PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins Vs Hills

Dan 05
03-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Has to be Rhoys for me. Has a better left foot, is much quicker and has got international recognition.

eagle101
03-01-2008, 09:40 PM
I've never seen Wiggins play... which is the same for most of the Palace faithful? :confused:

OneSize
03-01-2008, 09:46 PM
whenever i have seen Wiggins play, he has been the best player on the pitch. Im sure he will become our first choice left back over Hills, just needs to stay clear of injuries. Id like to see him get on the bench against watford.

alaneagle
03-01-2008, 09:54 PM
is he even anywhere near fit? he has been out for over a year!

davematt
03-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Dan 05
Has to be Rhoys for me. Has a better left foot, is much quicker and has got international recognition.

Dan, have you seen Rhoys play SINCE returning from his long term injury? Just interested to know, as those who have are quick to point out that the injury seems to have completley set him back and he isnt looking anywhere near the same player.

Isle of Wight
03-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by OneSize
whenever i have seen Wiggins play, he has been the best player on the pitch. Im sure he will become our first choice left back over Hills, just needs to stay clear of injuries. Id like to see him get on the bench against watford.

Thats encouraging as I thought Hills looked good when I saw him.

Jay_Palace
03-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't think Wiggins will make it at Palace.

Super-Ste-Cious
03-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Dan 05
and has got international recognition.

With Wales!!!! Sorry but with the greatest of respect, I believe Wales have international playing currently in League 2.

presuming ed
03-01-2008, 10:35 PM
what a pointless poll.

anyone but the die-hard/borderline personality disorders that regulary attend reserve team football wont have seen Wiggins at all, let alone recently. Hills has played one game at left back and had a couple of appearances up-field when we've been defending a lead.

assuming they're both still at the club, ask us again next year.

Palaceboy222
04-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Before Wiggins injurey, he looked the better prospect, even in pre-season this year, but Hills has played for the first team and done very well, does it have to be either or? both could play further up the pitch if needed, although they face stiff competition from Dayton and Spence when fit

gold76
04-01-2008, 11:31 AM
With Hill & Hills ahead of him at left back, maybe once fit, a loan spell out would do him a bit of good.

CHERRY TREE BRB
04-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Seen Wiggins play a few times before all his injury woes, and really thought he would be the first from the current crop of youngsters to break into the first team squad. Sadly, he has had terrible luck with fitness, so it remains to be seen whether he will make it or not.

Lee Hills, has been excellent when called upon in the first team, his second half display at QPR was exceptional

kolinkins
04-01-2008, 11:35 AM
My concern when Wiggins got injured was that we would have another Boxall on our hands. Seems that is what we have got

FromSelhurst
04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
not seen wiggins post injuries but hills from what ive seen shouldnt be a starter just yet. 15 games on loan to a div 1 or 2 club would be good for the back end of the season.

Dave
04-01-2008, 01:05 PM
poll removed for technical reasons

silver
04-01-2008, 10:59 PM
thank you for the respect, Super

Maximus Dowieus
04-01-2008, 11:16 PM
It's not possible to make the comparison yet is it? Hills hasnt played enough and most fans have never seen Wiggins.

Slimbloke'H'
05-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Dave
poll removed for technical reasons I've no doubt that technically it was a complete waste of bandwidth...

Vince Hilaire's Afro
05-01-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure if this would help the team particularly, but Wiggins does have the advantage of reminding me of a great Derek and Clive schoolboy sketch.

Palaceboy222
05-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Was good to see Wiggins warming up on the pitch before the game today, along with Spence and Grabban.

Lets hope him and Spence are over their injurey worries

AJ
05-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Even Peter "I never play the youngster" Taylor rated Wiggins. Just wish PT had left Wiggins at home when they took the US tour.

adrenalin john
05-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Saw Wiggins briefly pre-season - looked awesome - has he made a full recovery from his injuries though?

He sure is one unlucky sod.

eagleforlife
06-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Super-Ste-Cious
With Wales!!!! Sorry but with the greatest of respect, I believe Wales have international playing currently in League 2.

Yeah because:

Hennessey - Championship
Ricketts - Championship
Bale - Premiership
Gabbidon - Premiership
Collins - Premiersip
Nyatanga - Premiership
Davies - Premiership
Koumas - Premiership
Robinson - MLS
Fletcher - Championship
Eastwood - Championship
Bellamy - Premiership

All League 2 standard players of course.

orp pisshead1
06-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife
Yeah because:

Hennessey - Championship
Ricketts - Championship
Bale - Premiership
Gabbidon - Premiership
Collins - Premiersip
Nyatanga - Premiership
Davies - Premiership
Koumas - Premiership
Robinson - MLS
Fletcher - Championship
Eastwood - Championship
Bellamy - Premiership

All League 2 standard players of course.

:p

Dan 05
07-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Rhoys is quality! He's back training.