PDA

View Full Version : Sound bridge

Les Butler
28-12-2007, 02:04 AM
I got hold of a great home theatre and thought I would add a wireless sound bridge for the music from my pc,did not know it connects to most web radio as well ,you do not even need to mess with the pc ,all done on the main unit by the remote control

Bloody brilliant !!!

http://www.rokulabs.com/images/sb-m1000-large.jpg

So much better than that apple airport crap or whatever it's called.

ozzieEagle
28-12-2007, 02:19 AM
Ahhhaaaa interesting topic Les....

I was looking at those, but figured the following may do this job better, bloody confusing area, these bridges from the PC to a home theatre in another room.

http://www.freecom.com/ecproduct_detail.asp?ID=3404&CatID=8020&sCatID=1146197&ssCatID=1146198

Multimedia harddrive, plays video as well, thats the main difference, However I've a feeling that the Wii maybe able to do the job I want, I've just got to work out how to interface the Net with my computer. It should be able to seeing as it links with my Router.

Anyone know if the Wii can access my own files on my computer seeing as it can access my router. If not is the MMedia harddrive with wireless access a better solution than the Soundbridge ?

Les Butler
28-12-2007, 02:31 AM
To be honest I have no clue when it comes to this,went to Cnet for the review and what to get and they said this was easy to set up etc etc and they saidthis was the better of the bunch.

It set itself up...

So far this has been a fantastic buy.

ozzieEagle
28-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Les Butler
To be honest I have no clue when it comes to this,went to Cnet for the review and what to get and they said this was easy to set up etc etc and they saidthis was the better of the bunch.

It set itself up...

So far this has been a fantastic buy.

Yes I get a headache think about it as well, the Wife takes the kids away on holiday next week, so I'm home alone for 10 days, I reckon it will take me that long to work out my best option. I'll be exploring every facet of the Wii's connectivity.

Nice Gadget though Les, enjoy it :)

Niceaction
28-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I've had one for a couple of years and think its great.

cumbrian_eagles
28-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Got one for Christmas, really enjoying having it. The unit was smarter than I thought it was going to be and was tuned into some crap yankie folk radio station in seconds :p