PDA

View Full Version : BBS WWE PPV Predictions Thread - The Great American Bash

nottsunieagle
19-07-2006, 10:12 PM
How soon time comes around eh peeps! Vengeance saw me flat broke as a student still up in Nottingham, the GAB sees me flat broke, with a dissertation still to do, but i'm back home and working! What? The Wrestling? Oh, never mind...

Poor Smackdown. No Benoit, Burchill, Henry, JBL, Batista and Kennedy until recently. They're having to 'push' a champ with a crocked knee and a green newcomer in Lashley - essentially relying on Booker T and Finlay to carry things. And they've done ok, up to a point. But showcasing the main event in 3 different forms (spoiler alert - friday is horrendous booking two days before a PPV) shows how badly SD needs people on its side. So what do the E do? They keep Taker off the booking schedule and move Randy Orton over to RAW. I'm no fan of young Randall, but as a main-event heel he should have been kept on SD - they needed him badly. Why they didn't put anyone of Test, Big Show, Fertig, Shannon Moore or CM Punk on SD is beyond me - none of them are really needed on ECW. I feel really sorry for Henry - getting such a bad injury in the middle of a monster push that his physique deserves. Still, c'est la vie. At least we've got Khali:rolleyes:

Having said that, Booker, finally getting a big push - and his PPV match with Rey should be awesome, as well as the Tag match. But we'll see. At the moment only 5 matches are announced - expect that figure to go up once I find out more spoilers, and i'll put them up as soon as I can.

You know the rules by now - pick your winner from the matches, and your tiebreakers. You've got til 1am Sunday morning to choose your results - when matches are added just edit your choices. I'm gonna spoil away with this thread, so apologies in advance.

Your Matches

1)Rey Mysterio (c) v King Booker - World Heavyweight Championship
2)Batista v Ken Kennedy - Batista's open challenge
3)Great Khali v Undertaker - Punjab Prison match
4)Finlay v William Regal - US Championship
5)The Pitbulls v London/Kendrick - WWE Tag Team Championship
6)Ashley v Kristal v Jillian v Michelle McCool - 4-way Bra and Panties match

Your tiebreakers

1) How many matches will have outside interference?
2) From bell to bell, how long will the Batista match last?
3) Pick a weapon, other than steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening.
4) Pick a SD superstar not announced in a match who will appear at any point in the evenings proceedings. Does not include people who accompany ie Daivari.
5) Which match will go on second?

Your Leaderboard!

1)Johnson 38.8
2)nottsunieagle 36.6
3)CPFC_619 35.3
4)eddieskyclad 34.9
5)Sussex Eagle 33.9
6)JamieBcpfc 33
7=)Kolinkins 31.2
7=)Benzhiyi 31.2
9)Diggers Digs In? 30.2
10)BLUE BOY 29.9
11)Gazz 25.5
12)Oddjob 20.8
13)cpfc4ever 19
14)SmithEagle 18.5
15)What? 16.5
16)Grim Reaper 15.4
17)pauldrulez 15
18)GJN 14.6
19)we_8_brighton 12.5
20)Eric's Headband 12.4
21)E15Eagle 10.7
22)Daddy long 10.5
23)Super-Ste-Cious 9.4
24)NO1FAN 8.3
25)Panga 6.1
26)Dirty Northerner 5.2
27)gold76 4.4
28=)PJJY 4.2
27=)Gav the Hamster 4.2
30=)Sprout Eagle 4.0
30=)Funk Butter 4.0
30=)DaveCPFC4Life 4.0
33)Sluggo 3.3
34)Chas 3.1
35)t_appletart 3.0

We're at the halfway stage of proceedings, so anything can happen with a change in positions. Eddie missed out last time, allowing Johnson to take a two point lead ahead of myself and CPFC_619. But get picking guys, and the best of luck to you all.

