PDA

View Full Version : A year Ago Tonite


Tanks Jockstrap
18-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Palace 0 - Brighton & Hove Albion 1 :lux:http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2144/0104332784284000mf8.jpg

joe walker
18-10-2006, 09:07 PM
wow, super

stevey_d
18-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Better than playing in the 'painting' competition. Surely a sign that your club are shit.

foxy
18-10-2006, 09:12 PM
and a year on you are a division below us how sweet

SpikeyMatt
18-10-2006, 09:14 PM
If I'm honest, I expected a thread a lot earlier in the day....

Unless I've missed it.

nick lombardo
18-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Tanks, regretting posting that, mush?

forsells no1 fan
18-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Swiftly followed by wins against burnley and the champions league holders, How times have changed!

David of Kent
18-10-2006, 09:18 PM
That's nothing. It's just 10 days to the 4th Anniversary of


PALACE 5 BRIGHTON 0

:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

AndyStreet
18-10-2006, 09:18 PM
I see Jobi pictured in that photo............

GeeTee
18-10-2006, 09:20 PM
It really pissed on their chips that we only had to wait five weeks for revenge.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
18-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Hopefully this anniversary will still bring some comfort to the Brighton faithful a year from now....

....as they lament the disappearance of their club and 'ground' and snuggle up with the other hobos in the lanes.

Possibly.

calne eagle
18-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Sorry, chaps. Which division are you in? When are we next playing you?

Oh ---- thought not.

BTW the paper bags at the rock shop still say 'Brighton PALACE pier.'

Seagullette
19-10-2006, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by calne eagle
Sorry, chaps. Which division are you in? When are we next playing you?

Oh ---- thought not.

BTW the paper bags at the rock shop still say 'Brighton PALACE pier.'

Of course they do. That is the proper name not some jumped up Blackpool outfit who now run it and say it should be called Brighton pier.
Palace because we had a royal palace in the town (Pavilion) before Queen Victoria donated it back to the people.
Next?

We couldn't afford to be in the Championship and pay the sort of wages you lot pay your players. Our entire team only cost 600K and a set of tracksuits. We still beat you and enjoyed every moment of it.

celery stick
19-10-2006, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Seagullette
We still beat you and enjoyed every moment of it.

Of course you did. Its rivalry.
:p

Even I can't begrudge you five weeks bragging rights in 16 years.

Away Day Eagle
19-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by calne eagle
Sorry, chaps. Which division are you in? When are we next playing you?

Oh ---- thought not.

BTW the paper bags at the rock shop still say 'Brighton PALACE pier.'

Which my nieces have duly received thanks to our resident medical experts :p

calne eagle
19-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Seagullette
Of course they do. That is the proper name not some jumped up Blackpool outfit who now run it and say it should be called Brighton pier.
Palace because we had a royal palace in the town (Pavilion) before Queen Victoria donated it back to the people.

.

I will always love your town. Just not the team

;)

calne eagle
19-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Oh, and it is a town, not a city. In my mind, anyway.

Santos-er
19-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by AndyStreet
I see Jobi pictured in that photo............

Standing around just watching the ball.... how unusual

Scoot
19-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by calne eagle

BTW the paper bags at the rock shop still say 'Brighton 2 PALACE 3 pier.'

Now that is very gracious of them ;)

Dom the Eagle
19-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Seagullette
We couldn't afford to be in the Championship and pay the sort of wages you lot pay your players. Our entire team only cost 600K and a set of tracksuits. We still beat you and enjoyed every moment of it.

That's because you are impoverished. You also have a crap team.

smileysmith
19-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by celery stick
Even I can't begrudge you five weeks bragging rights in 16 years. Me neither.

Can't help but find it amusing that they still try and brag about it though, considering whats happened since. :D

Helmut Struntz
20-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by smileysmith
Me neither.

Can't help but find it amusing that they still try and brag about it though, considering whats happened since. :D

No bragging what happened happened. Beter team won on the night..lets move on..

