PDA

View Full Version : The Grand National Poll


paulhgc2002
06-04-2006, 09:41 PM
What will be your selection ?

palace & proud
06-04-2006, 09:54 PM
My main Horse will be Clan Royal

Im also gonna do a few each way bets : TheRealBandit,Jack High,Spot Thedifference & Lord of Illusion

paulhgc2002
06-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by palace & proud
My main Horse will be Clan Royal

Im also gonna do a few each way bets : TheRealBandit,Jack High,Spot Thedifference & Lord of Illusion

spot the difference is not in the national

palace & proud
06-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
spot the difference is not in the national


That a surpraise,I will have to pick another one out now.. :bash:


http://www.racingpost.co.uk/images/graphics/gn_micro_spl.jpg

paulhgc2002
06-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by palace & proud
That a surpraise,I will have to pick another one out now.. :bash:


http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/detailed_card.sd?race_id=398944&r_date=2006-4-8&flag=1&cards=1

well the racingpost say its not but at the races say it is :bash:

paulhgc2002
06-04-2006, 10:13 PM
11pm and only 5 votes :bash:

palace & proud
06-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
11pm and only 5 votes :bash:


Post up your's then..:lux:

paulhgc2002
06-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by palace & proud
Post up your's then..:lux:

i have

palace & proud
06-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
i have

I mean on the page...:eek: :clown:

paulhgc2002
06-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by palace & proud
I mean on the page...:eek: :clown:

ohhhhhh so you wanna know my tip in writing hey ?

Billyd
06-04-2006, 10:42 PM
jack high

paulhgc2002
06-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Billyd
jack high

good tip i reckon

paulhgc2002
06-04-2006, 11:12 PM
ok ok ok who else has backed ross comm ?

palace & proud
06-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
ok ok ok who else has backed ross comm ?


Nope,dont fancy that at all.

paulhgc2002
06-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by palace & proud
Nope,dont fancy that at all.

One of the best-handicapped runners in the field who has thrived for the move to Sue Smith, winning six of last ten starts. 10lb well in following impressive Bangor success over inadequate trip but stayed well to win at Carlisle over 3m2f. Some doubt he has the class, but jockey Dominic Elsworth adamant he would have finished in first three in the Hennessy but for coming to grief at the last in the back-straight. Goes from strength to strength and high on the shortlist."
LONGEST WINNING DISTANCE...3m 2f

NATIONAL COURSE FORM..none

TRAINER'S NATIONAL RECORD:....
6 Runners, 0 Winners, 0 Places

STATS POSITIVES:

+ Has won over 3m
+ Weighted below 11st
+ Perfect age
+ Ran in Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup
STATS NEGATIVES:

None

Chris K
07-04-2006, 09:04 AM
So lads, who's looking good? I know sweet FA about horse racing but will be up for a bit National action tomorrow. Any tips greatfully accepted :)

I've got Hedgehunter in the office sweepstake. Is it worth doubling up at the bookies or shall i look elsewhere?

tonkers
07-04-2006, 09:07 AM
NUMBERSIXALVERDE or CLAN ROYAL. 20 bet on each one to win

Oddjob
07-04-2006, 09:09 AM
It has to be Sir OJ !

Jordan's Jacket
07-04-2006, 09:12 AM
The Irish Garvonnian for me.....also put a bit on Amberleigh House and Le Duc

Joeymaz
07-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Garvonnian and Joes Edge

paulhgc2002
07-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Chris K
So lads, who's looking good? I know sweet FA about horse racing but will be up for a bit National action tomorrow. Any tips greatfully accepted :)

I've got Hedgehunter in the office sweepstake. Is it worth doubling up at the bookies or shall i look elsewhere?

get on ross comm @ 20/1

palace & proud
07-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
get on ross comm @ 20/1


:eek:


Someone has 300,000 @ 6/1 Rolling on Clan Royal tomorrow,Will be the biggest ever bet in Grand National History!

paulhgc2002
07-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
get on ross comm @ 20/1

if you do not have a betfred account then open one and if u back a 20/1 winner @ 5 then fred will pay 200 instead of 100

http://www.betfred.com/frameset.asp

paulhgc2002
07-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by palace & proud
:eek:


Someone has 300,000 @ 6/1 Rolling on Clan Royal tomorrow,Will be the biggest ever bet in Grand National History!

thats crazy money

Son of Selhurst
07-04-2006, 09:47 AM
How many horses will wake up tomorrow for the last time.....?

paulhgc2002
07-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Son of Selhurst
How many horses will wake up tomorrow for the last time.....?

that could happen in any race

Geezer
07-04-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm going for Lord of Illusion and Shotgun Willy.