I've added the 6th match and removed Lashley. SD really is cursed:(

GJN
19-07-2006, 10:52 PM
(1) King Booker will at last become WHC
(2) Batista
(3) Taker
(4) Finlay
(5) The Pittballs
(6) Jillian

(1) 2
(2) 9 minutes
(3) Shalelee
(4) Chavo
(5) Pittbulls vs London/Kendrick

Sussex Eagle
20-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Quite the rant at the top! Generally fair, but you can't seriously think Punk would be better off being repackaged as a hell's angel or a heroin junkie over on Smackdown? And Big Show would have just continued being a boring slug over in the land of lazy booking, the man always needs motivation. The vampire dude and Jeff Hardy's even-faggier buddy probably would fit in better with the leprechaun, the tranny and 8-foot retard though :)

CPFC_619
20-07-2006, 06:16 AM
REY

BATISTA

TAKER

FINLAY

LONDON/KENDRIK

ASHLEY

Your tiebreakers

6mins

3) Pick a weapon, other than steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening.
LADDER?

4) Pick a SD superstar not announced in a match who will appear at any point in the evenings proceedings. Does not include people who accompany ie Daivari.
CHAVO

BATISTA/KENNEDY

JamieBcpfc
20-07-2006, 02:40 PM
apparently Pscosis won a Number 1 Contenders Match for the Cruiserweight Title against Super Crazy on Smackdown as well. So it would be Psicosis vs. Gregory Helms

Sussex Eagle
20-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by JamieBcpfc
apparently Pscosis won a Number 1 Contenders Match for the Cruiserweight Title against Super Crazy on Smackdown as well. So it would be Psicosis vs. Gregory Helms
No idea if that's true, but it seems bizarre if it is, considering Psicosis is a heel.

nottsunieagle
20-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Quite the rant at the top! Generally fair, but you can't seriously think Punk would be better off being repackaged as a hell's angel or a heroin junkie over on Smackdown? And Big Show would have just continued being a boring slug over in the land of lazy booking, the man always needs motivation. The vampire dude and Jeff Hardy's even-faggier buddy probably would fit in better with the leprechaun, the tranny and 8-foot retard though :)

No, but if they were gonna move CM Punk up they could've done it on SD, what with the B-show its treated as. Show i can see where your coming from, but he has main-event credibility, and that's something that SD severely lacks.

Sussex Eagle
20-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Every new guy has to have a cartoon gimmick on RAW & Smackdown. ECW may not be much different in the wider picture but it is the only show on which he could have kept the personality that made him so popular in the first place. Would never, ever, have been pushed as a top guy on the family-friendly SmackDown as he's too edgy or on RAW as it's the a-show.

eddieskyclad
21-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Meltzer's reporting that a new match has been added to Sunday's Great American Bash: a bra & panties tag team match with Jillian Hall & Ashley vs. Michelle McCool & Kristal Marshall

JamieBcpfc
21-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I have heard conflicting reports....

However From WrestlingObserver.com....

1) A bra & panties four-way match with Jillian Hall, Ashley, Michelle McCool & Kristal Marshall

2) Gregory Helms defends the cruiserweight title. No opponent has been decided.

Diggers digs in?
21-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm really pushed for time so I'm just gonna say Home (H) or away (A)

1)Rey Mysterio (c) v King Booker - World Heavyweight Championship H
2)Batista v Ken Kennedy - Batista's open challenge H
3)Great Khali v Undertaker - Punjab Prison match A
4)Finlay v Lashley v William Regal - Triple Threat - US Championship Finlay
5)The Pitbulls v London/Kendrick - WWE Tag Team Championship A

Your tiebreakers

1) How many matches will have outside interference?2
2) From bell to bell, how long will the Batista match last? 4.34
3) Pick a weapon, other than steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening. Shilleleagh
4) Pick a SD superstar not announced in a match who will appear at any point in the evenings proceedings. Does not include people who accompany ie Daivari. Colin...Wernstein
5) Which match will go on second? Triple Threat US title

nottsunieagle
22-07-2006, 12:26 PM
New match and edit have been posted - those who've picked Lashley, you've got time to amend your picks!

