PDA

View Full Version : NHL Leagle Weeks 1 and 2


cumbrian_eagles
15-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Well here we go with a new sport and a new league! Like the PES league I will post 2 weeks worth of fixtures at a time, if all the fixtures are played before those 2 weeks are up then I will post the next fixtures early. Before we get onto the games some rules:

Games will consist of 5min periods played with default NHL rules
If a game is tied after Normal Time a period of Over Time is played, if it is still level after Over Time then a draw is declared (although players can choose to play the shoot out if they so wish)
Scoring is as follows, 4 points for an NT win, 3 points for an OT win, 2 points for a draw, 1 point for an OT loss and 0 points for an NT loss.
All games must be played within 4 weeks of fixtures being posted, unless of extenuating circumstances which must be declared as early as possible. Games will be awarded as a 2-0 Normal Time win.


Team - User - Gamertag
Unknown - Neil - olimite
Toronto Maple Leafs - Shane - shane3107
New York Rangers - Slough Eagle - Soulboy1970
Anaheim Ducks - Klimskady - Klimskady
Chicago Blackhawks - hakers - hakers
Colorado Avalanche - Absolution - AbsolutionCPFC
New Jersey Devils - Swanny 32 - Swanny32
Philadelphia Flyers - cumbrian_eagles - kendaleagle
Pittsburgh Penguins - KingsleY - AlexKingsley
Detroit Red Wings - RDSdaEagle - trigger1988
New York Islanders - Jamie W - Jamie CPFC
San Jose Sharks - t_appletart - appletart
Vancouver Canucks - Benzhiyi - Benzhiyi
Buffalo Sabres - Louis1974 - Redlouis

Week One Fixtures
Neil v Toronto Maple Leafs
New York Rangers 0 v 1 Anaheim Ducks
Chicago Blackhawks 2 v 1 Colorado Avalanche
New Jersey Devils 0 v 4 Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins v Detroit Red Wings
New York Islanders v San Jose Sharks
Vancouver Canucks 3 v 1 Buffalo Sabres

Week Two Fixtures
New York Rangers v Neil
Anaheim Ducks 0 v 1 Toronto Maple Leafs
Detroit Red Wings v Chicago Blackhawks
Philadelphia Flyers 4 v 1 Colorado Avalanche
New Jersey Devils v Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Islanders 1 v 2 Vancouver Canucks (OT)
Buffalo Sabres v San Jose Sharks

Scores updated 28th
Table updated 28th



TEAM PLD NT OT D OTL L GD PTS
Philadelphia Flyers 2 2 0 0 0 0 7 8
Vancouver Canucks 1 1 0 0 0 0 2 4
Toronto Maple Leafs 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 4
Chicago Blackhawks 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 4
Anaheim Ducks 2 1 0 0 0 1 0 4
Unknown 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Pittsburgh Penguins 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Detroit Red Wings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
New York Islanders 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
San Jose Sharks 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
New York Rangers 1 0 0 0 0 1 -1 0
Buffalo Sabres 1 0 0 0 0 1 -2 0
Colorado Avalanche 2 0 0 0 0 2 -4 0
New Jersey Devils 1 0 0 0 0 1 -4 0

cumbrian_eagles
15-10-2006, 10:02 PM
When I started this there were loads of people in the C&G forum, now the nearest thing is Mrs Neil ;) Anyway lets play hockey!

Swanny and Absolution I should be able to get on a few evenings this week and most days as well :hi:

Slough Eagle
16-10-2006, 05:17 AM
I'm available tonight ....before and after the footie:p

Swanny32
16-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Im available tonight about 8.30pm onwards.
Tomorrow, no chance (Palace)
Wednesday - 8.30 onwards
Thursday - 8pm onwards
Friday - All night from 6pm onwards.

Absolution
16-10-2006, 09:48 AM
I have been having troubles with this game, for whatever reason it freezes up occasionally ingame.. as I've just got a replacement Xbox through recently I've only started playing this game for the first time.

Now I haven't had any problems with any other games on the Xbox could this be a fault with the disc?

If I return this to Amazon, I should have a replacement before the end of the week and will play my matches straight away.

