PDA

View Full Version : BBS WWE PPV Predictions League 2006 - Backlash

nottsunieagle
26-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Well i'll be damned guys - after a Wrestlemania that while good barely had any build-up to it, we get a PPV with a well-defined storyline to almost every match. I've been pleasantly surprised at the E these past few weeks, since they've actually been doing the background to each match so well that i'm not certain how every match is gonna finish.

The triple threat is looking awesome, RVD vs Shelton should rock my world, especially since they've had a few weeks to get used to each other, and HBK and Shane will easily carry Vince, who can bump like a madman anyway. And hey, we've even got a little casual blasphemy into the show. God bless you all!

Kane and Show will probably be the only match that i can see sucking, and that's cos two big cumbersome men just doesn't really work. But hey, with Masters on the show, i could be wrong. Either way i'm looking forward to this big time.

You know the drill by now guys - last time out CPFC_619, Sussex and Johnson both stormed forward, but it can all change, so get entering!

Your Matches!

1) John Cena (c) vs Edge vs HHH - WWE Title Triple Threat Match
2) Shawn Michaels and GOD vs Vince and Shane McMahon
3) Shelton Benjamin vs Rob Van Dam - Intercontinental Championship vs MITB - Winner Takes All
4) Kane vs Big Show
5) Mickie James (c) vs Trish Stratus - Women's Championship
6) Carlito vs Chris Masters
7) Ric Flair vs Umaga

And Your Tiebreakers...

1) Which match will go on first?
2) Which match will go on fifth?
3) How will GOD involve himself in the match? Bonus point for the most creative entry.
4) With the ECW PPV being announced recently, will any ECW superstar involve themselves in proceedings?
5) Pick a weapon, other than a chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening.

Your Current Leaderboard!

1) CPFC_619 - 21.5
2) Sussex Eagle - 20.6
3) Johnson - 20
4) nottsunieagle - 18.9
5) eddieskyclad - 18.6
6) Diggers Digs In - 18.4
7) BLUE BOY - 17.7
8) Benzhiyi - 17.4
9) Grim Reaper - 15.4
10) JamieBcpfc - 15.2
11) cpfc4ever - 15.0
12) kolinkins - 14.6
13=) What? - 14.5
13=) SmithEagle - 14.5
15) Oddjob - 14.4
16) Eric's Headband - 12.4
17) Daddy Long - 10.5
18) Gazz - 9.8
19) NO1FAN - 8.3
20) E15Eagle - 7.7
21) pauldrulez - 7.6
22) Dirty Northerner - 5.2
23) gold76 - 4.4
24) Gav the Hamster - 4.2
25) Sprout Eagle - 4.0
26) t_appletart - 3.0

So there you have it guys, with my exams coming up i'm not sure when you get the results, but hopefully i'll have them sooner rather than later. Best of luck guys!

SmithEagle
26-04-2006, 05:17 PM
I havent caught any shows since Wrestlemania! Havent a clue on storylines or anything, i'd better quickly update myself and enter!

we_8_brighton
26-04-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm up for this, got back into wrestling since Wrestlemania so here goes nothing!

ermm Edge will be the one pinned / taps out - I got a feeling Cena might retain

HBK due to interference from the man upstairs

3) Shelton Benjamin vs Rob Van Dam - Intercontinental Championship vs MITB - Winner Takes All

RVD

4) Kane vs Big Show

Kane

Mickie James

Chris Masters

7) Ric Flair vs Umaga

Umaga

Tie breakers

Which match will go on first?

Nature boy and umaga

Mickie james and trish

3) How will GOD involve himself in the match? Bonus point for the most creative entry.

some sort of lighting spark / fire

4) With the ECW PPV being announced recently, will any ECW superstar involve themselves in proceedings?

No

5) Pick a weapon, other than a chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening.

Sledgehammer

GJN
26-04-2006, 11:15 PM
(1) Cena wins

(2) shawn michels and god

(3) RVD, put my car on it ;)

(4) kane, return of the monster heel :D

(5) mickie james

(6) carlito, they will NEVER have him lose to masters (plus he will break the masterlock - do i get a bonus point if that happens?)

(7) umaga, gotta push the new guy, eh?

(1) tough one! kane vs big show
(2) michels and god vs mcmahons
(3) god will make the room go dark, strike a few bolts, and make the ring shake, allowing michels to wriggle out of being held by shane as vince is about to do something
(4) not on one of raws premier pay per views
(5) money in the bank brief case!

