PDA

View Full Version : The season's nearly here.


dougdeep
31-07-2006, 07:14 PM
http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/6c/20/0,,10433~2957420,00.jpg

These kids look ready.

WorthingEagle
31-07-2006, 07:16 PM
You've got more keepers than strikers.....

Sussex Eagle
31-07-2006, 07:19 PM
This thread is a definitive example of why Away End threads shouldn't show up on the front page. Seeing that by accident was not pleasant.

Nutmeg
31-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Not long before this then

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/ae/ff/0,,10794~524206,00.gif

Micky Spilane
31-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
This thread is a definitive example of why Away End threads shouldn't show up on the front page. Seeing that by accident was not pleasant.

I'm just glad that none of the kids were about when I opened this thread, gave me a shock, think what it might do to impressionable young minds! 18 cert needed or some sort of warning!:veryangry

Shipp Ahoy!
31-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Shit on the front page!

pap
31-07-2006, 07:30 PM
looks asif all the players have got their hand on the guy next to thems thigh...

dougdeep
31-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Please note that Mr McGhee is on the far left so he can be snipped out without damaging the photo.

cpfc4ever
31-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by dougdeep
http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/6c/20/0,,10433~2957420,00.jpg

These kids look ready.

To bend over ;)

AJ8
31-07-2006, 07:43 PM
is that Phil Mitchell behind the keepers?

pallissator
31-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by AJ8
is that Phil Mitchell behind the keepers? Yes it is.Next question.......:D

Sick Bucket
31-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by WorthingEagle
You've got more keepers than strikers.....

and 4 ref's. I like the way they've shot it infront of the main stand and executive box.

Andy08
31-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Look at the porker on the 2nd row and on the 1st row everyone is putting their knee's our wide and there is one shrimpy lad who can't. :D

Sick Bucket
31-07-2006, 08:02 PM
and the sign for the toilet

Sick Bucket
31-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Andy08
Look at the porker on the 2nd row and on the 1st row everyone is putting their knee's our wide and there is one shrimpy lad who can't. :D

:D

He's the gimp.

Barreloffun
31-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Oi! Leave Malcolm Stuart alone. He can run like the wind when a player is down injured.

Plus he knows what he is doing....Hurt him! Hurt him!!

http://thisisthealbion.co.uk/archive/2003-2004/photo_gallery/images/jan10-7.jpg

cdm61
31-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by dougdeep
Please note that Mr McGhee is on the far left so he can be snipped out without damaging the photo.

THE FITNESS COACH IS 2 TO THE RIGHT OF HIM

cdm61
31-07-2006, 08:57 PM
28 players and 10 back room staff...less than 3 to 1....its about time you had a few redundancies:D

SpikeyMatt
31-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Did Mark McGhee set the camera on a timer, run in hastily and try to look "smart" on the end of the middle row?

Phil's Barber
31-07-2006, 09:05 PM
There's a big pile of crutches and wheel chairs just out of shot.

Seagullette
31-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by AJ8
is that Phil Mitchell behind the keepers?

He'd find that hilarious. :D

Yes we do have more keepers than strikers. Two of them have just come straight out of the youth team. Richard Martin was attracting attention from Everton but after a trial they decided he wasn't tall enough. Great young keeper though. Kept Chelsea youth down to one goal and Newcastle down to a clean sheet up to the end of extra time including against Lua Lua's younger brother.

fenchurch
31-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Middle row is the starting squad for the first match. Rest were given a voucher for fish & chips on the sea front and the loan of the kit for the day!

Seagullette
31-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by fenchurch
Middle row is the starting squad for the first match. Rest were given a voucher for fish & chips on the sea front and the loan of the kit for the day!

so amusing

sexyrazor
31-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Who's the first keeper? Mmmmm :love:

SpikeyMatt
31-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Seagullette
He'd find that hilarious. :D

Yes we do have more keepers than strikers. Two of them have just come straight out of the youth team. Richard Martin was attracting attention from Everton but after a trial they decided he wasn't tall enough. Great young keeper though. Kept Chelsea youth down to one goal and Newcastle down to a clean sheet up to the end of extra time including against Lua Lua's younger brother.

I played against one of your other youth academy goalkeepers, John Sullivan (first GK from left), many times when I was younger, scored against him numerous times as well.

He's really not that good if I can score against him;)

Seagullette
01-08-2006, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by sexyrazor
Who's the first keeper? Mmmmm :love:

Wayne Henderson Ireland's no. 2 and still only 22. He played at Selhurst last October whilst on loan from Villa. He wasn't the keeper when you beat us 3-2 (unfortunately, or else I think we could have had a different result) but we bought him in the January window.

John Sullivan played for England under 18's in a 'friendly' against Turkey last November.

celery stick
01-08-2006, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by dougdeep
Please note that Mr McGhee is on the far left so he can be snipped out without damaging the photo.

:D

Helmut Struntz
01-08-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
Shit on the front page!