Hope this isn't too big a problem for the people I'm playing :(

hakers
16-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Absolution
I have been having troubles with this game, for whatever reason it freezes up occasionally ingame.. as I've just got a replacement Xbox through recently I've only started playing this game for the first time.

Now I haven't had any problems with any other games on the Xbox could this be a fault with the disc?

If I return this to Amazon, I should have a replacement before the end of the week and will play my matches straight away.

Hope this isn't too big a problem for the people I'm playing :(

Send it back, give me more time to practice :o

Seriously, sounds like the disk if it is just that game - not had this problem on 360 but i had the same prob with the ps2 (worked fine on all games bar one where it kept crashing halfway through - was solved by replacing the gamedisk itself)

Swanny32
16-10-2006, 10:00 AM
yeah definitely sounds like the disk,get that bad boy packaged up and sent back ASAP

cumbrian_eagles
16-10-2006, 10:33 AM
I'd return it for a swap Absolution, don't worry about it as we have 2 weeks scheduled for the first games although this might be the first case of extenuating circumstances :lux: :D

Absolution
16-10-2006, 10:40 AM
The label is printed out, it will go in the post later on this evening. So hopefully it won't be too long a delay, because of the Palace game and stuff I have on Wednesday I would have probably aimed to play the games end of the week regardless.

Mrs Neil
16-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
When I started this there were loads of people in the C&G forum, now the nearest thing is Mrs Neil

I don't think I like being a nearest "thing"! :sob: :D

Swanny32
16-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Cumbrian, any idea when you will be available during the evening this week?

Benzhiyi
16-10-2006, 01:09 PM
My Livebox dealy arrived today. Once connected up it'll be up to seven days before everything is live, so please bear with me Louis1974. :)

By the way, would ten minute periods be better than five? When I've had mates round the ten minute matches tend to get more realistic scores than the five minuters, which often end 1-1. Then again, maybe we're just shit.

cumbrian_eagles
16-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Swanny32
Im available tonight about 8.30pm onwards.
Tomorrow, no chance (Palace)
Wednesday - 8.30 onwards
Thursday - 8pm onwards
Friday - All night from 6pm onwards.

I'm probably only gonna get on till about 8ish tonight, although that may change depending on what my gf does after college.
I'll try and get on Wednesday or Thursday evening and depending on how I feel Friday as well (I normally play football on a friday but I'm a bit sore so not sure if I'll be playing this week or not).

Neil
16-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
When I started this there were loads of people in the C&G forum, now the nearest thing is Mrs Neil ;) Anyway lets play hockey!

I'll scratch yer eyes out!

:bash:

cumbrian_eagles
16-10-2006, 09:54 PM
I meant NHL players, Mrs Neil is a fine gamer and would probably beat me in many a game! Has anyone got a spade btw? I think I might be doing some digging ;)

t_appletart
16-10-2006, 09:57 PM
i have just orderd the game from play.com so i'll be playing soon

Absolution
16-10-2006, 10:48 PM
I have placed a new order XXXXXXXXX for "NHL 07 (Xbox
360)", and it will be dispatched as soon as possible to the same
address...

So Amazon are sending out a new copy straight away! I expected that they would need to get the other copy back first. :)

cumbrian_eagles
16-10-2006, 11:43 PM
is Tim to be the whipping boy? League starts and he hasn't even touched the game? ;)

Benzhiyi
17-10-2006, 12:16 AM
No-one fancies ten minute periods then?

Sweet news: after six hours of faffing around tonight I finally have Xbox Live. Anyone up for a practise game on Tuesday eve?

Benzhiyi
17-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Sod's law, that: I get Live up and running and then discover that it's down until first thing tomorrow morning for maintenance!! Typical.

Swanny32
17-10-2006, 08:45 AM
did anyone manage to play a game last night?

t_appletart
17-10-2006, 09:19 AM
ben, what is your gamertag?

Benzhiyi
17-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Benzhiyi.