Chas
27-04-2006, 03:21 AM
1) John Cena (c) vs Edge vs HHH - HHH, to put over RVD at ONS
2) Shawn Michaels and GOD vs Vince and Shane McMahon - Shawn, this is comic relief, no way is the heel going over
3) Shelton Benjamin vs Rob Van Dam - RVD, so he can use the MITB on HHH at ONS
4) Kane vs Big Show - Kane, gotta keep the movie hyped
5) Mickie James (c) vs Trish Stratus - Mickie, to give her a successful defence
6) Carlito vs Chris Masters - Carlito, looks like another good talent turning face and getting elevated too soon...
7) Ric Flair vs Umaga - Umaga, unfortuately...Flair, PLEASE bury this jobber!

And Your Tiebreakers...

1) Which match will go on first? Kane v. Show
2) Which match will go on fifth? Mickie v. Trish
3) How will GOD involve himself in the match? Bonus point for the most creative entry. Lightning, sacrifice of Vince's only begotten son, Shane
4) With the ECW PPV being announced recently, will any ECW superstar involve themselves in proceedings? Tommy Dreamer maybe? I doubt any mention of ECW will be made.
5) Pick a weapon, other than a chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening. Tables :)

CPFC_619
27-04-2006, 11:32 AM
CENA

HBK and GOD

RVD

4) Kane vs Big Show
KANE

MICKIE

CARLITO

7) Ric Flair vs Umaga
UMAGA

And Your Tiebreakers...

CARLITO vs MASTERS

MICKIE vs TRISH

SOME MYSTERY PARTNER

SABU

SLEDGEHAMMER

nottsunieagle
27-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Your Matches!

Cena

HBK and GOD

RVD

4) Kane vs Big Show
Kane

Mickie James

Carlito

7) Ric Flair vs Umaga
Umaga

And Your Tiebreakers...

Kane v Big Show

HBK and GOD vs McMahons

The room will darken for a little while, big pyro explosion, and Vince is flat out on his back

No.

Dustbin lid

Super-Ste-Cious
27-04-2006, 09:45 PM
1) John Cena (c) vs Edge vs HHH - WWE Title Triple Threat Match - EDGE

2) Shawn Michaels and GOD vs Vince and Shane McMahon - HBK & GOD

3) Shelton Benjamin vs Rob Van Dam - Intercontinental Championship vs MITB - Winner Takes All - RVD (Bank On It)

4) Kane vs Big Show - KANE

5) Mickie James (c) vs Trish Stratus - Women's Championship - TRISH STRATUS

6) Carlito vs Chris Masters - CARLITO (Cool!!!)

7) Ric Flair vs Umaga - UMAGA

TIEBREAKERS:

1) Which match will go on first? CARLITO vs MASTERS

2) Which match will go on fifth? HBK & GOD vs MCMAHON'S

3) How will GOD involve himself in the match? Bonus point for the most creative entry. - LIGHTS GO OUT. PYRO BOLTS AROUND THE RING. PROTECTING SHAWN

4) With the ECW PPV being announced recently, will any ECW superstar involve themselves in proceedings? UNLIKELY

5) Pick a weapon, other than a chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening. SINGAPORE CANE/KENDO STICK (SLEGEHAMMER IS A DEF BUT LOADSA PEOPLE WILL SAY THAT SO GO WITH MY FIRST ANSWER)

nottsunieagle
27-04-2006, 11:52 PM
I forgot to add - lines close at 1 minute to 1 am sunday morning - i'm also away all this weekend until monday evening - i plan on catching a backlash repeat!

Oddjob
28-04-2006, 06:38 AM
1) John Cena (c) vs Edge vs HHH - CENA
2) Shawn Michaels and GOD vs Vince and Shane McMahon - HBK + GOD
3) Shelton Benjamin vs Rob Van Dam - Intercontinental Championship vs MITB - Winner Takes All - RVD
4) Kane vs Big Show - KANE
5) Mickie James (c) vs Trish Stratus - Women's Championship - MJ
6) Carlito vs Chris Masters - CARLITO
7) Ric Flair vs Umaga - UMAGA

And Your Tiebreakers...

