PDA

View Full Version : Julian Gray


Andrews69
30-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Ok, not directly Palace related, but good for him, he's being linked with Real Betis, that's not too bad!

Source: Sky Sports News.com

Real Betis could be set to make a surprise move for Birmingham City winger Julian Gray.

Reports emanating from Spain suggest Betis have targeted Gray as a possible signing for the summer.

Betis are in the market for a new left-sided winger and Gray is believed to be among their list of options.

Gray's future at Birmingham looks uncertain following their relegation from the Premiership last term.

Birmingham know they face a fight to keep hold of their best players and Gray would jump at the chance to move to Spain if Betis firm up their interest.

The Spanish side are also keeping tabs on Lanus star Sebastian Leto as an alternative to Gray.

Meanwhile, Betis have signed Barcelona defender Oscar Lopez.

Lopez spent last season on loan at Betis and the club have moved to sign him permanently on a four-year deal.

Barcelona are willing to let Lopez leave as he is well down the pecking order at Camp Nou.

Gooders
30-06-2006, 11:06 AM
This presumably came from the Spanish equivalent of Teamtalk?

GibEagle
30-06-2006, 11:09 AM
I really hope it all goes well for him, and i also hope he moves to Real Betis!!!! I live only 1 hour away from Betis Stadium and go there to watch them play against the top La Liga teams e.g. Barcelona, Real Madrid etc..... For the times that i have seen Gray play for us, he will be able to compete against the like of roberto carlos etc.... coz he is Top Class!!!

SexualChocolate
30-06-2006, 11:13 AM
He's a traitorous c*nt. I wish him nothing but ill-fortune!!!!

Sick Bucket
30-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by GibEagle
I really hope it all goes well for him, and i also hope he moves to Real Betis!!!! I live only 1 hour away from Betis Stadium and go there to watch them play against the top La Liga teams e.g. Barcelona, Real Madrid etc..... For the times that i have seen Gray play for us, he will be able to compete against the like of roberto carlos etc.... coz he is Top Class!!!

Do you? another Palace fan in Spain, theres a fair few of us kicking around then. Wait a minute Gibraltar isn't that close to Sevilla is it?

Andrews69
30-06-2006, 11:17 AM
No, he played well and without him we wouldn't have got to the Play-offs, that's just vicious and vindictive.

Julian Gray is a top player, people questioned his commitment, but in this day and age every footballers commitment can be questioned.

He did exactly what Morrison did apart from people weren't as keen on him as they were on Clinton.

Dave
30-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Gooders
This presumably came from the Spanish equivalent of Teamtalk? TeamTalk bears no relation to the website of 2000. It is a reliable source now.

SexualChocolate
30-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Andrews69
No, he played well and without him we wouldn't have got to the Play-offs, that's just vicious and vindictive.

Julian Gray is a top player, people questioned his commitment, but in this day and age every footballers commitment can be questioned.

He did exactly what Morrison did apart from people weren't as keen on him as they were on Clinton.

And i hated Clinton for it too. But now he's back.............:o

Selhurst Celtic
30-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Andrews69

He did exactly what Morrison did apart from people weren't as keen on him as they were on Clinton.

No, it was because Gray is black and O'Morrison is Irish. :clown: ;)

Seriously though if there's substance to this he'd be a fool to turn down a move to Spain if nothing but for the experience.
(The pots of cash will help as well no doubt)

Mr Clean
30-06-2006, 11:24 AM
I know its all about opinions, but it amazes me that anyone could rate Gray. I thought he was one of the worst players I have ever seen at Palace.

pedro
30-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SexualChocolate
He's a traitorous c*nt. I wish him nothing but ill-fortune!!!!
:p

Dave
30-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Mr Clean
I know its all about opinions, but it amazes me that anyone could rate Gray. I thought he was one of the worst players I have ever seen at Palace. Those two goals against the scousers demonstrated what a shit player he is

kolinkins
30-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Dave
Those two goals against the scousers demonstrated what a shit player he is

As did the fact that he got us promoted.

SexualChocolate
30-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
As did the fact that he got us promoted.

He f*cked off and joined Flatface!! He's a dirty stinking rat, or as i like to say these days......a cockshandy!!!

BringbackShipps
30-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Imagine Joaquin's face when he finds out that the person running the opposite wing will be Julian Gray:D

SexualChocolate
30-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by BringbackShipps
Imagine Joaquin's face when he finds out that the person running the opposite wing will be Julian Gray:D

I'm sure Michel Salgado & Oleguer are quaking in their boots......:o

smileysmith
30-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Oh great. The Julian Gray debate.

Zeeks
30-06-2006, 11:54 AM
The majority of Birmingham fans would gladly chip in to pay his air fare to Spain.:p

Kirby
30-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Are they replacing Denilson with Julian Gray??

Gooders
30-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Dave
TeamTalk bears no relation to the website of 2000. It is a reliable source now.

Blimey. If they reinvented themselves wouldn't it have been a good idea to have told somebody?

RDSdaEAGLE
30-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
Are they replacing Denilson with Julian Gray??

Doubt it, Denilson left them last season for Bordeaux.

Kirby
30-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Still, that's some progress :moo:

Dave
30-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
Blimey. If they reinvented themselves wouldn't it have been a good idea to have told somebody? They did

917L
30-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Those two goals against the scousers demonstrated what a shit player he is

One was an OG Dave;)

However despite the pedantry I agree with the sentiment. To suggest JG was anything other than a good player and a major contributor to our promotion is idiocy.

SexualChocolate
30-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 917L
One was an OG Dave;)

However despite the pedantry I agree with the sentiment. To suggest JG was anything other than a good player and a major contributor to our promotion is idiocy.

There's no debating that. But the fact still remains, he's a c*nt!

kolinkins
30-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by SexualChocolate
There's no debating that. But the fact still remains, he's a c*nt!

Know him do you?

SexualChocolate
30-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Know him do you?

Yes. My uncles, cousins, wifes, auntie's next door neighbour once sold him a cat......do you?

GibEagle
30-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Sick Bucket
Do you? another Palace fan in Spain, theres a fair few of us kicking around then. Wait a minute Gibraltar isn't that close to Sevilla is it?

Gibraltar Is One Hour And A Half away from Seville!!!! My mate has a season ticket at Betis, we go up quite alot!!!