Super-Ste-Cious
22-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by nottsunieagle

1)Rey Mysterio (c) v King Booker - World Heavyweight Championship - Booker T
2)Batista v Ken Kennedy - Batista's open challenge - Batista
3)Great Khali v Undertaker - Punjab Prison match - Undertaker
4)Finlay v William Regal - US Championship - Finlay
5)The Pitbulls v London/Kendrick - WWE Tag Team Championship - London/Kendrick
6)Ashley v Kristal v Jillian v Michelle McCool - 4-way Bra and Panties match Ashley

Your tiebreakers

1) How many matches will have outside interference? 2
2) From bell to bell, how long will the Batista match last? 5mins
3) Pick a weapon, other than steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening. - Shileleegh
4) Pick a SD superstar not announced in a match who will appear at any point in the evenings proceedings. Does not include people who accompany ie Daivari. - Little Leprechaan
5) Which match will go on second? WWE Tag Team Championship
[/B]

Super-Ste-Cious
22-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Sorry Nottsunieagle its was pressed for time, so just used quote from the original post. I added my result to it.

David of Kent
22-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Observer is also reporting that Khali is out with a diseased liver. This show is dooooooooooooomed!!

Big Show replaces him against Undertaker

Sussex Eagle
22-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent
Observer is also reporting that Khali is out with a diseased liver. This show is dooooooooooooomed!!

Big Show replaces him against Undertaker
Yep! Anyone know anything more specific about what this liver stuff means, obviously the two of them must have failed the same test, there must be a strong suspicion of substance/supplement abuse for them to both be suspended immediately?

Sussex Eagle
22-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Don't envy you doing the results for this one notts!

1) King Booker
2) Batista
3) Big Show - presumably there'll be no goofy cage involved?
4) Finlay - surely time for them to push their best heel to the top? Will be a a far better match without Bobby, but they'll have to do something special to keep the crowd involved.
5) London & Kendrick, maybe not clean but they'll win & retain
6) Ashley, since none of the others are at all over. Presumably, hopefully, she does the 'babyface takes her own duds off' spot afterwards.

1) Two
2) Mr. Kennedy's in for a squashing......SQUASHIIIIIIIIIING - 9 minutes 10 seconds
3) I think you may see some barbed wire & thumbtacks tomorrow, but my actual pick has to be Shilleileigh
4) Super Crazy
5) Bra & Panties

Panga
22-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Yep! Anyone know anything more specific about what this liver stuff means

according to the wwe doctor, Lashley had elevated liver enzymes. I did a quick google and that could be caused by multiple things.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/elevated-liver-enzymes/HQ01011

eddieskyclad
22-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Many possible reasons for sure although given the nature of the business it's surely far more likely to be caused by steroid use. However that does not necessarily mean it is current usage that caused the problem.

Super-Ste-Cious
22-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Was scrolling through some Wrestling sites during the last hour, one claiming that Jeff Hardy will be Gregory Helms' suprise opponent at the GAB.

BLUE BOY
23-07-2006, 09:19 AM
1, Booker T
2, Batista
3, Undertaker
4, Finlay
5, London & Kendrick
6, Ashley

1, 2
2, 12 mins
3, Shilleileigh
4, Chavo Guerrero Jr.
5, Finlay/Regal

kolinkins
23-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Your Matches

Booker

Batista

Taker

Finlay

L/K

Ashley

Your tiebreakers

17:12

Finlay's stick thing

Chavo

Bra and panties

Gazz
23-07-2006, 02:37 PM
1)Rey Mysterio (c) v King Booker - World Heavyweight Championship - King Booker
3)Great Khali v Undertaker - Punjab Prison match - Undertaker
6)Ashley v Kristal v Jillian v Michelle McCool - 4-way Bra and Panties match - Ashley