1) Which match will go on first? MASTERS V CARLITO
2) Which match will go on fifth? WOMENS
3) How will GOD involve himself in the match? Bonus point for the most creative entry - BRET HART
4) With the ECW PPV being announced recently, will any ECW superstar involve themselves in proceedings? NO
5) Pick a weapon, other than a chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening - SLEDGEHAMMER

PJJY
28-04-2006, 09:49 PM
1) Cena- PinS Edge.
2)HBK-GOD
3)RVD
4)Kane
5)Trish Stratus
6)Carlito
7)Ric Flair

Tiebreakers.. 1)Umaga v Flair
2) RVD V Shelton
3) While Shawn is an a seemingly unescapable prediciment, Fire will rise from the sides of the ring and thunder will strike both the Mcmahon's leaving a ray of light shining diown on HBK as he pins Vince.
4) No
5) Does Announce table count? if not then Ladder.

Diggers digs in?
28-04-2006, 10:54 PM
1) John Cena (c) vs Edge vs HHH - WWE Title Triple Threat Match Edge
2) Shawn Michaels and GOD vs Vince and Shane McMahon HBK (I changed my mind)
3) Shelton Benjamin vs Rob Van Dam - Intercontinental Championship vs MITB - Winner Takes All RVD
4) Kane vs Big Show Kane
5) Mickie James (c) vs Trish Stratus - Women's Championship Mickie
6) Carlito vs Chris Masters Chris F. Masters
7) Ric Flair vs Umaga Flair

And Your Tiebreakers...

1) Which match will go on first? RVD vs Shelton
2) Which match will go on fifth? HBK/GOD vs Other
3) How will GOD involve himself in the match? Bonus point for the most creative entry. The "four horseman" of the apocalypse will appear onstage, followed by Jesus. Jesus will then proceed to the ring, turn water into beer, deliver a stone cold stunner to each McMahon and then vanish into thin air.
4) With the ECW PPV being announced recently, will any ECW superstar involve themselves in proceedings? No
5) Pick a weapon, other than a chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening. (Peter Gabriels's) Sledghammer

JamieBcpfc
29-04-2006, 12:02 PM
John Cena
HBK/God
RVD
4) Kane vs Big Show
Kane
Mickie
Carlito
7) Ric Flair vs Umaga
Flair

And Your Tiebreakers...

1) Which match will go on first?Carlito/Masters
2) Which match will go on fifth?Kane/Show
3) How will GOD involve himself in the match? Bonus point for the most creative entry. Will Hit Shane With a Chair and do a Crotch-Chop
4) With the ECW PPV being announced recently, will any ECW superstar involve themselves in proceedings?No
5) Pick a weapon, other than a chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening. Briefcase

Gazz
29-04-2006, 07:41 PM
1) John Cena (c) vs Edge vs HHH - Edge
2) Shawn Michaels and GOD vs Vince and Shane McMahon - Shawn Michaels
3) Shelton Benjamin vs Rob Van Dam - Intercontinental Championship vs MITB - Winner Takes All - Rob Van Dam
4) Kane vs Big Show - Kane
5) Mickie James (c) vs Trish Stratus - Women's Championship - Trish Stratus
6) Carlito vs Chris Masters - Carlito
7) Ric Flair vs Umaga - Umaga

And Your Tiebreakers...

1) Which match will go on first? Kane vs Big Show
2) Which match will go on fifth? Mickie James vs Trish Stratus
3) How will GOD involve himself in the match? Bonus point for the most creative entry - He will get the pin
4) With the ECW PPV being announced recently, will any ECW superstar involve themselves in proceedings? No
5) Pick a weapon, other than a chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening - Sledgehammer

kolinkins
29-04-2006, 10:39 PM
CENA

HBK and Hogan ;)

RVD

4) Kane vs Big Show
KANE

TRISH

MASTERS

7) Ric Flair vs Umaga
UMAGA

And Your Tiebreakers...

Flair

Womens

Hogan will be HBK's partner

No

MITB case

Benzhiyi
30-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Some really tough ones to call in there. Anyway, I'm going with...