Of the Croydon Advertiser

LP
01-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Seagullette
Wayne Henderson Ireland's no. 2 and still only 22. He played at Selhurst last October whilst on loan from Villa. He wasn't the keeper when you beat us 3-2 (unfortunately, or else I think we could have had a different result) but we bought him in the January window.

John Sullivan played for England under 18's in a 'friendly' against Turkey last November.

Did we play you at Selhurst last season, I can't remember?:cool:

Seagullette
01-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by LP
Did we play you at Selhurst last season, I can't remember?:cool:

Selective memory?
Let me remind you

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/44/62/0,,10433~2777668,00.jpg

Mong!
01-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Nice stand behind the goal...

celery stick
01-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Seagullette
He wasn't the keeper when you beat us 3-2 (unfortunately, or else I think we could have had a different result).

Pfft.
If only blah blah.
We didn't have AJ for either game.
We would have stuffed you both times if we had blah blah blah.
:) ;)

LP
01-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Seagullette
Selective memory?
Let me remind you

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/44/62/0,,10433~2777668,00.jpg

Some of the anger is seeping back now....arghhh..........Jobi....last minute.....ahh....I feel better now:)

celery stick
01-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Seagullette
Selective memory?
Let me remind you

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/44/62/0,,10433~2777668,00.jpg

Later . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/2-2argus.jpg

Then . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/kapow1.jpg

Then . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/arg2.jpg

.. and . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/loner.jpg

. . and . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/championship_logo2b.jpg

dougie_for_pm
01-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by dougdeep
http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/6c/20/0,,10433~2957420,00.jpg

These kids look ready.


D'you think they had to pack up quick and leg it when the school caretaker came out????

Seagullette
01-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by celery stick
Later . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/2-2argus.jpg

Then . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/kapow1.jpg




I remember it all very well.

Note the keeper wasn't Henderson but Alan Blayney on loan from Southampton. I reckon that if Henderson had been the keeper in November the result would have been different. Blayney now plays for Doncaster.

Godstone Eagle
01-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Seagullette
I remember it all very well.

Note the keeper wasn't Henderson but Alan Blayney on loan from Southampton. I reckon that if Henderson had been the keeper in November the result would have been different. Blayney now plays for Doncaster.

The excuse has been noted.

Good move for Blayney, going to a club that is in with a shout of promotion from League 1.

Justy C
01-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Impressive main stand :rolleyes:

Seagullette
02-08-2006, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Justy C
Impressive main stand :rolleyes:

You can have it. :rolleyes:

celery stick
02-08-2006, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Seagullette
I remember it all very well.

Note the keeper wasn't Henderson but Alan Blayney on loan from Southampton. I reckon that if Henderson had been the keeper in November the result would have been different. Blayney now plays for Doncaster.

It MIGHT have been different.
But Yes Yes Yes blah blah blah.
Excuse duly noted and heard.
We didnt have AJ, if we did we might have scored 5 again.

If
But
Maybe

Seagullette
02-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by celery stick


If
But
Maybe
Football's full of them eh?:D

celery stick
02-08-2006, 07:15 AM
IBM

Seagullette
02-08-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by celery stick
IBM

?

Seagullette
02-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Seagullette
?

I get it now. :D

celery stick
02-08-2006, 07:18 AM
:)

LP
02-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Seagullette
I remember it all very well.

Note the keeper wasn't Henderson but Alan Blayney on loan from Southampton. I reckon that if Henderson had been the keeper in November the result would have been different. Blayney now plays for Doncaster.

3-2

Vince Hilaire's Afro
03-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Is it the name of the sponsor on the shirt or a plea for help?

Seagullette
03-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Somebody doesn't know anything about record companies.

dougdeep
05-08-2006, 04:44 AM
http://footballfocus.xsmnet.com/gallery/teams/brighton/brighton_&_hove_albion_1989-90.JPG

The good old days. :rolleyes:

LP
05-08-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by dougdeep
http://footballfocus.xsmnet.com/gallery/teams/brighton/brighton_&_hove_albion_1989-90.JPG

The good old days. :rolleyes:

Mike Trusson moved up in the world then?

dougdeep
06-08-2006, 05:47 AM
Well an away win to start the season. The Gills up next. Come on!

celery stick
06-08-2006, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by dougdeep
Well an away win to start the season. The Gills up next. Come on!

No, its Southend next.
;)

Martov BHAFC
06-08-2006, 12:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/arg2.jpg



a 300 year old haunted tree saved from the axe ?








Blimey

celery stick
06-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Yes I always wondered what happened to that.
Is the ghost still there?
Typical Argus, not following up a 'story'.

Seagullette
06-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by dougdeep
Well an away win to start the season. The Gills up next. Come on!

A good win and a great weekend at my in laws place. :p

pete eagle
06-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Could I add that Rotherham are a pants team at the moment. Currently in administration as well aren't they?

Godstone Eagle
06-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Excellent result for the Seaweeds! Vital that they beat their relegation rivals.