived rivalry, but for the simple fact that your fans, manager and even staff make your club appear the most petty minded and puerile in football (at least where Palace are concerned). Charlton are like a man who was dumped by his girlfriend years ago but still hasn't got over it.

Booking Tony Christie was a case in point. I appreciate that many of your fans didn't welcome his appearance (although I bet it still didn't stop them changing the words) - but the fact remains that someone within the club thought that booking him was a good idea.

Exactly my thoughts Boyandy, well said.

Oddjob, you say "don't bite" but to a lot of us Addickteds repeated sly digs are just becoming tiresome now. There is no banter involved, its just him trying to be irritating (and unfortunately it works). When the argument moves on no doubt he'll bring out the white flag and give it the "hey guys, its just the colour of our scarves thats different" line or something similar. The point is that he comes on here trying to stir things up but then claims thats not the reason - a shame he feels like that as from time to time he does actually make a half decent point when he puts his mind to it and you can sift through the tiresome drivel.

As for your comment about some of us being frustrated that we don't organise things like Charlton do, well give yourself a break. Is free coaches/sending coaches into deepest darkest Kent really worth getting that heated up about?

Oddjob
02-04-2006, 08:21 AM
I am not referring to the coaches to Kent thing, I am making reference to the article he has posted, which states that CAFC are laying on FREE coach and train travel for their fans for their game at Boro......Nothing to do with bussing in people from Gillingham, Chatham or Timbucktoo.

That is something to be applauded in my eyes. Not an April Fool is it?

Justy C
02-04-2006, 08:30 AM
I know thats what you are referring to, I just don't see why people get wound up about it because Charlton are doing it. Nice gesture and all that but I remember Jordan refunding peoples travel expenses a few years ago after a shocker of a performance away to Barnsley (I think)......do you think other clubs fans then started feeling frustrated that their club didn't do the same? I don't know, and I don't really care either.

Do you think when Jordan did that, Palace fans went on to Brighton / Charlton / Millwall websites saying "look what a great chairman we have"? Pretty sad if they did.

c_block_lad
02-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Typical Addickted, look at Charlton "Well run club, everyone likes us etc etc blah blah".

Your a plastic club, you have no soul, no heart, no nothing. Built on fake principles, which will soon all end and fall down like a pack of cards.

Your a nothing club, no one hates you.

Charlton Who?

c_block_lad
02-04-2006, 08:46 AM
All you need to know about Charlton's support is there away following. They "Hate Us", but cannot sale out the away end when they play us...

Laughable.

Nothing club, nothing fans.

The Bishop
02-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Justy C
Exactly my thoughts Boyandy, well said.

Oddjob, you say "don't bite" but to a lot of us Addickteds repeated sly digs are just becoming tiresome now. There is no banter involved, its just him trying to be irritating (and unfortunately it works). When the argument moves on no doubt he'll bring out the white flag and give it the "hey guys, its just the colour of our scarves thats different" line or something similar. The point is that he comes on here trying to stir things up but then claims thats not the reason - a shame he feels like that as from time to time he does actually make a half decent point when he puts his mind to it and you can sift through the tiresome drivel.

As for your comment about some of us being frustrated that we don't organise things like Charlton do, well give yourself a break. Is free coaches/sending coaches into deepest darkest Kent really worth getting that heated up about?

Completely agree. The only reason he came on here was to have a sly dig at Jordan (incidentally, he also gives the proceeds from his newspaper column to charity, so his wrong again about Jordan only being out for himself).

As has already been mentioned, Charlton are disliked for their petty-minded mentality. It’s become nothing more than boring and irritating. But I think they’re just desperate for a rival, because they don’t have one.

In all the years I’ve been supporting Palace, it’s always seemed to me that the vast majority of our supporters have never viewed them as being rivals. Maybe one day another football club will oblige.

Boyandy
02-04-2006, 10:10 AM
If Palace were a musician we'd be Sid Vicious. Controversial, actually not that talented, but never boring.

If Charlton were a musician they'd be Howard Jones. Nice, inoffensive, but the majority of the populace are unaware that they're still making records.