1) John Cena (c) vs Edge vs HHH
Triple H
Shawn Michaels
3) Shelton Benjamin vs Rob Van Dam
RVD
4) Kane vs Big Show
Kane
5) Mickie James (c) vs Trish Stratus
Mickie James
Carlito
7) Ric Flair vs Umaga
Umaga

Tiebreakers:
Carlito vs Masters
Mickie vs Trish
The arena going dark and Vince or Shane lying out cold in the ring afterwards. Sussex, is your answer to this question going to be "Dougie Freedman turns up and lays the McMahons out with two wayward stepovers"? ;)
Nope
5) Pick a weapon, other than a chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening
Money In The Bank briefcase

pauldrulez
30-04-2006, 06:42 PM
4) Kane vs Big Show
7) Ric Flair vs UUUUUMMMMMMMMAAAAGGGGAAAAAAAAAA

1)Which match will go on first? Carlito vs Masters
2) Which match will go on fifth? Shelton vs RVD
3) How will GOD involve himself in the match? Bonus point for the most creative entry. That freaky bloke, Mordecai? is HBK's partner LOL
4) With the ECW PPV being announced recently, will any ECW superstar involve themselves in proceedings? None, but if a superstar has to be given, then Sabu
5) Pick a weapon, other than a chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening. Sledgehammer

BLUE BOY
30-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Oh boy. pissed picks, but here we go!

1, Cena
2, Shawn Micheals
3, RVD
4, Kane
5, Trish
6, Masters
7. Flair

Tie Breakers

1, Flair V Umaga
2, Mickie V Trish
3, Feck no's!
4, Sabu and Sand man
5, Title belt

What?
30-04-2006, 07:57 PM

HHH

HBK and God

Robert Van Dam

4) Kane vs Big Show

Kane

Mickie (Shes so fine)

Masters

7) Ric Flair vs Umaga

Umaga

And Your Tiebreakers...

RvD Vs Shelts

HBK and God

FOLEY (is God) willl interfere with some hardcore thingything

Sabu

Ladder

Johnson
30-04-2006, 10:25 PM
1) John Cena
2) Shawn Michaels and GOD
3) Rob Van Dam
4) Kane
5) Mickie James
6) Carlito
7) Umaga

And Your Tiebreakers...

1) Ric Flair vs Umaga
2) Mickie James (c) vs Trish Stratus - Women's Championship
3) I am not creative enough, to think of an intersting answer. :rolleyes:
4) No
5) M I T B briefcase

eddieskyclad
30-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Not confident about this at all... is it on SS1 tonight or Box Office? If it's SS1 I may actually watch it.

1) John Cena (c) vs Edge vs HHH - Cena
2) Shawn Michaels and GOD vs Vince and Shane McMahon - The McMahons
3) Shelton Benjamin vs Rob Van Dam - RVD
4) Kane vs Big Show - Kane
5) Mickie James (c) vs Trish Stratus - Trish
6) Carlito vs Chris Masters - Carlito
7) Ric Flair vs Umaga - Umaga

Tiebreakers
1) Which match will go on first? - Flair vs Umaga
2) Which match will go on fifth? - Carlito vs Masters
3) How will GOD involve himself in the match? Bonus point for the most creative entry - He'll strike Vince down. Probably lightning based.
4) With the ECW PPV being announced recently, will any ECW superstar involve themselves in proceedings? - No
5) Pick a weapon, other than a chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening - Title Belt

E15Eagle
30-04-2006, 10:46 PM
1.cena
2.micheals and god
3.im going with shelton, seeing that everyone has picked rvd!
4.kane
5.mickie james (shes fit!!!, way better than trish, imo)
6. carlito, hopefully
7.umaga, caught a bit off him the other day, nice to see new groundbreaking characters appear in the wwe.......

1 ric flair v umaga, cuz the match looks shite.
2 rvd v shelton
3 probably "pulls" one of the mcmahons off hbk, then pins said mcmahon in a very dodgy looking wwe moment.
4 yep, as rvds fighting, and he was a ecw superstar.
5 belt, because i dont want to say sledgehammer!

And theres my quick picks, havent watched any wwe properly for ages, so I might watch this. And then probably wish I hadnt by 3.30 in the morning unless a match really stands out.

GJN
30-04-2006, 10:53 PM
A lot of consensus there about the results. I have second thoughts about Kane v Big Show, I think Show might win via disqualification, but too late to chnage now :D Other than that I think everything else should go to plan as stated above :)

Gazz
01-05-2006, 02:47 AM
FFFFFSSSSS cant believe cena did it again !!!! surely his time was up but nooo they had to big his character up :(:(:(

eddieskyclad
01-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Wahoo I won the event :p

Sussex Eagle
01-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Dammit! Argh, now lube boy's gonna catch me up isn't he? Haven't read the results yet so I'll just quickly post what I 'would' have picked for shits & giggles before I check. You see, this enables me to bitch and complain if I end up coming second or last by a couple of points at the end of the year.