Tiebreakers

2) From bell to bell, how long will the Batista match last? 15:23
3) Pick a weapon, other than steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening. shilaleagh or whatever its called
4) Pick a SD superstar not announced in a match who will appear at any point in the evenings proceedings. Does not include people who accompany ie Daivari. Chavo
5) Which match will go on second? Finlay vs Regal

Sussex Eagle
23-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Probably a bit late but Super Crazy, while not officially confirmed, is going to be the one challenging Helms for the CW title, WWE accidentally let it slip on some page on dot com.

we_8_brighton
23-07-2006, 04:20 PM
1)Rey Mysterio (c) v King Booker - World Heavyweight Championship - King Booker
3)Great Khali v Undertaker - Punjab Prison match - Khali -if in the event the match is taker v big show, i think taker will win.
6)Ashley v Kristal v Jillian v Michelle McCool - 4-way Bra and Panties match - Ashley

2) From bell to bell, how long will the Batista match last? 11:43
3) Pick a weapon, other than steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening. shilaleagh
4) Pick a SD superstar not announced in a match who will appear at any point in the evenings proceedings. Does not include people who accompany ie Daivari. Big show (if he doesn't begin the fight) otherwise chavo
5) Which match will go on second? Finlay vs Regal

JamieBcpfc
23-07-2006, 06:46 PM
1)Rey Mysterio (c) v King Booker - World Heavyweight Championship Booker
2)Batista v Ken Kennedy - Batista's open challenge Batista
3)Great Khali v Undertaker - Punjab Prison match Taker(against Big Show)
4)Finlay v William Regal - US Championship Finlay
5)The Pitbulls v London/Kendrick - WWE Tag Team Championship Kendrick and London
6)Ashley v Kristal v Jillian v Michelle McCool - 4-way Bra and Panties match Jillian

2) From bell to bell, how long will the Batista match last? 11.35
3) Pick a weapon, other than steel chair or ring steps, that will be used at any point in the evening. Shalleileigh
4) Pick a SD superstar not announced in a match who will appear at any point in the evenings proceedings. Does not include people who accompany ie Daivari. Super Crazy
5) Which match will go on second? Finlay/Regal

Benzhiyi
23-07-2006, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nottsunieagle
1)Rey Mysterio (c) v King Booker
All hail King Booker, World Heavyweight Champion
2)Batista v Ken Kennedy
Batista
3)Great Khali v Undertaker
Undertaker
4)Finlay v William Regal
Finlay
5)The Pitbulls v London/Kendrick
London/ Kendrick
6)Ashley v Kristal v Jillian v Michelle McCool
Ashley

14:16
Shillelagh
4) Pick a SD superstar not announced in a match who will appear at any point in the evenings proceedings. Does not include people who accompany ie Daivari
Big Show
Bra & Panties match

Panga
23-07-2006, 08:48 PM
1)Rey Mysterio (c) v King Booker
King Booker

2)Batista v Ken Kennedy
Batista

3)Great Khali v Undertaker
Undertaker
if this becomes Big Show vs Undertaker
Big Show

4)Finlay v William Regal
Finlay

5)The Pitbulls v London/Kendrick
London/Kendrick

6)Ashley v Kristal v Jillian v Michelle McCool
Ashley
__
Two
9 minutes
Shellelagh
4) Pick a SD superstar not announced in a match who will appear at any point in the evenings proceedings. Does not include people who accompany ie Daivari
Chavo
Ashley v Kristal v Jillian v Michelle McCool

nottsunieagle
23-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Sussex it's definately too late - if it had been on the website i'd have put it up, but we'll have to go with these six.

