PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams Banned Again

Wildcat Army
26-04-2006, 10:05 AM
When the hell did this happen ? Strath any ideas as its the first Ive heard of it. ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/4945104.stm

elliott
26-04-2006, 11:56 AM
He was doing a yoga course in India and I think first missed a drugs test because they couldn't contact him.

I think he then failed a drugs test. He was found guilty but appealed it. He denied everything and even Saban stood by him (indicating to me that he was innocent).

However, Ronnie B will be good enough especially with Fred Beasley blocking for him

elliott
26-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Wooo! My orange Pep shirt arrives on Friday btw

Chester
26-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Happened 6 weeks to a month ago. Williams claims that the banned substance is in herbal remedies that he was taking obviously they didnt believe him and as a result of it being his 4th offence he is automatically banned for the season.

Strathclyde Eagle
26-04-2006, 06:59 PM
He's accepted the punishment, and it apparently wasn't marijuana he tested positive for. Story has been floating around for a while, took a long time for a result though.

No doubt the same old clip of Ricky holding two fingers to his mouth will make an appearance on PTI tonight. :rolleyes:

danibutcher
27-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by elliott
He was doing a yoga course in India and I think first missed a drugs test because they couldn't contact him.
Gotta ask yourself why would he go to India for a yoga course. Maybe cos he wanted to miss a drugs test? He's only got himself to blame and he would be more respected as an athlete if he cooked himself into a clinic instead of just quiting. He's a disgrace to his profession and has let down anyone that looked up to him.

Wildcat Army
04-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Talking of the Fins... wheres the best place to buy Dolphins merchandise over here ? Seems a bit excessive with the postal charges to buy direct from the Dolphins official store ?

elliott
04-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Ebay ;-)

Strathclyde Eagle
04-05-2006, 06:26 PM
www.ta-sports.net I think. It seems like they operate most of the shop seen at www.nasn.com

elliott
05-05-2006, 12:14 AM
That's a pretty reasonable site actually.

Got my orange Pep shirt infront of me now. to wash though