:p

eagle mart
20-10-2006, 08:10 AM
It was a great own goal from Boycie.

sunshine lucas
20-10-2006, 08:14 AM
We didn't deserve to win that game... and it's all rather like the last 2 performances this year... poor.

Lambeth Palace
20-10-2006, 02:49 PM
What was the score last time we played... :S:

cross_eyed_ed
20-10-2006, 03:07 PM
I was so drunk that night that I can't remember anything about it.

jamie12
22-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent
That's nothing. It's just 10 days to the 4th Anniversary of


PALACE 5 BRIGHTON 0

:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: YAY!!!!:lux: :hi: ;):p :o :D

celery stick
20-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Tanks Jockstrap
A year Ago


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/2-2argus.jpg


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/3-2argus2b.jpg


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/jobi.jpg

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 08:46 PM
That reminds me, we're playing Doncaster this Saturday and that's where Blayney is in goal now.
I hope he looks like that again as we score. :p

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 08:56 PM
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9429/crystalpalacebrighton01tn4.jpg

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7365/010433277616100om7.jpg

celery stick
20-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Yes yes, thats how the thread started.
You missed that though.

Its a whole different anniversary today.

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Lovely pics Falmerforall.

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I can see me in the top pic. :p

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Very good eyesight Seagullette

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 09:04 PM
I know what I was wearing and the bloke next to me. I was right by the gantry (which is how I missed the offside flag for Morrisons effort for a few seconds)

eagles #1
20-11-2006, 09:06 PM
http://www.holmesdale.net/downloads/wallpapers/wallpaper18_640.jpg

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Ancient history.
We're discussing 2005.

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Seagullette
I know what I was wearing and the bloke next to me. I was right by the gantry (which is how I missed the offside flag for Morrisons effort for a few seconds)

I'm more worried that you can put 'score' and 'Doncaster' in the same post.
:)

eagles #1
20-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Seagullette
Ancient history.
We're discussing 2005. Oh sorry.

http://www.holmesdale.net/downloads/wallpapers/wallpaper42_640.jpg

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:13 PM
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4370/palacehappy4jugr7.jpg

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/6012/cpfc030fd1.jpg

On the first picture I have circled on one of their players' backs exactly what they got

eagles #1
20-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by FalmerforAll
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4370/palacehappy4jugr7.jpg

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/6012/cpfc030fd1.jpg

On the first picture I have circled on one of their players' backs exactly what they got I like your writing, pretty good for a 7 year old.

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
I like your writing, pretty good for a 7 year old.

It was very late at night.Honest:D

eagles #1
20-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by FalmerforAll
It was very late at night.Honest:D :D

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:18 PM
http://forums.cpfc.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=2188598

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:20 PM
My,what magic what a bored mind,a picture of a Palace shirt and good ol' paint can produce!

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4728/876ced2f6cb54110843acb8ee9.jpg

eagles #1
20-11-2006, 09:24 PM
http://www.kazboard.com/images/logos/cocacolachampio.1.1144606098.jpg

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/vweedslosingstroppyweedsjustbecause.jpg

Oliver V
20-11-2006, 09:24 PM
I rather like that. Far better than GAC Logistics.

FFA, remind me to recommend you to Simon Jordan...:p

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:25 PM
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3962/333wf5.jpg

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by FalmerforAll
McShane in 79th


McShane in the 4th.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/celery63/mcshane06.jpg

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:33 PM
http://www.cpfc.org/g2/d/5631-2/aam.jpg

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Please explain the McShane pic CS

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:34 PM
http://www.cpfc.org/g2/d/5614-2/aaf.jpg

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:36 PM
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7868/jordan0219dp2.png

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8195/ac36aaa337484057b82b51cuf7.jpg

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 09:37 PM
There; isn't that much better than discussing Charlton?

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:39 PM
http://www.cpfc.org/g2/d/5541-2/deples2.jpg

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:41 PM
http://www.cpfc.org/g2/d/5537-2/selhurst3.jpg

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Much as I hate to admit it,the child abuse ones are quite funny

aj4england
20-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Jobi, In the last minute?

eagles #1
20-11-2006, 09:44 PM
http://www.cpfc.org/g2/d/5377-2/FBBS4.jpg

Courtesy of our very own Les Butler.