Anyway my picks:

1)Rey Rey - still hoping for that Batista/Rey blowoff!
2)Batista
3)Taker
4)Finlay
5)London/Kendrick
6)Ashley

Tiebreakers

1)3
2)12.46
3)Shillelagh - i really shouldn't do this q whenever Finlay's on the card
4)Gregory Helms
5)Tag team match

Sussex Eagle
23-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by nottsunieagle
4)Gregory Helms

He's been officially announced as defending his title on the show for days, surely you can't have a point for that?!!? And Ben, only SmackDown wrestlers are applicable to this question.

Johnson
23-07-2006, 11:21 PM
1) King Booker
2) Batista
3) Undertaker
4) Finlay
5) London/Kendrick
6) Ashley

1) 2
2) 13.13
3) Shilleileigh (sp ?)
4) Super Crazy
5) Ashley v Kristal v Jillian v Michelle McCool

nottsunieagle
25-07-2006, 11:24 AM
He's been officially announced as defending his title on the show for days, surely you can't have a point for that?!!? And Ben, only SmackDown wrestlers are applicable to this question.

Had he? Since a match hadn't come up on the Website, like an open challenge or something, I figured it was valid.

Well i don't mind not having the point for it anyways if people don't like the call, but i figure some interpretations are gonna be controversial...

Super-Ste-Cious
27-07-2006, 07:06 PM
When will the results/table be posted????

Cheers

nottsunieagle
29-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Before Summerslam!

Honestly, when i get a little bit of time to do it. Prob in next week.

Super-Ste-Cious
29-07-2006, 03:58 PM
No rush Notts. Just was lil bored, and wondered. Cheers

nottsunieagle
16-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Ok guys - first of all, major apologies with the delay - what with combining my work with my dissertation i've not had the time for this!

Your Matches

1)Booker
2)Ken Kennedy
3)Did not happen - noone gets a point for q.3
4)Finlay
5)London/Kendrick
6)Ashley

Unscheduled matches: Helms def. Matt Hardy, Undertaker def. Big Show

Your tiebreakers

1)2 matches
2)8.42
3)Regal's boot, Punjabi Prison strap, Table
4)Here's the controversial one. You only get a point fpr saying either Lashley, Chavo or Matt Hardy. The Lil accompanies Finlay, and Helms didn't get me one, since Sussex pointed out that he's been announced for days (Cheers:grrr: ;) )
5) US Title match was 2nd

Your results!

Panga/BLUE BOY/Gazz - 4.3
Sussex Eagle/we_8_brighton/kolinkins - 4.2
Super-Ste-Cious/Benzhiyi/Johnson - 4.1
JamieBcpfc - 3.2
CPFC_619 - 3.1
Nottsunieagle - 3.0
GJN/Diggers digs in? - 2.2

Congrats to the victorious trio:lux:

And your new leaderboard:

1)Johnson 42.9
2)nottsunieagle 39.6
3)CPFC_619 38.4
4)Sussex Eagle 38.1
5)JamieBcpfc 36.2
6)Kolinkins 35.4
7)Benzhiyi 35.3
8)eddieskyclad 34.9
9)BLUE BOY 34.3
10)Diggers Digs In? 32.4
11)Gazz 29.8
12)Oddjob 20.8
13)cpfc4ever 19
14)SmithEagle 18.5
15)GJN 16.8
16)we_8_brighton 16.7
17)What? 16.5
18)Grim Reaper 15.4
19)pauldrulez 15
20)Super-Ste-Cious 13.5
21)Eric's Headband 12.4
22)E15Eagle 10.7
23)Daddy long 10.5
24)Panga 10.4
25)NO1FAN 8.3
26)Dirty Northerner 5.2
27)gold76 4.4
28=)PJJY 4.2
27=)Gav the Hamster 4.2
30=)Sprout Eagle 4.0
30=)Funk Butter 4.0
30=)DaveCPFC4Life 4.0
33)Sluggo 3.3
34)Chas 3.1
35)t_appletart 3.0

Johnson inching ahead but it's looking mighty tight still...

Join us tomorrow (I promise!!!) For a Preview of the Hulkster gammy knees...

Until then...