Yep, took me ages to come up with that.

t_appletart
17-10-2006, 09:28 AM
:) do you want me to put you on the xbox live thread with everyone else? any other games?

hakers
17-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Finally got round to playing some of this game last night - thought it would be an idea to get some practice in! Use the classic controls but the stick for shooting however try as i might i just can not win a face off! Played 4 games (lost 3 of them you'll all be pleased to know - although the one i did win was 5-2 and i hit the post 6 times in the first period before i scored :)), anyway in the 4 games i did not win one, no not one face off :eek: - Help!!

BTW I'm assuming, if RDS is about, that i can play my second fixture before the first if absolution has any issues with getting his game disk??

Absolution
17-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Your Amazon.co.uk order has dispatched, time: 10:48
Nice! Should be avaliable for games on thursday, fingers crossed.

hakers
17-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Absolution
Nice! Should be avaliable for games on thursday, fingers crossed.

:lux: Another 2 more nights to learn to win a face off :D

Neil
17-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
I meant NHL players, Mrs Neil is a fine gamer and would probably beat me in many a game! Has anyone got a spade btw? I think I might be doing some digging ;)

Darn tootin'

She kicked my backside on Goldeneye not too long ago!

cumbrian_eagles
17-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Neil have you decided what time you're going to be yet?

Absolution
17-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by hakers
:lux: Another 2 more nights to learn to win a face off :D
At least you have two nights to work how to win one! I don't :D

hakers
17-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Absolution
At least you have two nights to work how to win one! I don't :D

I demand to play you the second you open your new disk then :D

Neil
17-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
Neil have you decided what time you're going to be yet?

Nope - haven't been near the 360 since the weekend, sorry.

cumbrian_eagles
17-10-2006, 05:25 PM
That's alright, just as long as you decide by the first game ;) Hows the job btw?

Neil
17-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Effing knackering!

Benzhiyi
18-10-2006, 09:31 AM
So it's a no to ten minute periods, then?

Swanny32
18-10-2006, 09:39 AM
too long, 5 miinutes is enough me thinks.

Swanny32
18-10-2006, 10:01 AM
has anyone played a league match yet? What do we do once it has been played?

Absolution
18-10-2006, 10:10 AM
I have been given the word, my NHL 07 replacement disc has arrived 1-day ahead than I expected!

Sorry Hakers you've lost a day to practice face-offs :D

Swanny32
18-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Let the demolition commence!

Absolution
18-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Oh yeah, and I should be avaliable for games tonight after 8/9. If anyone wants a friendly as well let me know.

Swanny32
18-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Ill be around at about the same time hopefully, if i can drag myself away from LEGO Star Wars i'll give you a friendly!

Benzhiyi
18-10-2006, 10:43 AM
I'll give someone a game tonight, too.

Absolution
18-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Ok, I've got Swanny added already I'll send over a friends request to you Ben later on.

hakers
18-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Absolution
I have been given the word, my NHL 07 replacement disc has arrived 1-day ahead than I expected!

Sorry Hakers you've lost a day to practice face-offs :D

:sob: :sob:

And i didnt get on last night as i was working late - damnations. I'll try and get on later for my beating!

Benzhiyi
18-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Cheers for those matches, Absolution. Good to get off to a winning start but both goals in that second game were skanky.

Absolution
19-10-2006, 08:13 AM
No problem, they were good games. Bit disappointed with the first one as I thought I gave the goals away cheaply, second one could have gone either way really.

Also played Swanny twice, he is far better than me but somehow I beat him on the break the first time... then he completely dominated and won.. 2-0 i think.

hakers
19-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Absolution
No problem, they were good games. Bit disappointed with the first one as I thought I gave the goals away cheaply, second one could have gone either way really.

Also played Swanny twice, he is far better than me but somehow I beat him on the break the first time... then he completely dominated and won.. 2-0 i think.

pm'd you mate - missed you last night, my broadband kept dropping last night :(

you about tonight?

Swanny32
19-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Absolution
No problem, they were good games. Bit disappointed with the first one as I thought I gave the goals away cheaply, second one could have gone either way really.

Also played Swanny twice, he is far better than me but somehow I beat him on the break the first time... then he completely dominated and won.. 2-0 i think.

Great games last night, was gutted on the first one although it was quite an even match you first goal was gifted, giving away posession in the middle of the ice 2 on 1 and nicely rounding the keeper, it was always going to end in tears! I really started to panic when you got the rebound on your second goal and knocked it home.

