PDA

View Full Version : The clowns' joke support

may blunderer
17-07-2006, 11:30 PM
This is from:
http://charlton.blogspot.com/2006_07_01_charlton_archive.html#11528074548485347 7

According to the club's e-mail bulletin, our away game season ticket is being withdrawn due to a lack of demand.

"Only 32 supporters took advantage of the scheme last season and with the
number of changes to fixture dates that occur in the Premier League there is
a lot of administration involved," Sir Reg Varney said.

What cr@p support for a Premiership club.

Any clowns want to reply to this?

Scifo
17-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Do you ever feel like you're going in a circle on the BBS?

Seagullette
18-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by may blunderer

What cr@p support for a Premiership club.

No but as a Seagull may I just point out that at least they are a Premiership club?
:D

hoopsmccan
18-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Seagullette
No but as a Seagull may I just point out that at least they are a Premiership club?

Enjoy Yeovil :D

AJ'sLoveMonkey
18-07-2006, 08:07 AM

Yes something you will NEVER be :hi:

celery stick
18-07-2006, 08:11 AM

As an Eagle may I just point out that at least we are a Championship club?

Nelson Muntz
18-07-2006, 08:12 AM
:D For the time being.

Addick1
18-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by may blunderer
This is from:
http://charlton.blogspot.com/2006_07_01_charlton_archive.html#11528074548485347 7

Really don't see your point. When we first went back up we had around 500 away season ticket holders.

Over the years this has dwindled down to nothing. They are incredibly poor value, more expensive than if you bought tickets for every match as clubs change their categories as the season progresses. Plus a lot of people who would go Bolton away on a Saturday, wouldn't wish or be able to go there on a Monday night live on Sky, for example.

The away season tickets are a good idea at clubs like Man U that sell out everywhere every season. For the rest of us, it is a waste of time and money.

redandbluebarmy
18-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Addick1

The away season tickets are a good idea at clubs like Man U that sell out everywhere every season. For us, it is a waste of time and money.

I agree!

Seagullette
18-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by hoopsmccan
Enjoy Yeovil :D

I wiil. I've already marked it on my calendar as a must do. :p

Young Trolley
18-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Really don't see your point. When we first went back up we had around 500 away season ticket holders.

Over the years this has dwindled down to nothing. They are incredibly poor value, more expensive than if you bought tickets for every match as clubs change their categories as the season progresses. Plus a lot of people who would go Bolton away on a Saturday, wouldn't wish or be able to go there on a Monday night live on Sky, for example.

The away season tickets are a good idea at clubs like Man U that sell out everywhere every season. For the rest of us, it is a waste of time and money.

When we were in the Prem 2 years ago most sides sold out their allocation at Selhurst, except charlton that is!

Face it most "fans" that frequent the Valley aren't charlton fans but members of the general public out to see Premiership football and the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool! :clown:

Your support is one of the biggest jokes in the league

Young Trolley
18-07-2006, 07:41 PM

celery stick
18-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I wiil. :p

Practising the accent?

Seagullette
18-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by celery stick
Practising the accent?

ooohhh arrr :D

GreatGonzo
18-07-2006, 10:01 PM

No away season tickets are a good idea for any club who is likely to sell out quite a few games, which is quite a few, including us 2 seasons ago.

However when you are known to be among the worst 2 sets of travelling fans i guess there really is no point.

I still cannot understand why Fulham and Charlton fans haven't quite worked out the correlation between the worst travelling fans and the marketing campaigns for their ST's advertising the OPPOSITION!

simplex
18-07-2006, 10:22 PM
They are incredibly poor value, more expensive than if you bought tickets for every match as clubs change their categories as the season progresses.

Oh Fu*k the Clowns... err ok cat D .. a fiver on the door

AlanD
22-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Bothered? ...