The next time they make a biopic of Howard Jones, someone let me know.

Oisin
02-04-2006, 10:40 AM
All clubs put on free coaches for the fans from time to time. I've certainly had free travel from Palace. But this I suspect is more to do with Charlton's tiny away support. Most of the people who watch them have no real passion for the club and no real reason to travel.

Nelson Muntz
02-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Typical Addickted, look at Charlton "Well run club, everyone likes us etc etc blah blah".

Your a plastic club, you have no soul, no heart, no nothing. Built on fake principles, which will soon all end and fall down like a pack of cards.

Charlton Who?
Gotta agree with C Block here.
The clowns have no soul whatsoever. Hardly anybody watches them away and they have to bus 'fans' in from all over the shop to get people to watch them at home..
I also agree with the poster who said that they shouldn't need an incentive to go to a cup QF.
I also agree with the posters that say that 'addicked' is just a wind up merchant, but at least he's in the away end this time. He's got away with it far to much in other areas of the BBS.
I also agree with Simon Jordan. I don't like to see any club relegated, except charlton (millwall & seaweed as well for me SJ).

Heb 7:4
02-04-2006, 02:13 PM

This isn't some altruistic gesture from your chairman, it's just an attempt to get a bit of a turnout at the riverside. You have, as we all know, an absolutely shocking away support. While I commend those like you that go to Charlton away games, you are a small band as much of your home support is just there for cheap, convenient, Premiership football (a fact your excellent marketing men are well aware of if your Henry/Van Nistlerooy heavy advertising is anything to go by) which doesn’t translate to away games. Away from home, without cheap tickets and a Valley Express, they can't really be arsed.

Getting through to the semi-finals, with a good chance of the final, would be massive for Charlton. A bit of support would of course help Charlton's chances, and Murray is just doing what he can to ensure the financial windfall of a semi and possibly a final comes his way. Very sensible, and I'm glad Charlton fans will benefit, but it's quite sad that your support is so apathetic that without such an initiative your support, for one of the biggest games in your clubs recent history, would have been it's usual shit self*.

*Feel free to disagree and say it would have been massive, but you'll be fooling no-one, least of all yourself.

AJ's right boot
02-04-2006, 10:33 PM

Utter rubbish, you are simply here to antagonise Palace fans in a futile bid to stir up some sort of rivalry that simply doesnt exsist. As i said in my previous message, try a Millwall forum!

Away Day Eagle
03-04-2006, 07:28 AM
How Many did you lot take to Wet Sham ?

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

DDD
03-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

Come on ADE be fair - thats a long old journey for them.

;)

eagles #1
03-04-2006, 10:23 AM

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: 1,200!! :D:D

Away Day Eagle
03-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by DDD
Come on ADE be fair - thats a long old journey for them.

;)

We had more waiting for Brighton on the way home from Millwall on Saturday ;) :eek:

DaveTuttles
03-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Tell someone who gives a ••••.

03-04-2006, 10:27 AM
We had more waiting for Brighton on the way home from Millwall on Saturday ;) :eek:

Under starters orders as usual.

:D

Away Day Eagle
03-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Brighton Bloke
Under starters orders as usual.

As Always ;)

Away Day Eagle
03-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by DaveTuttles
Tell someone who gives a ••••.

:clown: :clown:

Away Day Eagle
03-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by c_block_lad

Charlton Who?

C_Block Gold :p :cool: :D :) ;)

DDD
03-04-2006, 10:42 AM

:D :D :D

celery stick
03-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Boyandy
If Palace were a musician we'd be Sid Vicious. Controversial, actually not that talented, but never boring.

:lux: :lux: :lux:

Punk Rock Palace!

DDD
03-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by celery stick
:lux: :lux: :lux:

Punk Rock Palace!

and Charlton...I'd go Prog Rock. :moo:

celery stick
03-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by AJ's right boot
Utter rubbish, you are simply here to antagonise Palace fans in a futile bid to stir up some sort of rivalry that simply doesnt exsist. As i said in my previous message, try a Millwall forum!