Second game was slightly different though! :lux:

Absolution
19-10-2006, 09:14 AM
I've got to head down to some meeting for Footie, thats about 8ish...

Hopefully I'll be home by 10.

Swanny32
19-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by hakers
pm'd you mate - missed you last night, my broadband kept dropping last night :(

you about tonight?

I had problems with my connection last night, i was happily playing UNO with Slough, Tart and louis, all of a sudden Slough drops out of the game having connection problems, then 2 or 3 minutes later i got booted out and couldn't get back on xbox live. Maybe they have to iron out a few problems after the update a couple days ago??

We were dropping like flies, it was like a scene out of Texas Chainsaw!

calne eagle
19-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Message on behalf of Klimskady - her Internet connection isn't working, and she's doing all she can to get it sorted.

Slough Eagle
19-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by calne eagle
Message on behalf of Klimskady - her Internet connection isn't working, and she's doing all she can to get it sorted.

Thanks CE, seems like everyone is having probs with connectivity....I was able to get on live this morning though.

klimskady
19-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by calne eagle
Message on behalf of Klimskady - her Internet connection isn't working, and she's doing all she can to get it sorted.

Thanks Martin, You are a star.

I am still having no end of problems so if I am not on tonight Shane then you know why.

Slough.. Your time will come soon ;) :D

Slough Eagle
19-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by klimskady
Thanks Martin, You are a star.

I am still having no end of problems so if I am not on tonight Shane then you know why.

Slough.. Your time will come soon ;) :D

I hope so...looking forward to it ;) shall we make up a score now or later :D

Shane
19-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by klimskady
Thanks Martin, You are a star.

I am still having no end of problems so if I am not on tonight Shane then you know why.

Slough.. Your time will come soon ;) :D

No probs Klimskady.....

Thanks for letting me know.

I had my own live problems last night so I know how you feel :bash:

cumbrian_eagles
19-10-2006, 12:37 PM
I think microsoft are having some teething problems with live since they're big update, I've not been on since... is there actually any difference?

Absolution
19-10-2006, 12:48 PM
I haven't noticed any difference, or any problems but I'm a live newbie really.

Are you around this evening C_E?

We may be able to play our match after I get back from this football meeting.

Swanny32
19-10-2006, 02:33 PM
I have added everyone to my friends list for the future match ups! Cumbrian are you about tonight?

cumbrian_eagles
19-10-2006, 03:09 PM
I maybe able to get on tonight, what time will people be around?

Absolution
19-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Home at ten hopefully, then half past maybe online.. not entirely sure will let you know via this thread or PMs etc if you aren't on Live when I go on.

Swanny32
19-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Should be on Sexbox from about 8pm onwards!

cumbrian_eagles
19-10-2006, 04:32 PM
I'll try and get on some time just after 8 and then about 10:30ish?

Swanny32
19-10-2006, 04:37 PM
sounds good!

t_appletart
19-10-2006, 08:17 PM
go the game today. will have a few practice games before i unleash myself upon you amateurs!

klimskady
19-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Just went on but you were not available Shane, if you give me a shout when you want to play the match.

Also Paul do you have a day in mind?

Shane
19-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by klimskady
Just went on but you were not available Shane, if you give me a shout when you want to play the match.

Also Paul do you have a day in mind?

Online NOW!!!!:p

klimskady
19-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Shane
Online NOW!!!!:p

Be on in 5 :D

cumbrian_eagles
19-10-2006, 08:56 PM
ooo first match of the season! Someone is gonna go top for a while...

klimskady
19-10-2006, 10:19 PM
That will teach me to do a warm up then do the match lmao!

Stick it down for a 1-0 win in normal time for Shane.

An own goal seprated us in the first game.

I played better in the second which makes me feel better!!