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by aj4england
Jobi, In the last minute?

McShane,in the 79th?

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by FalmerforAll
Much as I hate to admit it,the child abuse ones are quite funny

You should check out all of Les Butlers pics in the gallery FFA.
They'd appeal to any genuine footy fan.
Especially to fans of teams who arent the 'big' five.

westsussexeagle
20-11-2006, 09:48 PM
I remember this as I was working on the day. I could see it coming a mile away especially with all the pumped up testosteroned chest thumping that was on here suggesting that we might beat the old 5-0. The guy from our software support was a gambling man and had one of these 6 result jobbies (don't know the precise details just that he had to get them all right to walk off with a suitcase of notes). All the other 5 or whatever came in but his banker was Palace! He even blamed me although I did point out that all he had to do was ask. Was I alone in thinking this was a major accident waiting to happen?

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by FalmerforAll
McShane,in the 79th?

Johnson in the 4th, 35th, and 55th?

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:48 PM
:lux: :lux: :lux:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/8649/palgol3bs5sjnj3.gif

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by celery stick
Johnson in the 4th, 35th, and 55th?

Simon Jordan:

"As we sat there in the dressing room after relegation at harlton,we all agreed that the team we played first in the Championship would pay for our relegation today"

So tell me Mr Jordan,what was the score?

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:51 PM
First Brighton player to score against Palace for 16 years, and he's on loan from Man Utd!

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by FalmerforAll
Simon Jordan:

"As we sat there in the dressing room after relegation at harlton,we all agreed that the team we played first in the Championship would pay for our relegation today"

So tell me Mr Jordan,what was the score?

I wish we had played Harlton.
We might have stayed up.

Nothing wrong with being angry about failure.

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by celery stick
First Brighton player to score against Palace for 16 years, and he's on loan from Man Utd!

We're not fussy who scores for us. :D

eagles #1
20-11-2006, 09:53 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GNlYNSY50Lo :lux: :lux:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-bHqVq8DPMQ :lux: :lux:

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by celery stick
First Brighton player to score against Palace for 16 years, and he's on loan from Man Utd!

And the person to score the next two goals was from Chelsea!And then he turned into an utter prick

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9797/leongayfv3.png

FalmerforAll
20-11-2006, 09:55 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=L8kB6waEpos

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RZf4Vy6PClw&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jBuST2C-418

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Celery your inbox is full :)

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by FalmerforAll
http://youtube.com/watch?v=L8kB6waEpos

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RZf4Vy6PClw&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jBuST2C-418

The first two really do sound gay but the third one is magic :p

celery stick
20-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by FalmerforAll
And the person to score the next two goals was from Chelsea!And then he turned into an utter prick

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9797/leongayfv3.png

How did Brighton and Hove Albion get Leon Knight to score a hat-trick?













































They sold him to Swansea.

celery stick
20-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Seagullette
Celery your inbox is full :)

My cup runneth over.
:D

Ta, sorted now.

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by celery stick
How did Brighton and Hove Albion get Leon Knight to score a hat-trick?

They sold him to Swansea.

Which was League 1 - and replaced him with a home grown player who has scored two hat-tricks in 3 weeks.
:p

Henfield Eagle
20-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Seagullette
Which was League 1 - and replaced him with a home grown player who has scored two hat-tricks in 3 weeks.
:p Against Who?:rolleyes:

Boyandy
20-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Seagullette
Which was League 1

And what league are you in?

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Henfield Eagle
Against Who?:rolleyes:

You read the Argus?
:D

Seagullette
20-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Boyandy
And what league are you in?

Exactly the same. That's why I pointed out our youngster had done it twice.

Hitler
21-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Seagullette
Celery your inbox is full :)

That's what his mates in Streatham said

GeeTee
21-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Seagullette
Exactly the same. That's why I pointed out our youngster had done it twice.

Not in the league.

Seagullette
21-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by GeeTee
Not in the league.

Ok, once in the league and once in the cup.