Chris K
07-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
get on ross comm @ 20/1

Much appreciated. I'll take a look

CHERRY TREE BRB
07-04-2006, 11:24 AM
1st: Numbersixvalverde
2nd:Ross Comm
3rd: Garvionnian
4th: Hedgehunter

gadford4th
07-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Chris K
Much appreciated. I'll take a look


Minimum bet to qualify is a tenner

paulhgc2002
07-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by gadford4th
Minimum bet to qualify is a tenner

still worth it as they double ya winnings up to 100

gadford4th
07-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Just opened a new account with betfair, 'free' 20 quid bet on Cornish Rebel to romp home at 24-1.

Winning 500quid tomorrow would make my life.

Son of Selhurst
07-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
that could happen in any race

Yeah, cos every race has 2 and half miles, filled with 30+ fences that are all over twice the height of normal jump courses, at which crap loads of horses arrive at the same time. :rolleyes:

paulhgc2002
07-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by gadford4th
Just opened a new account with betfair, 'free' 20 quid bet on Cornish Rebel to romp home at 24-1.

Winning 500quid tomorrow would make my life.

nice one is betfair doing a promotion then ?

paulhgc2002
07-04-2006, 04:57 PM
10 win on ross comm

5win on cornish rebel

FourtyTwo
07-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Got Rince Ri in the work sweepstake.
But fancied Garvivonian

paulhgc2002
07-04-2006, 11:51 PM
my little man says rince ri

jackstacks
08-04-2006, 12:00 AM
My friend has no interest in racing but claims to have picked the winner in each of the last 5 years. Bit spooky.

She is backing JACK HIGH.

My tenner is on it.

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by jackstacks
My friend has no interest in racing but claims to have picked the winner in each of the last 5 years. Bit spooky.

She is backing JACK HIGH.

My tenner is on it.

interesting

CHERRY TREE BRB
08-04-2006, 07:29 AM
After reading the morning papers, my mind is still unchanged and slippers madden will have irish eyes smiling at about 435 this afternoon.

Numbersixvalverde...go on my son!!!

Scoey9000
08-04-2006, 09:07 AM
JUVEIGNEUR

with JACK HIGH and INNOX

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 11:06 AM
ok good afternoon bbsers if you would like a free 5 bet for today then check out http://www.bluesq.com/bet they have a free sun deal going on ............................... come on ross comm ..............cooooooooooooooooome on

spt1978
08-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Got NUMBERSIXALVERDE 10 each way.

Young Trolley
08-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by CHERRY TREE BRB
After reading the morning papers, my mind is still unchanged and slippers madden will have irish eyes smiling at about 435 this afternoon.

Numbersixvalverde...go on my son!!!

Like it Cherry but paper says it's a mudlark, will the going be too quick for him???

geeza
08-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Red Rum will win

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by geeza
Red Rum will win

wrong year mate :bash:

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 01:19 PM
keep voting 2 hrs to go

Oddjob
08-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Gone for Sir OJ E/W

geeza
08-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
wrong year mate :bash:

I reckon Devon Lock will fall at the last :eek:

Terrace Bickle
08-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Just In Debt 5 e/w 80-1

**I know nothing about racing but the jockey's wearing red & blue**

Watson's My Cat
08-04-2006, 01:51 PM
16 quid across 6: No.6alverde, Jack High, Rince Ri, Ross Com, Clan Royal, Hedgehunter. WCS (apart from being 16 down) is a fiver profit. Rince Ri will net me a ton (and I have him each way). Jack High and Ross Com are my two most likely earners.