Good game Shane xx

t_appletart
19-10-2006, 10:29 PM
i just played my first game ever! lost 2-1 to soulboy. think i handled my self ok...

cumbrian_eagles
19-10-2006, 10:29 PM
well I beat Absolution 4-1... sounds impressive but thats 4 errors by the goal tender! Any other game and he would of won. I will add though two of my goals was when I was a man down after getting a 5min penalty for slashing! Absolution was clear through so I "accidently" slashed him... oops :angel:

Absolution
19-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Not a nice score :(

My shooting was awful the only goal was a scrappy goaline effort. No excuse with conceding two when on a powerplay was quite shocking :D

cumbrian_eagles
19-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Crap looking table, how do people make them look straight and pretty?


TEAM NT OT D OTL L GD PTS
Philadelphia Flyers 1 3 4
Toronto Maple Leafs 1 1 4
Unknown 0 0
New York Rangers 0 0
Chicago Blackhawks 0 0
New Jersey Devils 0 0
Pittsburgh Penguins 0 0
Detroit Red Wings 0 0
New York Islanders 0 0
San Jose Sharks 0 0
Vancouver Canucks 0 0
Buffalo Sabres 0 0
Anaheim Ducks 0 -1 0
Colorado Avalanche 0 -3 0

klimskady
20-10-2006, 07:26 AM
After my disappointment against Shane last night, I bit the bullet and played Slough.

Can you stick it down as a 1-0 win to me in normal time please.

Slough Eagle
20-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by klimskady
After my disappointment against Shane last night, I bit the bullet and played Slough.

Can you stick it down as a 1-0 win to me in normal time please.
UUGGHHH I realise now why I could not score....I had it on PRO mode instead of ROOKIE mode (schoolboy error) :veryangry
It was the same for both teams so well done Klim:p

Swanny32
20-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Cumbrian, are we going to get our game tonight?

hakers
20-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Slough Eagle
UUGGHHH I realise now why I could not score....I had it on PRO mode instead of ROOKIE mode (schoolboy error) :veryangry
It was the same for both teams so well done Klim:p

Are we supposed to play the games in Rookie mode then?

Absolution or RDS - are you about tonight??

klimskady
20-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by hakers
Are we supposed to play the games in Rookie mode then?

Absolution or RDS - are you about tonight??

I didn't know that in pro mode it made it harder to score, I just thought Slough has a really good goaltender! :D

Oh and for the record I would just like to say.. NHL rules suck. ;) :p

Swanny32
20-10-2006, 09:14 AM
so is it supposed to be on rookie or pro?

klimskady
20-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Swanny32
so is it supposed to be on rookie or pro?

Rookie would be more fun surely?

klimskady
20-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Although it could also lead to more silly Own Goal type things...

I still can't believe Shanes goal came off my Defenders Arse. :sob:

cumbrian_eagles
20-10-2006, 09:44 AM
I think we played out game on rookie, namely because as slough as its more fun and more relastic... how many ice hockey games end 1-0?

Benzhiyi
20-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Louis, are you around tonight? I'm available from 7ish to play our game if you fancy it.

hakers
20-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
I think we played out game on rookie, namely because as slough as its more fun and more relastic... how many ice hockey games end 1-0?

sounds fine to me. i'll have to remember that.

off topic - see you are going to leicester tom CE - what pub you drinking in? Look out for me, i have hakers across the back of me shirt :)

Swanny32
20-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Cumbrian, are you about tonight?

Slough Eagle
20-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by klimskady
I didn't know that in pro mode it made it harder to score, I just thought Slough has a really good goaltender! :D

Oh and for the record I would just like to say.. NHL rules suck. ;) :p
By the way Klim....I was not saying the rookie thing cause of soar grapes or anything.......It's just that CE and myself played in pro with the same result....we both agreed it would be more fun playing on rookie.
As for the game last night....well...as the stat's showed you were better in all departments and deserved to win.....I'm off to cry now...never lost a 1st league game before :sob: :sob: :sob: :o

Absolution
20-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Will be around until 8/9 this evening Hakers

Shane
20-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by klimskady
That will teach me to do a warm up then do the match lmao!

Stick it down for a 1-0 win in normal time for Shane.

An own goal seprated us in the first game.

I played better in the second which makes me feel better!!

Good game Shane xx

Well I can hardly brag about the manner of my win it has to be said. Lucky is one word to spring to mind but I'll take that as I am sure you'll agree!

