PDA

View Full Version : William Dowie - Bolton Fan

Addickted
25-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Dowie's family remained in the north west following his time at Oldham, and nine-year-old son William has become an avid Wanderers fan.

After opening his reign at The Valley with two straight defeats and Charlton now bottom of the fledgling league table, Dowie intends to ensure his son does not enjoy tomorrow's trip to south-east London too much.

"William is the big Bolton fan in the family. I have tried to change him on several occasions, but he is having none of it. He is dyed in the wool," said the Addicks manager, who took over from long-serving boss Alan Curbishley during the summer.

"In the car on the way home from the [Manchester] United game on
Wednesday, I was getting an hour-long lecture on what I did wrong.

"William is nine going on 35, to be honest, but he knows his stuff
because he spends most of his time playing Championship Manager 6!"

Dowie added: "He has had bragging rights the last couple of times we played Bolton when I was in charge of [Crystal] Palace.

"William came to the game at Selhurst Park which we lost 1-0 but, to be fair, they scored a goal which did not cross the line and we had seven fantastic chances which we did not take.

"The game will always be etched on my memory - as will the smirk on his face when I saw him afterwards."

Despite their poor start to the new season, Dowie insists: "There is no panic, none at all."

Good for William :lux:

BaldEagle96
25-08-2006, 06:38 PM
To be honest we have known that for a long time!

Hope all is well with you by the way. Say hi to Brenda for me when you next see her! :)

Godstone Eagle
25-08-2006, 06:53 PM
His son will be giving him plenty of grief on Saturday then :)

CP Satellite
25-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Where's the big deal, Haddock? Iain Dowie is a West Ham fan - it's a fact he made no secret of - which made it all the more "ironic" when Palace beat the Hamsters at Cardiff!

I've got a couple of pals who were born and bred in Leigh, just outside Bolton and both are lifelong Palace fans, but their kids follow Bolton - that's life. Who knows, if they lived in a caravan they might have supported Charlton!

Hedgehog
25-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Addickted
"William is nine going on 35, to be honest, but he knows his stuff
because he spends most of his time playing Championship Manager 6!"
Shows what Iain Dowie knows about football if he believes playing Championship Manager 6 a lot is an indicator that you know a lot about football!

Then again I guess half the BBS believe that too! :D

etu
25-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Nonsense Hedgehog.

Anyone who really knows anything about football is playing Football Manager these days.

Nork1
25-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Not only has he got the ugly gene, he speaks with a Coronation Street accent too. Unfortunate.

GreatGonzo
25-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Addickted
"In the car on the way home from the [Manchester] United game on
Wednesday, I was getting an hour-long lecture on what I did wrong.

See most of his mistakes are obvious to a 9-year-old! :p

palace_boy_luke
25-08-2006, 11:19 PM
Old, and haha at GG.