1) Cena
2) HBK & JBL (boom.....boom)
3) Rob Van Dam
4) Kane
5) Mickie James
6) Chris Masters
7) Umaga

Sussex Eagle
01-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Sussex, is your answer to this question going to be "Dougie Freedman turns up and lays the McMahons out with two wayward stepovers"?
Since I haven't seen it, you can't prove to me that this isn't exactly what happened. Unfortunately, as ever he probably got sent out for the run-in too late to make a difference, and the Macs won anyway :rolleyes: GIVE HIM HALF AN HOUR FOR FECKS SAKE! STEPHANIE OUT!

Sussex Eagle
01-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Tsk, only 3 right I see. Though I was tempted to say Trish would win by a DQ or summat. Did Mickie finally go properly nuts then?

Benzhiyi
01-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Tsk, only 3 right I see. Though I was tempted to say Trish would win by a DQ or summat. Did Mickie finally go properly nuts then?

Nah - Trish got legitimately injured early on (dislocated her shoulder as she fell from the top rope to the floor) so they had to come up with a quick finish. (The injury was obvious, too - her arm was almost hanging off!) Mickie was disqualified for refusing to break a choke before the referee's five count.

Sussex Eagle
02-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Ouch...my poor Trish, wonder if she needs a massage from a hairy backpacker? Those girls can't get a break can they, obviously capable of having a kick arse match with one another but it always goes a bit wrong.

nottsunieagle
19-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Well guys, firstly apologies for the delay to this - i'm slap bang in the middle of my exams for my Masters, so this wasn't really a priority of mine.

What did everyone think of the PPV? It was a bit unfortunate that Trish dislocated her shoulder, so they had to hash together a finish, Umaga has been built to suck but three of the matches were very good. Anyway enough talk...

YOUR RESULTS!!!

1) - Cena
2) - The McMahons
3) - RVD
4) - No Contest (That's how the E have called it, folks)
5) - Trish
6) - Carlito
7) - Umaga

AND YOUR TIEBREAKERS!!!

1) - Carlito vs Masters
2) - Kane vs Big Show
3) - He didn't sadly - but Diggers Digs In put the best entry so he gets the point.
4) - None at all
5) - Mickie's skirt/sash, MITB case, table, Sledgehammer

YOUR TABLE!!!

eddieskyclad - 6.1
Oddjob - 4.3
GJN/CPFC_619/Super-Ste-Cious/Gazz/Kolinkins/Johnson - 4.2
nottsunieagle/PJJY - 4.1
BLUE BOY - 4.0
JamieBcpfc - 3.4
Benzhiyi/pauldrulez - 3.3
we_8_brighton - 3.2
Chas - 3.1
E15Eagle - 3.0
Diggers Digs In - 2.2
What? - 2.0

Big congrats to eddieskyclad there - most people were ruined by the Kane and Trish results - i've no doubt that had Trish not been injured Mickie would have been put over clean.

YOUR LEADERBOARD!!!

1)CPFC_619 25.7
2)eddieskyclad 24.7
3)Johnson 24.2
4)nottsunieagle 23
5)BLUE BOY 21.7
6)Benzhiyi 20.7
7=)Diggers Digs In 20.6
7=)Sussex Eagle 20.6
9)Kolinkins 18.8
10)Oddjob 18.7
11)JamieBcpfc 18.6
12)What? 16.5
13)Grim Reaper 15.4
14)SmithEagle 14.5
15)Gazz 14
16)Eric's Headband 12.4
17)pauldrulez 10.9
18)E15Eagle 10.7
19)Daddy Long 10.5
20)NO1FAN 8.3
21)Dirty Northerner 5.2
22)gold76 4.4
23=)Gav the Hamster 4.2
23=)GJN 4.2
23=)PJJY 4.2
23=)Super-Ste-Cious 4.2
27)Sprout Eagle 4.0
28)we_8_brighton 3.2
29)Chas 3.1
30)t_appletart 3.0

There you go guys - still CPFC_619 at the summit but eddieskyclad has just stormed forward. Will Judgement Day see a change at the top? Will Sussex pull his finger out having missed the last one? Only time will tell.

Until tomorrow, kids...

Diggers digs in?
20-05-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm shocked to be on a par and competing with the top guys. If only I hadn't changed my mind and said HBK would lose :bash: