PDA

View Full Version : Bledisloe Cup

ozeagle
06-07-2006, 11:43 AM
not that i know the faintest about the sport, but...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/unusual-tales/all-blacks-cop-a-bagging/2006/07/06/1152158274919.html

:lux:

Sluggo
06-07-2006, 11:54 AM
I didn't realise that New Zealanders were quite so sensitive! :clown:

I don't remember the Argentinians getting upset when the digitally enhanced photo of their defensive wall went whizzing around the internet, and I think was shown on telly! :p

Gladys Allover
06-07-2006, 12:06 PM
What a trophy to play for!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/07/17/umaga-bledisloe_narrowweb__200x290.jpg[/IMG]

One Step Down
07-07-2006, 11:58 PM
I've got a funny feeling that once again, the ABs have peaked between World Cups and that while the Wallabies resugence starts tomorrow, the tri-nations may prove a testing time for Graham Henry.

Oisin
08-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Well it was a walkover

bonzobuck
09-07-2006, 03:17 AM
It was easy for the AB's, and they still looked rusty. I do not believe they have peeked, or are anywhere between peaking, just cause they win a game, and win well, why does that mean they have peaked. Are you saying cause the Wallabies are crap and get beat, they are building for the next world cup, and will peak then. I suppose i can see where you are coming from, when you are at the bottom of the heap, there is only one way to go, so i suppose you can but only peak later, utter crap!!!!!!!!

Oisin
09-07-2006, 08:54 AM
I don't think the All Blacks have peaked between world cups. I think they have room to improve. Good managment and good players.

ozeagle
10-07-2006, 12:14 AM
until the inevitable choke.

Te Pouakai
10-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Inevitable choke ?

No mate.

At the next world cup, the Wallabies fans' ears will be ringing to the refrain of

"Cryin' Matilda,
Cryin Matilda,
You'll come a cryin' Matilda with me,
'Cos we've played and we've lost
To the All Blacks and got pissed upon,
You'll come a cryin' Matilda with me."

:lux: :lux: :lux:

bonzobuck
10-07-2006, 08:56 AM
If you need to go to the toilet, i here you now go for a Jerry Riddell!!!

ozeagle
10-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Te Pouakai
Inevitable choke ?

No mate.

At the next world cup, the Wallabies fans' ears will be ringing to the refrain of

"Cryin' Matilda,
Cryin Matilda,
You'll come a cryin' Matilda with me,
'Cos we've played and we've lost
To the All Blacks and got pissed upon,
You'll come a cryin' Matilda with me."

:lux: :lux: :lux:

sheer rugby genius there :rolleyes:

i know nothing about the sport, but, i know this, the all blacks shit themselves at the mere sound of the 2 words, World Cup.

i expect a calamitous demise a la 2003.

:hmph:

Oisin
16-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Aussies tonk Yarpies. Only seven more matches in the Tri Nations and its already prettyu clear who will win. I bet they are glad they introduced that extra round.

bonzobuck
17-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Going to the AB's match against the Boks on Saturday. AB's expected to make around 1/2 dozen changes, nothing worse than a wounded bok.

However, the Boks looked crap, more so than any oz power. Bring on the week after when the AB's go to Sydney.

bonzobuck
23-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Match was to be expected. AB's were scratchy in parts due to all the changes. Boks were still average, but defended strongly.

Bring on next week when we should have a full strength AB side out, and lets see how good the Aussies are.

Oisin
27-07-2006, 09:32 PM
NZ by a score in Brisbane

Oisin
27-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Score as in 20

ozieaglesimon
29-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Oisin
NZ by a score in Brisbane

Put a pint on it?
Go you wallabies!! :lux:

ps: hate to say it, but you were right about the super 14 :rolleyes:
Bloody hopeless most of it..................

NZsparky
29-07-2006, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by ozieaglesimon

ps: hate to say it, but you were right about the super 14 :rolleyes:
Bloody hopeless most of it..................
I was at the final dude could not see the pitch for the fog:(

NZ to win by 20 might be an ask tonight, but I am confident we will win

bonzobuck
29-07-2006, 01:06 PM
A well fought match, our defence was resolute. Our line outs were crap, and i must say the Aussies prduced more in their back line than the AB's, and i was worried for a while in the second half.

A win is a win, and i will take that, along with the CUP!!!!!!!!!

Te Pouakai
29-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Game over. Awesome All Blacks defence, especially Ritchie McCaw. Wallabies failed to take advantage of the possession they had and territory gained, despite winning the line out battle by a long way. The AB's will have to work on that. But a win is a win and the Bledisloe Cup has been retained by NZ with a game to spare. Tri-Nations title next. Just warming up nicely for 2007 WC.

Crying Matilda, Crying Matilda,
You'll come a crying Matilda with me,
'Cos you've played and you've lost
To the All Blacks in your own back yard
You'll come a crying Matilda with me..........