My "luck" ran out in the 2nd game which thankfully was a friendly only. Let's just say I got tanked and leave it at that shall we??:D

Thanks Klim for the games.

hakers
20-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Absolution
Will be around until 8/9 this evening Hakers

cool - hope to be on around 6.30-7ish so hopefully will see you later

Swanny32
20-10-2006, 12:57 PM
im going to be online from 7 till late tonight hopefully i can play a few friendlies against some peeps and maybe get my league game against Cumbrian out of the way!

What happens if a game isn't played in time?

klimskady
20-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Slough Eagle
By the way Klim....I was not saying the rookie thing cause of soar grapes or anything.......It's just that CE and myself played in pro with the same result....we both agreed it would be more fun playing on rookie.
As for the game last night....well...as the stat's showed you were better in all departments and deserved to win.....I'm off to cry now...never lost a 1st league game before :sob: :sob: :sob: :o

Ah mate I would never think it was sour grapes! I got lucky.

x

cumbrian_eagles
20-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Swanny32
What happens if a game isn't played in time?

Well we still have 3 weeks on monday to play it ;) But if a game isn't played by those 4 weeks depending on the reason for it not being played the game maybe forfeited. Although this doesn't count in the last week, as all outstanding games must be played by the end of week 13.

klimskady
20-10-2006, 01:16 PM
When are the next fixtures due?

cumbrian_eagles
20-10-2006, 01:16 PM
30th

klimskady
20-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
30th

:( Thats ages away :D

cumbrian_eagles
20-10-2006, 04:38 PM
It'll be earlier if all the games are done before ;)

KingsleY
20-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I'll be on tonight after 9.30 ish

hakers
20-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Chicago Blackhawks 2 Colorado Avalanche 1 in normal time.

How i won this game I'll never know, under almost constant pressure the whole game i managed to sneak 2 quick shorthand goals in the first period and managed to hold on despite an 'absolution' onslaught in the third period.

Well played mate, you didn't deserve to lose this one.

hakers
20-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Absolution
Not a nice score :(

My shooting was awful the only goal was a scrappy goaline effort. No excuse with conceding two when on a powerplay was quite shocking :D

Your keeper done it again! sack him! :D

cumbrian_eagles
20-10-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm about to go out and play football and maybe go for a drink after so I may not make it on tonight, tomorrow I'm going to the footie so again not sure what time I'll make it on.

Table is now in the first post :p

cumbrian_eagles
22-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Come on kiddies only played 4 games at the end of the first week ;)

Swanny32
23-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Cumbrian, when are you going to be about?

Neil
23-10-2006, 11:43 AM
I haven't even got a clue what team to be, having foolishly let Benzhiyi be my faves, Detroit.

Benzhiyi
24-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Louis/ Jamie CPFC: are either of you around this evening to play our games? Name a time from 6 and I'll be there.

Originally posted by Neil
I haven't even got a clue what team to be, having foolishly let Benzhiyi be my faves, Detroit.

Oi! I'm Vancouver. I wouldn't go near Detroit. :moo:

Swanny32
24-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Im still waiting to play my games too, Cumbrian, you going to be about tonight, i have noticed a lack of people on Xbox Live since FM07 came out!

Neil
24-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Oi! I'm Vancouver. I wouldn't go near Detroit. :moo:

Sorry, I meant RDS - teach me for not looking :)

klimskady
24-10-2006, 02:46 PM
I can't wait for the next set of fixtures..

I think i should spread my games out over a week rather that 2 hours..

Swanny32
24-10-2006, 04:37 PM
At least you have played your games, i can't even get hold of my two opponents! Maybe they know they are going to get beat! (Resorting to threats now)

cumbrian_eagles
25-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Ha I was on last week when you said no show ;) I may be able to get on tonight, if not def. Friday night and over the weekend :hi:

Swanny32
25-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Ill be on tonight and friday night.