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Watson's My Cat
16 quid across 6: No.6alverde, Jack High, Rince Ri, Ross Com, Clan Royal, Hedgehunter. WCS (apart from being 16 down) is a fiver profit. Rince Ri will net me a ton (and I have him each way). Jack High and Ross Com are my two most likely earners.

my little boy fancies rince ri

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 02:35 PM
40 minutes to go

paf
08-04-2006, 02:45 PM
1. Ross Com
2. Garivivonian
3. Le Duc
4. Numbersixvalverde

Fountainhead
08-04-2006, 02:47 PM
I know nothing about the geegee's but you have to bet on the national don't you?

Gone for :-

Hedgehunter to win 15 @ 5/1

Baron Windrush 5 E/W @ 66/1

Royal Auclair 5 E/W @ 28/1

Fountainhead
08-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Also got Amberleigh House and Garvivonnian in the work sweep.

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 02:57 PM
18 minutes to go

Chris K
08-04-2006, 03:05 PM
I've gone for

Ross Com
Royal Auclair
Cornish Rebel
and finally Just In Debt as it describes the way my week has gone :( Hopefully for once irony will work in my favour.

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 03:12 PM
parading

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 03:14 PM
comming into line

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 03:15 PM
there off............off ......off ...... off ...... off

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 03:15 PM
false start

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 03:16 PM
all comming back to the start

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 03:20 PM
2nd time around and there off...............off...............off........... ..off

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 03:31 PM
and the winner is .......mumbersixalverde

Oddjob
08-04-2006, 03:31 PM
GET IN, GET IN

20 at 11/1 !!!

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 03:31 PM
so we have 10 winners acording to the poll

mik59
08-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Oddjob
GET IN, GET IN

20 at 11/1 !!! Nice one J. Mine's a pint of whisky!

paf
08-04-2006, 03:32 PM
false start was a pain, all 3 of mine were out before it even started, I think one of em made it the 4th fence. They really need to sort out the start, it's over 4 miles for gawds sake.

Polish Prancer
08-04-2006, 03:36 PM
10 on the winner for me :D

I used to know a bloke called Val Verdi thats why I chose the horse

Gav The Hamster
08-04-2006, 03:36 PM
beautiful

backed the winner and had 2nd and 3rd in the sweepstake.

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Polish Prancer
10 on the winner for me :D

I used to know a bloke called Val Verdi thats why I chose the horse

nice one i think i ave better luck on the dogs

spt1978
08-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Just picked up my 150 winnings, happy days.

lightweight
08-04-2006, 03:46 PM
£2 each way on the winner - hurrah - not big money but won more than I did when I was there last year!!

gingerob
08-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Thanks to the BBS I picked the winner Cheers people!!! Only had a fiver on it though

drizzt
08-04-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm trying to check my winnings, but betfred.co.uk seems to be down. Anyone else having this problem?

Oddjob
08-04-2006, 03:55 PM
240, next tip is Pennant FPTS in the 5.15 game at 16/1, if Brum win it completes a nice treble for me paying out 116

lightweight
08-04-2006, 04:01 PM
£34 I won - that'll do!!

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by drizzt
I'm trying to check my winnings, but betfred.co.uk seems to be down. Anyone else having this problem?

seems ok here did you get the %100 bonus

Watson's My Cat
08-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
so we have 10 winners acording to the poll

I voted for Hedgehunter - but still had a punt on the winner, of course. In fact, I called the top 3!

33 off 16. Betfred will be hoping I don't come back next year!

paulhgc2002
08-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Watson's My Cat
I voted for Hedgehunter - but still had a punt on the winner, of course. In fact, I called the top 3!

33 off 16. Betfred will be hoping I don't come back next year!

did you take the betfred bonus ?

Watson's My Cat
08-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
did you take the betfred bonus ?

Thought it was only applicable to the runners over 20/1?? Otherwise, I'm not a happy cat-owner.

Glaws Eagle
08-04-2006, 05:54 PM
had a right touch on numbersixva....... etc. read it in the telegraph on monday and it was highly tipped.