NZsparky
30-07-2006, 01:27 AM
So are you Northern Tasmanians sulking again then or what:sob:

:lux: :D

ozeagle
30-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Te Pouakai
Just warming up nicely for the inevitable 2007 WC choke.

Te Pouakai
30-07-2006, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by ozeagle

If you must quote me, at least do so accurately.

"Just warming up nicely for the 2007 WC."

The only ones "choking" are Aussies who simply cannot stand being beaten and therfore take defeat with bad grace !!!

Even playing the 2007 WC in France, the All Blacks will go further than the Wallabies. You wait and see.

As for when New Zealand hosts the tournament in 2011, it will probably be a case of the AB's RETAINING the World Cup.

:lux: :lux:

ozeagle
30-07-2006, 11:06 AM
and the last time the All Blacks didn't choke at the WC was?

i know nothing of the sport, suffice to say, it was great to watch the Kiwi's wilt under the extreme pressure in 2003,

jokers will do the same next year. bring it on.

bonzobuck
19-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Well,
Another year of silver ware for the AB's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there is still room for the AB's to improve around the mid-field/centre, but in the second half the Aussies did not get a look in.

Enough said, and i know it only matters who's name is on the World Cup next year, but all bodes well.

Steve in Phoenix
19-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Was reading this and fairly puzzled by the earlier comments about it being a walkover! Then I realised the comments were about earlier games.. Australia have improved considerably and faster than I thought they would.

The Pacific Isles are good, but assuming the WC is theirs by default is asking for it.

NZsparky
19-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I was really pissed off by the way the Aussies targeted Ritchie McCaw last night, apart from elbows and constant attempts at punching him in the face it looked to me they were deliberatley trying to cause a spinal injury.
Put a real downer on a tough win.

NZsparky
19-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by NZsparky
So are you Northern Tasmanians sulking again then or what:sob:

:lux: :D

Te Pouakai
19-08-2006, 09:03 PM
3-0 whitewash in the Bledisloe Cup. Winning the Tri-Nations with games to spare. Just ticking along nicely, preserving momentum towards lifting the 2007 World Cup. Like I've said before ...

Crying Matilda, Crying Matilda,
You'll come a crying Matilda with me,
'Cos you've played and you've lost
To the All Blacks and you've no cups
You'll come a crying Matilda with me..........

bonzobuck
27-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Now lets see how well the ozzies do against the Springboks.

We rest half the team, start off slow and then hit our stride, and play a good game of counter attacking.

bonzobuck
03-09-2006, 08:59 AM
I know it wasn't Bledisloe but to save starting another thread about Tri Nations.

The AB's run has come to an end, i was well pissed off with Henry's coments about the South Africans wanted it more, the AB's already had the Bledisloe and the Tri Nations, total crap. The AB's had the chance to set a new record in Test rugby for going undefeated. The AB's just gave away stupid penalties, Soialo being the culprit many a time, and he is becoming a liability. We still require a true Centre, and to start sticking to line ups, stop trying players out of position.

Lets take nothing away from the Springboks, they played well, especially in the front row, Big Os Durant was superb.

The AB's now have the winter tour to look forward too, then roll on the World Cup.

Te Pouakai
05-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by bonzobuck
I know it wasn't Bledisloe but to save starting another thread about Tri Nations.

The AB's run has come to an end, i was well pissed off with Henry's coments about the South Africans wanted it more, the AB's already had the Bledisloe and the Tri Nations, total crap. The AB's had the chance to set a new record in Test rugby for going undefeated. The AB's just gave away stupid penalties, Soialo being the culprit many a time, and he is becoming a liability. We still require a true Centre, and to start sticking to line ups, stop trying players out of position.

Lets take nothing away from the Springboks, they played well, especially in the front row, Big Os Durant was superb.

The AB's now have the winter tour to look forward too, then roll on the World Cup.

Totally agree. In some respects though, this unexpected defeat has served as a good wake-up call at a time when it didn't matter in terms of the Tri-Nations already having been won. The AB's should never have lost that game and indeed had enough chances to do so. It was pure indiscipline on the part of a couple of players in particular which let the Springboks back in, taking those penalty chances which resulted and ultimately the win.

You could see how gutted Richie McCaw was in his post-match interview. He was probably more gutted than the rest of the team put together and mords will have been exchanged, mark my words.

With world cup success the ultimate target with Graham Henry now emulating the same singular resolve as Clive Woodward did in the build up to 2003, squad rotation will gradually ease back I think, simply being used to give players some AB game time whilst ensuring key players like Dan Carter don't "burn out" too soon beforehand. Still on course, on schedule to take the all important gold "silverware" in 2007. The Wallabies may have improved, but they are still a long way off from surpassing the AB's when the big matches come along. I'd be more concerned about the French playing a WC on home soil, not the Wallabies or Springboks for that matter.

Oisin
06-09-2006, 11:42 AM
I had to laugh at henry's complaints about his players beuing targeted and spear tackled. Short memory.