Benzhiyi
25-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Result from tonight: Vancouver Canucks 3, Buffalo Sabres 1

Really close one which, if I'm honest, Louis probably deserved to win. He was 1-0 up at the outset of the final period only for his goaltender (who'd been in superb form) to concede three nutmeg goals inside the space of two minutes.

cumbrian_eagles
26-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Table updated

Absolution
26-10-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Result from tonight: Vancouver Canucks 3, Buffalo Sabres 1

Really close one which, if I'm honest, Louis probably deserved to win. He was 1-0 up at the outset of the final period only for his goaltender (who'd been in superb form) to concede three nutmeg goals inside the space of two minutes.
Sounds very much like all the games I've played on live against you lot :)

Slough Eagle
26-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Neil....when do you want to play our game fella?

Swanny32
26-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Cumbrian, im about tonight mate if you are free.

cumbrian_eagles
26-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Not tonight, but I'll be on tmw apart from between 8:15 and 10:00 when I've got football :hi:

cumbrian_eagles
26-10-2006, 06:53 PM
I've found a way to make shoot outs fun, human controlled keepers! :lux:

Swanny32
27-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
Not tonight, but I'll be on tmw apart from between 8:15 and 10:00 when I've got football :hi:

Sweet, just so happens ill be on till 8pm then have to stop for a couple of hours whilst i spend "valuable time with the missus" (not the dirty time either, actual sitting down watching tv and talking! She does it to me every night!) Once she has fallen asleep on the sofa ill switch the sexbox back on by which time hopefully you'll be back from footy!

cumbrian_eagles
27-10-2006, 10:39 AM
haha waiting till after footie when I'm tired ;)

cumbrian_eagles
27-10-2006, 11:01 PM
dear o dear! I think me and Swanny just had Mike Riley ref'ing our game. I was being a dirty sod all over the rink, slashing left right and centre and got one of his players injured! All because we wanted (well maybe just me) a fight.

oh the game finished 4-0 with 1 good goal after 38secs and 3 extreme lucky ones! Good game mate, although I'm sure you'll now want revenge!!! :D

cumbrian_eagles
27-10-2006, 11:09 PM
table updated

cumbrian_eagles
29-10-2006, 08:36 PM
new fixtures up tomorrow morning

Benzhiyi
29-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Hard-hitting game tonight between myself and Jamie. I scored a scrappy opener early on only for him to equalise with a beautiful one-timer in the second period. From then on he carved my side open time after time but Luongo stood firm in goal. Went into overtime a man short and with the Islanders dominating but somehow I snatched a shorthanded goal (just as ugly as the first!) to snare the points.

Final score: Canucks 2 Islanders 1 (OT)

Jamie W
30-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Hard-hitting game tonight between myself and Jamie. I scored a scrappy opener early on only for him to equalise with a beautiful one-timer in the second period. From then on he carved my side open time after time but Luongo stood firm in goal. Went into overtime a man short and with the Islanders dominating but somehow I snatched a shorthanded goal (just as ugly as the first!) to snare the points.

Final score: Canucks 2 Islanders 1 (OT)

Benzhiyi your a good player mate, I wouldnt argue with any of your report but your overtime winner was quality in no way ugly! Very tough game with lots of big hits, my Islanders just dont seem to be able to score :sob:

Well played m8.

cumbrian_eagles
30-10-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm about to post the new fixtures so the updated table will be on there :p

Swanny32
30-10-2006, 09:26 AM
After our game the other night cumbrian i was fuming! I didn't even look like scoring, no idea what was going wrong, maybe the fact that every time i got possession you slashed my players faces!!

cumbrian_eagles
30-10-2006, 09:54 AM
That was only in the last period ;) I hope your game last night helped get your furstration out. TBH I think my luck is going to change, I'll be down to 5-3 losing 5-0 before you know it

t_appletart
01-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Buffalo Sabres 2 v 1 San Jose Sharks

Louis1974
01-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Buffalo sabres 2-1 San Jose

Well played Tart unlucky fella but i dont think we will pull up any trees fella.

t_appletart
01-11-2006, 09:40 PM
red and i pissed ourselves the whole game as neither of knew us what we are doing!

Slough Eagle
02-11-2006, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by t_appletart
red and i pissed ourselves the whole game as neither of knew us what we are doing!
Sounds about right......but better than me crying right klim:o

klimskady
02-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Slough Eagle
Sounds about right......but better than me crying right klim:o
:p :D