PDA

View Full Version : Taylor - Friend or Foe

Carlo
22-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Im getting very concened by Peter Taylor. He has been quoted by the AP as having no interest in staying at Palace long term. The quote reads "If I was back for the long term, I would have waited for a chairman to quit. no one works for jordan if they want long term employment."

Could it be fair to say he sees himself as a future England manager and is simply biding his time until McLaren leaves?!?

People tell me I am paranoid, but it seems logical to me!!!

Carl

alan
22-09-2006, 03:16 PM
where is this quote?

JAS78
22-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Palace manager to England manager? unless he gets us up into the Prem and wins a trophy or 2 i can't see it

mik59
22-09-2006, 03:24 PM
It's not the sector for stating publicly you're committed to long term, is it?

rikflair
22-09-2006, 03:24 PM
can't you read alan huh? Read the message again and this time type something worth while!

UN_LUKE
22-09-2006, 03:30 PM
If he achieve sucess, e.g. gets us promoted and keeps us in the prem he will be at palace long term.. if he has small sucess folowed by a lack of anything else he will be shown the door

se1eagle
22-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Carlo is an away fan... Ignore

Originally posted by Carlo
oooh, retard. I must have you palace scum all wrong after all. You are a very eloquent bunch that deserve more credit than you get for being the most pathetic team in the land. Good luck with the stadium. I heard yuo could simply fold it up like a train set and move it to Thornton Heath, the next best chavvy dive in the middle of the most decaying part of london!

andy m
22-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Christ. We have a manager committed to the club, one who's managed to put right 3 years of bad transfer policy in just 3 months and who's guided us to a better position in the league than at the same time last year, and yet there are still people who would rather have a pop at that than worry about their own club, 3rd from bottom and heading for relegation with a manager we all warned you about.

You couldn't make it up!

Carlo
22-09-2006, 03:39 PM
That may be. On another subject, Loose Change is slightly dubious, wouldn't you agree?

se1eagle
That may be. On another subject, Loose Change is slightly dubious, wouldn't you agree?

Loose Change is poor - there's much better out there...

Shipp Ahoy!
What is this 2 anti-Taylor threads in one day???

I personally am glad Taylor is more concerned with the here and now.

Eagleluke
22-09-2006, 03:42 PM
oh look, it's the hilarious Charlton double act (Carlo and rikflair) back again. People aren't falling for this are they?

smileysmith
22-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Right, can a mod ban these two cretins now, please?

Declare you are away fans and enter discussions in the correct manner, or stick to the away fans end. Banter and discussion with away fans is good. Talking shite and pretending you are Palace fools nobody and gets you banned.

Of course, the wiser option would be to impale yourselves on the nearest sharp object, but I suspect this is too much to ask.

(Oh, and we still couldn't give a feck about Charlton. Just so you know.)

PALACEWU
22-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by rikflair
can't you read alan huh? Read the message again and this time type something worth while!

I don't like you very much :hmph:

Carlo
22-09-2006, 03:46 PM

Me thinks you doth protest too much. What i love most about this forum is, people write 2 or 3 paras on how much they dont care. Funny thing is, when I dont care about something I move on. You guys get all uptight about it and post more replies than you would no something as inane as " how rusty is our ground?"

Carlo
22-09-2006, 03:47 PM
"Loose Change is poor - there's much better out there..."

Such as? I am genuinely interested to know. Loose change has some startling points, alas, in a doumentary produced by someone with no documentarian skills whatsoever.

smileysmith
22-09-2006, 03:50 PM

Me thinks you doth protest too much. What i love most about this forum is, people write 2 or 3 paras on how much they dont care. Funny thing is, when I dont care about something I move on. You guys get all uptight about it and post more replies than you would no something as inane as " how rusty is our ground?" :D Us uptight?!

Look at you desperately trying to wind us up on OUR board. We are on here posting because we're bored at work. I don't see any of us on your boards ... do you?

JHJ EAGLE
22-09-2006, 03:51 PM

Me thinks you doth protest too much. What i love most about this forum is, people write 2 or 3 paras on how much they dont care. Funny thing is, when I dont care about something I move on. You guys get all uptight about it and post more replies than you would no something as inane as " how rusty is our ground?"

What are you, some kind of t0sser?

ed winchester
22-09-2006, 04:05 PM
http://www.ihateclowns.com/ncstore/media/thumbshirts/150challenged.gif

se1eagle
22-09-2006, 04:09 PM
"Loose Change is poor - there's much better out there..."

Such as? I am genuinely interested to know. Loose change has some startling points, alas, in a doumentary produced by someone with no documentarian skills whatsoever.

Check this excerpt out from a really good documentary, 911 Guilt: The Proof Is In Your Hands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHbzdI7nBSc

Then watch the movies on my sig!

limited_edition
22-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Im getting very concened by Peter Taylor. He has been quoted by the AP as having no interest in staying at Palace long term. The quote reads "If I was back for the long term, I would have waited for a chairman to quit. no one works for jordan if they want long term employment."

Could it be fair to say he sees himself as a future England manager and is simply biding his time until McLaren leaves?!?

People tell me I am paranoid, but it seems logical to me!!!

Carl What is the AP ? The (Supa) Alan Pardew ?

It's far from logical that PT will be an England manager in the next few years. He has to succeed in the Prem first. There are other future candidates are ahead of PT in any future (hypothetical) pecking order.

Silly me. I'm taking a troll seriously, aren't I ?

Dave
22-09-2006, 04:25 PM
He is Clownton and banned

dufski13
22-09-2006, 04:25 PM
personally I can't stand Charlton, but since you took Dowie as manager i've been able to relax about it. After all there is no chance of you doing anything but go down with that idiot at the helm & i can enjoy watching you drop to your rightful level.
just as an aside Carlo did you enjoy all that bollocks Dowie has been spouting this week ? All that ridiculous quoting of Burns poetry ? I should have thought he'd have been better spending his time working out how to get you playing as a team.

smileysmith
22-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Dave
He is Clownton and banned :)

Lambeth Palace
22-09-2006, 04:42 PM

Nah, the England manager job has got Dowie written all over it. Look how well he's done at Charlton. Iain Dowie with Nigel Spackman as assistant.

limited_edition
22-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by dufski13
just as an aside Carlo did you enjoy all that bollocks Dowie has been spouting this week ? All that ridiculous quoting of Burns poetry ? I should have thought he'd have been better spending his time working out how to get you playing as a team. Moved on from quoting Rumble in the Jungle ? You've gotta hand it to Dowie, he's creative if nothing else.

dufski13
22-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
Moved on from quoting Rumble in the Jungle ? You've gotta hand it to Dowie, he's creative if nothing else.

well he is slowly reading his way through an English course. If only he could have applied some of that creativity to matters on the pitch he might be half decent. I wonder how many goals will come from free kicks & corners for Charlton this season :)

limited_edition
22-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by dufski13
I wonder how many goals will come from free kicks & corners for Charlton this season :) Wonder how many corners clear the first man ? Come to think of it, wonder how many they'll concede from corners and free kicks ?

LP
22-09-2006, 05:32 PM
It's true what they say about clowns not being funny isn't it?

dufski13
25-09-2006, 08:19 AM
so can we not change the title pof this thread to 'Dowie - friend or foe ?'
at the moment he is more friend me thinks, after another classy Charlton performance !