To be fair on Addickted, the trouble with Millwall forums is where the BBS deletes extreme language the Millwall ones insert the word 'c***' after every second word.
You then have to go through each post removing said word until you even have a chance of understanding what anyone is trying to say.

Its no surprise Addickted prefers it on here.

Chief Brody
03-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Oddjob

I think most people would agree it is a good iniative, It's Addickted's sanctimonious first post that irritated me. As such any "abuse" is hardly surprising. Nice timewasting by the way. ;)

DDD
03-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Addickted not normally sanctamonious - Perhaps the fact that he realises that we REALLY REALLY REALLY dont care enough about Charlton and that they are just another club to us is starting to get to him.

Chris K
03-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Re: Richard Murray, he's actually a bloody nice bloke. I was mates with his son at school and stayed over at Murray Towers (literally their place is bloody huge!) after parties, nights out etc and met him a number of times. One of the few stinking rich people I have met that isn't completely up their own arse etc etc

03-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Anyone who likes a chairman...cor how cringeworthy...

CP Satellite
03-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Is he the one that looks like Reg Varney from "On the buses"?

03-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by CP Satellite
Is he the one that looks like Reg Varney from "On the buses"?

No he is Pete Varney who sounds like the bloke from OTB. They have a brother called Manto.

:o

Chris K
04-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Anyone who likes a chairman...cor how cringeworthy...

More defending an old mates dad, i'd class that as noble rather than anything else.

CP Satellite
04-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Yep...I've got it now...all those subsidised coaches...Charlton are a tribute to "On the buses"....

Richard Murray is "Arthur"

Peter Varney is "Stan"

Alan Curbishley is "Olive"

Derek Hales is "Blakey".

04-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by CP Satellite
Yep...I've got it now...all those subsidised coaches...Charlton are a tribute to "On the buses"....

Richard Murray is "Arthur"

Peter Varney is "Stan"

Alan Curbishley is "Olive"

Derek Hales is "Blakey".

Derek Hales = Oddbod from Carry on Screaming

Keith Peacock = Cowboy from YMCA

Scratching my head to think of other notable Charlton players....

Ok

Mike Flanagan = Jeff Lynne (ELO)

celery stick
04-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Derek Hales = Oddbod from Carry on Screaming

Keith Peacock = Cowboy from YMCA

Scratching my head to think of other notable Charlton players....

Ok

Mike Flanagan = Jeff Lynne (ELO)

bald-eagle
04-04-2006, 02:51 PM

Only 'cos the fans won't do it for themselves.

eagles #1
05-04-2006, 12:13 PM
A new Charlton song for SJ...

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=905&p=16&style=1&forumId=6613&action=1&replytoid=2123169935

:clown:

eagles #1
05-04-2006, 12:16 PM
And another...

"Oh the Tos-ser Simon Jordan went to Rome to see the Pope
Oh the Tos-ser Simon Jordan went to Rome to see the Pope
and this is what he said
(F*** OFF)

Who's that team they call the Charlton.
who that team we all adore
We're the boys in red and white
and we f****** dynamite
and we're out to show the world that we can score"

Talented bunch aint they? :D

DDD
05-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Good lord

When will they realise we really dont give a sh*t ???

If it wasnt for Addickted on here they wouldnt register with me at all.

eagles #1
05-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by DDD
Good lord

When will they realise we really dont give a sh*t ???

If it wasnt for Addickted on here they wouldnt register with me at all. Funny thing is...imagine how long it took the poor bloke to come up with the first song! Must of took ages bless him. :D

DDD
05-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Funny thing is...imagine how long it took the poor bloke to come up with the first song! Must of took ages bless him. :D

Probably gave him something better to do that masturbate over pictures of steam trains for one night so we'll let it pass eh :o

celery stick
05-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
And another...

"Oh the Tos-ser Simon Jordan went to Rome to see the Pope
Oh the Tos-ser Simon Jordan went to Rome to see the Pope
and this is what he said
(F*** OFF)

They'll be wearing plastic Beatles wigs next.
Trendy bast*rds.